Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Is English officiating corrupt?

Read 67775 times
      Del Boca Vista and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,595 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Is English officiating corrupt?
      Reply #1311: Apr 01, 2024 11:37:32 am
      pr**k yesterday was booking cu*ts for tickling each other. Pure jokes man
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,204 posts | 2762 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1312: Apr 01, 2024 01:51:59 pm
      The lines are so thick so as we can see them in a wide shot, if they were thinner, they would be too hard to see, except in a close up, and the problem with a close up is we wouldn't be able to see both players in the frame. The blurriness you're talking about is down to pixel definition, I'm guessing the VAR operator is looking at a much higher definition than what we see (depending on what quality of TV you have). The pictures on here are basically copies of copies (not RAW files)...a bit like looking at photocopies of photocopies, the clarity will always diminish. The gap needed to establish offside is often so tight that even the current high definition cameras can't pick it up in the wide shot (hardly any TV football coverage is in close up). To fix this would mean the broadcasters would have to use high speed ultra high definition cameras, but these are extremely expensive and so on balance it's deemed unnecessary.

If the system in football means we can give players millions & millions in wages, not forgetting the revenue our league brings in then surely we can high speed ultra definition in Longy?  Paranoid fans ( just like myself at times 😂) will always question what are fuzzy pictures are very misleading. 🤷‍♂️
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,447 posts | 819 
      Reply #1313: Apr 01, 2024 02:09:06 pm
      If the system in football means we can give players millions & millions in wages, not forgetting the revenue our league brings in then surely we can high speed ultra definition in Longy?  Paranoid fans ( just like myself at times 😂) will always question what are fuzzy pictures are very misleading. 🤷‍♂️
      Relatively few football clubs pay their players "millions and millions" rank and file players (even in the Premier) will not make those figures.
      As for broadcast cameras, they can cost up to $100,000, with another $100,000 for the lens. The TV company has to balance the cost of the kit relative to the degree that degree of definition will be needed. The broadcasters would see it as using a sledgehammer to crack a nut....or using a Ferrari as an uber....even the insurance of moving them around the country and hoisting them onto gantry's would make them prohibitive.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,204 posts | 2762 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1314: Apr 01, 2024 02:16:08 pm
      Relatively few football clubs pay their players "millions and millions" rank and file players (even in the Premier) will not make those figures.
      As for broadcast cameras, they can cost up to $100,000, with another $100,000 for the lens. The TV company has to balance the cost of the kit relative to the degree that degree of definition will be needed. The broadcasters would see it as using a sledgehammer to crack a nut....or using a Ferrari as an uber....even the insurance of moving them around the country and hoisting them onto gantry's would make them prohibitive.

Yet when we look at the goal technology for ball crossing the line it’s perfect, no if or buts, no blurs, no squiggly lines. 🤷‍♂️
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,447 posts | 819 
      Reply #1315: Apr 01, 2024 02:58:34 pm
      You make a good point. I presume the Goal line tech isn't an optical camera, as what we are shown is a graphic version of a ball with a graphic version of the line, it's not a photograph or frame of film...I think it's the same in tennis. Of course the "camera" or device which is monitoring the line is fixed and doesn't have to follow action, plus the area covered is relatively small....I'd guess it's continuously scanning the goal line as opposed to say the camera's at the end of the Olympic 100 metres...*which is a fixed optical camera.*
      * Actually I think I remember reading the camera at the end of a track and field race is on a dolly approximate to the speed of the runners, this is why the athletes appear frozen and sharp but the background is a load of fuzzy lines
      « Last Edit: Apr 01, 2024 03:03:59 pm by Longy-Shops »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,414 posts | 8646 
      Reply #1316: Apr 01, 2024 04:33:22 pm
      No - there were a number of balls behind the goal and they had to be moved ( due to the goal line technology)

I heard the reason given last night, doesn't change the fact the ref was an utter joke yesterday.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,414 posts | 8646 
      Reply #1317: Apr 01, 2024 04:37:19 pm
      That is a new rule but that wasn’t what was happening with Coote today and the balls behind the goal

The balls have to be on the cones and the ball boys are supposed to ensure they are

That's a pile of pedantic bullshit from the Premier League. Won't be happy until the product is something like the NBA but with American football style breaks. They're strangling any life out of the game.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,212 posts | 3483 
      Reply #1318: Apr 01, 2024 05:08:48 pm
      I heard the reason given last night, doesn't change the fact the ref was an utter joke yesterday.

