Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

Managerial Shortlist

Read 56891 times
      With Hope In My Heart, paulow63 and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,296 posts | 1403 
      Re: Managerial Shortlist
      Reply #1081: Apr 19, 2024 10:05:02 pm
      The truth is I have no idea who I want as the manager tbh because to me there are no standout candidates that fit our club that I know of on the market

All I want is someone ruthless to get us back to number 1

But F***ing Tuchel is not that guy ffs

Well I didn't realise...sorry mate. All it takes is a few swear words to put me right...cheers..
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,129 posts | 83 
      Reply #1082: Apr 19, 2024 10:12:39 pm
      Tuchel can win with loaded teams, just like Guardiola. We cannot provide that here, so he does not fit. We need a coach that can make mediocre players good and good players excellent.

My updated choices:

1. Rafa Benitez, if not available then
      2. Stevie Gerrard, if not available then
      3. Ruben Amorim, if not available then
      4. Graham Potter, if not available then
      5. Robert de Zerbi, if not available then
      …
      56. Roy Hodgson, if not a available then
      57. Virgil van Dijk as player‘s coach.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,041 posts | 2720 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1083: Apr 19, 2024 10:21:34 pm
      Tuchel can win with loaded teams, just like Guardiola. We cannot provide that here, so he does not fit. We need a coach that can make mediocre players good and good players excellent.

My updated choices:

…

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,086 posts | 3445 
      Reply #1084: Apr 19, 2024 10:34:44 pm

My updated choices:

…

The competition to be the most clueless idiot is strong
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,953 posts | 5011 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1085: Apr 19, 2024 10:52:02 pm

My updated choices:

…

Well F**k my f***in luck, if that f***in tw*t Aminegriffy wasn’t bad enough we got f***in numb nuts of the decade coming out with this f***in nonsense, the Cnut with no name, is it just me or does anyone else think that these pair of dipshits share the same brain cell,

And here was me thinking that these boards were awash with intelligent, knowledgeable fans of this fantastic institution of ours, then come along these f***in eejits, 2008 I joined up on this forum, back than I was impressed with the knowledge and understanding of many many posters, sadly this is no longer the case, but far worse is the likes of these dipshits being allowed to post utter f***in garbage !!

Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,337 posts | 779 
      Reply #1086: Apr 19, 2024 11:15:31 pm

Well F**k my f***in luck, if that f***in tw*t Aminegriffy wasn’t bad enough we got f***in numb nuts of the decade coming out with this f***in nonsense, the Cnut with no name, is it just me or does anyone else think that these pair of dipshits share the same brain cell,

And here was me thinking that these boards were awash with intelligent, knowledgeable fans of this fantastic institution of ours, then come along these f***in eejits, 2008 I joined up on this forum, back than I was impressed with the knowledge and understanding of many many posters, sadly this is no longer the case, but far worse is the likes of these dipshits being allowed to post utter f***in garbage !!
      Your reaction is exactly the response these idiots want...it feeds their infantile sense of self importance. What they fear most is being ignored.
      Just ignore them. The vast majority on here post honestly and sensibly.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,224 posts | 1222 
      Reply #1087: Apr 19, 2024 11:21:32 pm
      He's a weird WUM that fella. Hopefully he types in another number and terminates himself. .

See Nagelsmann signed an extension with Germany which should rule him out. Arne Slot shortening with the bookies. De Zerbi like Brighton drifting somewhat. Amorim still the clear favourite.
      paulow63
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 673 posts | 87 
      Reply #1088: Apr 19, 2024 11:32:32 pm
      This isn't one for now but a young manager to keep an eye on is Russel Martin. He has Southampton playing some superb football. They played us off the park recently in the FA Cup and should've been 2-3 nil up.

Watched them against Preston midweek and every player looks like they are well briefed and drilled. They pen you in a bit like Citeh.

One to keep an eye on.
      Millsy75
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 308 posts | 47 
      Reply #1089: Apr 19, 2024 11:34:29 pm
      This isn't one for now but a young manager to keep an eye on is Russel Martin. He has Southampton playing some superb football. They played us off the park recently in the FA Cup and should've been 2-3 nil up.

Watched them against Preston midweek and every player looks like they are well briefed and drilled. They pen you in a bit like Citeh.

One to keep an eye on.
      give your head a wobble
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,224 posts | 1222 
      Reply #1090: Apr 19, 2024 11:36:20 pm

One to keep an eye on.

Not a patch on big Virg  ;D
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,185 posts | 1099 
      Reply #1091: Apr 19, 2024 11:38:22 pm

My updated choices:

…
      No way you're this thick. Your life most truly suck if you've got nothing better to do than get on here and post stuff like this DAILY.
      RedWilly

• 9,198 posts | 1641 
      Reply #1092: Apr 19, 2024 11:43:48 pm
      No way you're this thick. Your life most truly suck if you've got nothing better to do than get on here and post stuff like this DAILY.

