Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Managerial Shortlist

Read 66815 times
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,328 posts | 773 
      Re: Managerial Shortlist
      Reply #943: Apr 09, 2024 02:03:50 pm
      100% David and I think Liverpool will have the same problem mate, they were cut out of the same mode those two. ā¤ļø

I am sure you are looking forward to reaching the final, or the Utd fans, will really send Ten Hag to Coventry.

Oh sorry for the pun Keith !
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,285 posts | 2765 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #944: Apr 09, 2024 02:07:28 pm
      I am sure you are looking forward to reaching the final, or the Utd fans, will really send Ten Hag to Coventry.

Oh sorry for the pun Keith !

😂 Not a problem mate itā€™s all fun and games, probably make hard work of beating them if we do. 🤦ā€ā™‚ļø We wonā€™t get passed the noisy neighbours though. 🤢
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,248 posts | 1226 
      Reply #945: Apr 09, 2024 02:13:39 pm
      Looking like Amorim. Any Portuguese reds able to give any insight into how his teams play and what he's like as a character?
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,627 posts | 2161 
      Reply #946: Apr 09, 2024 04:29:24 pm
      I think perhaps you miss my point.  That being, Alonso has proved that he didn't need prior success to go on and be a success. Leverkusen took a gamble on him with no record at all and he's proven to be more than capable...hence loads of clubs wanting him.

Hi mate, I think for a club in the Leverkusen bracket itā€™s absolutely fine to take a flyer on an inexperienced Manager with no prior success. But for the big clubs (or just for us!) I personally feel ā€˜track recordā€™ and proof of success is critical.

Amorim doesnā€™t exactly have a vast amount of experience either tbh BUT it looks like two League titles back to back plus a cup win on his resume so Iā€™m content albeit a bit nervous (arenā€™t we all).

Itā€™s good to see that he speaks English fluently (I watched one of his press conferences earlier). I wouldnā€™t be so keen on a manager who speaks broken pigeon English like Ten Haag or to a lesser extent Unai Emery. I think fluency is really important.
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #947: Apr 09, 2024 05:44:28 pm
      The most important criteria for a manager is WIN. Thatā€™s what Bobby Robson told Erikson when he was concerned about taking over England as a foreigner.

As long as the manager is able to win games, all other factors would pale in comparison. But achieving a big win % is hard.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,626 posts | 761 
      Reply #948: Apr 09, 2024 05:49:36 pm
      Itā€™s possible ( just a guess ) he may think heā€™s not ready for such a big job. Or! Thereā€™s only one way the club goes from when Klopp leaves, down hill?

thats a lack of ambition m8
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 580 posts | 115 
      Reply #949: Apr 09, 2024 06:59:13 pm
      From another LFC forum....

Today 09:56 AM
      A friend with a reliable source inside the club has told me the Amorim deal to be our next manager is now confirmed.

Okay well that's it settled then!  :lmao:
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 840 posts | 142 
      Reply #950: Apr 09, 2024 09:06:44 pm
      My mate's taxi driver has confirmed it...

IT'S ON.!!!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,984 posts | 5042 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #951: Apr 10, 2024 05:08:49 am
      Alonso showed lack of ambition if you ask me. Pep took over Barca with little experience and grabbed the opportunity by the scruff of the neck. What's Xabi scared of?

Bullshit,
      Pep took over a ready made team and didnā€™t have to build, just as he has with every club heā€™s managed, he simply buys players that suit the system he then uses,

Alonso has built his Leverkusen team and got them within a whisker of the Bundesliga title and ard in the Europa Q finals,
      I actually admire his loyalty even though I wanted him here, it shows heā€™s totally committed to his project and is likely to see it through, heā€™ll obviously gain invaluable experience on his journey and if all the stars align maybe in a few years he could possibly still manage us ??