No doubt he is the worst ref I have seen - and by a mile
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,212 posts | 3483 
      Reply #1319: Apr 01, 2024 05:10:18 pm
      That's a pile of pedantic bullshit from the Premier League. Won't be happy until the product is something like the NBA but with American football style breaks. They're strangling any life out of the game.

I believe the cones are placed so the ball boys are aware that a ball can’t be passed them to not affect the goal line stuff
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,414 posts | 8646 
      Reply #1320: Apr 01, 2024 05:14:12 pm
      I believe the cones are placed so the ball boys are aware that a ball can’t be passed them to not affect the goal line stuff

Christ, hope Uefa don't go the same way or we'll never see genius like Trent V Barca ever again.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,212 posts | 3483 
      Reply #1321: Apr 01, 2024 05:30:58 pm
      Christ, hope Uefa don't go the same way or we'll never see genius like Trent V Barca ever again.

Ah that’s a different rule which is the ball boys getting the balls to players etc - think that’s all also changed for uefa
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,556 posts | 246 
      Reply #1322: Apr 02, 2024 09:32:35 pm
      So I've just watched Neverton get a dodgy peno, why and how does the VAR send the ref to review that but the chest high challenge by Doku on Mac doesn't
      F***ing inconsistencies are beyond belief
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,635 posts | 1124 
      Reply #1323: Apr 02, 2024 09:37:58 pm
      So I've just watched Neverton get a dodgy peno, why and how does the VAR send the ref to review that but the chest high challenge by Doku on Mac doesn't

Quite simple. The var did not want it to be a penalty ... so he hashed up a 'theyre both in high' 'a coming together' excuse so he didnt have to send the ref to the screen.

Should have been given on the field anyway. Plain as day. But var is a further ave to corruption. It gives want it wants and doesnt give what it doesnt want and makes up bs to justify it. They answer to nobody and nobody wants to admit the truth about their beautiful game.
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,556 posts | 246 
      Reply #1324: Apr 02, 2024 09:44:18 pm
      Quite simple. The var did not want it to be a penalty ... so he hashed up a 'theyre both in high' 'a coming together' excuse so he didnt have to send the ref to the screen.

Should have been given on the field anyway. Plain as day. But var is a further ave to corruption. It gives want it wants and doesnt give what it doesnt want and makes up bs to justify it. They answer to nobody and nobody wants to admit the truth about their beautiful game.

How about every peno is automatically reviewed by the ref on the screen in the stadium and he talks us through the reason why problem solved, never gonna happen but would be nice to have a bit of transparency
      Harrisimo

• 8,389 posts | 1422 
      Reply #1325: Apr 02, 2024 10:06:56 pm

The sending the Ref to the monitor is absolutely ridiculous. Turns the decision into a 3 act drama. The clear and obvious error is ludicrous as well. The Ref has one angle and sees it in real time obviously. The whole point of VAR is they have several angles, can check it 3/4 times, in slow mo if needed.

All the major decisions are looked at by VAR and it is VAR who should decide. Having direct contact with the Ref is daft as well. His comments influence VAR. The Doku high boot was an example of the Ref more or less deciding and VAR agreeing without a proper review. The initial  communication between Ref and VAR should be one clear instruction. "VAR reviewing it..await decision"...then if they change the decision, they then inform the Ref.

