Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

January Transfer rumors?

Read 16201 times
      FL Red and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,244 posts | 922 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Re: January Transfer rumors?
      Reply #161: Jan 09, 2024 07:38:55 pm
      trent is 3 weeks max, which should only be 3-4 games, 2 of which are the semi final, possibly the FA cup game too.

Robbo and kostas back early feb.

just need to get thru the next month.

That’s providing no one else drops
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #162: Jan 10, 2024 09:10:12 am
      That’s providing no one else drops

True.

Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,702 posts | 150 
      Reply #163: Jan 10, 2024 11:47:12 am
      With Salah closing to renew according to the reports, I don't think we are buying any forward next summer unless we sell some of our forwards which is looking very unlikely. I would love to steal Olise from United but we legit have no space unless we sell one of our forwards.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,049 posts | 3431 
      Reply #164: Jan 10, 2024 12:20:46 pm
      With Salah closing to renew according to the reports, I don't think we are buying any forward next summer unless we sell some of our forwards which is looking very unlikely. I would love to steal Olise from United but we legit have no space unless we sell one of our forwards.

If Mo signs a new contract there is no need to sign someone and then keep developing Doak and Gordan
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #165: Jan 10, 2024 01:39:25 pm
      If Mo signs a new contract there is no need to sign someone and then keep developing Doak and Gordan

I'm not so sure.

I'd like someone more experienced for that right side as I think Mo can play further inside the longer his career goes with us. Also can play through the middle as well.

Arguement sake you sell Diaz and buy someone like Olise? I think that gives us better balance in those front three positions.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,049 posts | 3431 
      Reply #166: Jan 10, 2024 02:14:51 pm
      I'm not so sure.

I'd like someone more experienced for that right side as I think Mo can play further inside the longer his career goes with us. Also can play through the middle as well.

Arguement sake you sell Diaz and buy someone like Olise? I think that gives us better balance in those front three positions.

I think Diaz can cover those three roles as well - looked good at the weekend - Diaz will recover his form , it’s been a nightmare time for him. He is far better than Olise
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #167: Jan 10, 2024 02:20:16 pm

The question for management is how much can Mo be sold for and whether a cheaper and equally effective purchase like Robbo and Endo can be found for the winger/forward position, vis-à-vis the cost of him renewing his contact.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,049 posts | 3431 
      Reply #168: Jan 10, 2024 02:52:21 pm
      The question for management is how much can Mo be sold for and whether a cheaper and equally effective purchase like Robbo and Endo can be found for the winger/forward position, vis-à-vis the cost of him renewing his contact.

Why would they be even thinking of selling him
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #169: Jan 10, 2024 02:56:35 pm
      I think Diaz can cover those three roles as well - looked good at the weekend - Diaz will recover his form , it’s been a nightmare time for him. He is far better than Olise

Possibly mate.

Although he'd more natural from the left and we have Nunez, Gakpo and Jota who also more comfortable either central or from the left.

Ideal world I'd like another more senior player this summer who plays from the right side and lessen that need to play Mo every game or allow us to move Mo as well.

Even more ideal world is Doak or Gordon is that guy.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,049 posts | 3431 
      Reply #170: Jan 10, 2024 03:17:08 pm
      Possibly mate.

Although he'd more natural from the left and we have Nunez, Gakpo and Jota who also more comfortable either central or from the left.

Ideal world I'd like another more senior player this summer who plays from the right side and lessen that need to play Mo every game or allow us to move Mo as well.

Even more ideal world is Doak or Gordon is that guy.

I don’t see Mo being sat on the bench much regardless- he is a machine , no different to the likes of Ronaldo and Messi - he will just keep going.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #171: Jan 10, 2024 04:28:17 pm
      I don’t see Mo being sat on the bench much regardless- he is a machine , no different to the likes of Ronaldo and Messi - he will just keep going.

He could break a leg next game though so I think the need is still there. If there is a small gap in our attack is that natural fit for the left if and when Mo isn't there.

More overloaded on the left side.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,049 posts | 3431 
      Reply #172: Jan 10, 2024 04:52:39 pm
      He could break a leg next game though so I think the need is still there. If there is a small gap in our attack is that natural fit for the left if and when Mo isn't there.

