Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 9th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P11 W6 D4 L1

Wataru Endo Player Thread (M)

Read 29413 times
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 863 
      Re: Wataru Endo Player Thread (M)
      Reply #207: Dec 03, 2023 07:30:19 pm
      Have to give this lad some credit. People laughed him out of the park when the transfer was done yet he's very consistent with the energy and spirit he puts in each of his performances and on days like today he was instrumental in us getting anything out of this game. Sure he's maybe not prime Fabinho or some sort of midfield mastermind, but he certainly brings energy and relentlessness to a midfield that is far from being consistent.

I'd like to see him start next game and MacAllister being pushed to LCM.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,620 posts | 2159 
      Reply #208: Dec 03, 2023 09:53:02 pm
      Have to give this lad some credit. People laughed him out of the park when the transfer was done yet he's very consistent with the energy and spirit he puts in each of his performances and on days like today he was instrumental in us getting anything out of this game. Sure he's maybe not prime Fabinho or some sort of midfield mastermind, but he certainly brings energy and relentlessness to a midfield that is far from being consistent.

I'd like to see him start next game and MacAllister being pushed to LCM.

I agree mate, he hasn’t let anyone down when he has played and it feels like he 8s getting better with each game he plays in the EPL. The goal today will have done him no harm at all, loved the fact he didn’t celebrate just turned and ran for the centre circle. Play him and enable Mac to take the hand break off a bit.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 863 
      Reply #209: Dec 04, 2023 01:47:26 am
      I agree mate, he hasn’t let anyone down when he has played and it feels like he 8s getting better with each game he plays in the EPL. The goal today will have done him no harm at all, loved the fact he didn’t celebrate just turned and ran for the centre circle. Play him and enable Mac to take the hand break off a bit.
      I too love the fact he didn't celebrate. Big goal for him and the lad just decided it was time to show some spirit and belief that we could put another one at the back of the net before the game's end.

Just give the lad the starts, it can't be worse than what is currently happening to our midfield defensively speaking which is that it is totally and very easily bypassed by teams en route to an easy incursion into our final third. Like you said, it will let Macca pull the strings a bit more and breath. Also, considering how complacement Grav and Szobo looked today, I think a guy like Wataru in that midfield can't hurt. The lad wears a mouthpiece and watching his energy and how he flies around from one challenge to the other you understand right away why he wears it.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,714 posts | 3719 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #210: Dec 04, 2023 04:57:54 am
      I too love the fact he didn't celebrate. Big goal for him and the lad just decided it was time to show some spirit and belief that we could put another one at the back of the net before the game's end.

Just give the lad the starts, it can't be worse than what is currently happening to our midfield defensively speaking which is that it is totally and very easily bypassed by teams en route to an easy incursion into our final third. Like you said, it will let Macca pull the strings a bit more and breath. Also, considering how complacement Grav and Szobo looked today, I think a guy like Wataru in that midfield can't hurt. The lad wears a mouthpiece and watching his energy and how he flies around from one challenge to the other you understand right away why he wears it.

Apart from the stunning shot, he puts his feet up for a tackle, he tackled so cleanly a counter at around the 90th minute that if Matip did it, he would have two broken feet.

I would start him at Sheffield because he can cover Trent, when Trent would be in the midfield and have a good pass in him.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1802 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #211: Dec 04, 2023 08:00:20 am
      The lad is slowly but surely settling in. Will see much more of him now, especially with so many games over this month
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,308 posts | 768 
      Reply #212: Dec 04, 2023 10:06:51 am
      The lad is slowly but surely settling in. Will see much more of him now, especially with so many games over this month

Well in Endo super strike, for your first goal for the club.

clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,714 posts | 3719 
      Reply #213: Dec 04, 2023 10:41:05 am

Not the first! First league goal, yes but not his first. What a strike.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1802 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #214: Dec 04, 2023 11:40:59 am

Twas a peach
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,368 posts | 6400 
      Reply #215: Dec 04, 2023 03:52:15 pm
      He can be hit or miss from me but how important was that goal and that finish. I want him to flourish here as much as anyone. Maybe this gives him the confidence to keep pushing and getting better.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,037 posts | 537 
      Reply #216: Dec 06, 2023 09:42:21 pm
      Very good today.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,079 posts | 2112 
      Reply #217: Dec 06, 2023 09:53:49 pm

Thought he was excellent as well. Wasn't afraid to put himself in those tight little spaces amongst the Sheffield United players. Was so neat and clean. I reckon him and Szobo can be a wise pairing in midfield in the long run.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,511 posts | 223 
      Reply #218: Dec 09, 2023 07:50:16 pm
      Really impressed with him in the last 2 games. It’s clear he is a dm by nature and has a bit about him going forward when needed but had the intelligence to be defensive first

Feels like we are more solid with him in the team

Should start every league for us in dm imo

We usually struggle away from home a lot but it’s clear he is key for us to win away from home
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,714 posts | 3719 
      Reply #219: Dec 09, 2023 08:16:21 pm
      Really impressed with him in the last 2 games. It’s clear he is a dm by nature and has a bit about him going forward when needed but had the intelligence to be defensive first

Feels like we are more solid with him in the team

Should start every league for us in dm imo

We usually struggle away from home a lot but it’s clear he is key for us to win away from home

Did we saw the same match?