He’s a manc. 100% he’s a low key WUM if you go through his posts. No one believes that sh*t, it’s a wind up
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,064 posts | 2110 
      Reply #1093: Apr 20, 2024 12:49:20 am

One to keep an eye on.

'Played us off the park'...in what resulted as a 3-0 loss for them. Jesus, the first 10/15 minutes they were all over us...while our kids and Joe Gomez playing DM adjusted to their roles.

As for Martin himself - I was in the Main Stand for that match looking down on that twerp and he's nothing but a performative moron who fancies himself like nothing else.

What the hell is wrong with you pal?
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #1094: Apr 20, 2024 07:36:10 am

One to keep an eye on.

I went to the game mid-week and he certainly has Saints playing some stuff. He even does the Klopp three punch special with the fans at the end if the game. As you say though, he has a ways to go still.
      rossyred

• 9,296 posts | 1666 
      Reply #1095: Apr 20, 2024 07:39:09 am
      Wish they would hurry up and appoint someone can close this thread down then and not have to read some of the sh*te being spouted
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #1096: Apr 20, 2024 07:39:54 am
      All getting a bit judgemental and ‘high n mighty’ in this thread. Maybe people should be able to express an opinion without a million derisory comments from all the experts.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #1097: Apr 20, 2024 07:41:54 am
      Wish they would hurry up and appoint someone can close this thread down then and not have to read some of the sh*te being spouted

I think that if Amorim is the man they want, it will happen on the quiet given that they are currently in a title race.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,953 posts | 5011 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1098: Apr 20, 2024 08:11:20 am
      I like how everything is being kept under wraps regarding the New gaffer, the poor fella whoever he is will be immediately under pressure with the weight of filling Jürgen’s shoes, my take on the whole situation is I think the decisions has already been made and nothing will be revealed until the season has ended and it’s but a distant memory,
      As a club we will want the fella in as early as possible, so I reckon perhaps mid June we will learn a lot more, I’d be surprised now if it wasn't Amorim if I’m honest, aside from Xabi he ticks all the boxes, it’s a gamble, but it would be the same gamble if indeed Xabi was imminent ?

What we all really need to get into our heads is the Klopp era has finished, it’s done and it’s part of our fantastic history, we will all remember what he gave as, all the joy the glory, the positivity, the laughs, his wisdom and of course the breath taking football his teams played, the man is a phenomenon and we have been so so lucky to have had him as our manager, there isn’t another Jürgen Norbert Klopp, he is unique and his time with our club is over,

So on to the next chapter, and the new guy, ppl will immediately compare him with Jürgen, that would be the first mistake, the new fella has to be allowed to stamp his own mark on the club, he has to be given enough time to let his system work, he will inherit the players Jürgen is leaving behind, most of them anyway, so the nucleus of the side will still be here, I do think one or two will depart, I have my own take on who but I’ll keep my cards close to my chest for now, I would doubt the curren system will change, we’ll still attack, we will still press,

Expectations should be on qualifying for CL, that’s the minimum requirement for a club of our standing, that would be a great start imo for the new fella, anything above this would be fantastic obviously, but we mustn’t put undue pressure on whoever it is, he will already be under severe scrutiny from our poisonous media & Fuckwits !!

Just saying!!

YNWA
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,041 posts | 2720 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1099: Apr 20, 2024 09:52:14 am
      Your reaction is exactly the response these idiots want...it feeds their infantile sense of self importance. What they fear most is being ignored.
      Just ignore them. The vast majority on here post honestly and sensibly.

I’m not sure on that 🤔 London Red has SG his No1 choice. 😂😂😂
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,337 posts | 779 
      Reply #1100: Apr 20, 2024 10:55:47 am
      I’m not sure on that 🤔 London Red has SG his No1 choice. 😂😂😂
      Well there's the evidence my brain is shot because SG is my preferred pick.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,041 posts | 2720 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1101: Apr 20, 2024 11:01:41 am
      Well there's the evidence my brain is shot because SG is my preferred pick.

😂 I remember you saying 😂 Very rare you put a bad post up so you’re forgiven 😂 I do hope you get your wish though! that will be another slip up!   :lmao:
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,489 posts | 220 
      Reply #1102: Apr 20, 2024 01:12:46 pm
      Well I didn't realise...sorry mate. All it takes is a few swear words to put me right...cheers..

I apologise, was not aimed at you specifically as I didn’t even know who wanted him

I will be honest, I used to rate him but for me he wasn’t that successful and I really don’t think he can do the business at a club at our level which is punching above our weight

But then again, the current structure spent 150m on Nunez, gapko and diaz 😂😂. So would Tuchel do worse than that? Would take a monumental F**k up
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,300 posts | 766 
      Reply #1103: Apr 20, 2024 01:29:40 pm
      Has anyone given a thought to Gary Mcallister, I believe currently in Scotland, maybe as assistant to the next manager.

Just a thought.

Quick Reply