None of this running to the screen and as in the Jones Red Card only seeing the slow mo. VAR should have 2 options after informing Ref they are reviewing the decision...."stay with on field decision"..or.."VAR overturns on field decision".
      Harrisimo

• 8,389 posts | 1422 
      Reply #1326: Apr 02, 2024 10:13:43 pm
      Just a quick follow up. If they're going to use the friggin' monitor...why do they need VAR. Give each team 3 reviews...Ref goes to monitor and gives the decision.

Just saved the Premier league about a million quid..
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,092 posts | 214 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #1327: Apr 03, 2024 11:36:56 am

Nothing dodgy about it tbh, both were stonewall pens. Dunno who was on VAR last night but the ref wasn't familiar to me.

If anything I was surprised it was given it was for/against.

I'd imagine the difference being (in the officials eyes) was that Dummett made no attempt to play the ball and was only intent on bringing his man down.
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1124 
      Reply #1328: Apr 03, 2024 09:43:53 pm
      Just a quick follow up. If they're going to use the friggin' monitor...why do they need VAR. Give each team 3 reviews...Ref goes to monitor and gives the decision.

Just saved the Premier league about a million quid..

Great idea. But that closes an ave for corruption. Var is corruption in plain sight. If its as blatant as arsenal pen or city pen, and we send the ref to the monitor hes forced to give it despite ignoring it live and not wanting to give it. Hence, using a review to send it to the monitor removes the option for a corrupt var to hash out a lame excuse not to call the ref to the monitor. So the city one 'theyre both in high, its a coming together' bs wont be able to happen if there is a review system in place to send the ref to the monitor. It will never happen. Var is a backup option to make sure corruption wins the day. To ensure they get what they want. They are in control.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,882 posts | 704 
      Reply #1329: Apr 03, 2024 11:59:32 pm
      Quote from Longy-Shops

If you want to see justice done, it's 100k well spent. If you don't want to see justice done, you'll find any excuse to avoid paying it.

Anyway, the linesman spotted the offside on the pitch. That's what you want him to do I presume. From the VAR evidence provided, he made the correct decision, so fair enough.

We were winning at the time, and we won the game, so who cares anyway?
      RedWilly

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #1330: Apr 04, 2024 07:28:03 pm
      If you want to see justice done, it's 100k well spent. If you don't want to see justice done, you'll find any excuse to avoid paying it.

Anyway, the linesman spotted the offside on the pitch. That's what you want him to do I presume. From the VAR evidence provided, he made the correct decision, so fair enough.

We were winning at the time, and we won the game, so who cares anyway?

Sssshhhh
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,471 posts | 2859 
      Reply #1331: Apr 05, 2024 08:47:41 am
      How didn't they have another look at that scissor tackle on Konate? Pretty much a carbon copy of what Pickford did to Van Dijk.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,968 posts | 5027 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1332: Apr 05, 2024 10:17:47 am
      How didn't they have another look at that scissor tackle on Konate? Pretty much a carbon copy of what Pickford did to Van Dijk.

Absolutely, I’m not in the corruption camp, however the inconsistencies are becoming more coincidental, how many more contentious issues are we to be involved in ?

I’ve said this before and I’ll keep saying it, the PGMOL are a law unto themselves, they are F***ing this wonderful sport of ours up, so you’re the VAR operator, sat next to you is a Referee, who is there to look after his mate on the pitch, are you telling me that he didn’t see that incident, are you telling me he thinks that didn’t warrant another look, I wonder what excuse Howard f***in Webb will come up for with this one !!!

YNWA
      Harrisimo

• 8,389 posts | 1422 
      Reply #1333: Apr 05, 2024 11:44:51 am

Red Card offence...both feet well off the ground and swung round Konate tipping him arse over tip..he was lucky to survive. Attwell just waved it away. VAR were asleep at the wheel. Whole thing is a complete joke.

Greater Manchester born Taylor is the Ref for the Man U games. Brooks and West on VAR 'duty'......say no more..nudge nudge..

Quick Reply