Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Managerial Shortlist

Read 63219 times
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,131 posts | 83 
      Re: Managerial Shortlist
      Reply #989: Apr 13, 2024 01:44:10 am
      Klopp deciding to randomly leave in the middle of the season fu**ed us over so bad and you know it. Now we are competing against 2 other top clubs for managers and that Portugese manager might not want to change country. So what are we gonna do next then ? Not many top managers are available.

Pep Lijnders. Whats wrong about him?
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,739 posts | 158 
      Reply #990: Apr 13, 2024 01:51:31 am
      Pep Lijnders. Whats wrong about him?

He's also leaving and not ready for the Liverpool job
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,739 posts | 158 
      Reply #991: Apr 13, 2024 01:56:49 am
      If we can't get Armorim then we are fu**ed.

Tuchel is a flop and couldn't even win the league in a farmer league.

Mourinho no F***ing thanks too toxic and past it

Xavi he left Barca due to toxic press so I can't imagine how would he feel about the English press.

Nagelsmann he's gonna be in the euros so he will miss preseason with us which is not ideal.

De Zerbi gamble either be could be the next Pep or the next Brendan Rodgers.

The truth is there aren't many top managers available and the club should absolutely try to convince Klopp to stay another year.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,726 posts | 3739 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #992: Apr 13, 2024 03:46:47 am
      He's also leaving and not ready for the Liverpool job

Yes, he might not be but he should be given a chance if the Portuguese is not acquired.

If De Zerbi is chosen I would like Lallana and Milner to be part of the coaching team due to their knowledge of the club.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,623 posts | 2159 
      Reply #993: Apr 13, 2024 08:09:41 am
      Klopp deciding to randomly leave in the middle of the season fu**ed us over so bad and you know it. Now we are competing against 2 other top clubs for managers and that Portugese manager might not want to change country. So what are we gonna do next then ? Not many top managers are available.

Most managers would make that decision once the season is over or close to it. By telling the club in November, Klopo has given the club ample time. I really don’t know what you are talking about.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,323 posts | 771 
      Reply #994: Apr 13, 2024 11:19:38 am
      Most managers would make that decision once the season is over or close to it. By telling the club in November, Klopo has given the club ample time. I really don’t know what you are talking about.

Far better to give the club ample notice of his intentions to quit. Klopp at least has not left the club in total limbo, manager wise.

Good luck to him and family for the future.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,882 posts | 704 
      Reply #995: Apr 13, 2024 11:50:08 pm
      Quote from gazred
      I think maybe Xabi believes that Leverkusen gave him his first job, he developed a winning team and wants to take them into the champions league. Maybe  he has an emotional attachment to the club/players. I don't think that the decision to refuse the Liverpool job (if he did that) means he's scared of a big club.

Also, we might not like it or understand it, but maybe he prefers to wait for the Real Madrid job which will probably be available at the end of next season.

We know why he didn't take the job. His decision to stay where he is, indicates not only does he not want to be the one to take over from Jürgen, but he obviously doesn't want to deal with the instant demands and expectations that come with being manager at this place.

There's no real pressure at his current club, they were happy just to stay up last year, and would happily settle for a UEFA Cup spot every year, everything after that is bonus territory. Whereas at the elite clubs such as ourselves, you have to compete for titles and trophies from Day 1, and just 2 games without a win is a massive crisis and you're under pressure. It's not a job for everybody.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,385 posts | 1542 
      Reply #996: Apr 14, 2024 10:00:59 am
      Yes, he might not be but he should be given a chance if the Portuguese is not acquired.

If De Zerbi is chosen I would like Lallana and Milner to be part of the coaching team due to their knowledge of the club.

Sounds sweet, but not all players, if many at all, make good coaches, regardless of how good or bad their playing careers were.
      Thing is, you'd only know by trying them out, and then it may be very costly to move them on if they're not up to it. Be better to let them trial on someone else's side !
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,414 posts | 8646 
      Reply #997: Apr 14, 2024 11:22:48 am
      We know why he didn't take the job. His decision to stay where he is, indicates not only does he not want to be the one to take over from Jürgen, but he obviously doesn't want to deal with the instant demands and expectations that come with being manager at this place.

There's no real pressure at his current club, they were happy just to stay up last year, and would happily settle for a UEFA Cup spot every year, everything after that is bonus territory. Whereas at the elite clubs such as ourselves, you have to compete for titles and trophies from Day 1, and just 2 games without a win is a massive crisis and you're under pressure. It's not a job for everybody.

Talking out of your arse again. Xabi is just doing what most thought Gerrard would do at Rangers. Has a chance to make himself a legend at Bayer. First proper trophy that the club have won - the league, maybe Europa to follow. Give another season two and they'll build a statue of Alonso in Leverkusen.
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 578 posts | 115 
      Reply #998: Apr 14, 2024 12:29:57 pm
      Maybe the boss will change his mind.  :depressed:
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1124 
      Reply #999: Apr 14, 2024 01:31:32 pm
      Talking out of your arse again. Xabi is just doing what most thought Gerrard would do at Rangers. Has a chance to make himself a legend at Bayer. First proper trophy that the club have won - the league, maybe Europa to follow. Give another season two and they'll build a statue of Alonso in Leverkusen.

I always expected Alonso to stay where he is and eventually head to Madrid. I think thats what his plan is.

