Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Is English officiating corrupt?

Read 61083 times
      Ddecker, billythered, ToshackKeeganOneNil, Gill95 and 13 Guests are viewing this topic.
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 560 posts | 109 
      Re: Is English officiating corrupt?
      Reply #1173: Mar 07, 2024 01:42:40 pm
      Why would they look at the tackle now ?
      To keep dirty bas**rds like that off the pitch.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #1174: Mar 07, 2024 01:46:11 pm
      Why would they look at the tackle now ?

Games should all be reviewed after the fact if they are going to increase the standards of refereeing.

I can't think of one occupation where your work doesn't get reviewed post-mortem to ensure everything was up to snuff.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,045 posts | 3431 
      Reply #1175: Mar 07, 2024 02:25:48 pm
      To keep dirty bas**rds like that off the pitch.

It’s a high foot , didn’t contact thankfully

The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 840 posts | 164 
      Reply #1176: Mar 07, 2024 02:31:47 pm
      That tackle at Forrest is awful how come VAR can’t spot that unbelievable

The crazy thing is who is their right mind would go for a ball in a crowded area with your foot up that high, nevermind someone's who's sprinted about 10 yards to get there.

He was very lucky contact wasn't made otherwise he'd have had to gone, still 100% a foul.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,045 posts | 3431 
      Reply #1177: Mar 07, 2024 02:37:23 pm
      Games should all be reviewed after the fact if they are going to increase the standards of refereeing.

I can't think of one occupation where your work doesn't get reviewed post-mortem to ensure everything was up to snuff.

The refs are evaluated but they wouldn’t look at that specific tackle
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,943 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1178: Mar 07, 2024 02:53:57 pm
      Unintentional. So nothing given. It’s a natural way to challenge for the ball, perhaps with a little passion. Nothing is wrong. So get on with the game.

If it was us we would’ve gotten the red as it would be intentional, since we’re playing for the title.

Remember Martin Odegaard’s handball? Blatant handball but no penalty was given since it was unintentional and he was falling and the hand naturally had to contact with the ball. Unintentional. So expect no favours.

So on Sunday when Konate goes in to clear a ball off Haaland’s head in this same manner the ref will say, “Oh well done Ibou” what a wonderful tackle, you did extremely well to get your foot so high, yeah right, next you’ll want us to believe that City are as clean as a preachers sheets,

Give yer heid a wobble laddie, that’s as dangerous a challenge as anything I’ve seen yet F**k all said about it, but F**k me backwards with a cricket bat handle, Liverpool benefit from a error from a inept PGMOL puppet and it’s all over the f***in news like some horrific disaster !!!

YNWA
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #1179: Mar 07, 2024 03:15:11 pm
      So on Sunday when Konate goes in to clear a ball off Haaland’s head in this same manner the ref will say, “Oh well done Ibou” what a wonderful tackle, you did extremely well to get your foot so high, yeah right, next you’ll want us to believe that City are as clean as a preachers sheets,

Give yer heid a wobble laddie, that’s as dangerous a challenge as anything I’ve seen yet F**k all said about it, but F**k me backwards with a cricket bat handle, Liverpool benefit from a error from a inept PGMOL puppet and it’s all over the f***in news like some horrific disaster !!!

YNWA

Saw that Konate challenge and thought someone's sat on the remote and I missed Haaland being stretchered off and Konate being arrested for GBH!
      What a F**k up, the ref, the linesmen, the VAR monitors all allowed play to continue!!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,045 posts | 3431 
      Reply #1180: Mar 07, 2024 04:24:43 pm

YNWA

It’s a tackle that if it had caught Konate then VAR wokld have got involved - it’s a yellow card offence which is why they didn’t get involved
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #1181: Mar 07, 2024 07:18:21 pm
      The refs are evaluated but they wouldn’t look at that specific tackle

Then the refs aren't being evaluated.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,045 posts | 3431 
      Reply #1182: Mar 07, 2024 07:31:40 pm

How do you come to that conclusion
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8572 
      Reply #1183: Mar 07, 2024 07:32:25 pm

They are if the evaluator is an ex ref!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #1184: Mar 07, 2024 07:37:03 pm
      It appears now the European refs have it out for us as well.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,997 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1185: Mar 07, 2024 07:51:43 pm

Yet you just won 5-1 🤦‍♂️ The mind boggles sh*t 🥱💩
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #1186: Mar 07, 2024 08:19:03 pm
      Quote from Harrisimo
      VAR could be improved obviously but what will not change is the football is high drama and in the heat of the moment we might call out VAR refs and on field refs as 'cheating bas**rds'.

All this stuff about how VAR has improved accuracy etc is all well and good.I personally don't bother looking up the stats and even if it 100% accurate I'd still shout..'You cheating b***ard'..

Tierney is on V Forrest. Saw through Chelsea cheap tactics but I still don't trust him...eyes are bit sneaky looking..got a bit of funny running style as well....mmmm...bet he sends off VVD....