More overloaded on the left side.

The issue is getting someone in who will be ok to be sitting there knowing that Mo will play week in week out - but it’s an area that will need looking at in the coming years
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #173: Jan 10, 2024 05:24:26 pm
      The issue is getting someone in who will be ok to be sitting there knowing that Mo will play week in week out - but it’s an area that will need looking at in the coming years

It's why personally I wouldn't be against sacrificing one of or other forwards to bring in someone who could play right and central.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,049 posts | 3431 
      Reply #174: Jan 10, 2024 05:36:32 pm
      It's why personally I wouldn't be against sacrificing one of or other forwards to bring in someone who could play right and central.

That’s where Diaz imo can come in - he showed he can play right and I think we may see him there
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #175: Jan 10, 2024 06:52:45 pm
      Leaving aside any squad-building conversations, I think Michael Olise is class, and on that basis alone would love him at LFC and then trust Klopp to make good use of him.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 298 
      Reply #176: Jan 10, 2024 11:16:08 pm

I don't think Klopp will sell any of the 1st team squad to bring in someone else; I don't think that is something that he does. When he brings in a player he generally trusts them throughout their contract, he appears to have strong principles around signing contracts.
      A few of the players he inherited were sold.
      Some players have decided to leave ( Phil, Hendo, Fabinho) and he does not force them to stay.
      A lot of players have run down their contract and left.
      A few of the younger players he signed have been sold as they are not good enough to progress to the first team. But I think those players were happy to go to get 1st team football.
      The only player that he bought as a starter that has been sold (that I can think of) is Karius.

I agree with your point, our main 5 forwards do all favour the left or centre except Mo. But I think it's very unlikely that Klopp will sell Diaz, Joto, any of them to generate funds to buy Olise or any other right sided player (unless they ask to leave)

KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,485 posts | 217 
      Reply #177: Jan 11, 2024 06:50:55 pm
      More I see how we are doing, I see no point in bringing anyone in now

We got a rb to cover for Trent and it makes no sense getting a lb on when two are back soon

And we are doing fine for cb

By mid feb we will have our starting team at its best so the lads just need to step up

In the summer keeping mo is important, one more season at least and hopefully another attacker next year steps up a level which will make the inevitable replacement of Mo seem seamless when the time is right

Still would like to see us finish the midfield re build in the summer

Thiago will go as will Matip, then a decision needs to be made

Do we sign a new rb and move Trent to midfield ? I am more inclined for this move or we buy a cm as I think we are one short with how intense we play

Also do we get a new cb because with everyone fit we do actually have 4 cbs

My view is we get a rb and convert Trent to a cm and that may possibly be us done for the summer
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,543 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #178: Jan 11, 2024 06:53:15 pm
      That’s where Diaz imo can come in - he showed he can play right and I think we may see him there

From the last couple of games, he's looked better and seems to be more involved once he comes over to the right... I'd play him there the next few games while Salah is away and see how it goes...
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,875 posts | 420 
      Reply #179: Jan 11, 2024 07:03:55 pm
      Usually I'd be saying we need cover here and there but really our problems are short term and unless there's a player who's going to be signed because they are class and will make us a better team now and in the future I think its just a case of hope the squad can cope this next 4-6 weeks.

This period is going to be a real slog I can just tell. Bournemouth away is tricky but then Arsenal and Chelsea that looks really hard for the current squad.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6725 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #180: Jan 11, 2024 11:40:26 pm

I thought he was at Crystal Palace.

Don't tell me you mean, he's being courted by those Manc cu*ts?
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,875 posts | 420 
      Reply #181: Jan 12, 2024 07:40:55 am
      Yeah the rumour is he is wanted by United
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #182: Jan 12, 2024 02:02:03 pm
      Sign Bruno from Newcastle.
      Help them out on the oul FFP.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #183: Jan 12, 2024 02:10:15 pm
      Sign Bruno from Newcastle.
      Help them out on the oul FFP.

Now there's an idea.

Superb footballer and looks like he'd fit with Jürgens style like a glove.

Quick Reply