Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Is English officiating corrupt?

Read 65998 times
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,278 posts | 931 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Re: Is English officiating corrupt?
      Reply #1334: Apr 05, 2024 07:10:27 pm
      The ref late on in the second half played an advantage when a foul was committed just outside the box, the ball run to a Liverpool player who was tackled and no advantage was gained yes the reff played on shocking decision yet again bent as nine Bob notes
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,366 posts | 1414 
      Reply #1335: Apr 05, 2024 07:46:10 pm
      We will be very watchful of Taylor V United. I've had the trust beat out of me over the past 5/6 seasons. VAR has actually highlighted a lot of the injustices. Yes Refs give bad decisions week in week out.They only get one look and often that can be blocked but VAR can look at it again and from numerous angles...and they still won't give a blatantly obvious foul.

The game is tainted by them now. It just takes away the integrity of the results.I'm sure this has played a part in Klopp decision to get out early. Drains the energy from everybody.IMO.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,882 posts | 704 
      Reply #1336: Apr 05, 2024 08:13:15 pm
      Quote from Harrisimo
      The game is tainted by them now. It just takes away the integrity of the results.I'm sure this has played a part in Klopp decision to get out early. Drains the energy from everybody.IMO.

No it hasn't. JĆ¼rgen spent approximately 7 seasons at clubs before VAR was introduced. It's much the same, after it was introduced. 

He is drained, but that's because he's fully responsible for everything and everybody at this club for 11 months of the year. His decisions are scrutinised all the time, from all sides, he gets limited credit when they work out, and has to bear all the responsibility when they don't.

This is nothing to do with VAR, or refereeing in general. He's not the first manager of this club to be worn down by the demands and expectations of the job. He just needs a break as he's had enough of it all.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,179 posts | 2752 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1337: Apr 05, 2024 08:42:57 pm
      No it hasn't. JĆ¼rgen spent approximately 7 seasons at clubs before VAR was introduced. It's much the same, after it was introduced. 

No it hasnā€™t? So JĆ¼rgen told you personally then?
      Harrisimo

• 8,366 posts | 1414 
      Reply #1338: Apr 05, 2024 09:55:47 pm

He is drained, but that's because he's fully responsible for everything and everybody at this club for 11 months of the year. His decisions are scrutinised all the time, from all sides, he gets limited credit when they work out, and has to bear all the responsibility when they don't.

This is nothing to do with VAR, or refereeing in general. He's not the first manager of this club to be worn down by the demands and expectations of the job. He just needs a break as he's had enough of it all.

No disrespect but I said.."played a part"...that's my opinion, not yours obviously. The rest of your post is so obvious it's hardly worth posting a reply. " scrutinised"....Oh....didn't know that. Condescending to be honest.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,130 posts | 456 
      Reply #1339: Apr 06, 2024 06:24:16 am
      No it hasnā€™t? So JĆ¼rgen told you personally then?

check complete!

No disrespect but I said.."played a part"...that's my opinion, not yours obviously. The rest of your post is so obvious it's hardly worth posting a reply. " scrutinised"....Oh....didn't know that. Condescending to be honest.

check complete!

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,966 posts | 5022 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1340: Apr 06, 2024 07:32:03 am

Here we go again, the Lexical Leprechaun has spluttered, what f***in planet are you on Numb Nuts, are you that f***in thick ??

ā€œThis has nothing do with VARā€ I mean honest tae F**k, the whole topic weā€™re discussing here is about if English Officiating is corrupt or not,  a link to our disgruntlement of VAR, yet you come out with that ??

Youā€™re not doing yer Nation very proud mate if you believe in stereotypes about the Irish, to be sure to be sure, to use one of my favourite Sean Locke quotes,(Referring to Jedward) ā€œ Donā€™t the hit kidsā€ in Ireland !!

YNWA
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,179 posts | 2752 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1341: Apr 06, 2024 07:53:08 am
      😂😂😂
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #1342: Apr 06, 2024 09:31:58 am

Stopped at the limited credit what fckin planet or Ireland are you on he is fckin worshipped by our fans , more so for this season getting what he has out of these players despite var and the injury burden joker
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,121 posts | 3370 
      Reply #1343: Apr 06, 2024 11:51:43 am
      Stopped at the limited credit what fckin planet or Ireland are you on he is fckin worshipped by our fans , more so for this season getting what he has out of these players despite var and the injury burden joker

Might be limited credit in the wider football world mate. I know JĆ¼rgen doesnā€™t give a sh*t about that sort of thing but it might be whatā€™s being got at in this context.

We hear daily how Guardiola has reinvented football and how much the media fawn over managers but our JĆ¼rgen seems to get a fraction of that love.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #1344: Apr 06, 2024 12:08:28 pm
      Might be limited credit in the wider football world mate. I know JĆ¼rgen doesnā€™t give a sh*t about that sort of thing but it might be whatā€™s being got at in this context.

