Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Toulouse?

Caoimhin Kelleher
      1 (2.4%)
      Joe Gomez
      4 (9.5%)
      Joel Matip
      1 (2.4%)
      Jarell Quansah
      7 (16.7%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)
      Wataru Endo
      1 (2.4%)
      Alexis Mac Allister
      2 (4.8%)
      Harvey Elliott
      12 (28.6%)
      Luis Diaz
      2 (4.8%)
      Cody Gakpo
      0 (0%)
      Ben Doak
      1 (2.4%)
      Dominik Szoboszlai
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      1 (2.4%)
      Darwin Núñez
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      10 (23.8%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Voting closed: Nov 13, 2023 07:44:15 pm

Toulouse 3-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 10337 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,350 posts | 1533 
      Re: Toulouse 3-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #345: Nov 09, 2023 09:13:21 pm
      OK....iv had a few moments to digest that performance and let's be honest, it was sh*te. If we are as bad as people are suggesting then why are we only 3 points off City in the league. Klopp has work to do there is no doubt. Starting with Endo, Macca and Elliott in midfield tonight was a mistake. Let's keep cool if possible and get to Brentford with our full compliment out and see how we fare..
      YNWA

Expect Brentford to adapt to the same tactic as Luton and Toulouse.
      They can see it reaps rewards.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,296 posts | 1403 
      Reply #346: Nov 09, 2023 09:37:56 pm
      Klopp mentioning several times our failure to win challenges… Endo and Mac won 2/14 ……

Intensity wasn't there but he knows the score.In this comp he throws together a side and it will be hit and miss. We don't protect the ball enough, don't cover or compete hard enough. It's all about us going forward and putting pressure on teams.

With these ad hoc teams we can struggle on the back foot. Even when we got the own goal,we still were in attack mode, they had space and time to hurt us. Even at this level if we don't work hard, we can get turned over. Klopp knows that and tonight he tried to steal the result back, but the back door was left open.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,337 posts | 779 
      Reply #347: Nov 09, 2023 09:38:24 pm
      Totally unacceptable. There's no excuses ....to a man, a F*cking load of sh*t.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,884 posts | 421 
      Reply #348: Nov 09, 2023 10:11:34 pm
      When Quansah scored that I didn't celebrate. I knew there was a question mark over the hand ball and even when it looked like the ref was awarding the goal by that point the moments gone and its more relief than anything.

When VAR then rules it out I don't get angry I just shake my head and long for the old days of being able to celebrate in the moment.

Any goal that goes in now its wait and see. Its just wrong in my opinion.

Jarrell is from my neck of the woods. Really want him to do well but obviously he is still raw and learning on the job. Really feel for him tonight that would have been the highlight of his young career there and instead he's got to stand around while the ref goes about dishing yellow cards out like confetti with his other hand on his ear piece. Then he's pointing for the goal, then he's pointing for the screen.

The whole thing just a big F***ing mess. This week alone I've watched the farce that was Spurs v Chelsea, last night's circus in Copenhagen and then that this evening.

Nobody can tell me this is progress. Its F***ing silly and has taken the spectacal away from the action on the pitch and on to the drama around decision making.

Of all the sports in the world video refereeing in football has to be the worst to be implemented in any main stream sport.
      « Last Edit: Nov 09, 2023 10:16:57 pm by __Tickle__ »
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,129 posts | 127 
      Reply #349: Nov 09, 2023 10:11:58 pm
      They out played us for 80 min, many teams will play this way against us now surely we must have a plan B

Was that our plan A?, If so we have no chance. I can understand one or two players under performing, but that was total rank from start to finish. And embarrasing. And we  are pissed off with another sh*te call, rather than a sh*te performance
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,337 posts | 779 
      Reply #350: Nov 09, 2023 10:26:50 pm
      Like Luton, Toulouse are sh*te...and they didn't have to play well to tw*t us.....they scored about a 5th of all the goals they've scored this season tonight...and could have had more. JK needs to get into these players...buck up, or get to F*ck.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1795 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #351: Nov 09, 2023 10:39:04 pm
      No not the end of the world but I seriously would have expected a bit more from them after the way they played at Luton
      FFS. sh*t happens
      Tadders

• 6,790 posts | 574 
      Reply #352: Nov 09, 2023 10:46:58 pm
      We were clicking a few weeks back now we look like last season

Good job we have an international break and an easy game at a suitable time after
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,336 posts | 282 
      Reply #353: Nov 09, 2023 11:30:25 pm
      Tonight was crap but that handball was exactly the same as Rodri non hand ball against Everton a couple of seasons ago....what ? VAR decision going for City and not their rivals? Well I never...

