Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Spurs?

Alisson Becker
      45 (54.2%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (2.4%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      20 (24.1%)
      Joe Gomez
      4 (4.8%)
      Alexis Mac Allister
      0 (0%)
      Dominik Szoboszlai
      1 (1.2%)
      Curtis Jones
      2 (2.4%)
      Luis Diaz
      3 (3.6%)
      Cody Gakpo
      4 (4.8%)
      Mohammed Salah
      2 (2.4%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Ryan Gravenberch
      0 (0%)
      Wataru Endo
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Voting closed: Oct 04, 2023 07:37:58 pm

Tottenham Hotspur 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 22594 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,123 posts | 2134 
      Re: Tottenham Hotspur 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #851: Oct 01, 2023 11:52:37 am
      Need to mic the officials and broadcast the discussion, be less worried about slowing the game down and focus on making the correct decision instead.

Bob the footage on a big tv for the stadium to see instead of it appearing to be so secretive.

There was talk of automated offside, where’s that gone?

As simple as this really. It's what rugby has over everything - the transparency in decision making.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,477 posts | 823 
      Reply #852: Oct 01, 2023 11:53:46 am
      The VAR was incompetent. Everyone is focusing on the offside decision but VAR also showed the ref the most biased and incriminating still photo they could find for Jones red card.

The ref was also terrible, the decision to give Jota his first yellow card was especially awful but there were multiple other bad decisions.

But I think we should also highlight Spurs. Everyone is talking about how good they are, how they are brave to play an attacking game since Ange became manager.
      I thought that they were a bunch of cheating, diving cowards. They were only able to create a few decent chances in the game and needed an own goal to beat 9 men. We could have beaten them with 10 men.

We got some terrible decisions at Spurs a few years ago and it's happened again.
      The decision to put the freeze frame up (of the end of the incident) was akin to showing a body on the floor with a guy standing over him with a gun in their hand. Once the referee had seen that first image his brain processes what must have caused that to happen. This imaginary narrative is strong...so strong that even playing the reality of how that came about can't shift it. I understand WHY the idiot in VAR did it, because that was the bit that prompted his call to the monitor. Had the referee watched the incident from the beginning, he might well have made a different call....The still frame, on it's own looked like a leg breaker.
      « Last Edit: Oct 01, 2023 12:01:16 pm by Longy-Shops »
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,552 posts | 1546 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #853: Oct 01, 2023 11:57:18 am
      People need to stop saying it's corruption because in doing so, they are clouding the real issue, which is poor officiating. It's that which is the real problem here. But then, when you get to this level of incompetency, and when the result is the same, what's the difference? Might as well not be any.

Honestly, I feel like giving up on football, and if it wasn't for Liverpool FC, I very probably would. Because what's the point? When you have 9 players putting in a shift that must have felt like playing two games of football, and when you actually DESERVE to win a game with 9 players - but end up with absolutely nothing, and then if you, as a player or manager, cannot voice your concerns over terrible decisions unless getting hit with a £10,000 fine, oh, and also banned for a few games, it gets to the point, where you think, you know what, I'm done.

Ludicrous amounts of money, sports washing, corruption (which is proven at the higher echelons of power; Platini, Blatter, etc.), not to mention agents (please go away), and the sometimes unbelievable levels of incompetency with some officials, have turned our "beautiful game" into their "ugly enterprise".

Enough is enough for me. Either FIFA or UEFA gets their act together and sort this mess out (I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you), or they risk alienating the real football fans (of which there are millions if not billions), and end up catering only to the rich few, who can actually afford ridiculous seat prices at a stadium. Good luck with your ninety-nine "customers" watching your football match and the atmosphere that generates.

I feel so sorry for Klopp and the players. Time's up. This has to be addressed.

EDIT: Oh, and showing the referee the still of Jones' studs on an opponent's ankle, wherein said referee sees the leg bowed slightly by the pressure, and what with 'first impressions' lasting, I don't even know where to begin with that.
      « Last Edit: Oct 01, 2023 12:08:04 pm by Rush »
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,477 posts | 823 
      Reply #854: Oct 01, 2023 12:00:45 pm
      As simple as this really. It's what rugby has over everything - the transparency in decision making.
      I think one of the reasons the authorities are against it is due to the vast amount of swearing by players...there was an incident yesterday where Robbo (rightfully) gave the ref a mouthful...had that been picked up on a mic, I'm guessing according to new rules there would be a call to send him off.
      ....there's loads of backchat in football.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,723 posts | 7164 
      Reply #855: Oct 01, 2023 12:03:20 pm
      you can have corruption and poor officiating they are not necessarily opposites in fact poor officiating makes corruption easier.
      How would betting companies fair if someone sued them for having Diaz score and the FA admitting they got it wrong all sorts of legal woes could fall upon the FA. What if someone needed that Diaz goal to complete some long awaited accumulator ( I dont gamble so no idea what these are called) but you would be miffed if you had lost a huge amount of money because of incompetence it can only be a matter of time now
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,417 posts | 1436 
      Reply #856: Oct 01, 2023 12:06:49 pm
      Before the Ref and VAR screwed us over we were looking good. Jones had a good chance. They looked limited and we were taking control.One of our better starts this season.

