Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 8th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W12 D4 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Arsenal?

Alisson Becker
      1 (1.4%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      6 (8.7%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      24 (34.8%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      6 (8.7%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)
      Wataru Endo
      21 (30.4%)
      Dominik Szoboszlai
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      1 (1.4%)
      Cody Gakpo
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      5 (7.2%)
      Luis Diaz
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      5 (7.2%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Voting closed: Dec 27, 2023 07:26:09 pm

Liverpool 1-1 Arsenal: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 10783 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,360 posts | 6399 
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Arsenal: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #345: Dec 23, 2023 07:31:14 pm
      Honestly we should have won that. Score flattered Arsenal. We just weren’t clinical but we are once again battling injuries and don’t really have our best available.

We really miss Robbo and now we are going to miss Kostas too.

Midfield injuries aren’t helping us either and would have been nice to have Jota available.

We honestly haven’t looked our best for awhile and we aren’t really losing any ground so that’s the silver lining for me.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,796 posts | 575 
      Reply #346: Dec 23, 2023 07:31:29 pm
      Utd back to getting beat - we are just going to have to win a few away games - we are not by any means firing and second in the league and in a semi final
      Millsy75
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 311 posts | 47 
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Arsenal
      Reply #347: Dec 23, 2023 07:31:34 pm
      Szobo should have gone with Jones kept on.
      Wrong sub
      jones is made of glass and he played midweek,you have to manage him
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,511 posts | 223 
      Reply #348: Dec 23, 2023 07:31:45 pm
      Gakpo and Diaz.... just worrrying beyond belief.

Yup, we have a quality issue right now up top

We got the numbers but it’s obvious to see everyone bar Salah isn’t up to the level we need imo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,131 posts | 83 
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Arsenal
      Reply #349: Dec 23, 2023 07:31:51 pm

No problem, the ball bobbled, hard to hit it clean. We need a better offensive system. We look awfully random there too often. Actually we didnt play better than vs. ManU, Arsenal just not parked the bus, so we naturally got more room to roam.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,375 posts | 783 
      Reply #350: Dec 23, 2023 07:32:48 pm
      Bit more care with the final pass and we'd have got the 3 points...Still, there's no excuse for Trent missing that open goal..I couldn't believe my eyes.
      The fannying around from the Alisson does my head in... sometimes you just need to launch it up the pitch. Gravenberch looks rubbish btw.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,131 posts | 83 
      Reply #351: Dec 23, 2023 07:33:32 pm
      Honestly we should have won that. Score flattered Arsenal. We just weren’t clinical but we are once again battling injuries and don’t really have our best available.

We really miss Robbo and now we are going to miss Kostas too.

Midfield injuries aren’t helping us either and would have been nice to have Jota available.

We honestly haven’t looked our best for awhile and we aren’t really losing any ground so that’s the silver lining for me.

That is actually a positive. We are 2nd in the league and looking forward to a bunch of quality guys to come back: Jota, Robbo, Baj, Thiago.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,363 posts | 1538 
      Reply #352: Dec 23, 2023 07:33:59 pm
      So pissed off with that second half. For 20 mins we were all over them, last 25 we couldn’t put two passes together.
      What changed so much. Certainly not the subs, it declined before they came on.
      Just can’t see why our performance dropped off so much for no apparent reason 🤷‍♂️
      It’s not like arse forced it, our passing was way off, our control of the ball was sh*te, first touch deserted us, lost almost every second ball. 😱
      What causes that FFS !
      Tadders

• 6,796 posts | 575 
      Reply #353: Dec 23, 2023 07:34:01 pm
      The worry is that jota takes about 4 games to get back up to speed - it would been ideal with an easy fa cup game but we got the second hardest game you can get
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,202 posts | 1100 
      Reply #354: Dec 23, 2023 07:34:07 pm
      Salah and Szobo God awful today. Diaz has been God awful all year. This time of year always gets us. Need Macca back soon l. Will be nice to se3 him play further forward.

Gonna need to sip into the market if we wanna close the gap. We're not far off.

Tsimikas out for a while I fear. Need to get a left footed CB.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,563 posts | 1670 
      • YNWA
      Reply #355: Dec 23, 2023 07:34:22 pm
      Will take a point.
      After TAA's miss [5 on 2 overlap] and the subs coming on, we got very scrappy and they looked the better team.
      Gravenberch did nothing when he came on, and Szobo was already poor, so had zero control in the middle.
      Nunez did OK, would've had him on sooner even, looked lively, but again up front, really didn't do enough. Apart from Mo's goal [which was a cracker in fairness to him] thought Mo was just OK, Gapko and Diaz though really didn't impose themselves on the game at all.
      Went for VVD MOTM, back 4 did well enough as did Endo again.

Much better point than last week, dropping 2 pts to Utd was an awful result.