He was too complacent on the ball and lost it so much.

He tackles so well. His play off the ball is better than with it.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,116 posts | 2742 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #220: Dec 09, 2023 08:47:43 pm

I saw same match as you. 😂
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,511 posts | 223 
      Reply #221: Dec 09, 2023 09:08:01 pm

He tackles so well. His play off the ball is better than with it.

He’s still coming to the terms with the tempo but he loses the ball less and does better off it. So we are better with him in

Problem is the way our own fans have a go in every match thread, it looks like we are on the relegation zone and losing always when it’s the other way around
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,130 posts | 455 
      Reply #222: Dec 09, 2023 09:18:05 pm
      He’s still coming to the terms with the tempo but he loses the ball less and does better off it. So we are better with him in

Problem is the way our own fans have a go in every match thread, it looks like we are on the relegation zone and losing always when it’s the other way around

In it just
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,714 posts | 3719 
      Reply #223: Dec 10, 2023 01:19:00 am

You don't know me well because I don't criticise the team. I was thinking critically about him that his tempo and thinking time on the ball needs to improve.

What I like about him is how he plays when he doesn't have the ball.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,368 posts | 6400 
      Reply #224: Dec 10, 2023 06:06:01 am
      Palace looked like they had a plan to attack Endo and it sure seemed to work. Needs to toughen up a bit on the ball.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,116 posts | 2742 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #225: Dec 10, 2023 08:24:34 am
      Palace looked like they had a plan to attack Endo and it sure seemed to work. Needs to toughen up a bit on the ball.

Excuses coming out now for a poor player   :f_doh: Does it every stop  ???
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,197 posts | 4406 
      Reply #226: Dec 10, 2023 10:15:47 am
      Doesn’t really have the skill set to compensate for his lack of dynamism.

He is slow on the turn or receiving the ball and hence is vulnerable to turn it over.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,511 posts | 223 
      Reply #227: Dec 10, 2023 12:39:16 pm
      You don't know me well because I don't criticise the team. I was thinking critically about him that his tempo and thinking time on the ball needs to improve.

What I like about him is how he plays when he doesn't have the ball.

So the first thing you did when a player who played well and helped us get to the top of the team is criticise him ?

Sounds about right then

The modern day fans are so disrespectful to players these days and think of everything through a lens that they just be 10 out of 10

Look at Salah, he also gets hammered yet probably is player of the season when biased and hatred is taken out of it

Endo had a good game, he was good the last two games, did he get caught on the ball? Yes but so don players like Rodri at times

He was much better defensive wise than other dm players we used there and lost the ball less often as well btw

I mainly stay away from match day threads bar the odd post because it’s full of negative crap but didn’t think people would bring it in here

Well guess what, fk you all, we will go all the way with out without your negative vibes
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,714 posts | 3719 
      Reply #228: Dec 10, 2023 01:07:40 pm
      So the first thing you did when a player who played well and helped us get to the top of the team is criticise him ?

Sounds about right then

The modern day fans are so disrespectful to players these days and think of everything through a lens that they just be 10 out of 10

Look at Salah, he also gets hammered yet probably is player of the season when biased and hatred is taken out of it

Endo had a good game, he was good the last two games, did he get caught on the ball? Yes but so don players like Rodri at times

He was much better defensive wise than other dm players we used there and lost the ball less often as well btw

I mainly stay away from match day threads bar the odd post because it’s full of negative crap but didn’t think people would bring it in here

Well guess what, fk you all, we will go all the way with out without your negative vibes

I gave him praise immediately where it was deserved. Check below, no need to debate with you on him, I know what I saw. Klopp did too, that is why he subbed him.

Apart from the stunning shot, he puts his feet up for a tackle, he tackled so cleanly a counter at around the 90th minute that if Matip did it, he would have two broken feet.

I would start him at Sheffield because he can cover Trent, when Trent would be in the midfield and have a good pass in him.

RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,926 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #229: Dec 10, 2023 03:57:42 pm
      Has blown a bit hot and cold recently, looked a bit out of depth in that last game but would want him to start consistently to help him really get to grips with the prem, think him in that 6 is a better option than Mac and Mac can do his best work further up the field.

Quick Reply