Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match v Nottingham Forest

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.8%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      4 (7.1%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)
      Alexis Mac Allister
      2 (3.6%)
      Ryan Gravenberch
      0 (0%)
      Dominik Szoboszlai
      42 (75%)
      Diogo Jota
      3 (5.4%)
      Darwin Nunez
      4 (7.1%)
      Mohamed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Cody Gakpo
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      0 (0%)
      Wataru Endo
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Voting closed: Oct 31, 2023 05:07:41 pm

Liverpool 3-0 Nottingham Forest: In game and Post Match discussion.

Read 8519 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,048 posts | 2725 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Liverpool 3-0 Nottingham Forest: In game and Post Match discussion.
      Reply #161: Oct 31, 2023 09:15:48 am
      Then they’re as sad as you.

:lmao: Try and chill a bit more lad, don’t take things so personal.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,653 posts | 3922 
      Reply #162: Oct 31, 2023 09:54:35 am
      :lmao: Try and chill a bit more lad, don’t take things so personal.

Believe me, I ain’t taking anything personally - I’ve never liked your smart arse comments.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,048 posts | 2725 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #163: Oct 31, 2023 09:58:55 am
      Believe me, I ain’t taking anything personally - I’ve never liked your smart arse comments.

Your problem is you don’t like anyone who isn’t Liverpool, that’s all it is. I certainly don’t dislike you, hell I don’t know you to pass such a judgment.
      Weeb
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #164: Oct 31, 2023 01:11:45 pm
      Really appreciating this current Liverpool team. If we can beat City away, I am so confident we will go on a big run!
      Szoboszlai is a monster player and Virgil is back and commanding as captain
      Very good ratings from everyone!
      https://youtu.be/r4k0YguS3sQ
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,039 posts | 3352 
      Reply #165: Oct 31, 2023 01:30:16 pm

I think he's the latest in a long line of "marmite" type players that we've had.

Some are almost unable or unwilling to see the good that he does because they were so adamant that we needed a "traditional" number 6 and Mac Allister isn't that. Others are unable or unwilling to see the poor performances he's put in because they were so overjoyed when we bought him that they won't believe he's possibly been putting in poor performances.

Ultimately so far in his Liverpool career he's been alright. Still plenty of room for improvement but his last couple of performances have been better than decent.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,953 posts | 5011 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #166: Oct 31, 2023 01:41:13 pm
      I think he's the latest in a long line of "marmite" type players that we've had.

Some are almost unable or unwilling to see the good that he does because they were so adamant that we needed a "traditional" number 6 and Mac Allister isn't that. Others are unable or unwilling to see the poor performances he's put in because they were so overjoyed when we bought him that they won't believe he's possibly been putting in poor performances.

Ultimately so far in his Liverpool career he's been alright. Still plenty of room for improvement but his last couple of performances have been better than decent.

Agree, we won’t see the best of him unless he’s in his usual position, he’s not a six but is useful as a temporary measure until Andre arrives in January, assuming he’s another part of the jigsaw, young Stefan Bajcetic can play there too, and when fit will probably rotate with Andre, I think some are expecting him to perform at his best every time he plays, but we can’t exactly perfection from any player each time they crosses the whiteboard!!

YNWA
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #167: Nov 03, 2023 12:40:33 am
      Can’t be true this? I remember his scoring at City in a 2-2 draw for starters.

Ah you have it right of course. This is what I heard and then got wrong:

Liverpool’s lucky charm strikes again. The Reds have never lost a game in which Jota has scored, and the Portugal international extended that run to 38 matches here.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,350 posts | 1533 
      Reply #168: Nov 03, 2023 10:11:04 am
      I think Mac is under a bit of pressure, in respect of Szob coming in a the same time as him, and has hit the ground running. Really having a big impact on games, whereby Mac has been mostly played out of position, and due to that, hasn't been able to impact games as much as he would have hoped.
      Probably playing under the shadow of Szob a bit, and finding it a bit harder to create his best football.
      He's a quality player, and i'm sure it will all come good for him. We'll probably see a different Mac when he gets a few starts in his preferred position.