Actually that's wrong, it bounced up off McAllisters chest, Rodri actually controlled it...
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,185 posts | 1099 
      Reply #354: Nov 10, 2023 01:01:12 am
      We were clicking a few weeks back now we look like last season

Good job we have an international break and an easy game at a suitable time after
      We look lost atm

We need to get a sporting director in here, like a real one. We did well with the release clauses, and Gravenberch looks good, but the Caicedo fiasco, allowing Thiago to stay on and gouge us each week from the whirl pool, and then giving Tsimikas a new deal seem a bit odd.

Maybe Endo and Taimikas look better in a year or two, but right now we're missing a real legitimate dcm and Robbo being injured has shown how thin our D is.

• Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,129 posts | 83 
      Reply #355: Nov 10, 2023 01:06:59 am
      Who cares. That was a training game for Klopp to test and to rest. If we play more sh*t like vs. Luton in the league I will become worried.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,953 posts | 5011 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #356: Nov 10, 2023 05:57:04 am
      F**k a duck I almost missed it and wish I had, bad day at the office my Arse, that was a bad day at the whole f***in office block, a completely woeful performance in which several pairs of clacker bags need kicking, Toulouse or not Toulouse that was the Question, and we got it wrong ….TOTALLY !!

Not that it would have made too much difference performance wise but we all witnessed the poisonous VAR infecting the Europa league too, Jarell Quansah denied his first Liverpool & European goal by a accidental handball up to six/seven phases before the ball hit the onion bag, Macca who was sh*te throughout was deemed to have hit his arm via his chest, F**k me, if it was deemed a genuine hand ball why wait to give the infringement ? Why wait until a goal is scored…so as they can disallowing it….why ruin the game we all love…not to mention the entertainment value & reason of playing the f***in game in the first place….SCORING GOALS !!    KUNTS !!

Jeez, we almost looked as good as United, that was pathetic, embarrassing and totally unacceptable, so where do we go from here, yes we can all whinge and f***in moan, and for some its utopia, we all know the ones, the chuckin the towel in brigade…remember them pre- season, before we’d kicked a f***in ball, well, guess what their doing right now, W⚓️’s of the forum unite, we’ve had Luton first of all dragging us down to their level, and now some backward French outfit surpassing Luton and giving us a bi*ch slap ….who we got next…Oh yeah  Brentford….tricky to say the least but when you absolutely have to win….suddenly we have a task…a must win scenario and confidence is rock f***in bottom… Cue…a performance that should get us back on track…and unfortunately Yet another International break….and ANOTHER 12.30 KO, at the Emptihad no less….!!!

Has Pep G been sucking the football god’s dick ffs ??

Worst performance of this season by far  and by F**k i hope it’s the last, we made the MUtants look good FFs !!

YNWA
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,049 posts | 2725 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #357: Nov 10, 2023 08:42:04 am

Worst performance of this season by far  and by F**k i hope it’s the last, we made the MUtants look good FFs !!

YNWA

I actually said the same thing, woeful on the eye too. Klopp taken some stick for such a weakened side. However, is it deserved? I’m not so sure 🧐 You’ve pretty much guaranteed the next stage of the Europa Cup so why take risk? If I was Klopp I’d of been more focused on Brentford at the weekend and he probably was. There’s no doubt you should have still beaten Toulouse with your second team but it’s not as big a problem as many of you lot making out.

That’s how I saw it anyway. 🤷‍♂️
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1795 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #358: Nov 10, 2023 09:51:47 am
      The loss is only a problem if it turns into more losses and more rubbish performances.

I'm confident we will bounce back.

Folk should give tolouse credit, they were right up for it and played well.

