Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Toulouse?

Caoimhin Kelleher
      1 (2.4%)
      Joe Gomez
      4 (9.5%)
      Joel Matip
      1 (2.4%)
      Jarell Quansah
      7 (16.7%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)
      Wataru Endo
      1 (2.4%)
      Alexis Mac Allister
      2 (4.8%)
      Harvey Elliott
      12 (28.6%)
      Luis Diaz
      2 (4.8%)
      Cody Gakpo
      0 (0%)
      Ben Doak
      1 (2.4%)
      Dominik Szoboszlai
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      1 (2.4%)
      Darwin Núñez
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      10 (23.8%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Voting closed: Nov 13, 2023 07:44:15 pm

Toulouse 3-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 10338 times
      Millsy75
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 308 posts | 47 
      Re: Toulouse 3-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #368: Nov 10, 2023 10:47:46 pm
      If we don’t improve drastically we won’t get anything from that game. !
      these sh*t games in europa drag us down,i was at  toulose home game,it was boring ,league will bring out best in us ,we beat these
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,953 posts | 5011 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #369: Nov 11, 2023 12:18:45 pm
      I actually said the same thing, woeful on the eye too. Klopp taken some stick for such a weakened side. However, is it deserved? I’m not so sure 🧐 You’ve pretty much guaranteed the next stage of the Europa Cup so why take risk? If I was Klopp I’d of been more focused on Brentford at the weekend and he probably was. There’s no doubt you should have still beaten Toulouse with your second team but it’s not as big a problem as many of you lot making out.

That’s how I saw it anyway. 🤷‍♂️

Wasn’t a good watch that’s for sure, i think Jürgen is determined to keep the momentum going, hence rotating the squad more often this season, where we have almost two for each position the second string if you like don’t have the same impetus as our default X1, so it we will see a drop in quality, However, that performance was way off what it should have been imo, yet we still should have had the draw, but we’re fu**ed over by officialdom yet again, it’s not a excuse, we know we didn’t play well enough but it is what it is and we go again,

I don’t think I’ve seen VAR go back as far as they did in this instance where there was six or seven phases before Jarell smashed it in, if indeed they thought it was handball why did they let play go non for so long, it was only after the ball hit the net that they decided to look for a infringement, had Jarell smashed it over the bar and into orbit, they would have been no need to look for any infringement, ……picture the seen in the VAR box…..err, should we allow this goal…not sure….let’s look at at that possible hand ball….the Ref didn’t notice…but F**k him..we can’t have Toulouse not winning this game…it would be so unjust….I’m looking, I’m looking, yeah, it’s handball….are you sure….yh F**k it, it’s handball, F**k Liverpool, and F**k Klopp….Ref take a look at the monitor it’s a handball by Liverpool No10…cancel the goal….I got fifty euro on Toulouse ??

YNWA

dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,040 posts | 3352 
      Reply #370: Nov 11, 2023 03:07:29 pm
      Good post mate. I'm trying not to be doom and gloom. I just see the failings from last season affecting us this season. I don't think we've played that well this season. We scraped over the line alot. I don't think 2.0 is as far along/Good as some make it out to be.

Play like recent games and city will put 4 or 5 past us. No problem at all.

As for Brentford ... should be a comfortable 3 points for a team with aspirations of challenging city. As it is ... its our away form I'm worried about more than anything.

I understand the pessimism some people have mate, especially given the last two results. And several performances so far this season haven't been Liverpool at our best. But despite not playing as well as we can we're well within reach of City, we've got European qualification practically sewn up and we're the clear favourites to win the League Cup.

So for a season that was written off by some before a ball was kicked and us not actually playing anywhere near our best all that frequently, I'd say it's a F***ing impressive start and two bad results don't constitute the world caving in as some are suggesting. Imagine how good a season it'll be when we do actually start to click into gear.

As for us not being as far along as some say, we're probably not in terms of consistency. We have just about got over the line in a number of games. But for a new look team, you've got to expect a few teething problems. It's not just the midfield either, it's the new role for Trent. It's an ever changing front line that is still trying to work each other out. It's not Bobby, Mane and Mo where we knew who was playing up top every week, it's constantly changing such are the options we've now got.

And again, I go back to what I've just said about where we are in the competitions so far. If we're that close with these teething problems, then it's safe to say the future is gonna be very bright.

