Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W5 D2 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Burnley?

Caoimhin Kelleher
      8 (13.3%)
      Jarell Quansah
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.7%)
      Andy Robertson
      6 (10%)
      Alexis Mac Allister
      0 (0%)
      Wataru Endo
      17 (28.3%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Luis Diaz
      0 (0%)
      Darwin Núñez
      2 (3.3%)
      Diogo Jota
      6 (10%)
      Cody Gakpo
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      20 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Voting closed: Feb 14, 2024 04:59:09 pm

Liverpool 3-1 Burnley: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 7564 times
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Re: Liverpool 3-1 Burnley: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #322: Feb 10, 2024 05:33:19 pm
      What is clear is that for some reason some like to have a scapegoat and for some TAA is one - the guy is one of the most talented players in the squad

Klopp doesn’t suffer fools and if he think he isn’t doing what’s needed then he shifts him out

One day people will see that our fullbacks are not traditional ones and even more so TAA who is having to also drift inside , he still covers a sh*t load of ground

I get that, I agree Klopp knows what he gets from Trent and probably takes the cons because the pros are far greater when Trent is firing but the idea that his illness is what led to his lack of work ethic or poor defensive display is a bit naive. The shout to call him a disgrace is obviously a strong one, he isn't a disgrace to the club but it is frustrating to see, but as others have pointed out, other senior members of the team need to hold him accountable also.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,517 posts | 223 
      Reply #323: Feb 10, 2024 05:33:46 pm
      Don't bother fella. And don't quote him ... I have to see his bs then.

There were instances in that first half again were he couldn't be arsed. He was well enough to bomb on when we were attacking etc and well enough to get himself in the centre when we had the ball ... but not well enough to defend again and just let people walk past him and then only well enough to leisurely jog back.

We were better when he went off today ... especially defensively. When Connor feels right or if Gomez is OK then I'd happily play one of them at RB. Trent has all the talent ... but that's not enough is it.

Shout out for Robbo as well. Long time out but did his job defensively and always available on the attack. Good to have him back.

Endo my motm but Harvey did great when he came on and got back in defensively when required.

With all the issues ... its just 3 points and move on and hope to get some numbers back next time out.

Spot on

No idea what those two idiot love birds are watching. Clearly very upset but absolutely clowns at the highest order running around liking each others posts defending each other like tw*ts with posting absolute crap as always   
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 995 posts | 69 
      Reply #324: Feb 10, 2024 05:34:29 pm
      Happy we replaced Hendo with Endo , just a shame Thiago won’t mendo.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,155 posts | 3467 
      Reply #325: Feb 10, 2024 05:37:29 pm
      I get that, I agree Klopp knows what he gets from Trent and probably takes the cons because the pros are far greater when Trent is firing but the idea that his illness is what led to his lack of work ethic or poor defensive display is a bit naive. The shout to call him a disgrace is obviously a strong one, he isn't a disgrace to the club but it is frustrating to see, but as others have pointed out, other senior members of the team need to hold him accountable also.

It’s embarrassing to call someone a disgrace to the shirt and all the other nonsense that’a been spouted , it’s disgusting what some say about their own players

He wasn’t on it today , I suspect that’s down to a combination of fitness , illness and getting over the injury as opposed to the other nonsense some spout
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,599 posts | 1104 
      Reply #326: Feb 10, 2024 05:37:29 pm
      Brentford away where we lost last season ... first up at 12.30 ... a chance to go 5 clear before city play Chelsea.  Then it's Luton at Anfield. No room for error. A nice week to prepare now for that one. City blew them away. I'll be happy with getting 3 points.
      Brian57953956
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 79 posts |
      Reply #327: Feb 10, 2024 05:38:47 pm
      Trent is knee injury, apparently.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,517 posts | 223 
      Reply #328: Feb 10, 2024 05:39:00 pm

You don’t think his lack of work ethic isn’t disgraceful behaviour ?

He chooses not to sprint back with the winger, btw Trent is at near the half way line

Look at robbo who does both btw

Trent’s attitude is that of united players
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #329: Feb 10, 2024 05:42:58 pm
      You don’t think his lack of work ethic isn’t disgraceful behaviour ?

He chooses not to sprint back with the winger, btw Trent is at near the half way line

Look at robbo who does both btw

Trent’s attitude is that was united players

Disgraceful is harsh, if we had Messi walking around I wouldn't call him a disgrace. Some players have that work ethic and some don't, Trent we know does have it in his locked so no doubt he needs to do better in those situations but he is by no means a disgrace.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,508 posts | 1484 
      Reply #330: Feb 10, 2024 05:46:02 pm
      Yep same area as his last injury Jürgen just confirmed it
      Waiting to have it assessed.
      rossyred

• 9,306 posts | 1669 
      Reply #331: Feb 10, 2024 05:51:21 pm
      No surprise they Ave stuck us on 12.30 at a rel tricky ground hoping to see us F**k up . Massive game at least have Ali,Ibou,Gomez,Bradley all back and reckon Mo on the bench
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,395 posts | 788 
      Reply #332: Feb 10, 2024 05:54:11 pm
      Points make prizes. We had to win and we won....nothing else matters at this stage. Keeper MOTM for me.
      Don77

• 6,599 posts | 1104 
      Reply #333: Feb 10, 2024 06:09:24 pm
      No surprise they Ave stuck us on 12.30 at a rel tricky ground hoping to see us F**k up . Massive game at least have Ali,Ibou,Gomez,Bradley all back and reckon Mo on the bench

Ko time doesn't concern me. If we've any business winning this league then 3 points is a must.

