Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Andre (Fluminense)

Read 30385 times
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,067 posts | 548 
      Re: Andre (Fluminense)
      Reply #69: Aug 22, 2023 10:36:56 pm
      I'd rather we got him now, since I don't think we need 2 CMs but think it would be risky to wait til Jan for the 1 we do need.

If we don't get him now I think we'll go for Gravenberch and (if we get him) that'll be it.
      Bleedingred
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 486 posts | 79 
      Reply #70: Aug 22, 2023 10:47:01 pm
      If he's worth £30m he's worth £34m.

Don't be fooled this is all a PR stunt to say "we tried". We've been here many many times. Appease the fans with a few links. Through a couple bids in that's way below the required amount. Bid for players we know won't come to us.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,266 posts | 1230 
      Reply #71: Aug 22, 2023 11:04:16 pm
      I'd be happy with André and a CB as we are quite late in the window now (that's how these f*ckers get you  ;D) but with the copa libertadalorian it looks as though gravenberch is b the more likely option. We may even have another bidding war to look forward to.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,503 posts | 826 
      Reply #72: Aug 23, 2023 12:10:45 am

Don't be fooled this is all a PR stunt to say "we tried". We've been here many many times. Appease the fans with a few links. Through a couple bids in that's way below the required amount. Bid for players we know won't come to us.
      This is fools talk. These owners have nothing to fear from fans and are not interested in such childish folly.
      « Last Edit: Aug 23, 2023 11:28:24 am by Longy-Shops »
      Bleedingred
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 486 posts | 79 
      Reply #73: Aug 23, 2023 01:26:08 am
      This is fools talk. These owners have nothing to fear from fans and are interested in such childish folly.

Fall for it if you like
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,947 posts | 453 
      Reply #74: Aug 23, 2023 05:54:40 am
      Ouarter final of Copa Libertadores is played this Friday with 2nd leg not until 1st September.

If we get him, we're getting him in January.

Trigger the release clause it won't matter when any of their games are.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #75: Aug 23, 2023 08:27:37 am
      There has only bee the one report from ESPN Brazil to say thatan offer was made for Andre. If he really does have a relese clause for mid-30 million and we've bid £30 million then they truly have not learned a thing from the Lavia debacle and it's amateur hour once again. If there is a release clause simply pay it. I'm not sure there has been a bid though because I cannot fathom that they would take  such an incompetent approach for a 2nd time with the close of the window drawing near.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #76: Aug 23, 2023 10:14:42 am
      This is fools talk. These owners have nothing to fear from fans and are interested in such childish folly.

They sit up and listen/panic when there is talk of boycotting games and club products which would affect the market value of the asset, as proven in the past when FSG were committing LFC to a European Super League.
      JWH apologised to supporters in spite of "having nothing to fear from fans" for FSG's "lack of judgement".
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #77: Aug 23, 2023 10:30:27 am

The 'appease' stunt is now accepted as part of a F**k you process and not the true definition of the word, which again is now grudgingly accepted by the majority.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,503 posts | 826 
      Reply #78: Aug 23, 2023 11:27:09 am
      They sit up and listen/panic when there is talk of boycotting games and club products which would affect the market value of the asset, as proven in the past when FSG were committing LFC to a European Super League.
      JWH apologised to supporters in spite of "having nothing to fear from fans" for FSG's "lack of judgement".
      I'm not a full on defender of all things FSG...They'll get things right and they'll get things wrong. The climbdown on the Super League would have been influenced by the demonstrations by all the clubs involved. The herd mentality of the fans had gained so much momentum it was clear it was doomed to fail. It's hard to know if they'd have been as quick to abandon their plans in isolation.
      Of course their misguided, attempt to copyright the word "Liverpool" was comically farcical.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,266 posts | 1230 
      Reply #79: Aug 23, 2023 11:37:08 am
      The 'club won't overpay' arguments now look silly given what transpired from the Caicedo/Lavia affair. We didn't just look to overpay, we bid absolutely stupid money, and the lesson now for any club seeking to protect their interests against a bigger club looking to poach their talent is that if you stick to your guns you might get an extra windfall. It was a high profile strategic F**k up and the implications weaken our hand. If it is true that Andre has a release clause and we are playing hardball it would be the definition of insanity.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #80: Aug 23, 2023 12:53:01 pm
      I'm not a full on defender of all things FSG...They'll get things right and they'll get things wrong. The climbdown on the Super League would have been influenced by the demonstrations by all the clubs involved. The herd mentality of the fans had gained so much momentum it was clear it was doomed to fail. It's hard to know if they'd have been as quick to abandon their plans in isolation.
      Of course their misguided, attempt to copyright the word "Liverpool" was comically farcical.