Even down to 10 we should've been 2-1 up. Difficult to judge player by player but I though Mo was looking a bit tentative. Doesn't seem to be his impish self sometimes. You could almost guarantee he would go sh*t or bust as he attacks them but just seems to lay it off more than he did last season.

Cody did well. Macallister not so much.Ali was my MOTM. 3 points lost due to the officials can't do their job.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #857: Oct 01, 2023 12:15:10 pm
      Need to mic the officials and broadcast the discussion, be less worried about slowing the game down and focus on making the correct decision instead.

Bob the footage on a big tv for the stadium to see instead of it appearing to be so secretive.

There was talk of automated offside, where’s that gone?

Not a fan of replays on big screens as it creates a scenario where officials can be influenced.

But totally agree on getting them on mic so we can hear the thought process. As FMS Rugby Union has that and way ahead of football, same as NFL. Won't get every decision right but at least we hear what the thoughts are.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,477 posts | 823 
      Reply #858: Oct 01, 2023 12:16:55 pm
      you can have corruption and poor officiating they are not necessarily opposites in fact poor officiating makes corruption easier.
      How would betting companies fair if someone sued them for having Diaz score and the FA admitting they got it wrong all sorts of legal woes could fall upon the FA. What if someone needed that Diaz goal to complete some long awaited accumulator ( I dont gamble so no idea what these are called) but you would be miffed if you had lost a huge amount of money because of incompetence it can only be a matter of time now
      A betting company complies (Has to) with the official result...not how that result came about. Of course had you gambled on it, and it was confirmed you had been denied your win due to an avoidable error, then yes you would be well and truly *miffed.
      * Very miffed if it was a substantial amount of money.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,487 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #859: Oct 01, 2023 12:25:26 pm
      Not a fan of replays on big screens as it creates a scenario where officials can be influenced.

But totally agree on getting them on mic so we can hear the thought process. As FMS Rugby Union has that and way ahead of football, same as NFL. Won't get every decision right but at least we hear what the thoughts are.

Get what you mean on the screen stuff, suppose counter argument is that it doesn’t influence it in Rugby though.

The mic stuff would help a lot though as a first step and isn’t revolutionary by any means so could be introduced across the board overnight if they really wanted to. They’re already on a comms channel between themselves.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,477 posts | 823 
      Reply #860: Oct 01, 2023 12:35:14 pm
      People need to stop saying it's corruption because in doing so, they are clouding the real issue, which is poor officiating. It's that which is the real problem here. But then, when you get to this level of incompetency, and when the result is the same, what's the difference? Might as well not be any.

Honestly, I feel like giving up on football, and if it wasn't for Liverpool FC, I very probably would. Because what's the point? When you have 9 players putting in a shift that must have felt like playing two games of football, and when you actually DESERVE to win a game with 9 players - but end up with absolutely nothing, and then if you, as a player or manager, cannot voice your concerns over terrible decisions unless getting hit with a £10,000 fine, oh, and also banned for a few games, it gets to the point, where you think, you know what, I'm done.

Ludicrous amounts of money, sports washing, corruption (which is proven at the higher echelons of power; Platini, Blatter, etc.), not to mention agents (please go away), and the sometimes unbelievable levels of incompetency with some officials, have turned our "beautiful game" into their "ugly enterprise".

Enough is enough for me. Either FIFA or UEFA gets their act together and sort this mess out (I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you), or they risk alienating the real football fans (of which there are millions if not billions), and end up catering only to the rich few, who can actually afford ridiculous seat prices at a stadium. Good luck with your ninety-nine "customers" watching your football match and the atmosphere that generates.

I feel so sorry for Klopp and the players. Time's up. This has to be addressed.

