Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 8th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W12 D4 L4

Managerial Shortlist

Read 58759 times
      lfc across the water and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 838 
      Re: Managerial Shortlist
      Reply #1541: Apr 26, 2024 09:37:31 pm
      I donā€™t mind Arne Slot

I just hope he brings plenty of success to Liverpool.

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,264 posts | 927 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1542: Apr 26, 2024 09:50:20 pm
      Apparently Southgate taking charge after we lose FA Cup. That will make you just as happy.

From the fire to the frying pan
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,079 posts | 2112 
      Reply #1543: Apr 26, 2024 10:01:16 pm
      It says something about the parochial, insipid nature of football reporting in this country that the best level of insight English journalists can provide about Slot is that 'the attacking style of Slot's team made him the number 1 candidate' (kudos to BBC Sport who have successfully engineered themselves into the space of click baity social media hack moron level of journalism. Primary school kids could do a better job.)

Utterly pitiful level of reporting.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,291 posts | 4939 
      Reply #1544: Apr 26, 2024 10:02:46 pm
      It says something about the parochial, insipid nature of football reporting in this country that the best level of insight English journalists can provide about Slot is that 'the attacking style of Slot's teams' made him the number 1 candidate.

Utterly pitiful level of reporting.

They haven't a clue mate.

Like many if us don't and spout nonsense at times but we're not paid journalists who's literal job is to research what they're writing about
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,461 posts | 3429 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1545: Apr 26, 2024 10:04:29 pm
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,079 posts | 2112 
      Reply #1546: Apr 26, 2024 10:05:33 pm
      They haven't a clue mate.

Like many if us don't and spout nonsense at times but we're not paid journalists who's literal job is to research what they're writing about

Indeed. It used to be the job of a journalist to explore and find out about things that most people didn't know about. Now the job of your average football reporter is to regurgitate hearsay into ultra processed cack. It's just bad for you.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #1547: Apr 26, 2024 10:06:29 pm
      BBC confirmed it. YNWA Arne
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,131 posts | 83 
      Reply #1548: Apr 26, 2024 10:17:10 pm
      I donā€™t mind Arne Slot

I just hope he brings plenty of success to Liverpool.

Actually he has a good shot to be more successful than JĆ¼rgen. Unlike JĆ¼rgen he takes over a talented team, a functioning club with a great mind as sport director. I hope that is never forgotten when comparing JĆ¼rgen to the great coaches: he had to take over at an all-time low and work up all the way to the top, wasting half his coaching tenure to rebuilding.

I wish Slot a good hand, may he become more loved than Kuyt.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,307 posts | 2850 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1549: Apr 26, 2024 10:18:19 pm
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,116 posts | 2740 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1550: Apr 26, 2024 10:20:42 pm
      Get Southgate and you're dooomed..I tell ye...dooomed..

Southgate stands before the players with a wipeboard and starts muttering all weird permutations and nobody can hear or understand WTF he is on about..

Weā€™ve been doomed for years 🤢 If he gets the job thatā€™s probably at least another 2 years up the swanny 🤦ā€ā™‚ļø
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,722 posts | 153 
      Reply #1551: Apr 26, 2024 10:23:17 pm
      Actually he has a good shot to be more successful than JĆ¼rgen. Unlike JĆ¼rgen he takes over a talented team, a functioning club with a great mind as sport director. I hope that is never forgotten when comparing JĆ¼rgen to the great coaches: he had to take over at an all-time low and work up all the way to the top, wasting half his coaching tenure to rebuilding.

I wish Slot a good hand, may he become more loved than Kuyt.

No one is ever gonna be more successful than Klopp for us. Klopp was world class before he joined and he elevated us. Only few managers on that level exist and one of them is the manager of Man City.
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 761 posts | 40 
      Reply #1552: Apr 26, 2024 10:38:45 pm
      No one is ever gonna be more successful than Klopp for us. Klopp was world class before he joined and he elevated us. Only few managers on that level exist and one of them is the manager of Man City.

Go and support MC you pr**k. Full of negativity you are!. Why donā€™t you get behind this guy if he is our new manager.

Glass half full pr**k there ever was one!. Dick
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,897 posts | 424 
      Reply #1553: Apr 26, 2024 10:47:16 pm
      That is the real fan spirit. Most fans today cannot grasp it because they are not fans but mere followers. There are boundaries like would you accept TheSun as sponsor if it would enable us to go toe-to-toe with City? No Iā€˜d rather get relegated.

