Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

Is English officiating corrupt?

Read 65629 times
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,616 posts | 1109 
      Re: Is English officiating corrupt?
      Reply #943: Feb 22, 2024 10:09:49 pm
      Funny how we don’t get Rob Jones yet the Mancs teams get all the Manc baseball refs

Imagine if we got a handball decision go for us like the rodri one and its Rob Jones making that decision ... and we win the title ... we'd never hear the last of it. As it was a manc ref in the middle and a manc ref on var .... not giving a pen against Manchester City that would directly be good for Liverpool ... nobody says anything
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,167 posts | 2747 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #944: Feb 23, 2024 12:34:11 pm
      Do you know what!! I’m beginning to think some of you lot right and it’s not paranoia about corrupt officials. I’m hearing on good authority that the draw made for the Europa Cup was made by a Liverpool support. Yet another easy draw, you’re right, the games bent.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,966 posts | 5022 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #945: Feb 23, 2024 12:51:41 pm
      Do you know what!! I’m beginning to think some of you lot right and it’s not paranoia about corrupt officials. I’m hearing on good authority that the draw made for the Europa Cup was made by a Liverpool support. Yet another easy draw, you’re right, the games bent.

🤣🤣🤣🤣 F**k off, it wouldn’t have mattered who we drew out there all easy for us 🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕, oh and yes I’m wearing my Red f***in tints, extra red for you ye Manc Kunt 😜🤣🤣🤣🤣
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,197 posts | 3477 
      Reply #946: Feb 23, 2024 01:01:25 pm

Who did Utd get ?
      Harrisimo

• 8,363 posts | 1414 
      Reply #947: Feb 23, 2024 01:15:39 pm

Jim lad told Ten Bob.."Top 4 next season or you get your cards"...what a way to treat a manager...terrible....sh ud sack the git now..
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,167 posts | 2747 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #948: Feb 23, 2024 01:17:52 pm

The official left us in the hat, it’s all corrupt.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #949: Feb 23, 2024 02:04:57 pm

Now you know how English football felt through the 90s
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,400 posts | 6408 
      Reply #950: Feb 23, 2024 02:44:57 pm
      So we are all biased for our club as Liverpool supporters....but a referee can't be biased towards his club (or against a rival club) while he's "officiating"? So they are somehow able to put away their bias and preconceptions and referee exactly down the middle (even when the data doesn't always bear that out) every game?

Ok.

Look, I don't know if certain referees have it "in for us"...it can somehow seem like it, but I do know that even the smallest bias can creep into a person's psyche and affect their decision making sometimes without them even realizing it.

Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,408 posts | 797 
      Reply #951: Feb 23, 2024 02:54:15 pm
      So we are all biased for our club as Liverpool supporters....but a referee can't be biased towards his club (or against a rival club) while he's "officiating"? So they are somehow able to put away their bias and preconceptions and referee exactly down the middle (even when the data doesn't always bear that out) every game?

Ok.

Look, I don't know if certain referees have it "in for us"...it can somehow seem like it, but I do know that even the smallest bias can creep into a person's psyche and affect their decision making sometimes without them even realizing it.
      Addressing your second point: We all all subject to bias, and the bias you identify is unconscious bias. Being unconscious meaning the thought has developed without having been processed by reason and therefore you wouldn't be aware of it. Which if you are unaware of it, means you can't challenge or moderate it....In fact you can't even know you've subjected yourself to it. All of us do it all the time....obviously without knowing.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,167 posts | 2747 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #952: Feb 23, 2024 03:03:12 pm
      Now you know how English football felt through the 90s

Don’t forget the 70s then.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #953: Feb 25, 2024 11:48:25 am

What us leaving you lot in the dust, don't remember Shankly or Paisley threatening refs or running to the refs room crying like Ferguson did, let's not forget it's him who ran to the ref's room screaming Suarez had called Evra a "Nigger" when Suarez never even said that.

So remember whose manager was an absolute crying tw*t!!
      Don77

• 6,616 posts | 1109 
      Reply #954: Feb 25, 2024 04:00:34 pm
      100% corrupt. Corrupt with Manchester referees and a Manchester loving fergie loving c*nt leading them.

And var just opens the door for more corruption. Ignored the 'tackle' on Grav. Disgrace.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,012 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #955: Feb 25, 2024 04:28:11 pm
      Yes, yes it is.
      DanMann

• 5,788 posts | 892 
      Reply #956: Feb 25, 2024 04:30:39 pm
      Corrupt as..
      Philc1207
      • Forum Patrik Berger

