Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Managerial Shortlist

Read 60837 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Re: Managerial Shortlist
      Reply #966: Apr 10, 2024 08:50:55 pm
      Everyone now!!!

When the moon hits your eye
      Like a big pizza pie, that's Amore-in!!!

When the ball hits the net
      It's a surefire bet
      ROBBIE FOWLER
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,617 posts | 753 
      Reply #967: Apr 10, 2024 10:29:53 pm
      If Amorim is inflexible and we have to fit square pegs in round holes because he likes to play 3-4-3 and we have to sell players and buy a bunch of randos, then i'd rather have someone who is more suitable to the world class squad we have already.

There's no need to re-invent the wheel, Just keep it simples
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 842 posts | 302 
      Reply #968: Apr 10, 2024 10:47:57 pm
      1. This is factually incorrect. He pretty much IMMEDIATELY phased out Ronaldinho, Deco and Samuel Eto'o. He actually announced he was going to do it.
      2. Our team has lost 2 games in the league this season. (Should be 1 really) We have an excellent squad that does not require a rebuild at all.

Alonso is too scared. He's a game away. from winning the league, he has played for 3 of the biggest teams of all time. Played under the biggest managers ever. What more 'experience' does he want? What more football knowledge does he need?

I think maybe Xabi believes that Leverkusen gave him his first job, he developed a winning team and wants to take them into the champions league. Maybe  he has an emotional attachment to the club/players. I don't think that the decision to refuse the Liverpool job (if he did that) means he's scared of a big club.

Also, we might not like it or understand it, but maybe he prefers to wait for the Real Madrid job which will probably be available at the end of next season.
      Alicus
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 15 
      Reply #969: Apr 11, 2024 03:49:11 am
      Amorim plays a very attack oriented, high goal scoring style that I think will be a perfect fit for our squad. I know 343 sounds like a new concept but it’s very similar to how we already set up if you pay attention to how our full backs position in the build up play. I think he will get the best out of this squad’s potential and reach even newer heights. We might see Szoboszlai play in a further up front role similar to where Francisco Trincao currently plays for the Sporting team. I’ve been watching them all season actually and they are really refreshing team. Super buzzing for this hire, he is my favorite we’ve been linked with. Over Xabi for me actually.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,966 posts | 5022 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #970: Apr 11, 2024 09:44:57 am
      1. This is factually incorrect. He pretty much IMMEDIATELY phased out Ronaldinho, Deco and Samuel Eto'o. He actually announced he was going to do it.
      2. Our team has lost 2 games in the league this season. (Should be 1 really) We have an excellent squad that does not require a rebuild at all.

Alonso is too scared. He's a game away. from winning the league, he has played for 3 of the biggest teams of all time. Played under the biggest managers ever. What more 'experience' does he want? What more football knowledge does he need?

Why the F**k would he be scared ?
      He’s built his own team there, a project he will want to see through to its conclusion whatever that is, maybe he believes he can conquer Europe too the way he has conquered the Bundesliga, so not much different then from Jürgen, imagine Jürgen in his first season saying we’ll win a title within 4 years then f***in off after just one season,
      He isn’t scared is he , he wasn’t scared to turn us down, not because he thinks he couldn’t handle it, or Jürgen’s shoes were just too big, he has his own project, he’s perhaps building his own reputation, the same as when Jürgen built up Mainz05, the same with BvB,

I admire him for sticking to HIS guns and staying loyal to his players and fans of Leverkusen, he may have played for three of biggest clubs of all time and maybe one day he will manage one or two of them, but not yet, he has his own story to write first, and this is his first chapter!!

YNWA
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,237 posts | 1224 
      Reply #971: Apr 11, 2024 10:47:40 am

Why the F**k would he be scared ?
      He’s built his own team there, a project he will want to see through to its conclusion whatever that is, maybe he believes he can conquer Europe too the way he has conquered the Bundesliga, so not much different then from Jürgen, imagine Jürgen in his first season saying we’ll win a title within 4 years then f***in off after just one season,
      He isn’t scared is he , he wasn’t scared to turn us down, not because he thinks he couldn’t handle it, or Jürgen’s shoes were just too big, he has his own project, he’s perhaps building his own reputation, the same as when Jürgen built up Mainz05, the same with BvB,

I admire him for sticking to HIS guns and staying loyal to his players and fans of Leverkusen, he may have played for three of biggest clubs of all time and maybe one day he will manage one or two of them, but not yet, he has his own story to write first, and this is his first chapter!!

YNWA

100% this. He's invested his heart and soul into getting an underperforming club to the summit of the German league. That may resemble something! If he had spurned another club we would be praising his loyalty and commitment to the project he has built. Xabi remains an LFC legend all the same.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,403 posts | 6408 
      Reply #972: Apr 11, 2024 02:21:00 pm

Maybe he just wants to be loyal?
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,617 posts | 753 
      Reply #973: Apr 11, 2024 11:58:39 pm
      If Amorim is inflexible and we have to fit square pegs in round holes because he likes to play 3-4-3 and we have to sell players and buy a bunch of randos, then i'd rather have someone who is more suitable to the world class squad we have already.