A lesson for our young squad
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,337 posts | 779 
      Reply #359: Nov 10, 2023 10:13:00 am
      Lack of respect for the competition, lack of respect for the opposition, lack of respect for the club.....and lack of respect for the fans...especially the one's who travelled.

"It's a privilege to play for this club"
      Don77

• 6,549 posts | 1093 
      Reply #360: Nov 10, 2023 01:01:23 pm
      Lack of respect for the competition, lack of respect for the opposition, lack of respect for the club.....and lack of respect for the fans...especially the one's who travelled.

"It's a privilege to play for this club"

I agree with you but if we played the game again next week Jürgen would do exactly the same.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1795 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #361: Nov 10, 2023 01:25:13 pm
      oh yea, never handball, chest to armpit, possible tickle of shoulder. l o l
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,349 posts | 6394 
      Reply #362: Nov 10, 2023 02:02:24 pm
      oh yea, never handball, chest to armpit, possible tickle of shoulder. l o l

That was a handball all day long. We'd be fuming if it was the other way around and not called. The only question is how far back in the run of play are we going to start looking for infractions now. Seemed like if they missed it they missed it and the goal should have stood but what do I know.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,040 posts | 3352 
      Reply #363: Nov 10, 2023 02:11:37 pm
      F**k me la, there's some short F***ing memories on this forum. One defeat and the world is caving in. And like the only other game where we've lost this season, we were robbed by the officials. Alright we didn't play last night or against Luton but you don't play well every game and you don't win every single game - especially when you're playing a bunch of players that most on this forum don't rate anyway.

But the group is still in our control, we could easily be top of the League by the end of the month and we're going nicely in the League Cup. Quadruple is still truly on.

Like Luton, this was the biggest game in recent history for Toulouse. Of course their players are gonna be right up for it. This isn't just a cup final for them, it's a once in a lifetime game. This is the biggest club in world football coming to their ground. And they wanna put on a show for their fans and they did just that. They fully deserved their win. And yet, such is the mentality of this team and this manager, we should of still come away with a point from the game just like we did at Kenilworth Road.

I've seen people talk a lot about the attitude of the players, well their attitude is one of never give up. We go behind a lot, that's well documented and yet we seem to win our fair share of matches. We don't play the free flowing football we once did but we still usually come away with a result of sorts. And I'll say it again, had we not been robbed by the officials we would of had another result here. So the attitude of the players to go right until the final whistle is unquestionable in my eyes. We don't know when we're beat and that's something that is installed in them from the boss.

The game itself, like I said - Toulose fully deserved the win. And it is always difficult in games like this when you're making a number of changes like we did. We've seen it already in Europe this year that we've lost a bit of fluency because of the changes. Changes that are expected and would be heavily criticised if we didn't make. "Why's Jürgen playing our strongest XI against Toulose - it's only the Europa League". And then when he does make those changes, it's still heavily criticised because we struggle to play at our best. Some people boggle my F***ing mind. I also find it funny how some people have been nowhere to be seen in recent weeks when we have been winning but a couple of bad results and they're back out in force. Go F**k yourselves. There's no greater feeling than seeing the Reds win and yet some seem to revel in our misfortune.

Kelleher - personally thought he had one of his better games in recent times. The game against the two clubs at Anfield I thought was his worst in a Liverpool shirt but last night he seemed more composed with the ball at his feet and I wouldn't really fault him for the goals. I know some are blaming him for the third but he did what he was supposed to do which was push it wide of the post. If his defenders were alert then it gets cleared, they wasn't and Toulose had an easy finish.

Gomez - at some point this season this lad is gonna score. He's getting closer as the weeks go by, hitting the bar very early on last night. Done ok first half at right back but struggled when he was moved over to the left for the second. His versatility helps him get game time but it hinders him getting a run of games in one position. But for most of the season, he's been above good so one bad outting isn't the end of the world.

Matip - one of his worst performances of the season but of course he wasn't alone in that sense. Bit sloppy in possession. Not as commanding as he usually is at the back. And was out performed considerably by his younger, less experienced, partner.