• 197 posts | 21 
      Reply #957: Feb 25, 2024 06:01:37 pm
      Yes they did everything to s at op us today
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 781 posts | 131 
      Reply #958: Feb 25, 2024 06:03:03 pm
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,046 posts | 537 
      Reply #959: Feb 25, 2024 06:50:53 pm
      Hard to explain that decision today in any other way than bias at a minimum if not Chelsea's money going to more than just players and agents. I don't remember ever seeing a goal disallowed for that before.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,357 posts | 290 
      Reply #960: Feb 25, 2024 06:52:44 pm
      I'd forgot that Sterling one..but that Spurs game was sheer daylight robbery you can't get around VAR that day making sure we didn't win...I've got my own theories on why these type of decisions happen....just look where else our VAR officials work, what other competition but I'll leave it at that....
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,088 posts | 2116 
      Reply #961: Feb 25, 2024 07:37:10 pm
      Shocking display of refereeing from Chris Kavanagh. A man who has not made his name in anything yet somehow finds himself refereeing a cup final at Wembley. It beggars belief. As ever, they run down the tunnel evading any accountability or reasoning for their actions. And they wonder why they get such abuse. 

It's embarrassing that individuals like him, with utterly no discernible skill or sense are allowed near a football match let alone refereeing one.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,046 posts | 537 
      Reply #962: Feb 25, 2024 08:35:08 pm
      The absolute minimum that needs to happen is that officiating needs to be taken back in house. Preferably by the EPL rather than the FA. But this situation were you have PGMOL - a private company of a few mates - operating a closed shop and appointing each other to games (while hiring out their services to the highest bidders in other leagues) is completely farcical.

The clubs need to realise that  the standard of officiating is destroying fans faith in the integrity of the sport. They need to take it back in house, bring in a much larger pool of refs and randomise the selection process for who refs each game. The current setup has no accountability, conflicts of interest with PGMOL taking payments from foreign leagues who own clubs in our league, and absolutely diabolical refereeing standards from the same incompetent (at best) officials time after time.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,756 posts | 863 
      Reply #963: Feb 25, 2024 08:48:29 pm
      I just don't understand what is the point of VAR in this country. Why is there is almost never consistency and coherence with the decisions and when they decide to use the damn thing or not?

ItMs mind boggling. Gravenberch gets his ankle stamped with a challenge that is unquestionably late to a point where you have to ask yourself if its not actually intentional and nothing, not even a check or an invitation for the ref to go and have a look at it. How is the on field decision not a clear and obvious mistake? How is it not even enough to invite the referee to the monitor? In contrast to that, on the VVD goal, the referee is promptly invited to go take a look on the basis of what, Endo standing in front of one of the Chelsea players? Other than the fact that there was no interference with anything near the ball, how is that a clear and obvious mistake that warrants a review and Caicedo destroying Grav's ankle not? Its this discrepancy in what is considered enough to warrant the use of VAR v not enough to warrant it that kills me.

I'm at a point where I'm thinking scrapping the whole thing except for offside wouldn't be that bad of an idea, but then again, these incompetent guys managed to call offside one of our goals earlier this season despite their own check saying its onside and it resulted in us losing 3 points.

I mean, seriously, what gives? By far the most retarded use of VAR in all of Europe (if not the world).
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,046 posts | 537 
      Reply #964: Feb 25, 2024 08:52:54 pm
      I just don't understand what is the point of VAR in this country. Why is there is almost never consistency and coherence with the decisions and when they decide to use the damn thing or not?

ItMs mind boggling. Gravenberch gets his ankle stamped with a challenge that is unquestionably late to a point where you have to ask yourself if its no intentional and nothing, nothing even a check or an invitation for the ref to go and have a look at it. How is the on field decision not a clear and obvious mistake? How is it not even enough to invite the referee to the monitor? In contrast to that, on the VVD goal, the referee is promptly invited to go take a look on the basis of what, Endo standing in front of one of the Chelsea players? Other than the fact that there was no interference with anything near the ball, how is that a clear and obvious mistake that warrants a review and Caicedo destroying Grav's ankle not? Its this discrepancy in what is considered enough to warrant the use of VAR v not enough to warrant it that kills me.

I'm at a point where I'm thinking scrapping the whole thing except for offside wouldn't be that bad of an idea, but then again, these incompetent guys managed to call offside one of our goals earlier this season, costing us the game.

I mean, seriously, what gives? By far the most retarded use of VAR in all of Europe (if not the world).

After that Spurs game they needed to take serious action to restore credibility. What did they do? Stop showing themselves drawing the lines, so that we can't tell anymore if they are getting it wrong!

It needs to be taken off PGMOL, they are not remotely fit for purpose.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,756 posts | 863 
      Reply #965: Feb 25, 2024 09:10:55 pm
      After that Spurs game they needed to take serious action to restore credibility. What did they do? Stop showing themselves drawing the lines, so that we can't tell anymore if they are getting it wrong!

It needs to be taken off PGMOL, they are not remotely fit for purpose.
      I almost lost it at the angle they showed for the offside decision on the Chelsea dissalowed goal. Really, thats the best angle you've got to show for the people watching? You could've told me their player was onside and I would've never known the better because the angle was so sh*t. Billions and billions of dollars and thats the angle you have?

Its a joke at this point.

Quick Reply