Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 8th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W12 D4 L4

Woman's FIFA World Cup 2023

Read 8090 times
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 102 
      Re: Woman's FIFA World Cup 2023
      Reply #69: Aug 20, 2023 05:46:49 pm
      Congrats to the Spanish FA for sticking with the bloke, now a whole bunch of feminazis missed a world cup winners medal
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,079 posts | 2112 
      Reply #70: Aug 20, 2023 07:51:26 pm
      Itā€™s hilarious how much womenā€™s football pisses off some men!

Deeply insecure men as well. Probably the sort of people who think Andrew Tate 'has a point'.
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 330 posts | 62 
      Reply #71: Aug 20, 2023 07:56:31 pm
      Deeply insecure men as well. Probably the sort of people who think Andrew Tate 'has a point'.

You know there's something extremely weird that when a person disagrees with another's point they make personal insults trying to make their point seen more valid.

Very corbynista and the new woke left standard position.

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,563 posts | 1670 
      • YNWA
      Reply #72: Aug 20, 2023 08:45:11 pm
      Itā€™s hilarious how much womenā€™s football pisses off some men!

I don't know that it pisses a lot of men off. Am sure it does some. What are they pissed off about?
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,005 posts | 224 
      Reply #73: Aug 20, 2023 09:18:36 pm
      England went for Gold, but ended up with Silver, Thanks to Bronze.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,824 posts | 6771 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #74: Aug 20, 2023 10:37:13 pm

But I'm sure they'll beat Spain in the final.....go girls !!!

Told you we'd beat ya Aussie

Looks like it went to the wrong Home, Cas!  :D xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,665 posts | 1599 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #75: Aug 20, 2023 10:50:16 pm
      Looks like it went to the wrong Home, Cas!  :D xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Spain deserved their win, they played exceptional football, BUT at least we got to the final, very proud of our girls.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,824 posts | 6771 
      Reply #76: Aug 20, 2023 11:03:45 pm
      Spain deserved their win, they played exceptional football, BUT at least we got to the final, very proud of our girls.

I didn't watch it mate, just wanted to give u sh*t  :D xxxxx:action-smiley-065: :-*
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,665 posts | 1599 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #77: Aug 21, 2023 09:41:16 pm
      I didn't watch it mate, just wanted to give u sh*t  :D xxxxx:action-smiley-065: :-*

Nice to know who your friends are init !!    :smack: :rasp:  ;)
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 840 posts | 302 
      Reply #78: Aug 21, 2023 10:21:26 pm
      Disappointing result for England but Spain were the better team for most of the game.

I surprised that this thread got a few angry and toxic comments.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,824 posts | 6771 
      Reply #79: Aug 22, 2023 01:45:36 am
      Nice to know who your friends are init !!    :smack: :rasp:  ;)

:lmao: xxxxx:action-smiley-065: :-*
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #80: Aug 22, 2023 09:40:20 am
      So is the whinging about audiences, hyping up "their" game and crying about the pay argument.

That is odious and F***ing boring. I don't get why men feel sooooooooo F***ing threatened by women kicking a ball around.

engage your brain if you  have one or get someone to read posts and explain them to you. Its not about the Women its about the media hype trying tp push them to a place they are not ready to be in. this bollox standard retort about men being threatened by womens football for fucks sake grow up and try to have an independent thought. its the same with FSG just rinse and repeat the same bollox supporting them .
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1802 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #81: Aug 22, 2023 09:43:23 am
      Is it over now, can I turn sky sports news on again. ???  l o l

All summer its been england mens cricket, england womans cricket, engand womans football, england mens footi, harry kane, declan rice, etc. etc. etc...

Really should rename it sky england sports news. l o l
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 840 posts | 302 
      Reply #82: Aug 26, 2023 12:07:36 am
      It's very disappointing that the legacy of this world cup has been tarnished by the actions of luis Rubiales, head of the Spanish FA and his reluctance to resign after his sexist behaviour and comments.

