Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 18th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Is English officiating corrupt?

Read 66761 times
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,556 posts | 246 
      Re: Is English officiating corrupt?
      Reply #1518: May 04, 2024 06:40:39 pm
      Dodgy reffing at its best again today soft pen for Arsenal and an even more dodgy penalty to City if they were given in every game the would be 20 a week all we ask for is consistency and we will never get it we these incompetent, corrupt officials

It's baffling beyond belief, what's clear & obvious that's subjective alone & why oh why are some refs sent to the monitor? Every peno should be looked at on the monitor by the ref automatically without any nonsense from VAR influencing them
      So what's the solution VAR for VAR just bin it off for me I miss the days of the tw*t in black made a mistake now it's tw*ts who are watching a tw*t in black influencing games
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,847 posts | 6788 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1519: May 05, 2024 12:19:45 am
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,186 posts | 2754 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1520: May 05, 2024 01:00:11 am
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,847 posts | 6788 
      Reply #1521: May 05, 2024 02:17:17 am
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,433 posts | 808 
      Reply #1522: May 05, 2024 11:08:52 am
      It's baffling beyond belief, what's clear & obvious that's subjective alone & why oh why are some refs sent to the monitor? Every peno should be looked at on the monitor by the ref automatically without any nonsense from VAR influencing them
      So what's the solution VAR for VAR just bin it off for me I miss the days of the tw*t in black made a mistake now it's tw*ts who are watching a tw*t in black influencing games
      I remember thinking the same thing...that all contested pens are looked at on the monitor. The problem with that is once a ref (or anyone in life generally) has made a decision, it is almost impossible to change your mind and reverse it....it goes against our instinct.... Once a person makes a decision it becomes part of them ( in contemporary parlance, they own it ) and changing their mind feels like a weakness, when paradoxically it's the opposite, a sign of strength....So they 9 times out of 10 would just keep to their original call.
      VAR is just time wasting nonsense, they tried it...it doesn't, and can't work so get rid.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,281 posts | 931 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1523: May 05, 2024 11:42:34 am
      You only have to look at the two penalties awarded to Arsenal and City, would we have been awarded those not a F***ing chance, Uniting ed would have, bent as nine Bob notes
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,433 posts | 808 
      Reply #1524: May 05, 2024 12:07:45 pm
      You only have to look at the two penalties awarded to Arsenal and City, would we have been awarded those not a F***ing chance, Uniting ed would have, bent as nine Bob notes
      I may be mistaken but didn't Jota get a penalty this season in very, very similar circumstances to the Arsenal one?
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,382 posts | 1419 
      Reply #1525: May 05, 2024 12:29:03 pm
      When yer look at the pens Arsenal and City were given, and yer think what do Forest have to do to get a pen - install a trap door.

It's down to inconsistency or discriminatory decisions.
      Harrisimo

• 8,382 posts | 1419 
      Reply #1526: May 05, 2024 12:46:35 pm
      Bloke in the black..Mr. Paul Tierney...ahem...VAR...B rooks and Mainwaring...
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,433 posts | 808 
      Reply #1527: May 05, 2024 01:36:36 pm
      When yer look at the pens Arsenal and City were given, and yer think what do Forest have to do to get a pen - install a trap door.

It's down to inconsistency or discriminatory decisions.
      So-called big clubs have always got beneficial decisions.
      Harrisimo

• 8,382 posts | 1419 
      Reply #1528: May 05, 2024 01:50:45 pm
      So-called big clubs have always got beneficial decisions.

Come the end of the season, nominating the worst 3 refs this season will be a job and a half. contenders;

Tierney
      England
      Taylor
      Oliver
      Hooper
      Kavanagh.

tytusgroan
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 596 posts | 56 
      Reply #1529: May 05, 2024 02:19:27 pm
      Come the end of the season, nominating the worst 3 refs this season will be a job and a half. contenders;

Tierney
      England
      Taylor
      Oliver
      Hooper
      Kavanagh.

Did you cnuts in the var  studio or is that including both.
      Harrisimo

• 8,382 posts | 1419 
      Reply #1530: May 05, 2024 02:36:31 pm
      Did you cnuts in the var  studio or is that including both.

Any of them obviously. Between Taylor and Oliver for me. VAR Darren England, well was it just a screw up due to the system?

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,379 posts | 8629 
      Reply #1531: May 05, 2024 02:43:39 pm
      Any of them obviously. Between Taylor and Oliver for me. VAR Darren England, well was it just a screw up due to the system?