But what Alonso has done commands far more respect that gerrard at rangers. Thats a pub league and Alonso has done it in a high quality league and now in Europe as well. Lets see how he gets on in the CL next season. Madrid will be watching closely.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 842 posts | 302 
      Reply #1000: Apr 14, 2024 05:13:12 pm

I don't agree with you.

First, I think that the vast majority of Liverpool fans and the club's hierarchy will give the new manager time to settle in and build his own team.

Second, I don't think Xabi is worried about pressure to win. He's played for LFC, Madrid and Bayern FFS.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,092 posts | 214 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #1001: Apr 14, 2024 07:18:45 pm
      We could do a lot worst than Emery.

Proven time and time again he knows how to win when it matters. People will go on about his 'failure' at Arsenal, he wasn't given the chance to build a team and he still got them to a European final and finished 2 points behind 3rd.

What he's done at Villa is the best improvement at a club over a 12-18 month spell I've seen in a while, especially if he tops it off with the ECL & keeps Villa in 4th.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,131 posts | 83 
      Reply #1002: Apr 14, 2024 07:22:51 pm

No. The guy is shot and honestly: 2 major titles in 10 years is not good enough, it is what you can expect from a „Normal One“ given the money he has gotten.

But I begin to like Mr Good Ebening. How about him?
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,471 posts | 2859 
      Reply #1003: Apr 14, 2024 08:27:03 pm
      We could do a lot worst than Emery.

Proven time and time again he knows how to win when it matters. People will go on about his 'failure' at Arsenal, he wasn't given the chance to build a team and he still got them to a European final and finished 2 points behind 3rd.

What he's done at Villa is the best improvement at a club over a 12-18 month spell I've seen in a while, especially if he tops it off with the ECL & keeps Villa in 4th.

He deserves another crack at a top team that's for sure.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,212 posts | 3483 
      Reply #1004: Apr 14, 2024 08:43:09 pm
      He deserves another crack at a top team that's for sure.

Not us though

Yes a decent manager but very much suited to a team just below the big guns
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,283 posts | 934 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1005: Apr 14, 2024 09:16:17 pm

No chance, iif he was feeling the pressure before, imagine what it would be like now
      RedWilly

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #1006: Apr 14, 2024 09:39:48 pm
      Not us though

Yes a decent manager but very much suited to a team just below the big guns

Not sure that’s fair - he went to arsenal after Wenger. Huge change up which is similar to what we now face. Besides Arsenal, he’s had a lot of success. Arsenal’s fan base are a joke, he didn’t have a chance of success imo.

We need to stay competitive and he could keep us in the mix whilst also giving us a shot at a few trophies potentially.

Not a bad shout and like I say, one of the few managers who knows what it’s like to replace a legend who has moulded a club in their image
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,212 posts | 3483 
      Reply #1007: Apr 14, 2024 09:59:12 pm
      Not sure that’s fair - he went to arsenal after Wenger. Huge change up which is similar to what we now face. Besides Arsenal, he’s had a lot of success. Arsenal’s fan base are a joke, he didn’t have a chance of success imo.

We need to stay competitive and he could keep us in the mix whilst also giving us a shot at a few trophies potentially.

Not a bad shout and like I say, one of the few managers who knows what it’s like to replace a legend who has moulded a club in their image

His success is in the Europa Lge

He is a decent manager but a cup manager

RedWilly

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #1008: Apr 14, 2024 10:01:21 pm
      His success is in the Europa Lge

He is a decent manager but a cup manager

His work at Villa is great.

He’s never had a proper shot, besides Arsenal the only other ‘top’ team are PSG, where the team and tactics were literally chosen by the players.

We could do a lot worse than Emery right now given the lack of options imo.

Edit: if we go with an up and coming manager the risk is far greater that it’s a disaster and we drop off. I think a ‘cup manager’ that would keep us in CL for a few seasons might be safe, but it will avoid a manc style implosion if we get someone in with loads of ideas that don’t pay off
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,175 posts | 264 
      Reply #1009: Apr 15, 2024 04:00:12 am
      No. The guy is shot and honestly: 2 major titles in 10 years is not good enough, it is what you can expect from a „Normal One“ given the money he has gotten.

But I begin to like Mr Good Ebening. How about him?

What a F***ing joke!
      Imagine if no mancheater bottomless dirty oil money team to compete in this league.
      But I dare say you will never try to imagine, you scare that kind of thinking to destroy your sh*t thing in your head.
      So keep it on mate and happy with what you are sinking in :D

. . .

Editted, BTW I agreed JK's time with us this term is over. The man definitely need a rest. 
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,175 posts | 264 
      Reply #1010: Apr 15, 2024 04:10:45 am
      I always expected Alonso to stay where he is and eventually head to Madrid. I think thats what his plan is.

But what Alonso has done commands far more respect that gerrard at rangers. Thats a pub league and Alonso has done it in a high quality league and now in Europe as well. Lets see how he gets on in the CL next season. Madrid will be watching closely.

That is also my thought mate.

Definitely a man like Xabi is ambitious but even a man with most ambition most likely happy to conquer the world football with Jude Bellingham and Mbappe instead of Curtis Jones and Darwin Nunez.   
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,357 posts | 290 
      Reply #1011: Apr 15, 2024 11:32:45 am
      I don't think Emery would leave Villa at the moment tbh.

Quick Reply