Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

Pre-Match: Liverpool v Man United Sun 17th Dec 16:30 Kick Off

Read 6550 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,280 posts | 4938 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool v Man United Sun 17th Dec 16:30 Kick Off
      Reply #92: Dec 17, 2023 09:56:01 am
      Be a lot tougher a game than you might think.  They'll not want to give anything away in this one as it only heaps on the pressure.

We need to capitalise on City's poor run and take as many points as possible while they drop.

I'll get to watch this today for a change which is nice and not sure how Jürgen will go but id be inclined to play Gakpo ans Diaz and jeep Nunez from the bench.

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,653 posts | 3922 
      Reply #93: Dec 17, 2023 11:13:47 am
      Just back from my son’s U7 games that I coach. Won 3-2 and 5-4, so im in a F***ing good mood - please win Liverpool to top off a great weekend 🙏
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,549 posts | 1093 
      Reply #94: Dec 17, 2023 11:17:03 am
      Pressure all on us today. We need to deliver. The narrative built up all week in the press is that of an easy win ... we just need to turn up. They will be tough today ... and if we gift them the lead ...doubly tough.

Tear into them ... reopen those wounds and get the job done ensuring we head into the arsenal match top.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,490 posts | 220 
      Reply #95: Dec 17, 2023 11:29:45 am
      Treat the game with respect

Work like it’s a final but be respectful in how we attack and defend. Don’t assume they won’t do anything. Yes they will make the bus but we can smash through it

One goal is what we need and they will drop

Treat them with respect but make them suffer again
      RedBelle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 815 posts | 134 
      Reply #96: Dec 17, 2023 11:51:56 am
      Just because the world and his dog are saying it's going to be a walk in the park for us today doesn't mean it's going to be!
      Desperate for a win and a good performance and need everyone to be on their game without over confidence and arrogance today.
      Lots of pressure on them but just the same amount on us I think. They're going to be like wounded animals after recent results so we need to make sure we quieten their growling and stifle them from the start and send them back down the East Lancs with their tails between their legs again.
      This is Anfield, This is Liverpool and This Means More!
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,175 posts | 525 
      Reply #97: Dec 17, 2023 12:35:31 pm
      Just because the world and his dog are saying it's going to be a walk in the park for us today doesn't mean it's going to be!
      Desperate for a win and a good performance and need everyone to be on their game without over confidence and arrogance today.
      Lots of pressure on them but just the same amount on us I think. They're going to be like wounded animals after recent results so we need to make sure we quieten their growling and stifle them from the start and send them back down the East Lancs with their tails between their legs again.
      This is Anfield, This is Liverpool and This Means More!

Good post Belle,
      Can't add much to that apart from I would take a scrappy 1-0. Just get the 3 points Redmen.
      Harrisimo

• 8,296 posts | 1403 
      Reply #98: Dec 17, 2023 12:41:35 pm
      Could argue that there is very little pressure on them, and Tenner might think it's a 'free go' for them. Strange sort build up to this game with the footie world expecting us to wipe the floor with them.

But we can deal with it and once it kicks off all the pre game nonsense goes out the winder.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,580 posts | 391 
      Reply #99: Dec 17, 2023 01:16:19 pm
      They’re absolutely sh*te and I’m nervous as F**k. Stupid game.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,953 posts | 5011 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #100: Dec 17, 2023 01:20:44 pm
      Haahahha maybe mate, but it's more just the sight of them that makes me feel ill.

I’m the same mate, when I look at the avatar of that fat camel shagging ugly Manc fuckpig Keith, he’s dodgy as F**k mate, watch him, a face only his Ma would pretend to love, the pr**k, what kind of supporter fucks  off to the desert on a jolly with his noisy neighbours when his mediocre mates need him and his fellow delinquents the most………. I mean what KUNT !!! 🤪

4-0 Mighty Redmen

YNWA
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,953 posts | 5011 
      Reply #101: Dec 17, 2023 01:51:37 pm
      Funny thing football, I’ve woken this morning with a massive grin, unusual for me, usually I’m a miserable f***in tw*t until I’ve had some scran and liven up, but today it feels like something special might happen, not sure what the F**k it could be but whatever it is has made me look like 1950’s Chrysler’s grill,

Seven we bagged last season, could history repeat itself ? Why the F**k not ?  we certainly got the tools that’s for sure and they are in a proper sh*t state, compounded by losing their champion toy chucker Bruno, their head Donkey Maguire, over reliant on a Irish Cart horse, who has made more come backs than Bobby Ewing(kids ask yer Ma’s) and the rest just more or less look after themselves 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

A Battering is afoot I hear you cry, well, I’ll be f***in crying alright, with Laughter once we put these mediocre monsters and complete no hopers back in their rightful spot, in amongst the useless kunts of the EPL, relegation candidates have more fight in them than this lot of Manc tw*ts,

Tbh, I’m not too bothered so long as we bag the 3 points, a rebound off Onana’s arse in a one niller will do me, of course handing out a complete annihilation is much more entertaining and fun and I think most will expect exactly that, be nice wouldn’t it ?? 😁😜

