Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 5th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W10 D4 L4

Pre Match Chelsea v Liverpool - Sunday 13th Aug 16:30

Read 5102 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,953 posts | 5012 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Pre Match Chelsea v Liverpool - Sunday 13th Aug 16:30
      Reply #69: Aug 12, 2023 03:03:46 pm
      Wanna bet.

Owen's a greedy little sh*te. That only cared about his shitty England place the bluenose pr**k.  The way he wouldn't offer Rafa any time and fu**ed off to Madrid after running his contract down for a paltry F***ing £8 million.

Torres was sold by these owners cos someone advised them to cash in on him because of the knee injury and joined Chelsea cos we accepted their offer. Remember his falling put with Gerrard and the middle fingers in the warm down at Wolves away. Torres didn't walk away, we let him!!

Big difference for me, Torres f***in off to Chavs was a step down and he was never the same player, i always felt he looked decidedly uncomfortable when I seen him in that shitty shirt, time tho has mellowed my angst against him and almost forgive him….as for that Cnut Owen, I’ll be grateful for what he gave us but never never never will I ever forgive the little b***ard for signing for that f***in lot,

Not quite the same thing but it’s akin to committing Treason and should pay the ultimate penalty, stopping short of actual bullets I’d have him up against a wall and shot with a paint gun, but rather than paint I’d be using turds, quite appropriate for such a little Turd like him 💩😡💩😡💩😡💩

KUNT !!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,279 posts | 8590 
      Reply #70: Aug 12, 2023 03:38:39 pm

Big difference for me, Torres f***in off to Chavs was a step down and he was never the same player

Hindsight being what it is, I honestly think it was as just as much a case of us letting Torres go and cashing in, especially in light of the injury he got at the World Cup.
      instinct
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 175 posts | 18 
      Reply #71: Aug 12, 2023 04:00:23 pm

Big difference for me, Torres f***in off to Chavs was a step down and he was never the same player, i always felt he looked decidedly uncomfortable when I seen him in that shitty shirt, time tho has mellowed my angst against him and almost forgive him….as for that Cnut Owen, I’ll be grateful for what he gave us but never never never will I ever forgive the little b***ard for signing for that f***in lot,

Not quite the same thing but it’s akin to committing Treason and should pay the ultimate penalty, stopping short of actual bullets I’d have him up against a wall and shot with a paint gun, but rather than paint I’d be using turds, quite appropriate for such a little Turd like him 💩😡💩😡💩😡💩

KUNT !!!

Torres was already on a downward curve before he left us. He was fairly average in the last year for us m.Chelsea bought him on previous seasons form, which he never recaptured
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,297 posts | 1666 
      Reply #72: Aug 12, 2023 09:01:20 pm
      Forgot no boss on touchline tomorrow . These have crept up very close to Mancs as must hated club
      Edit sorry it was suspended
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #73: Aug 12, 2023 09:59:04 pm
      Can't wait for this. Come on red men!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,130 posts | 83 
      Reply #74: Aug 13, 2023 12:52:54 am
      If we wanna win the PL we need to win some of these games against potent opponents on the road. But a draw would be a decent start as well. If we lose it will become an uphill battle right from the start because it will freshen the bad memories of last season. I did not see preseason games, so no idea who should start.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #75: Aug 13, 2023 04:55:45 am
      Three points needed. Shouldn’t settle for anything less. These f*ckers need to be schooled.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,807 posts | 6754 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #76: Aug 13, 2023 05:37:07 am
      Letsssss goooooooooooo
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,953 posts | 5012 
      Reply #77: Aug 13, 2023 07:41:54 am
      Don't mind people accepting Fernando back into the fold. But I don't get how Torres gets a free pass whilst Owen is still cast out in the badlands. Even more bizarre when unlike Owen, Torres ultimately contributed the sum total of F**k all silverware during his time here. There are levels and Torres ain't even close to Owen's

He crossed the line mate, a line that should never ever be crossed, he’s a f***in Scab, like those who cross picket lines, basically turning his back on his own,

It’s the same principle, whether you’re a Miner, a Docker or a football star, silverware won or not won is irrelevant, Owen is a Scab, and nothing he he ever does or says will ever change that !!

If there’s one thing in your life you never do is sh*t on your own doorstep, that’s what he did !!

