Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Wataru “This is the end” Endo (Vtb Stuttgart)

Read 16338 times
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,854 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Re: Wataru “This is the end” Endo (Vtb Stuttgart)
      Reply #184: Aug 17, 2023 10:49:37 am
      I do think we need a 'warrior' in our midfield to break up play and put some bite into it ,hopefully Endo will fit that position nicely ,I welcome Endo and look forward to him as a red
      ShabbaRanks
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20 posts |
      Reply #185: Aug 17, 2023 10:52:27 am
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,739 posts | 159 
      Re: Waturo “This is the end” Endo (Vtb Stuttgart)
      Reply #186: Aug 17, 2023 10:57:25 am
      Yes it did seem a strange signing to bring in someone aged 30 when the club have previously looked at players a lot younger

So we agree then ? I have the same opinion as you. I don't mind him as a squad option, but as first choice NO.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,500 posts | 826 
      Reply #187: Aug 17, 2023 11:13:09 am
      One for the future, albeit the near future. There was a hole that needed plugging and that's what we've done. There's no rule that says signings are all long term, sometimes a quick repair represents good value until a longer term solution can be found. Sensible, pragmatic signing.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,265 posts | 3503 
      Re: Waturo “This is the end” Endo (Vtb Stuttgart)
      Reply #188: Aug 17, 2023 11:16:39 am
      So we agree then ? I have the same opinion as you. I don't mind him as a squad option, but as first choice NO.

You are talking abut panicking etc

If he comes in and a younger player later then there is no issues

He appears to be a very good player who can be dropped into the team straight away
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,732 posts | 3742 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #189: Aug 17, 2023 11:29:12 am
      He is going to rotate with Thiago since Thiago is not capable to play more than 60 minutes and stay fit.

I am actually happy with this signing. He is needed. You cannot have a team full of stars (like Chelsea) and not having issues keeping everyone happy.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,990 posts | 5048 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #190: Aug 17, 2023 11:52:06 am
      Tbh mate not one person in the whole world can see this as an improvement on any of the midfielders that have left.
      We are singing his so late in the window as well.
      Screams desperation

So you would rather we signed no one, signing anyone this late in the window you could argue was desperation, compounded by being gazumped for Lavia & Caicedo, it is a improvement if you consider the lack of experience when we lost Hendo, Fab & Jimmy, too many are chucking the fella under the bus cos he’s no big name, or cost us Zillions,

He’s 30, not 38, so we can get a good three seasons out of him, his stats back up his talent and for me is exactly what we need AT THIS MOMENT, he’s versatile too, can play DM or CB and a ideal mentor for Bacjetic, ….

….what isn’t there to like…..oh wait…no f**ker had heard of him….he isn’t costing us £50m….and no other f**ker was looking at him….or is that the default setting now to sign players that fit our system ??
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #191: Aug 17, 2023 11:59:07 am
      https://fbref.com/en/players/c149016b/Wataru-Endo

Looking at his actual stats and not what twitter make up:

His defensive stats are nothing to shout about, he’s decent in the air and chips in with the odd goal.
      Caveat is the numbers are obviously from a lower level league.
      thanks2shanks
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 292 posts | 31 
      Reply #192: Aug 17, 2023 12:03:00 pm
      "The stats show the Stuttgart captain and consummate defensive midfielder
      has been the Bundesliga's number one tackler for two seasons in a row."

Pen-pic of Japan's 2022 World Cup squad in "World Soccer" magazine.

Welcome, Endo!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #193: Aug 17, 2023 12:03:33 pm
      https://fbref.com/en/players/c149016b/Wataru-Endo

Looking at his actual stats and not what twitter make up:

His defensive stats are nothing to shout about, he’s decent in the air and chips in with the odd goal.
      Caveat is the numbers are obviously from a lower level league.

It's not that twitter is making things up, but the Squawka tweet that is doing the rounds is looking at totals for the past 3 seasons, so he's leading on some key metrics but that is partly the result of him being constantly available and having played more minutes than most midfielders in that league (33 appearances in each of the last 3 seasons - it's a 34 game league).

His per 90 stats are still good though even if not spectacular, apart from clearances and headers where he's in the top tier, which is interesting given he's not even that tall
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #194: Aug 17, 2023 12:12:24 pm
      It's not that twitter is making things up, but the Squawka tweet that is doing the rounds is looking at totals for the past 3 seasons, so he's leading on some key metrics but that is partly the result of him being constantly available and having played more minutes than most midfielders in that league (33 appearances in each of the last 3 seasons - it's a 34 game league).