We hear daily how Guardiola has reinvented football and how much the media fawn over managers but our JĆ¼rgen seems to get a fraction of that love.

Maybe mate as you say JĆ¼rgen doesnā€™t court the limelight with the media , thereā€™s no doubt  Guardiola is the mediaā€™s darling , I think with JĆ¼rgen as long as the right people respect what heā€™s done and that includes Pep because he does then he is fine with that , donā€™t think heā€™s bothered what the media says tbh , bring this home this season and I think given the context of everything it will be one of his greatest achievements.
      Harrisimo

• 8,366 posts | 1414 
      Reply #1345: Apr 06, 2024 12:13:50 pm

Klopp has taken motivation and player management to the next level. He's demonstrated the importance of inclusion, value and respect. Very few managers connect with the fans as much as Klopp. He touches the soul of the City of Liverpool and it's people. Liked throughout the game more than any other manager IMO.

He feels a game as much as analyses it. Senses what player will improve the game. Gets the subs right probably 85/90% of the time. Gives everything he has to get it right on the day. His prep and game plans can't be underestimated, nether can his judgement of what each individual player can do, and what they can't do. How and when to motivate and support each individual player in almost every situation. Perfect for this club.

Harrisimo

• 8,366 posts | 1414 
      Reply #1346: Apr 06, 2024 07:47:40 pm

Well Klopp was appointed in Oct '15..VAR came in '19. Yes obviously managers run out of steam and this job does would take a lot out of any manager. Only have to look what happened to Sir Kenny. Still I think the effort the Boss puts in, giving it every ounce, working the clock round, living with the pressure....and then up pops a Ref and in seconds screws up months and years of blood, sweat and tears with extremely dodgy decisions if not downright bent ones.

And bearing in mind the Spurs screw up was in Oct 23 and the Boss wellies it on 6th Jan 24. Well I've said a few times we'll probably get some indication if and when he writes his book. But I just think the VAR issue etc has played a part in his decision to finish at the end of this season.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,882 posts | 704 
      Reply #1347: Apr 07, 2024 09:41:31 pm
      And I explained why he resigned. VAR played no part in it. None at all. Zero. VAR is now routine at the highest level of the game worldwide. If managers cited VAR as a reason to quit, there wouldn't be any of them left.

The limited credit applies to everyone. You only have to see it on this very forum. 20 posts on a match thread after a routine win, compared to 20 pages of an inquest, on the rare days that we don't. We should be talking today that we've scored 700 league goals under JĆ¼rgen. It is an astonishing achievement, and will probably never be matched in this club's history. Sadly, that's not what we're talking about, let alone appreciated.

Of course he doesn't get any credit outside the club either, everyone says that City are favourites for everything going and nobody else should even bother turning up. After so long, all that intensity of having to compete against that, and responsibility for not succeeding wears you down and now understandably, he's had enough.
      Harrisimo

• 8,366 posts | 1414 
      Reply #1348: Apr 08, 2024 08:32:15 am
      And I explained why he resigned. VAR played no part in it. None at all. Zero. VAR is now routine at the highest level of the game worldwide. If managers cited VAR as a reason to quit, there wouldn't be any of them left.

The limited credit applies to everyone. You only have to see it on this very forum. 20 posts on a match thread after a routine win, compared to 20 pages of an inquest, on the rare days that we don't. We should be talking today that we've scored 700 league goals under JĆ¼rgen. It is an astonishing achievement, and will probably never be matched in this club's history. Sadly, that's not what we're talking about, let alone appreciated.

Of course he doesn't get any credit outside the club either, everyone says that City are favourites for everything going and nobody else should even bother turning up. After so long, all that intensity of having to compete against that, and responsibility for not succeeding wears you down and now understandably, he's had enough.

Well again you didn't need to "explain" why he resigned. And at this point we don't know if the controversy over VAR etc played a part. You don't know, I don't know. It's about opinions. But from time to time we all state the obvious but your tone is as if your teaching it.

Klopp gets plenty of plaudits. That really is a minor point, as if he's miffed over it. The "not succeeding" point is also a misnomer because he has succeeded. You seem to be taking minor points and over emphasising them to prove your case, when in point of fact you were only disputing my claim that VAR etc played a part in his decision, so all the rest was peripheral preaching on your part. Wasn't 7 years either.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,179 posts | 2752 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1349: Apr 08, 2024 09:28:55 pm
      With all the so called alleged corruption that goes on in football how come  the penalty you lot got yesterday wasnā€™t overturned or the ref asked to go and check the monitor?

Elliott never got touched by Wan-Bissaka as the slow mo confirmed. He purposely left his foot there to fall over Wan-Bissaka leg?

