Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

Managerial Shortlist

Read 59474 times
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,204 posts | 1101 
      Re: Managerial Shortlist
      Reply #1587: Apr 28, 2024 05:00:02 am
      Here's Uncle Bob's Honours List:

First Division: 6
      (1975-76, 1976-77, 1978-79, 1979-80, 1981-82, 1982-83)

European Cup: 3
      (1977, 1978, 1981)

UEFA Cup: 1
      (1976)

League Cup: 3
      (1981, 1982, 1983)

UEFA Súper Cup: 1
      (1977)

Charity Shield: 6
      (1974, 1976, 1977, 1979, 1980, 1982)

That's just jaw-dropping.
      And did while not getting 115 ffp sanctions. Dudes the goat
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,299 posts | 4944 
      Reply #1588: Apr 28, 2024 06:42:46 am
      Why is this still open. ? Manager is sorted

He hasn't agreed terms yet I'm pretty sure so not 100% sorted just yet.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,961 posts | 5018 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1589: Apr 28, 2024 08:51:07 am
      Take the blinkers off and you’ll work it out. 😂

Only f**ker wearing blinkers is you fat lad, you’re just like that Cnut with numbers for a avatar you’re Wummery is shining thru,
      But we can take it from you being a MUtant so it’s kind of expected, Oh and while I’m still here, I’ll take the opportunity to congratulate you on winning our bet, even though mathematically we could still finish above Arse, highly unlikely granted but while there’s a chance don’t get the bunting out just yet ?

So Congratulations………ya Fanny !! 😜🤣🤣

YNWA
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,155 posts | 3466 
      Reply #1590: Apr 28, 2024 10:51:49 am
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,144 posts | 2743 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1591: Apr 28, 2024 10:59:30 am

Only f**ker wearing blinkers is you fat lad, you’re just like that Cnut with numbers for a avatar you’re Wummery is shining thru,
      But we can take it from you being a MUtant so it’s kind of expected, Oh and while I’m still here, I’ll take the opportunity to congratulate you on winning our bet, even though mathematically we could still finish above Arse, highly unlikely granted but while there’s a chance don’t get the bunting out just yet ?

So Congratulations………ya Fanny !! 😜🤣🤣

YNWA

Doesn’t matter what happens now 😂 I let you cash out coz I’m a pussy and did you a favour 😂🖕🖕 Would be funny though if Arsenal did what you’ve been saying for months and bottled the last couple of games and you pip them/us!!!!  You can’t get your money back now I’ve sent it off to a good cause 😂😂😂

PS… Congrats excepted. 🤪🤪🤪
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,961 posts | 5018 
      Reply #1592: Apr 28, 2024 11:57:50 am
      Doesn’t matter what happens now 😂 I let you cash out coz I’m a pussy and did you a favour 😂🖕🖕 Would be funny though if Arsenal did what you’ve been saying for months and bottled the last couple of games and you pip them/us!!!!  You can’t get your money back now I’ve sent it off to a good cause 😂😂😂

PS… Congrats excepted. 🤪🤪🤪

As ever, the clever dick, thx ya dick 🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🖕🖕
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,321 posts | 1408 
      Reply #1593: Apr 28, 2024 01:27:57 pm
      First box to tick for Arnie is a cut throat dead eyed striker. A professional hit man. One job and one job only - put the ball in the f'kin net.

We've got Jota but we need another 100% out and out goalscorer. Think he should play Danns in the last 3. Has to think of the future. We basically need 1 point. What harm would it do. Last 3 aren't high pressure games so give Danns a chance. Arnie will be watching all our games.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,308 posts | 2852 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1594: Apr 28, 2024 01:31:45 pm
      First box to tick for Arnie is a cut throat dead eyed striker. A professional hit man. One job and one job only - put the ball in the f'kin net.

We've got Jota but we need another 100% out and out goalscorer. Think he should play Danns in the last 3. Has to think of the future. We basically need 1 point. What harm would it do. Last 3 aren't high pressure games so give Danns a chance. Arnie will be watching all our games.