His per 90 stats are still good though even if not spectacular, apart from clearances and headers where he's in the top tier, which is interesting given he's not even that tall

So it suggests his stats have declined slightly over the last year compared to his 3 year mean.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,264 posts | 1118 
      Reply #195: Aug 17, 2023 12:20:33 pm
      I can understand how many see this as underwhelming but it really depends on the bigger picture.  Will he be the only midfield signing?  I see him as a Hendo replacement- now we need a Fab replacement.   Perhaps I’m being a little too optimistic?
      Folks don't do positivity round these parts
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #196: Aug 17, 2023 12:20:40 pm
      Endo will be a fine addition to the squad for a couple of seasons at least.

instinct
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 175 posts | 18 
      Reply #197: Aug 17, 2023 12:23:42 pm

So you would rather we signed no one, signing anyone this late in the window you could argue was desperation, compounded by being gazumped for Lavia & Caicedo, it is a improvement if you consider the lack of experience when we lost Hendo, Fab & Jimmy, too many are chucking the fella under the bus cos he’s no big name, or cost us Zillions,

He’s 30, not 38, so we can get a good three seasons out of him, his stats back up his talent and for me is exactly what we need AT THIS MOMENT, he’s versatile too, can play DM or CB and a ideal mentor for Bacjetic, ….

….what isn’t there to like…..oh wait…no f**ker had heard of him….he isn’t costing us £50m….and no other f**ker was looking at him….or is that the default setting now to sign players that fit our system ??

I would have preferred us to keep one. Of the players we sold or let go. Instead of taking a 30 year old player on wiith little experience at top level football
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #198: Aug 17, 2023 12:28:44 pm
      It is underwhelming signing for sure given the age and profile of the player but let's see what he can offer. From what I read he does the dirty work in the middle which could combine well with Mac/Szob to allow them to be more of a influence in further up the field
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #199: Aug 17, 2023 12:35:26 pm
      interesting how SKY focus on his age 30 in feb yet Kane is just turning 30 and at hi speak what a joke of a channel. We have gone from Bellingham, Caecido, Lavia and now this lad. Is this the rebuild we were expecting to get us back challenging?.
      Desperate for a body in that position so hope he comes in and does a job he will get supported 100% I am sure of that. If however he has a slow start these pundits will be all over the club like a nasty rash.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #200: Aug 17, 2023 01:03:33 pm
      Wait and see before judging but from what I heard he is decent not sh*t.

Give him chance. He is not the reason we do not have the other two.

I was joking
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,739 posts | 159 
      Reply #201: Aug 17, 2023 01:05:54 pm
      Olise turned Chelsea down  :lmao:
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,739 posts | 3948 
      Reply #202: Aug 17, 2023 01:10:08 pm
      interesting how SKY focus on his age 30 in feb yet Kane is just turning 30 and at hi speak what a joke of a channel. We have gone from Bellingham, Caecido, Lavia and now this lad. Is this the rebuild we were expecting to get us back challenging?.
      Desperate for a body in that position so hope he comes in and does a job he will get supported 100% I am sure of that. If however he has a slow start these pundits will be all over the club like a nasty rash.

F**k sky!
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,264 posts | 1118 
      Reply #203: Aug 17, 2023 01:29:41 pm
      I think this all but says we're ALSO bringing in a young guy. I think Klopp knows this team needs bodies and experience, and from most of what I've read, we got much needed squad player at a great rate in this market. Let's hold off on the melt downs until September 1, eh?

This dude might just surprise you
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,934 posts | 829 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #204: Aug 17, 2023 01:47:35 pm
      I am here for it.

Let's go ENDO!
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,632 posts | 765 
      Reply #205: Aug 17, 2023 02:29:53 pm
      interesting how SKY focus on his age 30 in feb yet Kane is just turning 30 and at hi speak what a joke of a channel.

The media creates whatever narrative they want.

I saw a youtuber screaming that he's a 'old man'. ;D its crazy 30 is considered an old man nowadays (only when it comes to liverpool).

Same way, when we draw at home against anyone it's the end of the world but Chelsea draw 1-1 with us at home, its a good point for them and literally celebrated. Very odd.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3064 
      Reply #206: Aug 17, 2023 02:34:28 pm
      Good signing. Balance and ballast fir squad. That he can do bits at CB too is a bonus.

Quick Reply