I also do not know why Stevie G is out of the picture. He won in Scotland, he has experience as a PL coach, sure he did not have a cinderella story like Xabi but I never got hard facts on why heā€˜s not able to coach Liverpool. Just wishy-washy that comes down to: he doesnt APPEAR to be a successful coach at Liverpool.

And do not get me started on Rafa, that is even more insaneā€¦.

No loyality anymore anywhere ā€¦ just icecold reasoning who is best for xyz. Sad.

You're either on a proper wind up or certifiably insane. Hope for your sake it's the former  :lmao:
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,363 posts | 1538 
      Reply #1554: Apr 26, 2024 11:32:52 pm
      Letā€™s hope Slot gets us. Thatā€™ll be a good start to hopefully a successful tenure !
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,961 posts | 5016 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1555: Apr 27, 2024 05:30:28 am
      Apparently Southgate taking charge after we lose FA Cup. That will make you just as happy.

🤣🤣🤣🤣 thatā€™s better news than Arne coming in for us, ā€œMouthgate at the Muntsā€, that has better ring to it than Arne at Anfield,
      Seriously though mate, Iā€™ve read a bit about Arne and he indeed ticks a lot of boxes, the stumbling block for me is, can he handle the expectations that comes with the territory of being manager of Liverpool?
      Mouthgate on the other hand has only worked with international pressure which is probably difficult enough short term but heā€™ll have to put up with that on a daily basis, and manage even more expectations trying to bring youā€™re lot back from the dead,
      Arne may well be a surprising choice for most myself included, tbh, Iā€™d never heard of him, but he seems like the ideal choice for the kind of football we want to see, attacking, exciting, high press etc
      So my next Q is, if FSG has ā€˜Gottenā€™ their man, again, will they back him financially?

And that opens up a can of worms, like, do we cash in on Mo, do we rebuild the midfield again, Macca excluded, alll sorts of ifs and buts,
      But one thing has to be considered, he has to be allowed enough time to settle, put his ideas & philosophy into the squad, and obviously put that into practice, and this is pivotal, not compare him with JĆ¼rgen, he is not JĆ¼rgen or a clone of, heā€™s Arne Slot, he has his own brain, his own ideas, his own philosophy, his own system, it maybe similar to JĆ¼rgenā€™s but heā€™s a totally different character and will have his own ways of handling all aspect of things,

We all have to consider this, this is a new era, the Klopp era is done, weā€™re turning a page in the history books and we will look back and love and admire JĆ¼rgen for what brought to the club, but now we look forward and give all our support to Arne and his staff and hopefully weā€™ll all see more success for our wonderful fantastic institution!!

YNWA

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,961 posts | 5016 
      Reply #1556: Apr 27, 2024 05:37:11 am
      You're either on a proper wind up or certifiably insane. Hope for your sake it's the former  :lmao:

I just think heā€™s a total Cnut and has absolutely no idea what weā€™re about, he is the Ultimate WUM and why the Cnut hasnā€™t been banned is a complete f***in mystery, heā€™s already slagging off the new gaffer, and heā€™s not even through the f***in doors yet,
      Taking the piss out of his name when he himself canā€™t even be arsed to give himself one ,

F**k OFF !!!!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1802 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1557: Apr 27, 2024 05:51:09 am
      Welcome to the new man.

Personally I have high hopes.

Foundations are all there for him to be successful.
      Alicus
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 15 
      Reply #1558: Apr 27, 2024 06:05:29 am
      As someone whoā€™s watched almost all of Feyenoordā€™s games, I have massive respect for this guy. I think itā€™s almost guaranteed that he will target Orkun KƶkĆ§Ć¼ this summer, would love to see him in a Liverpool shirt. Heā€™s unhappy at Benfica, and he was instrumental in Feyenoordā€™s title run last year under Slot. He was also the captain actually.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,714 posts | 3719 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1559: Apr 27, 2024 07:06:55 am
      Welcome to the club Gringo.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,511 posts | 223 
      Reply #1560: Apr 27, 2024 07:22:14 am
      No idea why people are criticising the appointment

Fact of the matter is there was no stand out manager like we had last time in klopp