Quansah - this lad is taking every opportunity he gets this year. He knows there's an opening for him in the squad and is putting his name in the hat for that opening. Matip may be off next summer, Gomez may not be the first choice back up centre half so there's an opportunity for somebody to stand up and say to Jürgen, I'm the cover to Konate & Van Dijk and young Jarell is doing it. Should have had his first Liverpool goal in France but was wrongly chalked off. I'm sure he'll get it soon.

Tsimikas - unfotunately the Greek Scouser has declined to a level that is no longer acceptable for us. While some "squad" players see these European games as a chance to push for a starting berth in the League games, Kostas looks more like he's insulted to be playing in these games. And I do feel for him in a way because he knows that no matter how well he plays, once Robbo is fit he's back to sitting on the bench watching with splinters in his arse.

Elliott - as is often the case with Harv, he worked his bollocks off for the cause. Runs around a lot, works hard but doesn't have the finese or guile to be the player he thinks he is. Should of scored yesterday but lacked the composure when it fell to him. Probably was the best player in a Red shirt yesterday just for his work ethic if nothing else. He was the one who looked like he was trying.

Endo - is the complete opposite to Szoboszlai on this forum. Whereas Dom gets man of the match votes just for tying his boots, poor Endo gets criticised for the way he ties his boots. And I'm not saying he played well yesterday because he didn't. He was shocking and probably should have been sent off for a number of late challenges. But it seems like people are zoned in on him waiting to be critical of him when they wouldn't be for other players doing the same things. I don't know why people are so intent on it either. When he was bought people were telling us it was a waste of a signing, so why are they surprised that he's not the new Gerrard?

Mac Allister - worked wonders for Jota's goal. I know Diogo will get all the plaudits and rightfully so but Mac's involvement in winning the ball back and laying it into Jota's path was top class. It's not the first time he's done that either this season, he done similar against Forest in the lead up to Jota's goal. Won it back, laid it on a plate for Mo and eventually Jota got the goal that day. Unfortunately that was about all he did in the game that was good. Needs to produce more.

Doak - felt sorry for him getting dragged off at half time as I thought he was the brightest of the front three in that first half. One really good effort that the keeper saved. I like that he's prepared to come inside but also go on his right foot to be a full back. He's still lacking a bit of maturity in his game but what do you expect from a kid who's still not yet 18?

Gakpo - one decent set piece early on for Gomez's header and then very little else from the Dutchman. But on the attacking front, there was little else from his strike partners throughout the game either with the exception of Jota.

Diaz - great news about his arl fella and maybe that relief meant his mind was elsewhere. Whereas against Luton he used it as inspiration to save us a point, yesterday looked more like his mind was elsewhere. And I wouldn't blame him if it was. Ultimately, football is just a game and what he's been through off the field recently is far more important than the result of a footy match.

Alexander-Arnold - didn't really do much did he? I know he got slaughtered for that wayward effort from miles out and didn't really grab the game by the scruff of the neck like a captain should. Defensively, we all know he's not the best and it was shown a few times last night again. I'd be happy to see him revert back to his old role as just a right back because teams are now expecting him to come into midfield. Just try and catch them off guard a bit.

Szoboszlai - another poor showing from him, wouldn't have known he was on the pitch or not yesterday.

Salah - see above. These three half time subs were meant to come on save us and if anything made us play even worse. Dunno if Mo just needs a break but he's been almost invisible for a couple of games now. Probably wasn't expecting to play as many minutes as he has in the Europa League this season.

Nunez - another sub who came on and had very little impact on the game. Whether it was poor service into the front men or just poor play from the attackers or a combination of the two I don't really know but overall our main goal threats were of no threat at all.

Jota - the one sub who did come on and make a difference. His goal was brilliant. And he did seem to give everyone a lift and a spark. But it wasn't quite enough on the team front, individually he was head and shoulders above anybody else though.

Overall, it's a disappointing result and performance but we'll bounce back from it and still progress from the group quite easily. Given it's Liverpool and we don't like doing things the easy way, the result shouldn't be so much of a shock.