Remember, the cream always rises to the top.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,296 posts | 1403 
      Reply #169: Nov 03, 2023 10:53:54 am
      There was plenty who had a pop at Nunez early on. Gets 100% support now...Why?...because he has produced the goods. Fair to say the 'jury is still out' on MacAllister.

Some very positive performances, some a bit ineffective. Midfield hardly unpacked but looking like the squad can compete at the top end.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,337 posts | 779 
      Reply #170: Nov 03, 2023 10:58:35 am
      I think Mac is under a bit of pressure, in respect of Szob coming in a the same time as him, and has hit the ground running. Really having a big impact on games, whereby Mac has been mostly played out of position, and due to that, hasn't been able to impact games as much as he would have hoped.
      Probably playing under the shadow of Szob a bit, and finding it a bit harder to create his best football.
      He's a quality player, and i'm sure it will all come good for him. We'll probably see a different Mac when he gets a few starts in his preferred position.

Remember, the cream always rises to the top.
      With Mac and Dom arriving in the same window fans were always going to compare their impact on the pitch. It's clear that Szob has exceeded expectations which means Mac's contributions are perceived (by some) as under expectations. Not all players adjust to life at a new club straight away, and as you say Mac A. will be aware of Dom's great start and may well be trying too hard to match him?...either way it looks to me he is still figuring out how to get the best out of himself and so benefit the team.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,868 posts | 704 
      Reply #171: Nov 03, 2023 10:17:12 pm
      Quote from FATKOPITE10
      Switched off second half, mainly because it was so comfortable. Job done, onto Bournemouth

And there was me being constantly told we never do things the easy way. Must have been mistaken.

Mind you, an opposition that can't beat Luton at home mustn't be up to much. And they weren't.  The kind of opponent that makes me want to go to more games. Easy, straight forward, 3 points in the bag, sitting in the Kenny Dalglish Stand on a sunny Sunday afternoon.

Szobozhlai is basically our equivalent of DeBruyne, only this one doesn't get injured. Ran the show, and got 2 more assists. The second one to find Mo was world class. Every goal was basically a tap in to an empty net, but wasn't possible without his contribution. He should have great fun against Luton's pub footballers at the weekend. 

6 points collected of the 12 up for grabs before the trip to City, and another win on the Thursday - Sunday schedule. People tell us it can't be done, but we've showed again that we can cope. And we must for the rest of the season.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #172: Nov 04, 2023 01:41:48 pm
      And there was me being constantly told we never do things the easy way. Must have been mistaken.

Mind you, an opposition that can't beat Luton at home mustn't be up to much. And they weren't.  The kind of opponent that makes me want to go to more games. Easy, straight forward, 3 points in the bag, sitting in the Kenny Dalglish Stand on a sunny Sunday afternoon.

Szobozhlai is basically our equivalent of DeBruyne, only this one doesn't get injured. Ran the show, and got 2 more assists. The second one to find Mo was world class. Every goal was basically a tap in to an empty net, but wasn't possible without his contribution. He should have great fun against Luton's pub footballers at the weekend. 

6 points collected of the 12 up for grabs before the trip to City, and another win on the Thursday - Sunday schedule. People tell us it can't be done, but we've showed again that we can cope. And we must for the rest of the season.

Szobo is great, really but KdB is in a class of his own. He is unlucky with injuries but when he's playing, he's usually the best on the field.

Szobo is on it's way to be our Gerrard/KdB if you wish, but we should not get carried away. He can and will hopefully improve.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,259 posts | 8582 
      Reply #173: Nov 04, 2023 01:56:06 pm
      Ah you have it right of course. This is what I heard and then got wrong:

Liverpool’s lucky charm strikes again. The Reds have never lost a game in which Jota has scored, and the Portugal international extended that run to 38 matches here.

The new Rush!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,259 posts | 8582 
      Reply #174: Nov 04, 2023 01:57:14 pm
      Szobo is great, really but KdB is in a class of his own. He is unlucky with injuries but when he's playing, he's usually the best on the field.

He was until the injuries started racking up. City's best player is now actually Rodri.

Quick Reply