He'll probably be gone within a few days but it's frustrating that it has dragged on so long.

The Spanish team have shown a lot of bravery and solidarity after their win in the tournament.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,079 posts | 2112 
      Reply #83: Aug 26, 2023 12:11:28 am
      It's very disappointing that the legacy of this world cup has been tarnished by the actions of luis Rubiales, head of the Spanish FA and his reluctance to resign after his sexist behaviour and comments.

He'll probably be gone within a few days but it's frustrating that it has dragged on so long.

The Spanish team have shown a lot of bravery and solidarity after their win in the tournament.

Yeah the kiss was bad enough but to double down on it and then start deflecting and trying to steer wreckage towards Hermoso and her colleagues is F***ing grim.

What a F***ing SCUMBAG.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3855 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #84: Aug 26, 2023 12:26:26 am
      Yeah the kiss was bad enough but to double down on it and then start deflecting and trying to steer wreckage towards Hermoso and her colleagues is F***ing grim.

What a F***ing SCUMBAG.

Him and every man that applauded his
      ā€œIā€™m not F***ing leavingā€ bullshit.

Even worse theyā€™ve altered footage to make it look like she lifted him.

Absolute misogynists
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,331 posts | 8605 
      Reply #85: Aug 27, 2023 12:57:45 pm
      engage your brain if you  have one or get someone to read posts and explain them to you. Its not about the Women its about the media hype trying tp push them to a place they are not ready to be in. this bollox standard retort about men being threatened by womens football for fucks sake grow up and try to have an independent thought. its the same with FSG just rinse and repeat the same bollox supporting them .

"Media hype"

Then turn your TV off or don't read the F***ing papers. Not F***ing hard is it genius?

And you're telling me to engage my brain you cheeky c**t.

You're a F***ing snowflake threatened by women's football or media pressure - how F***ing sad and pathetic are you?
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,872 posts | 704 
      Reply #86: Aug 27, 2023 01:48:26 pm
      Quote from Klopps Snood

You might have been proud of them, unfortunately for all their talk, they were not so proud of you. When they got home, they cleared off asap, leaving thousands of fans standing around in Heathrow, looking like fools waiting patiently for them. To put it in perspective, Ireland had the full city centre reception when they got home. And all they achieved at the tournament was a goal and a point.

The media coverage is what gets to many, me included. That every game (regardless of quality) was fantastic, every goal scored (regardless of distance) was superb, every attendance (regardless of empty rows/seats) set a new record, how every Korean game (regardless of competitiveness) is inspiring the next generation there, along with the standard party political broadcasts you always have to put up with at these tournaments, to remember how deprived everyone involved was, a full and solid 50 YEARS ago.

Men are not threatened by women's football, men's football is serious and has serious crowds in attendance. Women's football is entertainment, where the result doesn't really matter tbh as long as everyone there enjoyed themselves. To demonstrate that, our women's team lost the derby 3-0 at home last season, they also lost by six at the mancs. If that was the men's team, the place would go into meltdown, and this particular parish would go full on nuclear. The post match reaction would have probably been 30 new posts per minute. As it was the women's team, nobody gave a toss. There's the difference.

My opinion, such as it is, is that if a female really wants to play football (or other sports) in England or most democratic countries in the world and is serious, there's no barrier to stop her. But the reality is most of them don't want to be footballers or even sportstars. Most of them would rather be doing something else for a living. And women the world over, regardless of culture class tribe or background, all basically want the same thing; home, husband, family. They talk to each other about it basically every day of the week, if not theirs then somebody else's. And as long as they have that, most of them are happy enough with their lives. Now there's nothing wrong with that lifestyle at all, it's generally a nicer better and healthier lifestyle than what we men live with, it's certainly much more responsible. But it's their choice to live like that, not men forcing it upon them.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 840 posts | 302 
      Reply #87: Aug 28, 2023 09:55:07 am
      You might have been proud of them, unfortunately for all their talk, they were not so proud of you. When they got home, they cleared off asap, leaving thousands of fans standing around in Heathrow, looking like fools waiting patiently for them. To put it in perspective, Ireland had the full city centre reception when they got home. And all they achieved at the tournament was a goal and a point.