A win over Brentford on Sunday before the international break and then a win over City before progressing to the next round of this European road trip before the end of the month will make this defeat all but forgotten.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1795 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #364: Nov 10, 2023 02:57:31 pm
      That was a handball all day long. We'd be fuming if it was the other way around and not called. The only question is how far back in the run of play are we going to start looking for infractions now. Seemed like if they missed it they missed it and the goal should have stood but what do I know.

nah. No handball for me, even if it rolled off his shoulder a bit, not like he stuck his arm out deliberately and thats supposed to be the rule now, and like u say how far do they want take things back for VAR. :(
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,653 posts | 3922 
      Reply #365: Nov 10, 2023 04:07:24 pm
      We have been sh*te past 2 games - Brentford is going to be a proper slog
      Don77

• 6,549 posts | 1093 
      Reply #366: Nov 10, 2023 04:26:27 pm
      F**k me la, there's some short F***ing memories on this forum. One defeat and the world is caving in. And like the only other game where we've lost this season, we were robbed by the officials. Alright we didn't play last night or against Luton but you don't play well every game and you don't win every single game - especially when you're playing a bunch of players that most on this forum don't rate anyway.

But the group is still in our control, we could easily be top of the League by the end of the month and we're going nicely in the League Cup. Quadruple is still truly on.

Like Luton, this was the biggest game in recent history for Toulouse. Of course their players are gonna be right up for it. This isn't just a cup final for them, it's a once in a lifetime game. This is the biggest club in world football coming to their ground. And they wanna put on a show for their fans and they did just that. They fully deserved their win. And yet, such is the mentality of this team and this manager, we should of still come away with a point from the game just like we did at Kenilworth Road.

I've seen people talk a lot about the attitude of the players, well their attitude is one of never give up. We go behind a lot, that's well documented and yet we seem to win our fair share of matches. We don't play the free flowing football we once did but we still usually come away with a result of sorts. And I'll say it again, had we not been robbed by the officials we would of had another result here. So the attitude of the players to go right until the final whistle is unquestionable in my eyes. We don't know when we're beat and that's something that is installed in them from the boss.

The game itself, like I said - Toulose fully deserved the win. And it is always difficult in games like this when you're making a number of changes like we did. We've seen it already in Europe this year that we've lost a bit of fluency because of the changes. Changes that are expected and would be heavily criticised if we didn't make. "Why's Jürgen playing our strongest XI against Toulose - it's only the Europa League". And then when he does make those changes, it's still heavily criticised because we struggle to play at our best. Some people boggle my F***ing mind. I also find it funny how some people have been nowhere to be seen in recent weeks when we have been winning but a couple of bad results and they're back out in force. Go F**k yourselves. There's no greater feeling than seeing the Reds win and yet some seem to revel in our misfortune.

Kelleher - personally thought he had one of his better games in recent times. The game against the two clubs at Anfield I thought was his worst in a Liverpool shirt but last night he seemed more composed with the ball at his feet and I wouldn't really fault him for the goals. I know some are blaming him for the third but he did what he was supposed to do which was push it wide of the post. If his defenders were alert then it gets cleared, they wasn't and Toulose had an easy finish.

Gomez - at some point this season this lad is gonna score. He's getting closer as the weeks go by, hitting the bar very early on last night. Done ok first half at right back but struggled when he was moved over to the left for the second. His versatility helps him get game time but it hinders him getting a run of games in one position. But for most of the season, he's been above good so one bad outting isn't the end of the world.

Matip - one of his worst performances of the season but of course he wasn't alone in that sense. Bit sloppy in possession. Not as commanding as he usually is at the back. And was out performed considerably by his younger, less experienced, partner.

Quansah - this lad is taking every opportunity he gets this year. He knows there's an opening for him in the squad and is putting his name in the hat for that opening. Matip may be off next summer, Gomez may not be the first choice back up centre half so there's an opportunity for somebody to stand up and say to Jürgen, I'm the cover to Konate & Van Dijk and young Jarell is doing it. Should have had his first Liverpool goal in France but was wrongly chalked off. I'm sure he'll get it soon.

Tsimikas - unfotunately the Greek Scouser has declined to a level that is no longer acceptable for us. While some "squad" players see these European games as a chance to push for a starting berth in the League games, Kostas looks more like he's insulted to be playing in these games. And I do feel for him in a way because he knows that no matter how well he plays, once Robbo is fit he's back to sitting on the bench watching with splinters in his arse.