Oh I know why? Itā€™s only corrupt when it goes against you.  :f_whistle:
      Harrisimo

• 8,366 posts | 1414 
      Reply #1350: Apr 08, 2024 10:34:21 pm
      With all the so called alleged corruption that goes on in football how come  the penalty you lot got yesterday wasnā€™t overturned or the ref asked to go and check the monitor?

Elliott never got touched by Wan-Bissaka as the slow mo confirmed. He purposely left his foot there to fall over Wan-Bissaka leg?

Oh I know why? Itā€™s only corrupt when it goes against you.  :f_whistle:

Well I'm very well aware of the 'trailing leg' con and but this was not the case here. Wan cut right across Elliott, stopping him making any progress.Wan did NOT get a touch of the ball and Elliott was taken out. You can clearly see Elliott does NOT drag his right foot against Wan as he was already put off balance by the challenge.

This according to the evidence does NOT qualify as a 'trailing leg' con. Nice try though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uzxg_0ZdfMg&ab_channel=SkySportsPremierLeague

And I'm not falling for your wind up. I'm just correcting your assumption.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,179 posts | 2752 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1351: Apr 09, 2024 01:47:12 am
      Well I'm very well aware of the 'trailing leg' con and but this was not the case here. Wan cut right across Elliott, stopping him making any progress.Wan did NOT get a touch of the ball and Elliott was taken out. You can clearly see Elliott does NOT drag his right foot against Wan as he was already put off balance by the challenge.

This according to the evidence does NOT qualify as a 'trailing leg' con. Nice try though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uzxg_0ZdfMg&ab_channel=SkySportsPremierLeague

And I'm not falling for your wind up. I'm just correcting your assumption.

https://youtube.com/shorts/9mIeGqdVTVo?si=3rORcg2636eCMyjH

I was winding up a little as you know we all do at times, makes the forum a better place. 😂

I originally thought he caught Elliott till I saw this angle, now I know he didnā€™t. Like I said Iā€™ve seen them given and seen them not. One thing Iā€™m certain of though regardless of the new rules this is a harsh penalty imo. #justsayin. 😊
      « Last Edit: Apr 09, 2024 01:52:14 am by Keith Singleton »
      Harrisimo

• 8,366 posts | 1414 
      Reply #1352: Apr 10, 2024 03:25:06 pm
      Was the Ref right, not giving a penalty after an Arsenal defender picked the ball up to place it for a short goal kick, when the Ref had already blown for the restart goal kick.

Lack of concentration by the player. Could argue the Ref was applying sporting common sense. Or was he letting Arsenal off the hook or being unfair to Bayern.

PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,617 posts | 753 
      Reply #1353: Apr 10, 2024 03:35:38 pm
      Was the Ref right, not giving a penalty after an Arsenal defender picked the ball up to place it for a short goal kick, when the Ref had already blown for the restart goal kick.

Lack of concentration by the player. Could argue the Ref was applying sporting common sense. Or was he letting Arsenal off the hook or being unfair to Bayern.

theyre playing the common sense card when its convenient. It would have been common sense to stop the game and reward Diaz the goal. We'd be top by 1 point if it was given and everyone used common sense. We were told 'letter of the law' time and time again.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,617 posts | 753 
      Reply #1354: Apr 10, 2024 03:36:47 pm

Without even clicking it , i knew it would be super slow-mo. Which everyone constantly says , slow-mo and freeze frames remove context.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,966 posts | 5022 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1355: Apr 10, 2024 03:56:50 pm
      theyre playing the common sense card when its convenient. It would have been common sense to stop the game and reward Diaz the goal. We'd be top by 1 point if it was given and everyone used common sense. We were told 'letter of the law' time and time again.

Canā€™t compare the two separate incidents, the common sense card would have been right in the Diaz scenario but we have the PGMOL Gestapo who donā€™t admit to making mistakes, the PGMOL do not have a influence in European football so perhaps common sense in last nights incident was correct, the referee using his own initiative, rather than the inept PGMOL sat in a VAR box dictating to the VAR operator what action should be taken or not as in the Diaz case,
      Common sense should have prevailed but the PGMOL followed their own stupid ruling saying it was too late to change anything so let their mistake ride irrespective of fairness, honesty and integrity, and we just move on , told to forget it, and now several months later, it could ultimately cost us a league title if we lose by less the 3 points !!!!

YNWA
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,617 posts | 753 
      Reply #1356: Apr 10, 2024 04:13:10 pm

Canā€™t compare the two separate incidents

Says who? YOU?

The topic at hand is 'COMMON SENSE REFEREEING'

They are making the excuse that Common Sense is okay to use during a game when the rules are broken.

In our incident common sense should have been used and the goal should have been rewarded. We were told LETTER OF THE LAW can't stop the game.
      « Last Edit: Apr 10, 2024 05:12:53 pm by PastorGeek »

Quick Reply