YNWA
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,984 posts | 5042 
      Reply #952: Apr 10, 2024 05:30:05 am
      100% David and I think Liverpool will have the same problem mate, they were cut out of the same mode those two. ā¤ļø

Listen F**k nuts, JĆ¼rgen isnā€™t leaving Liverpool in a f***in sh*t state like old bacon face did with youā€™re lot,
      He let his squad deplete in the last 2/3 years of his tenureā€¦ā€¦and then highly recommended Moyes be his successorā€¦. a manager who had won F**k all domestically, with no experience of European football and was as useful as tits on a fish,

Why would you do that ? After all those years of love and dedication to the OT faithful, why would you leave the club that truly made your name and all the success you had,  in such a perilous condition, why ?
      In Kloppā€™s case heā€™s leaving the club on the periphery of another successful era, heā€™s built a new bright and shiny midfield and attack, and reinforced the defence, has created a monster of a academy turning out player after player who otherwise would have been sold on for a sh*te fee, but instead has given them the opportunity to play for LFC and put them in the shop window,
      Ferguson only looks after himself, he didnā€™t exactly show the same love care or attention when he decided to F**k off did he ?

So no, yer wrong dipshit, we wonā€™t be falling, failing like your lot did, although I will agree that JĆ¼rgen Klopp is irreplaceable !!  Ya pr**k !!
       xxxxx:action-smiley-065: 🖕🖕🏿🖕🏽🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

YNWA
      « Last Edit: Apr 10, 2024 05:48:41 am by billythered »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,285 posts | 2765 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #953: Apr 10, 2024 08:08:26 am

Listen F**k nuts, JĆ¼rgen isnā€™t leaving Liverpool in a f***in sh*t state like old bacon face did with youā€™re lot,
      He let his squad deplete in the last 2/3 years of his tenureā€¦ā€¦and then highly recommended Moyes be his successorā€¦. a manager who had won F**k all domestically, with no experience of European football and was as useful as tits on a fish,

Why would you do that ? After all those years of love and dedication to the OT faithful, why would you leave the club that truly made your name and all the success you had,  in such a perilous condition, why ?
      In Kloppā€™s case heā€™s leaving the club on the periphery of another successful era, heā€™s built a new bright and shiny midfield and attack, and reinforced the defence, has created a monster of a academy turning out player after player who otherwise would have been sold on for a sh*te fee, but instead has given them the opportunity to play for LFC and put them in the shop window,
      Ferguson only looks after himself, he didnā€™t exactly show the same love care or attention when he decided to F**k off did he ?

So no, yer wrong dipshit, we wonā€™t be falling, failing like your lot did, although I will agree that JĆ¼rgen Klopp is irreplaceable !!  Ya pr**k !!
       xxxxx:action-smiley-065: 🖕🖕🏿🖕🏽🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

YNWA

Listen you fcukwit!
      Who said Klopp was leaving Liverpool in a state?? Can you not read you pr!ck? I merely state (( QUOTE )) whoever comes in wonā€™t replace Klopp. Itā€™s not fcuking rocket science 🤔 but then to you maybe it is. 🥸

Typical wool comment trying to pass the buck on the greatest manager that ever grace English football, even calling your own makes you a traitor 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🖕😂

Youā€™ll twist anything to make it look like it was Fergies fault. He recommended Moyes yes, however, itā€™s not Fergies fault Moyes fcuked up. Fergie left him with a team that just won the Premier league, what more can you do than that? Go and make yourself a scotch haggis pie you kunt. 🖕
      Scottbot

• 9,627 posts | 2161 
      Reply #954: Apr 10, 2024 08:10:03 am

Bullshit,
      Pep took over a ready made team and didnā€™t have to build, just as he has with every club heā€™s managed, he simply buys players that suit the system he then uses,

Alonso has built his Leverkusen team and got them within a whisker of the Bundesliga title and ard in the Europa Q finals,
      I actually admire his loyalty even though I wanted him here, it shows heā€™s totally committed to his project and is likely to see it through, heā€™ll obviously gain invaluable experience on his journey and if all the stars align maybe in a few years he could possibly still manage us ??

YNWA

I agree, I think Xabi wants to see how his team competes in the Champions League next season. Heā€™s not stupid, he knows heā€™s hot property in the Manager stakes, even if they have a drop off next season. If Amorim struggles he may well be in the job a season down the line or perhaps he goes to RM. I am gutted though, he would have fitted the job perfectly. Mind you, who really wants to follow Klopp!? Not exactly an easy task. I know we Lfc fans tend to love and worship our Managers and Klopp (for me) is the one I have loved and adored the most in my 49 years. Itā€™s going to take a special manager to replace him.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,285 posts | 2765 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #955: Apr 10, 2024 08:30:12 am
      Mind you, who really wants to follow Klopp!? Not exactly an easy task. I know we Lfc fans tend to love and worship our Managers and Klopp (for me) is the one I have loved and adored the most in my 49 years. Itā€™s going to take a special manager to replace him.