Just not quite there. But we didn't loose. Still in the hunt  :)
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,131 posts | 83 
      Reply #356: Dec 23, 2023 07:35:03 pm

Jury still out on him but I am as skeptical as with Gakpo. But then give him some time, remember Robbo or Fabinho and how long they took.
      rossyred

• 9,303 posts | 1668 
      Reply #357: Dec 23, 2023 07:35:08 pm
      Gakpo and Diaz.... just worrrying beyond belief. Not good enough.

Couldn't believe people.screaming for Gakpo, Nunez all day long for me problem is people just focus on his goal drought and miss the bigger picture
      Tadders

• 6,796 posts | 575 
      Reply #358: Dec 23, 2023 07:35:33 pm
      Still can’t get over Trent’s miss
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,580 posts | 391 
      Reply #359: Dec 23, 2023 07:35:34 pm
      Honestly the quality of our play on the ball right now is so weird. Szoboszlai again absolutely awful. Gravenberch was like a lad out of the crowd had been thrown on. Could barely control the ball. Diaz hugely concerning.
      paulow63
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 678 posts | 89 
      Reply #360: Dec 23, 2023 07:35:54 pm
      Genuine question here that hopefully someone who was at the match can answer, what is the atmosphere like coming from the top tier of the Annie Road end because on the TV if anything the atmosphere feels worst. A good first twenty minutes today but no cauldron of a noise at all.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 863 
      Reply #361: Dec 23, 2023 07:36:06 pm
      It wouldn't be outlandish to argue we should've won this one with Trent missing that chance, but its a draw against a very good team.

Endo just keeps impressing me more and more. Today was his first game against top opposition (was not really tested in big games before that) and he was fantastic. VVD, Konate and Gomez were all fantastic. Trent also played a great game and Salah is once again the difference between us getting on the score sheet or not.

Special mention to Jones and Szobo who were both very good. I thought taking off Jones was not a good sub to be honest, but it might've been an energy thing. Szobo was very good, but a bit unlucky with the final action.

I'd also like to say that we need to be better on set-pieces. Coming into this game that was one of the points I was very scared of because Arsenal are very good on them and we've been very shaky all season. 3 minutes in we had conceded a goal from a set-piece and in those types of games thats' the difference between walking away with all 3 points or not.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,131 posts | 83 
      Reply #362: Dec 23, 2023 07:37:04 pm
      I also say this: if there is some shot in January to get some class player we need to act. I do not think we need to sign, but if some window opens we need to splash out money and not too late like in the case of Caicedo.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,079 posts | 2112 
      Reply #363: Dec 23, 2023 07:37:32 pm
      Last 30 minutes of the second half I thought we became really sloppy with our passes. As already stated, the subs didn’t do too much to help.

Still in this title race!!!!!

Elliott and Nunez were the right subs but didn't get to impact in the way they wanted to.

Don't think anyone would have complained about Gravenberch coming on but when he did he was absolutely dire. His inability to pick up the ball and his slack play all round ensured we lost control of the midfield big time. Slightly disappointed to see Nunez stuck on the left all that time. Would have liked to see him do stuff down the middle.

A point isn't a bad result especially against this high flying Arsenal side. But I can't help to think that the win was there for us if we sought it out a bit more. Certain players need to step up quickly. Gakpo and Diaz especially who once again

This is a team that has scored a good few goals already this season. But imagine where we'd be with players that weren't Diaz and Gakpo. Probably top of the league by a good margin.

I thought defensively we were excellent. Never mind Saliba, I thought Virgil was utterly peerless. Gomez had a couple of sloppy moments getting up to speed but he really ascended to the challenge of defending up against Saka. And he offered an attacking outlet. He's having a quietly impressive season is Joe. Konate - good in the end though still has a tendency to let the ball bounce and invite pressure with some needless behaviour. I think it's bizarre that he's ahead of Virgil in the MOTM poll in all honesty. Trent - could have rolled it in for 2-1 but defensively as good as I've seen him for a long time. He showed his range with some superb balls into the front three. Unfortunately, Gakpo is simply not on the level to receive and make the most of them.

Endo was really good until Gravenberch decided to F**k up the dynamic in midfield. Szobo was sloppy late on but he provided the industry and work rate that is making us so hard to beat. He'll rediscover his range but his work rate alone means he is a must in the first eleven.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,563 posts | 1670 
      • YNWA
      Reply #364: Dec 23, 2023 07:37:34 pm
      Still can’t get over Trent’s miss

Don't know what he was doing side footing it, get over it and put the laces through it.  Bad miss :(
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,375 posts | 783 
      Reply #365: Dec 23, 2023 07:37:44 pm
      But they were the better team in the second half.We did not increase the intensity. Trent was a tiny bit casual just stroking it in when you have to be very deliberate with your strike. But a draw against a very very good side isn't a disgrace.
      As they say the goal never moves....You can't be missing those.
      Ddecker
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 137 posts | 50 
      Reply #366: Dec 23, 2023 07:40:48 pm
      Joe looks like he really want a goal
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,360 posts | 6399 
      Reply #367: Dec 23, 2023 07:41:36 pm
      Oh yea and that was a handball 1000%.

There is no excuse for calling that the way it was called.

Quick Reply