YNWA
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,637 posts | 130 
      Reply #78: Aug 13, 2023 07:55:05 am
      So who will play in DM, MacAllister or Jones?  :laugh:

The best thing we could now is hopefully boss them around on the pitch and put a couple of goals in. Just show Caicedo what he is missing out on now.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,953 posts | 5012 
      Reply #79: Aug 13, 2023 08:16:25 am
      So who will play in DM, MacAllister or Jones?  :laugh:

The best thing we could now is hopefully boss them around on the pitch and put a couple of goals in. Just show Caicedo what he is missing out on now.

Macca for me temporarily of course, he’s more experienced than Jones,  is more versatile and has better vision, he’s more suited to the role if you want, and you can laugh if you want, but although not ideal, we can make do for now.

YNWA
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,283 posts | 4938 
      Reply #80: Aug 13, 2023 09:28:01 am
      My mind hasn't changed since a few days ago

Play Jones and MacAllister as a 2 with Szoboszlai ahead and Trent to stay more orthodox.

Allison

Trent     Konate     Virgil     Roberson

Jones      MacAllister

Szoboszlai

Salah         Gakpo         Jota
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,352 posts | 1534 
      Reply #81: Aug 13, 2023 10:30:54 am
      Think I’d go with
                          Allison
          Trent  Konate  VVD   Robertson
                        Mac Alister
                 Szoboszlai      Jones
                  Mo     Nunez    Jota

I think one holding, any that being a more experienced player, and Nunez to start to unleash  chaos in the chavs defence.

I’ve predicted 1-3 to the red men. Confident we can do this.
      Just need the new lads to implement the press and to not get caught with the long balls ghrough or over our back four.
      Another issue we have to overcome is the set piece or corner to the far post.

Come on you mighty red men, let’s put these plastic flag waving rent boys in their place ! 
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #82: Aug 13, 2023 10:43:41 am
      See if the new bodies in the middle if with fresh legs can cause more havoc in the middle and control the game for periods of time. Felt away from home last season we didn't have that which resulted in our poor record on the road.

As far as starting line up I think you will see the same team that played the last friendly.

I am just happy we are back playing and not only reading about transfer drama
      rossyred

• 9,297 posts | 1666 
      Reply #83: Aug 13, 2023 01:22:04 pm
      Think the only debate is Diaz or Jota . Think Diaz could be useful off the bench against tiring legs so will go with Jota to start
      Bleedingred
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 486 posts | 79 
      Reply #84: Aug 13, 2023 01:47:10 pm
      I'd start with Diaz to give Reece James something to think about going forward
      Tadders

• 6,790 posts | 574 
      Reply #85: Aug 13, 2023 02:24:27 pm
      I think we can safely say this would be very very sweet. At some point this horrible club with absolutely no class will get it right, but we might just be playing them at the right time.
      Fabio Aurelio
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 878 posts | 114 
      Reply #86: Aug 13, 2023 02:30:21 pm
       I hope we play with high intensity today and I want the 3 points, no more 0-0s, even though that‘s a likely result.

3223 in attack and 433 when defending. Nunez to unleash chaos off the bench.

Ali
            Konate  VVD    Robbo
                Trent      Mac Allister
            Gakpo            Jones
      Salah         Jota          Diaz

AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,550 posts | 1494 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #87: Aug 13, 2023 02:35:41 pm
      After the drama of this week I'd happily take a draw away at Stamford Bridge, hopefully I'm wrong though and we batter them.
      rossyred

• 9,297 posts | 1666 
      Reply #88: Aug 13, 2023 02:46:15 pm
      Wonder if they might leave Jones out and play Gakpo midfield with Mac and Dom. Both Jota and Diaz to start which think would be good
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,353 posts | 1634 
      Reply #89: Aug 13, 2023 02:53:07 pm

Not long to go  before the first full team of the season , Fck them plastic flag waving cnuts, come on you red men let’s start in style .
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #90: Aug 13, 2023 03:05:43 pm
      I'm hoping Klopp will prove to us all that we don't need to buy a DM. It's difficult to accept, and produce the results, but it can be done.

Then the question is will the transfer funds disappear to elsewhere if we didn't use it? Or it'll be there for as dry powder for future use.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #91: Aug 13, 2023 03:24:41 pm
      So excited for this game. New Season, new start.

Don't give a F**k about the starting eleven. Klopp knows what he has got.

All i want to see is that hunger back in the team. If that is there then the rest will take care of itself.

Come on boys! Let's batter these Plastic Cwntz!

Quick Reply