Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

Ryan Gravenberch Player Thread (M)

Read 13801 times
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,593 posts | 1503 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Re: Ryan Gravenberch Player Thread (M)
      Reply #184: Apr 27, 2024 04:09:37 pm
      I keep saying there is defo a player in there, he's just so light on his feet for quite a tall fella... I think with the new manager liekly being Slot, and him being Dutch, we might see him use Ryan a lot and we'll finally see some of his potential shine through next season.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,844 posts | 6785 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #185: Apr 28, 2024 10:41:26 pm
      Come good the last two when he's been given some game time.

On ya Ryan. Forget you are only 21 sometimes and you have come to a new country, new team, new surroundings.

Hope you start to really shine next season.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,717 posts | 3723 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #186: Apr 29, 2024 04:09:35 am
      Come good the last two when he's been given some game time.

On ya Ryan. Forget you are only 21 sometimes and you have come to a new country, new team, new surroundings.

Hope you start to really shine next season.

Under a coach from his nation, he will get better.

Even me, I liked what I saw in those matches. Hopefully he can build on those. He will improve if he put mind to it. Hopefully, less injuries so to get a good rhythm.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #187: Apr 29, 2024 09:47:19 am
      Felt he was the MOTM in that game against West Ham, a good blend of breaking their midfield line via a drop of a shoulder or a spin and keeping possession when needed.

Hope to see him a have run starting till the end of the season, see where we end up.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,216 posts | 841 
      Reply #188: Yesterday at 10:54:40 am
      Not good enough

cut our losses, maybe try to sell him for 10-15m and use the money to invest in a better player
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,035 posts | 200 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #189: Yesterday at 11:01:57 am
      Not good enough

cut our losses, maybe try to sell him for 10-15m and use the money to invest in a better player

Oh aye cut our losses after 1 season on a 21 year old....smashing idea, definitely gonna get a better player with that 10-15m.....who did you have in mind genius?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,400 posts | 6407 
      Reply #190: Yesterday at 12:03:43 pm
      So it’s starting is it? It’s time to start calling for the culling of the squad one by one as none of them are good enough, none of them could possibly get better and we need all new players to win anything? Might be time for me to take a little break from the forum if this is how it’s going to be….🤦🏻‍♂️
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,088 posts | 2116 
      Reply #191: Yesterday at 12:09:53 pm
      Not good enough

I agree. You can easily make judgement calls on players at this stage.

Gravenberch might turn out to be a decent squad player for us but I don't see an attitude nor ability there to take us back to the top. I don't even see an established set of skills, like Shaqiri, where he can offer something different that no one else is doing.

Add to that some absolute stinking displays off the bench and you see the player that Bayern were so happy to get rid of.

We've got to be ruthless and honest about our transfer calls the last couple of years and the bare facts are is that we've replaced world class players with average dreck who find the latter stages of the Europa League a struggle. Him, Diaz, Gakpo, Nunez have failed and in turn have failed us.

If I were to keep one of them, it'd be Nunez because I still believe there's something of use there as he so brilliantly displayed with his match winning display away to Newcastle. Gravenberch, Gakpo and Diaz could only dream of a performance like that.
      « Last Edit: Yesterday at 09:38:52 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,196 posts | 3477 
      Reply #192: Yesterday at 12:17:10 pm
      There is not going to be a mass exodus of players

Players like Gravenburch will be around next season with the new manager giving him and others a full pre season then the season

We will prob be bringing in a couple of players to replace the likes of Thiago and Matip

Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,662 posts | 490 
      Reply #193: Yesterday at 12:27:13 pm
      There is not going to be a mass exodus of players

Players like Gravenburch will be around next season with the new manager giving him and others a full pre season then the season

We will prob be bringing in a couple of players to replace the likes of Thiago and Matip
      I think Slot will give him another season due to him being Dutch too. I'd like to see his performances with a full pre season, and good defence behind him.
      « Last Edit: Yesterday at 02:20:39 pm by Gill95 »
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,035 posts | 200 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #194: Yesterday at 12:29:11 pm

If I were to keep one of them, it'd be Nunez because I still believe there's something of use there as he so brilliantly displayed with his match winning display away to Newcastle. Gravenberch, Gakpo and Diaz could only dream of a performance like that.

Well as long as Szobo, Jones, Trent, Jota and Mo carry on all their match winning/solo displays next season we should be fine then, eh?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,196 posts | 3477 
      Reply #195: Yesterday at 12:32:43 pm
      I think Slot will give him another season due to him Dutch too. I'd like to see his performances with a full pre season, and good defence behind him.