The media coverage is what gets to many, me included. That every game (regardless of quality) was fantastic, every goal scored (regardless of distance) was superb, every attendance (regardless of empty rows/seats) set a new record, how every Korean game (regardless of competitiveness) is inspiring the next generation there, along with the standard party political broadcasts you always have to put up with at these tournaments, to remember how deprived everyone involved was, a full and solid 50 YEARS ago.

Men are not threatened by women's football, men's football is serious and has serious crowds in attendance. Women's football is entertainment, where the result doesn't really matter tbh as long as everyone there enjoyed themselves. To demonstrate that, our women's team lost the derby 3-0 at home last season, they also lost by six at the mancs. If that was the men's team, the place would go into meltdown, and this particular parish would go full on nuclear. The post match reaction would have probably been 30 new posts per minute. As it was the women's team, nobody gave a toss. There's the difference.

My opinion, such as it is, is that if a female really wants to play football (or other sports) in England or most democratic countries in the world and is serious, there's no barrier to stop her. But the reality is most of them don't want to be footballers or even sportstars. Most of them would rather be doing something else for a living. And women the world over, regardless of culture class tribe or background, all basically want the same thing; home, husband, family. They talk to each other about it basically every day of the week, if not theirs then somebody else's. And as long as they have that, most of them are happy enough with their lives. Now there's nothing wrong with that lifestyle at all, it's generally a nicer better and healthier lifestyle than what we men live with, it's certainly much more responsible. But it's their choice to live like that, not men forcing it upon them.

That is a massive load of sexist gammon snowflake crap. Are you seriously saying that all women really want is a husband, a baby and a nice kitchen?

I don't have a very up to date statistic but I saw an article last year that said the average salary in the WSL was about Ā£45,000 per year. A lot of EPL players (probably the majority) earn more than that in 1 week. Most of the people posting on this forum probably earn more.
      Money is not everything but most people expect to get well paid for their job, especially if they have a short career as a sportsperson. Many women footballers around the world get paid a lot less than the average WSL player.
      Women's football is developing very quickly and the standard of football continues to improve. I thought that the quality had improved significantly from the Euros last year to the world cup and is demonstrated by the poor performance of USA. They have been caught and overtaken by many other countries, especially the European countries who have developed professional leagues. When more women see professional football as a viable career the standard of football will continue to improve.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,231 posts | 1222 
      Reply #88: Aug 29, 2023 03:57:18 pm
      That is a massive load of sexist gammon snowflake crap. Are you seriously saying that all women really want is a husband, a baby and a nice kitchen?

I don't have a very up to date statistic but I saw an article last year that said the average salary in the WSL was about Ā£45,000 per year. A lot of EPL players (probably the majority) earn more than that in 1 week. Most of the people posting on this forum probably earn more.
      Money is not everything but most people expect to get well paid for their job, especially if they have a short career as a sportsperson. Many women footballers around the world get paid a lot less than the average WSL player.
      Women's football is developing very quickly and the standard of football continues to improve. I thought that the quality had improved significantly from the Euros last year to the world cup and is demonstrated by the poor performance of USA. They have been caught and overtaken by many other countries, especially the European countries who have developed professional leagues. When more women see professional football as a viable career the standard of football will continue to improve.

One suspects that knobhead across the water doesn't really speak to many women.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,563 posts | 1497 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #89: Aug 29, 2023 06:51:40 pm
      One suspects that knobhead across the water doesn't really speak to many women.
      The man rubs his cock every night looking at naked posters of Howard Webb with just the letters VAR covering his tiny cockā€¦ not a chance he speaks to many women.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,872 posts | 704 
      Reply #90: Sep 03, 2023 11:59:03 pm
      I thought Rubiales had signed up there for a minute. The man who uses his public platform to make everything up as he goes along. I'm sure no woman will talk to him again.

