Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Injuries 23/24

Read 24510 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,997 posts | 3424 
      Re: Injuries 23/24
      Reply #299: Feb 23, 2024 10:14:03 am
      So Jones will be back around international break

Allison just after
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #300: Feb 23, 2024 11:33:57 am
      3 league games without Jota ,Trent and Ali as well as the cup games. Hopefully Jones back for Derby game but this will.get moved anyway if we can navigate the FA cup game so may be only two league games . Jones hopefully back for Derby if not moved .
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 755 posts | 127 
      Reply #301: Feb 23, 2024 02:05:40 pm
      Salah, Fúñez, and Szoboszlai facing late fitness tests for tomorrow.....
      rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #302: Feb 23, 2024 03:48:46 pm
      Ali is the biggest concern I think his position is just so vital and a big ask for Kelleher
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #303: Feb 23, 2024 10:06:11 pm
      Can we get Josh a place in the squad?

https://twitter.com/i/status/1761011196314911152
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,536 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #304: Feb 26, 2024 07:04:28 am
      This list ain't getting any smaller.

Can see the Southampton game being basically an u21s team. L o l
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1029 
      Reply #305: Feb 26, 2024 07:48:49 am
      So who can we hope is back for the next league game?

Surely Mo, Nunez and Szobo seeing as apparently we had last minute decisions for them for the final. An extra week should see them back and playing some part.

Trent, Allison, Jota and Jones I expect have got a while to go. As will Grav now. Endo? Hopefully that one was just precautionary because he seemed fine after the game ended.

Thiago and Matip I suspect we don’t wee again this season, possibly ever again in a Liverpool shirt. Anyone know what is actually going on with Bajcetic? The way Klopp talks about it sometimes it doesn’t even sound like an injury.
      rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #306: Feb 26, 2024 08:27:43 am

Win Wednesday and it moves another league game so we have more time to get players back for Everton game. There is no reason why we can't use Tzimikas,Gomez,Quansah at back . Problem going to be midfield and up front . May be Dom.and Darwin make bench and sure Gakpo and Danns probably start . Mac might do 60 mins and Clark will play maybe with McConnell with some experience on bench
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2454 
      Reply #307: Feb 26, 2024 08:51:12 am

This kid plays like a young Ronaldinho.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,536 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #308: Feb 26, 2024 09:18:09 am
      Win Wednesday and it moves another league game so we have more time to get players back for Everton game. There is no reason why we can't use Tzimikas,Gomez,Quansah at back . Problem going to be midfield and up front . May be Dom.and Darwin make bench and sure Gakpo and Danns probably start . Mac might do 60 mins and Clark will play maybe with McConnell with some experience on bench

Yea. Could be.

Seemingly sobo is close to being ready, same with Nunez and Salah.

Hope we don't risk them on FA cup tho, if they're not 💯

I'd rather go with a team full of kids than risk anymore senior guys getting injured.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #309: Feb 26, 2024 10:02:17 am
      I tihnk the U15's will be playing vs Saints on Wednesday night! TBH given the injury list and the fixtures coming. I think it would do us a favour to be out of the FA Cup. The League has to be the priority now, there is a real danger of too much bread and too little butter which could derail us.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 830 posts | 161 
      Reply #310: Feb 26, 2024 10:03:55 am

Yet some on here will tell you our injuries are "overstated"
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #311: Feb 26, 2024 10:04:28 am
      I'd rather go with a team full of kids than risk anymore senior guys getting injured.

Same here, let the youngsters play on Wednesday alongside a couple of senior pros. The back four can still be quite strong. i'd play Tsimikas, Quansah, Gomez and Bradley ahead of Kelleher. Szobo and Nunez could be on the bench. I wouldn't risk Salah even from the bench, perhaps not until after the international break. 
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 830 posts | 161 
      Reply #312: Feb 26, 2024 10:05:29 am
      I tihnk the U15's will be playing vs Saints on Wednesday night! TBH given the injury list and the fixtures coming. I think it would do us a favour to be out of the FA Cup. The League has to be the priority now, there is a real danger of too much bread and too little butter which could derail us.

I don't think Klopp will share this same viewpoint as you, the FA cup is still a valuable piece of the jigsaw to completing a historical quadruple.

