Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 9th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P11 W6 D4 L1

January Transfer rumors?

Read 16741 times
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,512 posts | 223 
      Re: January Transfer rumors?
      Reply #69: Dec 18, 2023 05:59:28 pm
      What I would say is a lot of Liverpool fans are knowledgeable in terms of what we need, sure we have some social media posters who go for views and the few odd balls but in general fans are right

When it comes to forwards for example c we can all see bar Salah, all other attackers are playing average/decent at best

So naturally they think we need an attacking, sure that isn’t the right answer as we have 5 but it’s understandable at times why people say it. We basically need a reshuffle up top still

It isn’t right
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,512 posts | 223 
      Reply #70: Dec 18, 2023 06:02:47 pm
      What mistake did Klopp do ? What did they admit too

Not re building the cm last season, we paid a heavy price for it

Him saying we didn’t need one, only to buy one and say he was wrong but by then it was too late and we could only get a loan deal for that player who was injured

It’s obvious a mistake was made in not getting players in and refreshing the squad

Remember when we had no cbs either ? There was a season we went in with 3 main cb, we needed a 4th but klopp and cl were being stubborn and we didn’t they one only to get one the year after I think it was or in January, cannot remember now

My point is even the best get it wrong, I wouldn’t right off fans completely

We at times lack aggression in the market and it is our weakness imo now this may be klopp or the board, I remember him saying he wants the club take more risks, so could be him protecting but feels like he has a blind spot
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,512 posts | 223 
      Reply #71: Dec 18, 2023 06:05:41 pm
      My personal opinion btw if we may get one player in January, one is all we need

We can’t buy an attacker until one leaves, we have 5. The coaching staff need to work with them as for me Diaz, Nunez and gapko have been poor this season, jota seems to have been injured so I can’t remember how he has done

But we need to fix the issue with Thiago, looks like we lack options in his position
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,140 posts | 3466 
      Reply #72: Dec 18, 2023 06:06:14 pm

Him saying we didn’t need one, only to buy one and say he was wrong but by then it was too late and we could only get a loan deal for that player who was injured

It’s obvious a mistake was made in not getting players in and refreshing the squad

Remember when we had no cbs either ? There was a season we went in with 3 main cb, we needed a 4th but klopp and cl were being stubborn and we didn’t they one only to get one the year after I think it was or in January, cannot remember now

We at times lack aggression in the market and it is our weakness imo now this may be klopp or the board, I remember him saying he wants the club take more risks, so could be him protecting but feels like he has a blind spot

The club got hit by injuries hence why they brought one in

I’ll take Klopps judgment every day of the week over any fan.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,512 posts | 223 
      Reply #73: Dec 18, 2023 06:09:18 pm
      The club got hit by injuries hence why they brought one in

A rebuild was needed, klopp got it wrong last season. Just like when Ferguson got it wrong selling a certain cb. Just like pep got it wrong buying Phillips

Managers make mistakes as do clubs
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,590 posts | 1100 
      Reply #74: Dec 18, 2023 06:17:11 pm

JĂźrgen had 4 cbs mate. The issue was he wanted to buy another left back but as per fsg wouldn't help him. He got creative and sold a cb , bought a left back in tsimikas and had fabinho as a back up plan for 4th cb. We know what happened next.

Then in the January he went to fsg top of the league and wanting funds for a cb. Again they didn't help him. He ended up with a lower league player from Preston he didn't want and a loan player who like melo wasn't good enough.

So yes maybe he's made mistakes but if he'd been backed like he should have been he wouldn't have been robbing Peter to pay Paul. That's the fact of the matter.

We should have bought midfield players the summer before last. But we spent 60plus million upfront on nunez and left the midfield to wait for Bellingham ..... the right player. That didn't work out either.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,140 posts | 3466 
      Reply #75: Dec 18, 2023 06:23:42 pm
      JĂźrgen had 4 cbs mate. The issue was he wanted to buy another left back but as per fsg wouldn't help him. He got creative and sold a cb , bought a left back in tsimikas and had fabinho as a back up plan for 4th cb. We know what happened next.

Then in the January he went to fsg top of the league and wanting funds for a cb. Again they didn't help him. He ended up with a lower league player from Preston he didn't want and a loan player who like melo wasn't good enough.

So yes maybe he's made mistakes but if he'd been backed like he should have been he wouldn't have been robbing Peter to pay Paul. That's the fact of the matter.

We should have bought midfield players the summer before last. But we spent 60plus million upfront on nunez and left the midfield to wait for Bellingham ..... the right player. That didn't work out either.

He didn’t sell Lovren just so that he could bring in a LB , Kostas was already arriving , Lovren decided he wanted to leave so they sold him , the CB they wanted wasn’t available until the next summer so they went with 3 CBs plus Fabinho

Stop making up stuff
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,140 posts | 3466 
      Reply #76: Dec 18, 2023 06:26:27 pm
      A rebuild was needed, klopp got it wrong last season. Just like when Ferguson got it wrong selling a certain cb. Just like pep got it wrong buying Phillips

Managers make mistakes as do clubs

Players like Keita , Ox , Fabinho etc were still in the squad with no one knocking on the door to buy them -wr started the season with

7 midfielders for 3 spots along with any youngsters like Bajetic

Losing 3 to injuries early on plus a dramatic drop in form for Fabinho was the issue - but there was always plans to replace Ox and Keita this summer when their contracts run out

But when it comes to Jan they will prob bring in one at most

There won’t be a forward or a CB , potentially only a young DMn
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,512 posts | 223 
      Reply #77: Dec 18, 2023 07:57:12 pm
      Players like Keita , Ox , Fabinho etc were still in the squad with no one knocking on the door to buy them -wr started the season with