Quote from gazred
      Are you seriously saying that all women really want is a husband, a baby and a nice kitchen?

Football is a viable career for women, if they want it badly enough. It's not my place to comment on the salaries of what other posters here earn, but what I can say is that if I earned what you say the WSL players do, then it's more than enough for me to manage, and I would be at a lot more LFC games than I am, that's for sure.

Of course they want more, some of them demand equal pay as well. The fact that women's football is largely played in inadequate stadiums, full of empty seats, tickets that cost a fraction of those in men's football and still can't sell, poor promotion, inadequate media coverage, no VAR, is immaterial to them. But if they want all the attention and glamour that comes with the men's game, then they have to have what the men's game has. Equality comes with rights and responsibilities, it's not merely "give me the rights I want, but you still deal with the ones I don't."

If you're honest, the quality at the WC was men's non league level. Look at the Colombia keeper's feeble attempts to stop the England equaliser. Look at the Haiti keeper's unique no effort to save penalties technique. Look at the open goals missed, the endless misplaced passes, the toothless penalty taking. It might be the WC, but this is not WC quality. England will go on to hockey Eastern European teams by double figures until the next tournament. What will anyone learn from them? Nothing.

When you get to a certain age in life, you realise that one of the first things a woman asks you, is about your marital status, and whether you have a family of your own or not. Some of them won't even bother saying hello to introduce themselves beforehand. That's what they want to know, and I understand why, even if they don't necessarily like the answer. But it does show that it's more important to them than most other things in life.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 840 posts | 302 
      Reply #91: Sep 04, 2023 03:13:48 pm
      I thought Rubiales had signed up there for a minute. The man who uses his public platform to make everything up as he goes along. I'm sure no woman will talk to him again.

Football is a viable career for women, if they want it badly enough. It's not my place to comment on the salaries of what other posters here earn, but what I can say is that if I earned what you say the WSL players do, then it's more than enough for me to manage, and I would be at a lot more LFC games than I am, that's for sure.

Of course they want more, some of them demand equal pay as well. The fact that women's football is largely played in inadequate stadiums, full of empty seats, tickets that cost a fraction of those in men's football and still can't sell, poor promotion, inadequate media coverage, no VAR, is immaterial to them. But if they want all the attention and glamour that comes with the men's game, then they have to have what the men's game has. Equality comes with rights and responsibilities, it's not merely "give me the rights I want, but you still deal with the ones I don't."

If you're honest, the quality at the WC was men's non league level. Look at the Colombia keeper's feeble attempts to stop the England equaliser. Look at the Haiti keeper's unique no effort to save penalties technique. Look at the open goals missed, the endless misplaced passes, the toothless penalty taking. It might be the WC, but this is not WC quality. England will go on to hockey Eastern European teams by double figures until the next tournament. What will anyone learn from them? Nothing.

I agree that the women's World cup cannot be compared to elite men's football but that is due to the pool of available players which is why I highlighted the issue of wages. Mens football, especially in Europe and South America, has had many years to develop player development systems, professional leagues, academies and school sports that produce many millions of young people who want to be the next Messi. The rewards for success are massive and this produces a lot of quality players.
      This situation is very different for women. At the last world cup only 30% of the participants got paid, only 40% described themselves as professional sportspeople and 66% said they had to use unpaid leave or holidays to play in qualifying games (FIFPRO data). So obviously the standard of football will be different.
      But it was not that long ago that the men's world cup had teams and players that were far below the standard of the best teams.

I don't think that women footballers want equal pay with male players generally but they deserve equal levels of appearance fees at international games, it's not a large sum of money. It would have been nice if the Nigerian players got paid without having to threaten a strike.

Women's football continues to evolve, it's much better than non league football and (as with most football) is good to watch when we have 2 equally matched teams. Watching 1 sided football is a bit dull at every level, except when it's Liverpool v United. We can watch 7-0 thrashing every week and it never gets boring.

Quick Reply