Having done more research, i think his system would suit our players and current squad. And dare I say it. We will look more solid??
      « Last Edit: Apr 12, 2024 12:22:16 am by PastorGeek »
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,617 posts | 753 
      Reply #974: Apr 11, 2024 11:59:10 pm
      Maybe he just wants to be loyal?

True, maybe. I was just mad he's not coming ;D
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,130 posts | 456 
      Reply #975: Apr 12, 2024 05:07:53 am
      True, maybe. I was just mad he's not coming ;D

I thought so, which is why I didn't reply.  Not really your kind of post.   As the guy is having his first full season, and I wanted him to come like most, but in hindsight if he was going to jump ship after his first full season, is he really LFC material?  I don't think so.   He would only be Chelsea material. 
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,732 posts | 156 
      Reply #976: Apr 12, 2024 08:00:22 am
      New manager isn't going to put up with Nunez missing chances. These players think Klopp is staying, so either show hunger or get sold.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,165 posts | 263 
      Reply #977: Apr 12, 2024 08:46:10 am
      New manager isn't going to put up with Nunez missing chances. These players think Klopp is staying, so either show hunger or get sold.
      !!! WARNING!!!
          Next lines are garbage. Skip or do not take seriously  ;!D

Read somewhere that Ruben Amorim will bought three player at his current team Sporting CP if he join LFC.
        Gonçalo Inácio                CB
        Ousmane Diomande      CB
        Morten Hjulmand           DM

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,033 posts | 3961 
      Reply #978: Apr 12, 2024 10:42:45 am
      https://www.footballinsider247.com/liverpool-agree-deal-in-principle-for-ruben-amorim-sources/

LFC have agreed a deal in principle  to bring Amorim to Anfield.
      « Last Edit: Apr 12, 2024 10:48:23 am by stuey »
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,617 posts | 753 
      Reply #979: Apr 12, 2024 03:32:00 pm
      but in hindsight if he was going to jump ship after his first full season, is he really LFC material?  I don't think so.   He would only be Chelsea material.

This is also true
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,403 posts | 6408 
      Reply #980: Apr 12, 2024 04:35:38 pm
      !!! WARNING!!!
          Next lines are garbage. Skip or do not take seriously  ;!D

Read somewhere that Ruben Amorim will bought three player at his current team Sporting CP if he join LFC.
        Gonçalo Inácio                CB
        Ousmane Diomande      CB
        Morten Hjulmand           DM

Can't imagine they are just going to let him take players with him ;D
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,315 posts | 769 
      Reply #981: Apr 12, 2024 07:02:16 pm

Whatever the formation the next manager wishes to play, the defence has to be sorted out for sure.
      I remember the old saying success was built on a good defence. I wonder if it still apply in modern day football.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,418 posts | 801 
      Reply #982: Apr 12, 2024 07:28:43 pm
      Whatever the formation the next manager wishes to play, the defence has to be sorted out for sure.
      I remember the old saying success was built on a good defence. I wonder if it still apply in modern day football.
      You can never get beat keeping a clean sheet!
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,315 posts | 769 
      Reply #983: Apr 12, 2024 09:05:02 pm

Unfortunately there have been few of these lately.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,454 posts | 2848 
      Reply #984: Apr 12, 2024 10:40:09 pm

Jürgen himself knows it.

In the first couple of years the basketball football brought fun but no success. We got smashed by Spurs at Wembley and things changed with VVD and Ali joining in a 6 month period.

Unfortunately this current Liverpool team needs that same adjustment but he's not going to be here to oversee it. Hopefully a couple of CB's are top of the new manager's list.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,311 posts | 1671 
      Reply #985: Apr 12, 2024 10:41:59 pm
      Jürgen himself knows it.

In the first couple of years the basketball football brought fun but no success. We got smashed by Spurs at Wembley and things changed with VVD and Ali joining in a 6 month period.

Unfortunately this current Liverpool team needs that same adjustment but he's not going to be here to oversee it. Hopefully a couple of CB's are top of the new manager's list.

Add a new LB as well
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,454 posts | 2848 
      Reply #986: Apr 12, 2024 10:45:09 pm

Kostas off then? Can Beck cover or is he not there yet?

Couldn't argue against sacking Tsimikas off to be honest, he's filled it in well previously but honestly can't remember the last time he's done a good job there.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,311 posts | 1671 
      Reply #987: Apr 12, 2024 11:39:00 pm
      Kostas off then? Can Beck cover or is he not there yet?

Couldn't argue against sacking Tsimikas off to be honest, he's filled it in well previously but honestly can't remember the last time he's done a good job there.

Just think time for a change and Robbo going to need more of a lift next season and a bit more support.  Not sure on Beck but just think need a little more than Joe or Tzimikas
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,732 posts | 156 
      Reply #988: Apr 13, 2024 01:27:01 am
      Klopp deciding to randomly leave in the middle of the season fu**ed us over so bad and you know it. Now we are competing against 2 other top clubs for managers and that Portugese manager might not want to change country. So what are we gonna do next then ? Not many top managers are available.

Quick Reply