Right now everyone is on a huge negative train

At the beginning of the season we all knew it was going to be a building one , the team is going through transition- we were expected to fight for top 4 and then build

It seems early results through those expectations out the window and replaced them with new ones

The reaction to the drop in form of the players is standard over the top hyperbole

We have gained 15 points on last season , jumped up 3 places all whilst losing a lot of key senior players

The team is still going through transition

When you read some posts you would think we were scrapping mid table with Man Utd
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,451 posts | 2846 
      Reply #196: Yesterday at 12:58:10 pm
      Deserves another crack with a full pre season under his belt.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,163 posts | 263 
      Reply #197: Yesterday at 02:50:17 pm
      imo it's harsh to pile the disappointed end season on young non-starter players such as grav.
      still remember the period of best performances and results this season that led to our hope of four trophies are when we play with many of these young not first xi andthe new signings.
      once the veterans such as trent and mo came back then the disaster of performance and result begin.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,400 posts | 6407 
      Reply #198: Yesterday at 03:07:33 pm
      I must be in the minority...I was skeptical when we bought this kid but after watching him play, I actually rate him pretty highly. I think he's a class player that is only going to get better.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,044 posts | 537 
      Reply #199: Yesterday at 04:01:00 pm
      I think he's been decent when he's played. Would like to see a bit more of him. Certainly not seen enough yet to write him off.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,597 posts | 1681 
      • YNWA
      Reply #200: Yesterday at 04:05:43 pm
      Has the physical attributes, and goals in him, maybe needs to impose himself more on games and up the tempo a little. Needs to work if wants to be a starter.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,216 posts | 841 
      Reply #201: Yesterday at 06:02:03 pm
      Oh aye cut our losses after 1 season on a 21 year old....smashing idea, definitely gonna get a better player with that 10-15m.....who did you have in mind genius?

Look it here smart pants. He isn’t good enough. There is a reason no one rated him at Bayern Munich. Class players don’t need time to adjust, just look at Coutinho when we first signed him.

There are plenty of players around, this “who is better player” bullshit argument is an excuse for Gravenberch’s short comings. Unless Arne Slot sees something in him then he will stay but other than that I prefer we get rid of him and call it a bad judgment call from Klopp for signing him in the first place.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,216 posts | 841 
      Reply #202: Yesterday at 06:04:22 pm
      Has the physical attributes, and goals in him, maybe needs to impose himself more on games and up the tempo a little. Needs to work if wants to be a starter.

Problem is, he doesn’t have the physical attributes. Can’t stay fit for starters.

I hope I am wrong about him, but so far he has shown zero inspiration and lack of game time and starts also shows me that Klopp doesn’t rate him that highly anymore and prefers Endo ahead of him
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,482 posts | 3436 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #203: Yesterday at 06:45:39 pm
      Problem is, he doesn’t have the physical attributes. Can’t stay fit for starters.

I hope I am wrong about him, but so far he has shown zero inspiration and lack of game time and starts also shows me that Klopp doesn’t rate him that highly anymore and prefers Endo ahead of him

Two totally different types of players
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,035 posts | 200 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #204: Yesterday at 06:59:51 pm
      Look it here smart pants. He isn’t good enough. There is a reason no one rated him at Bayern Munich. Class players don’t need time to adjust, just look at Coutinho when we first signed him.

There are plenty of players around, this “who is better player” bullshit argument is an excuse for Gravenberch’s short comings. Unless Arne Slot sees something in him then he will stay but other than that I prefer we get rid of him and call it a bad judgment call from Klopp for signing him in the first place.

You’re a bit of a melt aren’t you?

“No one rated him at Bayern” who’s no one? Thomas Tuchel? The best man manager in European football? Oh great.

“Class players dont need time to adjust’, yeah ok mate. Just like KDB and Salah didn’t need time to adjust at Chelsea. sh*t players! Just like Vini, Rodrygo and Benzema didn’t need time to adjust at Madrid? sh*t players!!
      Millsy75
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts | 49 
      Reply #205: Yesterday at 07:03:25 pm
      He's just like divock origi, too laid back to become anything more than average
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,035 posts | 200 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #206: Yesterday at 07:04:56 pm
      He's just like divock origi, too laid back to become anything more than average

Nothing like Origi, but say he turned out to be….and popped up with all the big goals/contributions he did, would you complain?

Quick Reply