What would concern me is the ref and the var and il be looking out for that. I've no doubt at least one of the Manchester contingent will be involved as will be the case when they come to Anfield next month.

But yes, with a week in between I'd hope those you mention will be back. Maybe even Dom ... who knows.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,155 posts | 3467 
      Reply #334: Feb 10, 2024 06:21:04 pm
      Looks like Gravenburch was suffering the after affects of the flu as well -did expect him to come on at the same time as Gakpo
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,403 posts | 191 
      Reply #335: Feb 10, 2024 06:35:52 pm
      Brentford away where we lost last season ... first up at 12.30 ... a chance to go 5 clear before city play Chelsea.  Then it's Luton at Anfield. No room for error. A nice week to prepare now for that one. City blew them away. I'll be happy with getting 3 points.

I think Luton is PPD because the Cup final.  Brentford will be tough, we better be up for it.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,356 posts | 8616 
      Reply #336: Feb 10, 2024 06:37:55 pm
      I think Luton is PPD because the Cup final.  Brentford will be tough, we better be up for it.

Rearranged for the Wednesday before the cup final.
      Harrisimo

• 8,321 posts | 1408 
      Reply #337: Feb 10, 2024 06:38:01 pm
      Spot on

No idea what those two idiot love birds are watching. Clearly very upset but absolutely clowns at the highest order running around liking each others posts defending each other like tw*ts with posting absolute crap as always

What is this claptrap. One minute were all over Klopp saying how great he is and he gets the City, the emotion, best man manager etc etc...now you're advising him to tell Trent to piss off or even worse.

Trent has lost form, focus. We can't just assume he can't be arsed. Klopp and the coaching staff KNOW when a player is 'telephoning' in. I said in the pre match that Trent should watched re his attitude. There is a problem or it looks that way. But I'm not going to just slag him off till I know more.

Knee problem, but there is still a question mark over his levels of motivation. But I support players, have done since 1959 and I will always give any player in a LFC shirt the benefit of the doubt till I know otherwise.
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,403 posts | 191 
      Reply #338: Feb 10, 2024 06:42:13 pm
      Rearranged for the Wednesday before the cup final.

Ahh , wasn't aware the reschedule date . 
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,356 posts | 8616 
      Reply #339: Feb 10, 2024 06:43:03 pm
      Spot on

Grow the F**k up you absolute shithouse mouthy c**t

Keep playing the big man mouthing off sh*te tales and takes from your F***ing armchair. Me and the lovebird will keep supporting the team.

Keep the faith - what a F***ing ironic joke.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,381 posts | 6404 
      Reply #340: Feb 10, 2024 06:45:04 pm
      Trent should not be in the first team again

An absolute disgrace who won’t run for the badge

He is at the half way line and refuses to sprint back to defend whilst others do it for him

All
      Along he is closest to the position and it’s his position

Get him the fk out of the club

He’d walk into any team in the world. Yer havin a laugh mate. 
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,517 posts | 223 
      Reply #341: Feb 10, 2024 06:50:04 pm
      Grow the F**k up you absolute shithouse mouthy c**t

Keep playing the big man mouthing off sh*te tales and takes from your F***ing armchair. Me and the lovebird will keep supporting the team.

Keep the faith - what a F***ing ironic joke.

Oh shut it you clown, you run around here talking sht as always with the other clown and then cries and throws a tantrum when someone calls you out on your rubbish

As I said idiot and that’s what you are and will always be a fool

Grow up

You see fk all as always and talk rubbish as I told you before and just bash a keyboard. His attitude and work ethic is a disgrace and you are an idiot, simple as that.

Where do you sit in the stadium?
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,700 posts | 3937 
      Reply #342: Feb 10, 2024 06:50:58 pm
      Why the F**k are we arguing when we won the game. I’m confused.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,517 posts | 223 
      Reply #343: Feb 10, 2024 06:51:50 pm
      He’d walk into any team in the world. Yer havin a laugh mate. 

Do you really believe that ?
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,517 posts | 223 
      Reply #344: Feb 10, 2024 06:52:29 pm
      Why the F**k are we arguing when we won the game. I’m confused.

Mouthed off and put him down which sent them on a tantrum like a child

Quick Reply