7 midfielders for 3 spots along with any youngsters like Bajetic

Losing 3 to injuries early on plus a dramatic drop in form for Fabinho was the issue - but there was always plans to replace Ox and Keita this summer when their contracts run out

But when it comes to Jan they will prob bring in one at most

There won’t be a forward or a CB , potentially only a young DMn

I won’t go into detail as it’s old news but your post shows why people were calling it and the club dropped the ball so to speak

Quality over quantity

This window, if we want to try to win the league, we go for a top dm/cm to replace Thiago

If we are happy seeing what happens with our current plan, we get in one for the future and accept 2nd or 3rd which is still brilliant considering where we came from

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,140 posts | 3466 
      Reply #78: Dec 18, 2023 07:59:38 pm
      I won’t go into detail as it’s old news but your post shows why people were calling it and the club dropped the ball so to speak

Quality over quantity

This window, if we want to try to win the league, we go for a top dm/cm to replace Thiago

If we are happy seeing what happens with our current plan, we get in one for the future and accept 2nd or 3rd which is still brilliant considering where we came from

Who is this top DM to come in that wins the league for us
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,512 posts | 223 
      Reply #79: Dec 18, 2023 10:01:51 pm

Who is this top DM to come in that wins the league for us

That’s not how football works, just because you sign a player doesn’t mean it’s instant win button. See Chelsea

What I’m saying is if we find a top player who can improve starting 11 right away, it can help increase our chances of trying to win as I said not win as you said.
      as we are beginning to struggle in midfield

I’m not sure what the purpose of your posts are tbh are you trying to imply there are no players available in January or the market or within our budget ?

I’m not attacking fsg, I don’t understand why you’re getting so defensive
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,159 posts | 261 
      Reply #80: Dec 18, 2023 10:56:06 pm

So why you spent almost 24 hours 365 days a year on a fan forum ?

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,140 posts | 3466 
      Reply #81: Dec 19, 2023 12:51:25 am
      That’s not how football works, just because you sign a player doesn’t mean it’s instant win button. See Chelsea

What I’m saying is if we find a top player who can improve starting 11 right away, it can help increase our chances of trying to win as I said not win as you said.
      as we are beginning to struggle in midfield

I’m not sure what the purpose of your posts are tbh are you trying to imply there are no players available in January or the market or within our budget ?

I’m not attacking fsg, I don’t understand why you’re getting so defensive

Who said anything about FSG 🤷‍♂️

Was just asking who is the Top DM you are talking about that the club should get in as opposed to the “one for the future” player that can arrive ?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,140 posts | 3466 
      Reply #82: Dec 19, 2023 12:51:42 am
      So why you spent almost 24 hours 365 days a year on a fan forum ?

I don’t 🤷‍♂️
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 769 posts | 130 
      Reply #83: Dec 19, 2023 10:41:58 am
      That Romano Fabrozio guy has us linked with Johan Bakayoko, Belgian winger/forward for PSV Eindhoven (42 appearances, 8 goals from 2022 to present). Apparently, a bid has been submitted. Anyone know much about him, seen him play?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,140 posts | 3466 
      Reply #84: Dec 19, 2023 11:24:48 am
      That Romano Fabrozio guy has us linked with Johan Bakayoko, Belgian winger/forward for PSV Eindhoven (42 appearances, 8 goals from 2022 to present). Apparently, a bid has been submitted. Anyone know much about him, seen him play?

No he doesn’t

It’s a fake account
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,512 posts | 223 
      Reply #85: Dec 19, 2023 08:35:28 pm
      Just realised endo might be gone for around a month from 10th of jan

I would be so so so surprised if we don’t get a dm/cm in January

That’s Thiago, baj and endo

That leaves us so short in cm to play with, can’t rely on players like jones at all and eliott seems to be an impact player only

It’s really important we get someone in imo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,131 posts | 83 
      Reply #86: Dec 19, 2023 09:44:26 pm
      Thiago and Baj should be close. We dont need just a DM like when we panic-bought a CB like Kabak back then. We need gold, we need a proven world class guy like when we bought VVD in January.
      Millsy75
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 311 posts | 47 
      Reply #87: Dec 19, 2023 10:28:04 pm
      Thiago and Baj should be close. We dont need just a DM like when we panic-bought a CB like Kabak back then. We need gold, we need a proven world class guy like when we bought VVD in January.
      id buy a genius playmaker,only thing we missed on sun,like a david silva
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,131 posts | 83 
      Reply #88: Dec 20, 2023 12:28:50 am
      Actually I think we are good offensively. What we really lack is a link between defense and offense - a DM like our Fabinho once was. I think if we could plug in 2019 Fabinho into this team we‘d be serious title contenders. Of course we‘d also need more luck on the injury front. Losing Thiago, Baj, Robbo and Jota for significant time is just a good excuse for Jürgen - and that is not meant sarcastically, I mean it. Therefore I am not worried, just disappointed for our bad luck.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,130 posts | 455 
      Reply #89: Dec 20, 2023 02:06:19 am
      Hey if we were serious about calceido then we should have at least 70m in our back pocket to get a DM, mmm.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,813 posts | 1406 
      Reply #90: Dec 20, 2023 03:12:36 am
      Looks like Donny boy is back to his usual make-sh*t-up-during-transfer-window mode.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 841 posts | 302 
      Reply #91: Dec 22, 2023 01:09:49 pm
      If the club do bring in someone it will be no one will have expected

Have we stopped trying to sign Andre? I assumed that he would be our only buy in the winter window.

Personally, I don't think we need anyone.

Quick Reply