So for me I can't succumb to the notion that all is wrong with the club just because we've not beaten Luton and Toulouse. It's just a couple of bad results and if we win the League by a point, that result against Luton will be looked back on fondly because it's a draw we didn't deserve.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 863 
      Reply #371: Nov 11, 2023 04:17:12 pm
      Apart from the multiple individual performances that were not nearly up to par, this team, collectively speaking, has a problem. They have that tendency to turn up only when they want to. From a mentality point of view, games are not all approached with the same level of commitment.

I watched the game and you could tell from the very first 5 minutes that we weren't turning up. The players looked like they had given themselves a day off and expected to be able to show up half switched off and still get a result. This is very problematic because, in my opinion, this shows that the leadership is not up to par. Tittle contending teams go into games against weaker opposition thinking ''lets wrap this up quickly and be up 3-0 by half time so we don't have to run after the points all game long'' rather than ''its a smaller team so we can probably get away with 50% of the effort we would put against stronger opposition''.

This mentality and way of approaching games in a selective manner cost us points against Luton, Toulouse and nearly cost us against teams like Bournemouth at home, LASK and others.

As far as I'm concerned, some of those lads need to stop bullshitting us with social media posts before and after games and actually start approaching 100% of the games with the same level of commitment and professionalism. Playing like its a friendly game for 80 minutes, waking up in the last 10 and then making a instagram post about ''performance wasn't there tonight, we'll do better next time'' or some bullshit along those lines is not going to cut it regardless of the competition (PL, Europa or even the cup games).

This is why I think some key positions need reinforcement just for the sake of having more competition coupled with more ruthlessness from JK. If some of those guys want to half turn up or turn up only when they feel like it then F**k it, ride the bench and watch someone else take your minutes.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,350 posts | 1533 
      Reply #372: Nov 11, 2023 09:58:45 pm
      Apart from the multiple individual performances that were not nearly up to par, this team, collectively speaking, has a problem. They have that tendency to turn up only when they want to. From a mentality point of view, games are not all approached with the same level of commitment.

I watched the game and you could tell from the very first 5 minutes that we weren't turning up. The players looked like they had given themselves a day off and expected to be able to show up half switched off and still get a result. This is very problematic because, in my opinion, this shows that the leadership is not up to par. Tittle contending teams go into games against weaker opposition thinking ''lets wrap this up quickly and be up 3-0 by half time so we don't have to run after the points all game long'' rather than ''its a smaller team so we can probably get away with 50% of the effort we would put against stronger opposition''.

This mentality and way of approaching games in a selective manner cost us points against Luton, Toulouse and nearly cost us against teams like Bournemouth at home, LASK and others.

As far as I'm concerned, some of those lads need to stop bullshitting us with social media posts before and after games and actually start approaching 100% of the games with the same level of commitment and professionalism. Playing like its a friendly game for 80 minutes, waking up in the last 10 and then making a instagram post about ''performance wasn't there tonight, we'll do better next time'' or some bullshit along those lines is not going to cut it regardless of the competition (PL, Europa or even the cup games).

This is why I think some key positions need reinforcement just for the sake of having more competition coupled with more ruthlessness from JK. If some of those guys want to half turn up or turn up only when they feel like it then F**k it, ride the bench and watch someone else take your minutes.

This how I’m seeing things. That’s why I’m worried about tomorrow.
      Nunez and Elliot look like the only two starting and finishing with the right attitude and determination 🤷‍♂️
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,800 posts | 6746 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #373: Nov 12, 2023 10:10:10 pm
      Have we talked about Jota's goal enough?

That was incredible to watch.

Just seemed pissed off he didn't start or come on earlier.

Gets the ball, creates a clear path towards goal in his own mind and runs, shoots and scores an absolute F***ing ripper.

Was never passing that ball.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,868 posts | 704 
      Reply #374: Nov 21, 2023 08:19:02 pm
      Quote from PolarBearRed

The fans are the same tbh. They tell us all the time, they don't care/want us in this competition, that the games are boring, the atmosphere is drab, that we should play weakened teams. When they're not doing that, they moan about the opponents, the travelling, and the timing. So when the manager listens to all that and plays a weakened line up, of course the performance will be affected.

We're in this competition for a reason. As we saw when we comfortably beat Red Star at home 5 years ago, that breeds complacency from everyone for the away leg of these ties, which surfaced again this time. Ligue 1 is a one of the top leagues in Europe, and from the time the draw was made, this looked like the toughest game, and so it was. For all the uproar about the ref deciding to rule the goal out for handball when he eventually saw the incident for himself in full, we can't really complain about the result. 

When we win this group, this result can be put in the dustbin, and we can quit worrying about needing reinforcements. Because it's only going to get more difficult when the knockout stages begin, and the team fielded will be full strength.

Quick Reply