EDIT: Oh, and showing the referee the still of Jones' studs on an opponent's ankle, wherein said referee sees the leg bowed slightly by the pressure, and what with 'first impressions' lasting, I don't even know where to begin with that.
      You articulate your frustrations perfectly. VAR has been the single biggest existential shift in the game, ever, and has over complicated it and stripped all the joy out of it. Without getting overly philosophical....Life's not fair
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,280 posts | 803 
      Reply #861: Oct 01, 2023 12:37:32 pm
      Happens far too often and what's their punishment? Take a week off or go officiate in the EFL.

Most likely on full pay too.

The financial implications to the club's could be massive so should be the same for them incompetent cu*ts.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,723 posts | 7164 
      Reply #862: Oct 01, 2023 12:45:27 pm
      Don't think M'learned friends will be getting involved. But the FA have to release the transcript of what VAR England actually said to Hooper and for England to give a genuine reason for not quickly correcting the decision.

if someone loses a big money bet because of an incorrect decision they admit they got wrong then as they advert says "where there is blame there is a claim". The FA also will let this play out and they know other events will shadow it by next weekend and it will all be forgotten.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #863: Oct 01, 2023 12:57:43 pm
      Sometimes an apology just don’t cut it this is deffo one of them times , they saw no wrong in what they done yesterday , which makes them not fit for the job , which should mean sacked simple as , because. We’re not talking a minor issue here ,
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,477 posts | 823 
      Reply #864: Oct 01, 2023 01:01:07 pm
      if someone loses a big money bet because of an incorrect decision they admit they got wrong then as they advert says "where there is blame there is a claim". The FA also will let this play out and they know other events will shadow it by next weekend and it will all be forgotten.
      A simple defence would be: the disallowed goal, although very important....couldn't be proven to be the "Only" factor that decided the result. ie. even If the goal had counted, there was still a chance Liverpool could lose.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,133 posts | 456 
      Reply #865: Oct 01, 2023 01:05:47 pm
      That first legitimate goal stands we probably still win that game.  No they can shove their apologies where sun doesn't shine. They adulterated the outcome of a game with a whole string of wrong decisions.   If possible there is only one out come which is a rematch.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,985 posts | 5043 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #866: Oct 01, 2023 01:06:12 pm
      😂 Officially it should be no but the good guy ( some tell me 😂  ) yes I will  Billy. It’s not the way I would like to win our bet.

Official, if Arsenal’ pip you lot by 1 point our bet void. 👍

Fairy Muff mate, I thought you would, and just for the record I would too if it were the other way round, great to knowing there is honour and integrity amidst our rivalry, ya Cnut 😁
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,292 posts | 2766 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #867: Oct 01, 2023 01:16:18 pm

Fairy Muff mate, I thought you would, and just for the record I would too if it were the other way round, great to knowing there is honour and integrity amidst our rivalry, ya Cnut 😁

I must be mellowing 😂 As a ex bookie I should take your money and tell you rules are rules.  :lmao:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #868: Oct 01, 2023 01:24:05 pm
      Apologies don't being goals back.

Beggars belief that no one in that VAR studio could communicate it wasn't offside.

Shearer got is spot on, there was time for the Assistant VAR official to help correct the decision before the ball was kicked off.
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #869: Oct 01, 2023 01:41:42 pm
      My question is why so quick why no lines ,it would have confirmed that it was a goal the reason those things were not applied is the real story behind all this.

Another thing on the  Curtis sending off , as the referee walks up to the screen its freezed at when  Curtis`s  foot has rolled over the ball into the guys ankle /shin, thats the referees first vision of the incident it then carries on in slow motion not at the first instant when Curtis wins the ball, it goes over and over the hit a few times  it then eventually goes to first contact   surely the ref needs to make the judgement from the start of the tackle the initial winning of the ball where it see`s Curtis win the tackle
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,626 posts | 1517 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #870: Oct 01, 2023 01:46:02 pm
      The fact Neville was even saying it was a bit fishy how fast they announced ‘check complete’ says all you need to know, he hears them in that room every weekend and knows what’s normal and not by now, and for ex scum to be so animated in his disbelief and the weirdness of it, decisions against a rival, is all you need to know… whoever was on that room and quickly said the checks were complete needs properly investigating, that’s not a mistake, that’s someone who didn’t want to check knowing it would be ruled a goal, either he’s been paid or he’s gambling on games… one of the two. 
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,433 posts | 6423 
      Reply #871: Oct 01, 2023 01:50:51 pm
      Didn’t a spurs player stomp on Diaz in a prior game, the still looks exactly like Curtis yesterday…..did he get sent off?

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,433 posts | 6423 
      Reply #872: Oct 01, 2023 01:55:17 pm

After 7 games….

Yea no agenda.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,289 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press