Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 8th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W12 D4 L4

January Transfer rumors?

Read 16721 times
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,201 posts | 1100 
      Re: January Transfer rumors?
      Reply #115: Dec 31, 2023 04:42:27 pm
      Straight back out on loan in January?

Don't see a future for him here
      Agreed. Probably loan to the championship. Maybe a team like Burnley or Sheffield? Luton play too open for him
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,827 posts | 2457 
      Reply #116: Dec 31, 2023 05:04:38 pm

Klopp may have a different opinion.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 840 posts | 302 
      Reply #117: Dec 31, 2023 06:02:49 pm
      Yea.

Phillips for me was never at the level we needed anyway.

More a cult hero for a while with his performances while filling in.

I'd say Jürgen would sooner go with someone from the youth tanks if needed than bring Phillips back in.

I agree with you that Phillips is not at the level we need but he can be a good back up option to have on the bench. For the next 4-6 weeks we are effectively 2 CBs down due to Gomez covering at LB and Matip out for the season. I think we probably need to bring Robbo back gradually so Joe will probably spend the rest of the season as back up LB and RB, he'll probably not be able to have a lot of mins at CB. So we maybe only have 3 CBs for the rest of the season and Konate has had a lot of minor injuries.

It's a bit harsh on Phillips bringing him back to sit on the bench as he wants to play games but maybe we need him.
      The other options are to buy Matip or Tsimikas' replacement now, as Lallana in Pyjamas suggests (I don't know who that could be) or have a young player on the bench. Who do we have that could do that? The only ones I know are Williams and Van Der Berg but both are also on loan.
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 330 posts | 62 
      Reply #118: Dec 31, 2023 08:35:57 pm

It's where do we send him that's crucial, I mean look at Ross Barclay at the moment he looks like he's ripping the place up, but put him in our side he would struggle.

Fabio needs ro be one of the top talents at a club to shine, trouble is when he comes on for us there are 10 better players already on the pitch. Plus he doesn't have the strength our power to impose himself on a game.

Like I said it's crucial where he goes to help the lad develop. I would prefer him.to stay in England.

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,412 posts | 2835 
      Reply #119: Dec 31, 2023 10:27:11 pm
      Palhinha would be a game changer for me. Like him more every time I watch him.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,136 posts | 3464 
      Reply #120: Dec 31, 2023 10:30:34 pm

He is a very good player - seems a late bloomer

But can’t see us spending £60plus mil on a 29 year old
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 330 posts | 62 
      Reply #121: Dec 31, 2023 10:53:52 pm

Looks great in a Fulham side when they camp in and work in the break, I don't think he has the kegs to play the same role for us different skill set needed.
      Millsy75
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 311 posts | 47 
      Reply #122: Dec 31, 2023 11:01:21 pm
      Looks great in a Fulham side when they camp in and work in the break, I don't think he has the kegs to play the same role for us different skill set needed.
      no better than endo
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,459 posts | 3429 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #123: Dec 31, 2023 11:40:43 pm
       Not long until the moaning about not signing anybody in January can officially commence.
      Stoertebembel
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 290 posts | 64 
      Reply #124: Dec 31, 2023 11:46:34 pm
      Not long until the moaning about not signing anybody in January can officially commence.
      There will allways be moaning about this and that signing or not signing. or the egg price. or the weather. or woe.
      nice 2024 for all of you!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,136 posts | 3464 
      Reply #125: Jan 01, 2024 09:23:28 am
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,201 posts | 1100 
      Reply #126: Jan 01, 2024 03:40:54 pm
      Sounds like Carvalho will go back out on loan. Soton and Leicester showing interest. All this per Romano. I know most don't like him, but he's right more than most, and what he's saying makes a lot of sense
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,037 posts | 537 
      Reply #127: Jan 01, 2024 11:06:48 pm
      Supposedly we had a scout watching Olisse yesterday. Would make a lot of sense to me although it depends whether we think Mo is gonna be off in the summer. If we do, Olisse would be a good young natural replacement. Class player. Getting him in now would make sense with Mo away at Afcon, but only if we think Mo is away in the summer.

On Palinha, I really like him, think he'd be a great signing. But might be too pricey for a 28 year old. Again, though, if Mo is off in the summer, we could have a bit of cash to play with.

More likely we'll wait til the summer before moving on either a winger or a DM, but those are the 2 positions I'd be looking at.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,508 posts | 222 
      Reply #128: Jan 02, 2024 07:40:11 am
      I really don’t think we will buy an attacker as it’s really only for a month this season and klopp never works like that

Even a left back, I only see us getting one on loan and we have two but obviously injured and then it makes no sense as we always buy long term

Could see a cb coming in maybe but hopefully a lb on loan and a dm as I really don’t think Thiago will play this season
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,291 posts | 4939 
      Reply #129: Jan 02, 2024 09:18:34 am
      Can only really see a defender coming in as agree on the above we don't buy for the sake of a month etc unless it's someone we've been after anyway and can get in earlier.

Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,620 posts | 2159 
      Reply #130: Jan 02, 2024 11:32:52 am
      I really don’t think we will buy an attacker as it’s really only for a month this season and klopp never works like that

Even a left back, I only see us getting one on loan and we have two but obviously injured and then it makes no sense as we always buy long term

Could see a cb coming in maybe but hopefully a lb on loan and a dm as I really don’t think Thiago will play this season

We may buy an attacker if it’s salah’s replacement. I could see us going in for Olise at palace
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,620 posts | 2159 
      Reply #131: Jan 02, 2024 11:36:03 am
      Kimmich is evidently out of contract in the summer. I could see us being interested (and would love it). He’s a rolls Royce of a player who also puts his foot in. In the mean time I think Klopp is perfectly happy with Endo.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,136 posts | 3464 
      Reply #132: Jan 02, 2024 11:39:27 am
      Kimmich is evidently out of contract in the summer. I could see us being interested (and would love it). He’s a rolls Royce of a player who also puts his foot in. In the mean time I think Klopp is perfectly happy with Endo.

Apparently on his way to Madrid to replace Kroos
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3855 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #133: Jan 02, 2024 01:06:33 pm
      Apparently on his way to Madrid to replace Kroos

A shame as he'd be perfect at doing what Trent does as another option for that position/role.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,136 posts | 3464 
      Reply #134: Jan 02, 2024 03:59:53 pm
      A shame as he'd be perfect at doing what Trent does as another option for that position/role.

Just checking and his contract runs out next year
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,201 posts | 1100 
      Reply #135: Jan 02, 2024 04:35:47 pm
      If I had to guess, we will all rant and rave, and then the club will announce the signing of a left footed CB who no one saw coming. He will have a good career here and help us win numerous trophies.... :f_whistle:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,359 posts | 6399 
      Reply #136: Jan 02, 2024 04:55:32 pm
      I don't think we will sign anyone. Players should be coming back from injuries and we are top of the table. To me that's what either Klopp or the owners will look to when deciding if there need to be additions. I know some say we need to strengthen whenever we have the chance, and I'm certainly a fan of that mode of thinking, I just don't think we'll spend money in this window.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3855 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #137: Jan 02, 2024 05:03:21 pm
      I don't think we will sign anyone. Players should be coming back from injuries and we are top of the table. To me that's what either Klopp or the owners will look to when deciding if there need to be additions. I know some say we need to strengthen whenever we have the chance, and I'm certainly a fan of that mode of thinking, I just don't think we'll spend money in this window.

While I would have originally liked the club to sign a DM,
      I think the current injuries to Matip, Robbo & Tsimikas means
      the club could do with a left sided centre back.

Quick Reply