Plus there is added importance at stake, get through to the QF's and the Everton league game gets pushed back until after the intl break.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,291 posts | 765 
      Reply #313: Feb 26, 2024 10:24:58 am
      Yet some on here will tell you our injuries are "overstated"
      Let me clarify something for you. I introduced the word "Overstated" meaning it was being talked about too much relative to everything else. The injury list is a burden, but it is what it is and the constant moaning about it doesn't make it go away. The result yesterday in some ways proves the point...there are other players who will step up to the mark and fight for the shirt.
      Tadders

• 6,787 posts | 573 
      Reply #314: Feb 26, 2024 10:27:51 am
      Our injuries should make an episode of the X files, the league could be decided by who has the least injuries. Arsenal seem to play the same 11 week in week out, we get 2 injuries a game, and not knocks - stretchered off.

A good job the FA Cup is not against Everton or the Mancs...we have to go easy and try and get a team out for Forest.
      Saying that Kelleher is not really a downgrade on Alisson, he is superb. Bradly is not a downgrade on Trent.

Hope Endo is ok.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4994 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #315: Feb 26, 2024 10:42:49 am

Dunno mate, I think we’ll be all out for the four, we almost did it last season with heavily tired legs, at the moment it’s injuries trying to derail our season, however if we can get thru this mini crisis relatively unscathed, we’ll have a near fully fit squad going into the run in and hopefully a couple more finals, yeah maybe we do have too much bread and not enough butter, but we can always use a bit of margarine to see us through 🤪 !!

With the kids we got….We can’t believe it’s not butter…… :lmao: sorry, I’ll fetch my coat !!!

YNWA
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 830 posts | 161 
      Reply #316: Feb 26, 2024 10:48:02 am
      Let me clarify something for you. I introduced the word "Overstated" meaning it was being talked about too much relative to everything else. The injury list is a burden, but it is what it is and the constant moaning about it doesn't make it go away. The result yesterday in some ways proves the point...there are other players who will step up to the mark and fight for the shirt.

I know how you meant it and I will keep bringing it up so long as we have 5-6 injuries at once because it's an absolute travesty people can be ok with this and act like it's nothing, brushing it under the carpet or whatever they want to do and think it hasn't or won't impact our season drastically.

When the only thing standing in the way of a team trying to set an unprecedented season is the multiple injuries after injuries, then it should be the thing most talked about.
      rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #317: Feb 26, 2024 10:48:56 am
      Same here, let the youngsters play on Wednesday alongside a couple of senior pros. The back four can still be quite strong. i'd play Tsimikas, Quansah, Gomez and Bradley ahead of Kelleher. Szobo and Nunez could be on the bench. I wouldn't risk Salah even from the bench, perhaps not until after the international break.

Be amazed if Salah isn't back before international break seeing as it's 3 weeks away
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,997 posts | 3424 
      Reply #318: Feb 26, 2024 10:50:14 am
      I know how you meant it and I will keep bringing it up so long as we have 5-6 injuries at once because it's an absolute travesty people can be ok with this and act like it's nothing, brushing it under the carpet or whatever they want to do and think it hasn't or won't impact our season drastically.
      What is it you expect to happen

Injuries happen , they are part of the game.

You gain nothing from moaning about them on daily basis

It’s a physical sport , it happens and we deal with them just as we always have done
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,291 posts | 765 
      Reply #319: Feb 26, 2024 10:57:00 am

When the only thing standing in the way of a team trying to set an unprecedented season is the multiple injuries after injuries, then it should be the thing most talked about.
      I'm in no mood for any conflict over it.....it's just different views. I'm OK with injuries because they exist and there's literally nothing I can do about it. Will it derail the season?....I'm not sure it will....if anything it seemed to be a factor in energising the team yesterday. And even if it does become as impactful as you suggest.....there wasn't anything we could do about it....Just plain bad luck.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #320: Feb 26, 2024 03:51:24 pm
      I don't think Klopp will share this same viewpoint as you, the FA cup is still a valuable piece of the jigsaw to completing a historical quadruple.

Plus there is added importance at stake, get through to the QF's and the Everton league game gets pushed back until after the intl break.

I'm sure Klopp will want us to progress but honestly, going for all of them could result in winning none of them (of the 3 remaining). In league we host City and Spurs plus we have to go to Villa, Everton and United. This team will need to be 100% fit and firing, full on gegenpressing,heavy metal to the max to win the title. With this injury list you have to compromise somewhere.

I think the kids will play Wednesday night with a few senior pro's on the bench. 

Good point on the Everton game!

Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #321: Feb 26, 2024 03:53:59 pm
      Be amazed if Salah isn't back before international break seeing as it's 3 weeks away

Good point, i hadn't properly looked at the dates, thought it was a week sooner. Maybe we'll see him on the bench for the Forrest game next weekend.

Quick Reply