This it was Iā€™m trying to tell num nuts but heā€™s a thick kunt Scott. 😂
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,984 posts | 5042 
      Reply #956: Apr 10, 2024 10:58:10 am
      Listen you fcukwit!
      Who said Klopp was leaving Liverpool in a state?? Can you not read you pr!ck? I merely state (( QUOTE )) whoever comes in wonā€™t replace Klopp. Itā€™s not fcuking rocket science 🤔 but then to you maybe it is. 🥸

Typical wool comment trying to pass the buck on the greatest manager that ever grace English football, even calling your own makes you a traitor 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🖕😂

Youā€™ll twist anything to make it look like it was Fergies fault. He recommended Moyes yes, however, itā€™s not Fergies fault Moyes fcuked up. Fergie left him with a team that just won the Premier league, what more can you do than that? Go and make yourself a scotch haggis pie you kunt. 🖕

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Hook, Line & f***in sinker ya pr**k, I knew youā€™d bite so away and bile yer heid !!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

🖕🖕🏿🖕🏻🖕🏾🖕🖕🏿🖕🏻🖕🏾🖕

YNWA
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,984 posts | 5042 
      Reply #957: Apr 10, 2024 11:00:32 am
      This it was Iā€™m trying to tell num nuts but heā€™s a thick kunt Scott. 😂

Iā€™m thick ? You c**t evon spill ploperly, Plick !! 🤣🤣
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,285 posts | 2765 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #958: Apr 10, 2024 11:18:58 am

Iā€™m thick ? You c**t evon spill ploperly, Plick !! 🤣🤣

Youā€™re blocked, going on my ignore list, apparently thatā€™s what members do on here when they spit their dummy out.   :lmao:
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,984 posts | 5042 
      Reply #959: Apr 10, 2024 11:29:41 am
      Youā€™re blocked, going on my ignore list, apparently thatā€™s what members do on here when they spit their dummy out.   :lmao:

Aw diddums, have I struck a nerve, poor you, now donā€™t for get the sunshine bus is picking you up in the morning, remember not to lick the inside of the window!!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🖕🖕🏿🖕🏻
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,285 posts | 2765 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #960: Apr 10, 2024 11:33:47 am

Aw diddums, have I struck a nerve, poor you, now donā€™t for get the sunshine bus is picking you up in the morning, remember not to lick the inside of the window!!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🖕🖕🏿🖕🏻

Canā€™t read your messages no more your on ignore.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,285 posts | 2765 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #961: Apr 10, 2024 11:48:56 am
      So if what we read is true Amorim increasingly likely to be your next manager. Must  confess to knowing fcuk all about him apart from plays a similar system to Klopp. Anyone been watching Sporting to have an idea?
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,475 posts | 823 
      Reply #962: Apr 10, 2024 11:55:34 am
      So if what we read is true Amorim increasingly likely to be your next manager. Must  confess to knowing fcuk all about him apart from plays a similar system to Klopp. Anyone been watching Sporting to have an idea?
      Like Klopp he's got a beard....That must mean something.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,143 posts | 224 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #963: Apr 10, 2024 12:41:47 pm
      Everyone now!!!

When the moon hits your eye
      Like a big pizza pie, that's Amore-in!!!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,285 posts | 2765 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #964: Apr 10, 2024 02:37:14 pm
      Everyone now!!!

When the moon hits your eye
      Like a big pizza pie, that's Amore-in!!!

:lmao:
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,626 posts | 761 
      Reply #965: Apr 10, 2024 06:23:49 pm

Bullshit,
      Pep took over a ready made team and didnā€™t have to build

1. This is factually incorrect. He pretty much IMMEDIATELY phased out Ronaldinho, Deco and Samuel Eto'o. He actually announced he was going to do it.
      2. Our team has lost 2 games in the league this season. (Should be 1 really) We have an excellent squad that does not require a rebuild at all.

Alonso is too scared. He's a game away. from winning the league, he has played for 3 of the biggest teams of all time. Played under the biggest managers ever. What more 'experience' does he want? What more football knowledge does he need?

Quick Reply