Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

Managerial Shortlist

Read 64463 times
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,178 posts | 527 
      Re: Managerial Shortlist
      Reply #1495: Apr 26, 2024 10:40:11 am
      Do you really want a guy that is one letter away from „slut“? What‘s next? Kuntz as assistant coach?

And Rafa is available! And Stevie G is available! I rather lose with them than win with a dutch mercenary.

You know what is also just one letter away? You ever walk alone! Please Michael, let your heart decide, not your dick or your reason!

You really are a first class ocean going buffoon of the highest order fella.
      Please don't give your head a wobble it might fall off.  :mad:
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3493 
      Reply #1496: Apr 26, 2024 10:44:08 am
      Do you really want a guy that is one letter away from „slut“? What‘s next? Kuntz as assistant coach?

And Rafa is available! And Stevie G is available! I rather lose with them than win with a dutch mercenary.

You know what is also just one letter away? You ever walk alone! Please Michael, let your heart decide, not your dick or your reason!

There it is

The stupidest thing I have read on the internet today
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,395 posts | 1423 
      Reply #1497: Apr 26, 2024 10:52:26 am

Classic Fibo..
      Harrisimo

• 8,395 posts | 1423 
      Reply #1498: Apr 26, 2024 10:58:49 am
      While there is genuine concern over Arnie, we have to back the appointment and not prejudge him. Same would apply no matter who got the job..( nearly said gig there).

Transfer business will be key.The inns and outs. Get that wrong and it creates problems. The Euro's as well puts extra pressure on the squad. Need a decent summer's rest to come out fighting next season.
      DanMann

• 5,797 posts | 892 
      Reply #1499: Apr 26, 2024 11:04:05 am
      Appointment of the new Manager is the most exciting thing happening for us right now.

We have to hope that all will go amazingly well in preparation for the new season. New beginnings and all that..
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,507 posts | 3457 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1500: Apr 26, 2024 11:04:23 am
      See carragher bigging up tuchel,  , talking about he's surprised we didn't consider him. I'm not,  whatever his abilities as a coach his man management leaves a lot to be desired
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,106 posts | 2129 
      Reply #1501: Apr 26, 2024 11:21:52 am
      See carragher bigging up tuchel,  , talking about he's surprised we didn't consider him. I'm not,  whatever his abilities as a coach his man management leaves a lot to be desired

Given Carra's ability to spray his gob over a teenage girl, I would say he's not the best person to go for in terms of a character reference. Or any mode of judgement for that matter. W**ker recognises w**ker.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #1502: Apr 26, 2024 11:26:55 am

Yeah we’d probably win a couple of things next year with Tuchel but it would go downhill fast and he’ll leave us in a complete mess.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,739 posts | 158 
      Reply #1503: Apr 26, 2024 11:49:12 am
      15 mill is a lot of money with no release clause.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,243 posts | 850 
      Reply #1504: Apr 26, 2024 11:52:57 am
      Edwards and Hughes are super keen on this guy that they want to break the record on getting him.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,360 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1505: Apr 26, 2024 11:55:36 am

Is that the entire backroom ??
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #1506: Apr 26, 2024 11:59:36 am
      Edwards and Hughes are super keen on this guy that they want to break the record on getting him.
      This makes me feel a lot more confident about Slot. If they're half as astute as I'm lead to believe, we'll be good.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,938 posts | 450 
      Reply #1507: Apr 26, 2024 12:15:59 pm

There it is

The stupidest thing I have read on the internet today

Not even sure what I've just read there to be fair.  :lmao:

Can someone unpack that for me?
      DanMann

• 5,797 posts | 892 
      Reply #1508: Apr 26, 2024 02:48:39 pm

Why does it matter what they spend on a new Manager?

Doesn't bother me in the slightest and wouldn't even consider it.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,360 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1509: Apr 26, 2024 02:50:37 pm
      Jürgen saying he likes what hes seen from Slots teams and heard good things about him aa a person......best endorsement yet
      tytusgroan
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 596 posts | 56 
      Reply #1510: Apr 26, 2024 03:04:09 pm
      Given Carra's ability to spray his gob over a teenage girl, I would say he's not the best person to go for in terms of a character reference. Or any mode of judgement for that matter. W**ker recognises w**ker.
      Carra is a complete cnut,can't stand him, he shouldn't be anywhere near football punditry.
      Ddecker
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 137 posts | 50 
      Reply #1511: Apr 26, 2024 03:34:27 pm

And Rafa is available! And Stevie G is available! I rather lose with them than win with a dutch mercenary

Huh? You’d rather lose than win? Weird
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,131 posts | 83 
      Reply #1512: Apr 26, 2024 04:13:07 pm
      Huh? You’d rather lose than win? Weird

That is the real fan spirit. Most fans today cannot grasp it because they are not fans but mere followers. There are boundaries like would you accept TheSun as sponsor if it would enable us to go toe-to-toe with City? No I‘d rather get relegated.

I also do not know why Stevie G is out of the picture. He won in Scotland, he has experience as a PL coach, sure he did not have a cinderella story like Xabi but I never got hard facts on why he‘s not able to coach Liverpool. Just wishy-washy that comes down to: he doesnt APPEAR to be a successful coach at Liverpool.

And do not get me started on Rafa, that is even more insane….

No loyality anymore anywhere … just icecold reasoning who is best for xyz. Sad.
      Alicus
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 15 
      Reply #1513: Apr 26, 2024 05:05:15 pm
      I’m pretty sure this guy is riling
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,229 posts | 1109 
      Reply #1514: Apr 26, 2024 05:07:27 pm
      What has Rafa done recently that makes you want him? Why not bring Kenny back? He's won a trophy more recently with us.

Please explain your reasoning to this, else I'm always gonna assume your taking the piss or dumber than a box of rocks
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,059 posts | 547 
      Reply #1515: Apr 26, 2024 05:18:27 pm
      The biggest thing in favour of Slot for me is that he apparently plays exciting, attacking, high tempo football. That counts for a lot. I'd get bored shitless watching us pass teams to death like City, never mind sit through the negative "pragmatism" served up by the likes of Maureen or Tuchel.

Under Jürgen we have been a very exciting team to watch. Even the poor performances have usually been end to end type poor performances - too open rather than bore fests. I've got used to heavy metal football and I want us to keep playing it, and it sounds like that's Slot's style too, so bring him on.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,507 posts | 3457 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1516: Apr 26, 2024 05:24:34 pm
      I’m pretty sure this guy is riling

I think you're extremely polite
      rossyred

• 9,313 posts | 1671 
      Reply #1517: Apr 26, 2024 05:27:13 pm
      I am excited fot Arne I know we are losing the best but sometimes a change can reinvigorate a few new signings and tweaks and we are well equipped to go again. Got to ensure he is given time and patience cannot expect too much to early .

Quick Reply