Ah, Tierney again I see. Let's look at how we've got on, with him at our games this season.

v Brentford (h) 3-0
      v Burnley (a) 2-0
      v Chelsea (h) 4-1
      v Forest (a) 1-0

Some manc cheat, out to get us, isn't he? W 4 GS 10, GA 1 PTS 12/12

You can use the "heat of the moment" crap to excuse anything. Racist chanting, tragedy chanting, assaults by management on a pitch, the works. It's still unacceptable. Grown adults are responsible for their actions, and language, at all times. When the hot air has cleared, the thread will still be here, and the post carry more weight.

Tierney didn't send VVD off at Forest, or anyone else, no matter how funny his running style is, or what his eyes look like. He added on all the time they wasted, which was enough for us to get the win. He'll never be the next Collina, and it's not his fault he is from where he is, but if a decision is proven to be 100% accurate, you can't argue that the ref is cheating. And if you looked up the stats to justify all the claims you (and others) make, there wouldn't be a need for a thread like this. There is still no corruption.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 840 posts | 164 
      Reply #1187: Mar 07, 2024 11:52:21 pm

Thought the ref did fine tonight, no? They got 2 yellows, we got none. Endo was lucky to escape 1 for the shirt pull early in the first half.

We got the pen call. The offside on Mo, replay looked tight, there's nothing to suggest it was the wrong decision.

Refs are always gonna get some 50/50s wrong on both sides, it's getting a bit silly to call them out the first decision that doesn't go your way unless you noticed some other big calls that went against us?

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #1188: Mar 08, 2024 01:34:04 am
      Thought the ref did fine tonight, no? They got 2 yellows, we got none. Endo was lucky to escape 1 for the shirt pull early in the first half.

We got the pen call. The offside on Mo, replay looked tight, there's nothing to suggest it was the wrong decision.

Refs are always gonna get some 50/50s wrong on both sides, it's getting a bit silly to call them out the first decision that doesn't go your way unless you noticed some other big calls that went against us?

Is it that hard for people to understand sarcasm? Guess so.

You used to be able to have some fun on this forum.  :D (smiley just in case anyone gets the wrong idea)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,997 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1189: Mar 08, 2024 08:13:00 am

Fcuk! am I reading this right?  😂👏👏👏
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 840 posts | 164 
      Reply #1190: Mar 08, 2024 08:34:31 am
      Is it that hard for people to understand sarcasm? Guess so.

You used to be able to have some fun on this forum.  :D (smiley just in case anyone gets the wrong idea)

Ah, forgive me. Still haven’t got round to knowing certain posters well enough on here.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,288 posts | 1401 
      Reply #1191: Mar 08, 2024 05:52:19 pm
      Oliver is on the whistle, not twisted in any way, Gave Pep the hump at Anfield a few years ago. Top ref IMV...like his air of authority as well. May be it's time we started to appreciate the very real pressure these lads are under..and their not getting millions remember.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #1192: Mar 08, 2024 06:18:37 pm
      Oliver is on the whistle, not twisted in any way, Gave Pep the hump at Anfield a few years ago. Top ref IMV...like his air of authority as well. May be it's time we started to appreciate the very real pressure these lads are under..and their not getting millions remember.

Actually some of them are taking home some nice cabbage from their middle eastern gigs.
      Harrisimo

• 8,288 posts | 1401 
      Reply #1193: Mar 08, 2024 07:25:24 pm
      Ah, Tierney again I see. Let's look at how we've got on, with him at our games this season.

v Brentford (h) 3-0
      v Burnley (a) 2-0
      v Chelsea (h) 4-1
      v Forest (a) 1-0

Some manc cheat, out to get us, isn't he? W 4 GS 10, GA 1 PTS 12/12

You can use the "heat of the moment" crap to excuse anything. Racist chanting, tragedy chanting, assaults by management on a pitch, the works. It's still unacceptable. Grown adults are responsible for their actions, and language, at all times. When the hot air has cleared, the thread will still be here, and the post carry more weight.

Tierney didn't send VVD off at Forest, or anyone else, no matter how funny his running style is, or what his eyes look like. He added on all the time they wasted, which was enough for us to get the win. He'll never be the next Collina, and it's not his fault he is from where he is, but if a decision is proven to be 100% accurate, you can't argue that the ref is cheating. And if you looked up the stats to justify all the claims you (and others) make, there wouldn't be a need for a thread like this. There is still no corruption.

I clearly was NOT referring to anything malicious and there are numerous thousands if not millions of instances of players getting carried away in the 'heat of the moment'.'Racist and tragedy chanting' are not examples of 'heat of the moment'.

In the past fans have nearly always seen the Ref as the 'panto villain'. They come under the microscope much more these days, partly due to the internet, and as a result get much more abuse . The rest of my post was clearly tongue in cheek.

I still might go off on one against Oliver the ref....but believe it or not, it's not malicious. And I think Refs believe the vast majority mean them no harm.
      « Last Edit: Mar 08, 2024 08:34:45 pm by Harrisimo »
      DanMann

• 5,761 posts | 884 
      Reply #1194: Mar 10, 2024 05:49:34 pm
      It's so blatant that no one cares anymore
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,543 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #1195: Mar 10, 2024 05:51:17 pm
      cu*ts.

Hope they all get a bad case of chlamydia.

Quick Reply