Elliott - as is often the case with Harv, he worked his bollocks off for the cause. Runs around a lot, works hard but doesn't have the finese or guile to be the player he thinks he is. Should of scored yesterday but lacked the composure when it fell to him. Probably was the best player in a Red shirt yesterday just for his work ethic if nothing else. He was the one who looked like he was trying.

Endo - is the complete opposite to Szoboszlai on this forum. Whereas Dom gets man of the match votes just for tying his boots, poor Endo gets criticised for the way he ties his boots. And I'm not saying he played well yesterday because he didn't. He was shocking and probably should have been sent off for a number of late challenges. But it seems like people are zoned in on him waiting to be critical of him when they wouldn't be for other players doing the same things. I don't know why people are so intent on it either. When he was bought people were telling us it was a waste of a signing, so why are they surprised that he's not the new Gerrard?

Mac Allister - worked wonders for Jota's goal. I know Diogo will get all the plaudits and rightfully so but Mac's involvement in winning the ball back and laying it into Jota's path was top class. It's not the first time he's done that either this season, he done similar against Forest in the lead up to Jota's goal. Won it back, laid it on a plate for Mo and eventually Jota got the goal that day. Unfortunately that was about all he did in the game that was good. Needs to produce more.

Doak - felt sorry for him getting dragged off at half time as I thought he was the brightest of the front three in that first half. One really good effort that the keeper saved. I like that he's prepared to come inside but also go on his right foot to be a full back. He's still lacking a bit of maturity in his game but what do you expect from a kid who's still not yet 18?

Gakpo - one decent set piece early on for Gomez's header and then very little else from the Dutchman. But on the attacking front, there was little else from his strike partners throughout the game either with the exception of Jota.

Diaz - great news about his arl fella and maybe that relief meant his mind was elsewhere. Whereas against Luton he used it as inspiration to save us a point, yesterday looked more like his mind was elsewhere. And I wouldn't blame him if it was. Ultimately, football is just a game and what he's been through off the field recently is far more important than the result of a footy match.

Alexander-Arnold - didn't really do much did he? I know he got slaughtered for that wayward effort from miles out and didn't really grab the game by the scruff of the neck like a captain should. Defensively, we all know he's not the best and it was shown a few times last night again. I'd be happy to see him revert back to his old role as just a right back because teams are now expecting him to come into midfield. Just try and catch them off guard a bit.

Szoboszlai - another poor showing from him, wouldn't have known he was on the pitch or not yesterday.

Salah - see above. These three half time subs were meant to come on save us and if anything made us play even worse. Dunno if Mo just needs a break but he's been almost invisible for a couple of games now. Probably wasn't expecting to play as many minutes as he has in the Europa League this season.

Nunez - another sub who came on and had very little impact on the game. Whether it was poor service into the front men or just poor play from the attackers or a combination of the two I don't really know but overall our main goal threats were of no threat at all.

Jota - the one sub who did come on and make a difference. His goal was brilliant. And he did seem to give everyone a lift and a spark. But it wasn't quite enough on the team front, individually he was head and shoulders above anybody else though.

Overall, it's a disappointing result and performance but we'll bounce back from it and still progress from the group quite easily. Given it's Liverpool and we don't like doing things the easy way, the result shouldn't be so much of a shock.

A win over Brentford on Sunday before the international break and then a win over City before progressing to the next round of this European road trip before the end of the month will make this defeat all but forgotten.

Good post mate. I'm trying not to be doom and gloom. I just see the failings from last season affecting us this season. I don't think we've played that well this season. We scraped over the line alot. I don't think 2.0 is as far along/Good as some make it out to be.

Play like recent games and city will put 4 or 5 past us. No problem at all.

As for Brentford ... should be a comfortable 3 points for a team with aspirations of challenging city. As it is ... its our away form I'm worried about more than anything.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,350 posts | 1533 
      Reply #367: Nov 10, 2023 10:40:19 pm
      We have been sh*te past 2 games - Brentford is going to be a proper slog

If we don’t improve drastically we won’t get anything from that game. !

Quick Reply