Lad at Feyenoord now has a goodrep, Mexican Gimenez
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,155 posts | 3466 
      Reply #1595: Apr 28, 2024 01:34:01 pm
      Lad at Feyenoord now has a goodrep, Mexican Gimenez

He has done well - certainly young , quick and holds the ball up but not sure if he is a heavy scorer as such

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,308 posts | 2852 
      Reply #1596: Apr 28, 2024 01:39:12 pm
      He has done well - certainly young , quick and holds the ball up but not sure if he is a heavy scorer as such

Holding the ball up would be the 2md biggest trait, after scoring, id look for in whatever striker we bring in, an aerial threat would be helpful also
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,155 posts | 3466 
      Reply #1597: Apr 28, 2024 01:41:19 pm
      Holding the ball up would be the 2md biggest trait, after scoring, id look for in whatever striker we bring in, an aerial threat would be helpful also

Last I saw was that it was looking very likely that he would be moving to Atletico to replace Morata
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,231 posts | 1223 
      Reply #1598: Apr 28, 2024 06:02:15 pm
      Who did the interview? I thought Edwards starts 1st June? Was it Zoom/Teams followed by in person?
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,350 posts | 289 
      Reply #1599: Apr 28, 2024 06:46:19 pm
      My mate messaged me saying " you called me a dickhead ( I didn't ) when I said we should have re-signed Firmino on loan in December"😂

I said we wouldn't do it because it's not what we do...might have been a decent shout in the end we have zero composure...F**k sake

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,828 posts | 6776 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1600: Apr 29, 2024 12:50:13 am

+11
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,466 posts | 4591 
      Reply #1601: Apr 29, 2024 08:56:18 am
      Has Slot signed yet?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,155 posts | 3466 
      Reply #1602: Apr 29, 2024 07:32:11 pm
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,527 posts | 1516 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #1603: Apr 29, 2024 08:49:33 pm
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1802 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1604: Apr 29, 2024 10:38:35 pm

I'd say, keeping clean sheets again is no.1 priority.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,131 posts | 83 
      Reply #1605: Apr 30, 2024 01:37:44 am
      I'd say, keeping clean sheets again is no.1 priority.

That is not a priority. But Klopp's tenure proved that you cannot assume to succeed in the long run by outscoring your opponent. Defense wins championships. We need to get fewer goals and that starts with gettin into fewer dangerous situations and that starts with playing either lower line or smarter high line.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,160 posts | 261 
      Reply #1606: Apr 30, 2024 01:50:28 am
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,961 posts | 5018 
      Reply #1607: Apr 30, 2024 02:56:07 pm
      The more I learn about this fella the more I’m warming to him, he seems to do the stuff Jürgen does motivationally and that’s a huge box ticked, it’s said he handles the press very well too, another box ticked, when he took over at Feyenord he gathered everyone around and said he’ll be communicating in English so everyone wouldn’t understand where he’s at,

You have to laugh at the wankstains in the press & media though,  they’re already mapping out who he should and could sign and who’ll likely to be shown the door, Tossers !!

The main point I’m understanding is his willingness to press and play exciting attacking football, so he’ll be right at home won’t he, his tool box already has some of the components required and no doubt he’ll want to add a few more, especially when he sees our midfielders, we will obviously see new faces but how many will depend on whether Mo stays or goes, he with a few others has had a drop off in form of late, however a good rest and a fresh start with a new plan might just be what the Doctor orders,

Personally I think it’s probably a good time to cash in, and use the money to rebuild, but if he does stay, then great we go again as the cliche says !!

It might be too early yet but the reports I’ve read all give a very positive light on Arne, so hopefully they are right and FSG et al may have certainly pulled another rabbit!!

YNWA
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,308 posts | 2852 
      Reply #1608: Apr 30, 2024 03:04:30 pm
      I think all this fella needs is the element of dickhead support we have not to be all over twitter etc if we dont win a few games early on

Give the lad plenty of time to get his ideas across and bed in whatever new players arrive

Can see the bellends now giving it large by October if were not top
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,155 posts | 3466 
      Reply #1609: Apr 30, 2024 03:25:27 pm
      I think all this fella needs is the element of dickhead support we have not to be all over twitter etc if we dont win a few games early on

Give the lad plenty of time to get his ideas across and bed in whatever new players arrive

Can see the bellends now giving it large by October if were not top
      They are already all over him mate

There are planktons already coming out with “slot out”

And the Corbally brothers are right in the middle of it all

Quick Reply