Clearly it's not all the refs as I watched Taylor ref the Dortmund - PSG game and tbf he did a good job. But it shows what they're being told to blow for in the Prem League when a lot of what would normally be given for fouls in the league, Taylor by Uefa directives was encouraged to let the game flow and it made for a better game.

Rather than bi*ch about the Refs, how about that PGMOL being the issue rather than the refs.
      Harrisimo

• 8,382 posts | 1419 
      Reply #1532: May 05, 2024 02:53:02 pm
      Clearly it's not all the refs as I watched Taylor ref the Dortmund - PSG game and tbf he did a good job. But it shows what they're being told to blow for in the Prem League when a lot of what would normally be given for fouls in the league, Taylor by Uefa directives was encouraged to let the game flow and it made for a better game.

Rather than bi*ch about the Refs, how about that PGMOL being the issue rather than the refs.

It's a moot point for sure. Good few teams left in the dark over some decisions. One annoying aspect is that it seems they alter the criteria for hand ball half way through the season. Also the 'clear and obvious' error is very inconsistent.
      « Last Edit: May 05, 2024 02:59:52 pm by Harrisimo »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,406 posts | 6411 
      Reply #1533: May 05, 2024 10:53:11 pm
      The foot stuck into Gakpo today where he went down in the box? Looked a pen to me? Did it get reviewed?
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,048 posts | 539 
      Reply #1534: May 05, 2024 11:14:04 pm

Tierney
      England
      Taylor
      Oliver
      Hooper
      Kavanagh.

Honourable mention for Howard Webb as well. The turd that won't flush. Just when we thought we'd got rid of the biased c**t, they bring him back him back to be head of PGMOL and, as impossible as it seemed, the officiating got worse.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,203 posts | 3478 
      Reply #1535: May 06, 2024 12:14:23 am
      The foot stuck into Gakpo today where he went down in the box? Looked a pen to me? Did it get reviewed?

Every challenge like that gets reviewed
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,489 posts | 3440 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1536: May 06, 2024 12:52:51 am
      Honourable mention for Howard Webb as well. The turd that won't flush. Just when we thought we'd got rid of the biased c**t, they bring him back him back to be head of PGMOL and, as impossible as it seemed, the officiating got worse.

It's scary, everyone though mike Riley was bad enough but Webb's overtook him. It's a bit like the Tories replacing pritti patel with suella braverman
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,847 posts | 6788 
      Reply #1537: May 06, 2024 06:50:11 am

Bud, I haven't seen the Arsenal one but my mate said when Gakpo went down, that's exactly the same thing that happened to Havertz and the penalty was given!!!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,379 posts | 1541 
      Reply #1538: May 06, 2024 04:00:55 pm
      Bud, I haven't seen the Arsenal one but my mate said when Gakpo went down, that's exactly the same thing that happened to Havertz and the penalty was given!!!

The problem is, some refs take the opinion that the ‘touch’ in the player was never enough to make him go down, and I side with that.
      While others take the attitude of ‘there was contact’ then the var review will invariable go against us wether we are the offender or the offended 🤷‍♂️

They need to get rid of this ‘well there was contact ‘ it’s turning the game into a diving contest.
      The refs need to man up and hold their ground. If you’ve been hacked down by a mistimed tackle ok. If you’ve been ‘slightly touched’  you’re gonna get booked for simulation. The slow Mo’s will clearly show what’s the right decision, but all refs need to be at it so there’s some consistency 🤷‍♂️
      DanMann

• 5,789 posts | 892 
      Reply #1539: May 06, 2024 04:14:51 pm
      Every challenge like that gets reviewed

What he means is, did it get REVIEWED or just the token tick the box "uh huh, carry on" review that we get so often.

There were a few strange ones yesterday. Stepping on Gakpo's foot in the box, a possible handball, and the keeper's save against Nunez. Not even sure what it hit as he seemed out of his area,.but no replay so couldn't be sure. All those checks were done in a matter of seconds.

Meanwhile the Gomez save was officially subject to a prolonged VAR penalty check.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,203 posts | 3478 
      Reply #1540: May 06, 2024 04:20:14 pm
      What he means is, did it get REVIEWED or just the token tick the box "uh huh, carry on" review that we get so often.

There were a few strange ones yesterday. Stepping on Gakpo's foot in the box, a possible handball, and the keeper's save against Nunez. Not even sure what it hit as he seemed out of his area,.but no replay so couldn't be sure. All those checks were done in a matter of seconds.

Meanwhile the Gomez save was officially subject to a prolonged VAR penalty check.

Yes it gets reviewed 🤷‍♂️

Quick Reply