The club has brought in someone who they think is very detailed in his work and plays like we play and can work under the structure

I think sorting out our transfer structure and squad is far more important as without the right tools, he wonā€™t succeed but with him he should do well imo

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,116 posts | 2740 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1561: Apr 27, 2024 08:07:53 am

🤣🤣🤣🤣 thatā€™s better news than Arne coming in for us, ā€œMouthgate at the Muntsā€, that has better ring to it than Arne at Anfield,
      Seriously though mate, Iā€™ve read a bit about Arne and he indeed ticks a lot of boxes, the stumbling block for me is, can he handle the expectations that comes with the territory of being manager of Liverpool?
      Mouthgate on the other hand has only worked with international pressure which is probably difficult enough short term but heā€™ll have to put up with that on a daily basis, and manage even more expectations trying to bring youā€™re lot back from the dead,
      Arne may well be a surprising choice for most myself included, tbh, Iā€™d never heard of him, but he seems like the ideal choice for the kind of football we want to see, attacking, exciting, high press etc
      So my next Q is, if FSG has ā€˜Gottenā€™ their man, again, will they back him financially?

And that opens up a can of worms, like, do we cash in on Mo, do we rebuild the midfield again, Macca excluded, alll sorts of ifs and buts,
      But one thing has to be considered, he has to be allowed enough time to settle, put his ideas & philosophy into the squad, and obviously put that into practice, and this is pivotal, not compare him with JĆ¼rgen, he is not JĆ¼rgen or a clone of, heā€™s Arne Slot, he has his own brain, his own ideas, his own philosophy, his own system, it maybe similar to JĆ¼rgenā€™s but heā€™s a totally different character and will have his own ways of handling all aspect of things,

We all have to consider this, this is a new era, the Klopp era is done, weā€™re turning a page in the history books and we will look back and love and admire JĆ¼rgen for what brought to the club, but now we look forward and give all our support to Arne and his staff and hopefully weā€™ll all see more success for our wonderful fantastic institution!!

YNWA

So now we have mouthgate at Old Trafford and the Sloth/Slut/whore at Anfield 😂  I can but hope itā€™s all the usual social media click bait which is part of our world now. 🤮

On a serious note I donā€™t get he ticks the boxā€™s just because he has a similar system to Klopp apparently!!  Still needs to be implemented obviously. Never heard of him so canā€™t judge  him or knock him, time will tell. However. Iā€™m still of the opinion next year you wonā€™t be fighting for top 4 like youā€™ve done successfully the last few years. You simply canā€™t replace the great one overnight.

As for Safegate? What else can I say thatā€™s Iā€™ve not already said? Heā€™s currently got a side capably of winning a World Cup but we never see those performances on the pitch. He simply canā€™t get the best out of them because he hasnā€™t got the noun to do it in my opinion, letā€™s hope Iā€™m wrong.

More later Iā€™m off out. As Arne!! would say!! Iā€™ll be back!  :lmao:
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,961 posts | 5016 
      Reply #1562: Apr 27, 2024 08:26:47 am
      So now we have mouthgate at Old Trafford and the Sloth/Slut/whore at Anfield 😂  I can but hope itā€™s all the usual social media click bait which is part of our world now. 🤮

On a serious note I donā€™t get he ticks the boxā€™s just because he has a similar system to Klopp apparently!!  Still needs to be implemented obviously. Never heard of him so canā€™t judge  him or knock him, time will tell. However. Iā€™m still of the opinion next year you wonā€™t be fighting for top 4 like youā€™ve done successfully the last few years. You simply canā€™t replace the great one overnight.

As for Safegate? What else can I say thatā€™s Iā€™ve not already said? Heā€™s currently got a side capably of winning a World Cup but we never see those performances on the pitch. He simply canā€™t get the best out of them because he hasnā€™t got the noun to do it in my opinion, letā€™s hope Iā€™m wrong.

🤣🤣 Donā€™t get the correlation about Slut & whore the manā€™s name is Slot ya thick cnut ??

Like Gareth would say, Iā€™ll be sh*te !! 🤣🤣🖕🖕🏾🖕🏿

YNWA
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,461 posts | 3429 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1563: Apr 27, 2024 08:38:56 am

If england win the world cup i will eat an m and s waistcoat and post the pictures to prove it

Quick Reply