YNWA
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 561 posts | 112 
      Reply #102: Dec 17, 2023 01:59:59 pm
      Slightly concerned at al the bullshit being spouted in the media about how poor they are and how they expect a cricket score. They're doing ten bagman's team talk for him. These cnuts will be even more fired up than usual and I full expect them to clatter anything in red (especially that carthorse Mctominay). We need to be prepared to fight tooth and nail today. Just win Liverpool.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,555 posts | 1669 
      • YNWA
      Reply #103: Dec 17, 2023 02:09:01 pm
      Can't recall United fans I know EVER being so negative about a LFC v Utd match. And that says something given some of their form in recent years.
      Couple of them saying they won't be watching, is how little they expect from this one. Coming off two poor defeats, ratboy captain suspended and the injuries they have.

Have to think the only thing that would stop 3 points is if we start believing what everyone is saying, how easy this will be, and we get complacent.
      And we have been guilty of tuning out a bit in games.

We were schooled midweek, albeit against a decent team with a lot of young lads, but we should've lost by a lot more than 2-1, sobering watch, so keep that in mind and go out and bounce back from that performance.

We're top of the table. Long way to go, but still, it's in our hands, let's try keep it that way and go out and perform.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,884 posts | 421 
      Reply #104: Dec 17, 2023 02:19:55 pm
      United pride will kick in here. They were pumped for 7 last season and when we did similar to Bournemouth the next time we played them they beat us. Their professional pride will kick in today snd their differences with their manager will be pit to one side for the weekend. We have to be ready for a big fight today and if we are then we can win and win well.

I'm struggling to think what team we have battered this year to be fair.
      « Last Edit: Dec 17, 2023 02:28:57 pm by __Tickle__ »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,048 posts | 2725 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #105: Dec 17, 2023 02:26:29 pm

I’m the same mate, when I look at the avatar of that fat camel shagging ugly Manc fuckpig Keith, he’s dodgy as F**k mate, watch him, a face only his Ma would pretend to love, the pr**k, what kind of supporter fucks  off to the desert on a jolly with his noisy neighbours when his mediocre mates need him and his fellow delinquents the most………. I mean what KUNT !!! 🤪

4-0 Mighty Redmen

YNWA

I’ll change avatar tonite when we knock you off your perch you scouse fuckwit 🖕🖕🖕 I’m staying up for the match so hopefully a few winde up if we tw@t you 🤪🤪🤪
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,252 posts | 924 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #106: Dec 17, 2023 02:27:48 pm
      See the ladies beat United today
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,048 posts | 2725 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #107: Dec 17, 2023 02:29:14 pm

And?
      Don77

• 6,549 posts | 1093 
      Reply #108: Dec 17, 2023 02:31:56 pm

Yeah I watched it. They lost 6-0 there last season and avenged it today with a 2-1 win. Let's hope its not an omen and the opposite happens later
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,127 posts | 453 
      Reply #109: Dec 17, 2023 02:41:29 pm
      Woke up bricking it not gonna lie… hate when were heavy favourites…

It is always the case with utd.  (Close your eyes Keith) it is the fixture we desperately want to win the most!  Now open them.  You lot are sh*t.   They going to park a double decker bus and take the odd risk on counter attack.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,048 posts | 2725 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #110: Dec 17, 2023 02:45:15 pm
      It is always the case with utd.  (Close your eyes Keith) it is the fixture we desperately want to win the most!  Now open them.  You lot are sh*t.   They going to park a double decker bus and take the odd risk on counter attack.

All out attack tonite kk  :f_whistle:
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,953 posts | 5011 
      Reply #111: Dec 17, 2023 03:00:13 pm
      I’ll change avatar tonite when we knock you off your perch you scouse fuckwit 🖕🖕🖕 I’m staying up for the match so hopefully a few winde up if we tw@t you 🤪🤪🤪

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

tw*t us ? That’s the most dumb ass statement I believe that has ever spewed out of that hole in yer face, you know only too well you’re heading for hammering, only question is..by how many? …there once was a time when a trip to old toilet would be full of trepidation and maybe even fear, but not this version of Utd,

I keep banging the same drum, you’re lot have went full circle, back to the state that was Utd pre Fergie, useless, clueless, rudderless, no cohesion, no unity, hopeless, leaderless and totally pointless, oh did I mention you’re sh*t at football !!!!

Keep dreaming Sand boy!!!

YNWA

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,255 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #112: Dec 17, 2023 03:03:13 pm
      Tadders

• 6,790 posts | 574 
      Reply #113: Dec 17, 2023 03:08:08 pm
      It’s a derby and will be fierce  hope darwin has his shooting boots on
      Harrisimo

• 8,296 posts | 1403 
      Reply #114: Dec 17, 2023 03:10:59 pm
      It’s a derby and will be fierce  hope darwin has his shooting boots on

Yeah needs a cracker somewhere along the line. His aggression and pace get him chances.Just has to start converting at a much higher ratio.

Quick Reply