After all this time as our custodians a supreme example of how much FSG understand and empathise with the club and its supporters.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #81: Aug 23, 2023 02:27:38 pm
      The 'club won't overpay' arguments now look silly given what transpired from the Caicedo/Lavia affair. We didn't just look to overpay, we bid absolutely stupid money, and the lesson now for any club seeking to protect their interests against a bigger club looking to poach their talent is that if you stick to your guns you might get an extra windfall. It was a high profile strategic F**k up and the implications weaken our hand. If it is true that Andre has a release clause and we are playing hardball it would be the definition of insanity.

The 'bid' for Caicedo was farcical and defies credibility!

The £30m release clause for Andre not being addressed by the club illustrates the disparity of the Caicedo tale, a supposed £110m bid for an unknown quantity compared to a refusal to bid for a much needed CM.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #82: Aug 23, 2023 02:52:14 pm
      The 'bid' for Caicedo was farcical and defies credibility!

The £30m release clause for Andre not being addressed by the club illustrates the disparity of the Caicedo tale, a supposed £110m bid for an unknown quantity compared to a refusal to bid for a much needed CM.
      Never once thought that Caicedo bid was the real deal , in fact I believe the club accountant would have actually gone into a melt down had the player agreed to it .
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #83: Aug 23, 2023 03:14:16 pm
      Sorry are we seriously suggesting the club had a 111m bid agreed with Brighton but were not going to complete the deal? Or that we didn't bid?? You can argue the merits of making the offer - considering it appears it directly harmed our chances of landing Lavia - but it happened and if Caicedo wanted to agree terms we'd have done so.

Lots of issues with how we've gone about the business since Fab & Hendo departed but suggesting the Caicedo bid wasn't "real" is silly. The money is there to replace Fab long term, I just hope we get it right, whether its this lad Andre or whoever else.
      CT_LFC

• 6,816 posts | 1407 
      Reply #84: Aug 23, 2023 03:23:22 pm
      Sorry are we seriously suggesting the club had a 111m bid agreed with Brighton but were not going to complete the deal? Or that we didn't bid?? You can argue the merits of making the offer - considering it appears it directly harmed our chances of landing Lavia - but it happened and if Caicedo wanted to agree terms we'd have done so.

Lots of issues with how we've gone about the business since Fab & Hendo departed but suggesting the Caicedo bid wasn't "real" is silly. The money is there to replace Fab long term, I just hope we get it right, whether its this lad Andre or whoever else.

Yup, and Jürgen was in on it and if Caicedo had said yes we would have just said "sorry, we weren't serious. We just wanted to appease fans"
      Scottbot

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #85: Aug 23, 2023 03:47:48 pm
      Never once thought that Caicedo bid was the real deal , in fact I believe the club accountant would have actually gone into a melt down had the player agreed to it .

I think that’s silly mate, the bid was real. They left it on the table for three days. If it really was all bluff It would have come off the table quickly as it was presented. This sounds like conspiracy theorist stuff.  Yes they r made a feckin pigs ear of things but I don’t believe that for a minute. It’s crazy talk.
      Scottbot

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #86: Aug 23, 2023 03:51:16 pm
      Reports now suggesting the release clause is closer to £60 million. Given the price everyone is now paying for DMs I’m pretty sure they’d be holding out for someone to meet that figure. Certainly not gonna sell for a derisory 25 mill they were reported to have bid.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #87: Aug 23, 2023 03:56:11 pm
      Reports now suggesting the release clause is closer to £60 million. Given the price everyone is now paying for DMs I’m pretty sure they’d be holding out for someone to meet that figure. Certainly not gonna sell for a derisory 25 mill they were reported to have bid.

While that makes it reasonable for us to not just pay the release, like you said, it makes our initial bid look kind of foolish ;D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #88: Aug 23, 2023 04:04:29 pm
      Supposedly make a £110 bid for an unknown quantity and then refuse to make a £30m acceptable bid for a player we need!?!?

Where in the world does that make sense?
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,632 posts | 765 
      Reply #89: Aug 23, 2023 04:14:44 pm
      Supposedly make a £110 bid for an unknown quantity and then refuse to make a £30m acceptable bid for a player we need!?!?

Where in the world does that make sense?

i think clubs are within their right to not overpay for what the deem acceptable. As Pep said recently. Citeh refused to pay 80 million for Maguire when they made a bid, they refused to pay 100+ for Rice, they didnt pay for Coochie-rella even tho they were interested. They have all the money in the world.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #90: Aug 23, 2023 05:01:03 pm
      i think clubs are within their right to not overpay for what the deem acceptable. As Pep said recently. Citeh refused to pay 80 million for Maguire when they made a bid, they refused to pay 100+ for Rice, they didnt pay for Coochie-rella even tho they were interested. They have all the money in the world.

The analogy makes no sense as an answer to the supposed £110m bid and the refusal to £30m for a player we need.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,503 posts | 826 
      Reply #91: Aug 23, 2023 05:20:41 pm
      Go out in the street and offer the first bloke you meet a £20 note, As he go's to take it, withdraw your offer and say you were only joking.
      ......Then use that £20 to get an Uber to A&E to get your nose fixed.

Quick Reply