Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 14th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P15 W6 D4 L5

Pre-Match: Liverpool v Southampton FA Cup 5th Round Weds 28th Feb 20:00 Kick Off

Read 4655 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,355 posts | 1411 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool v Southampton FA Cup 5th Round Weds 28th Feb 20:00 Kick Off
      Reply #46: Feb 27, 2024 02:51:34 pm
      Might see starts for Danns, Clark, McConell. Koumas and Nyomi less likely. The first 3 played the full extra time at Wembley obviously, great experience etc.

But you can't fully call out anything as it's very early days and a lot can go wrong. Nyomi looks a great prospects and they all have great potential and at this stage, that's all we can ask.

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,716 posts | 3938 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool v Southampton FA Cup 5th Round Weds 28th Feb 20:00 Kick Off
      Reply #47: Feb 27, 2024 03:12:48 pm
      Weā€™re at home and should be winning! Need some big guns just to make sure
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,715 posts | 3723 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #48: Feb 27, 2024 03:34:31 pm

I would be happy with a draw if we play the youngest guns. We can't expect anything, just enjoy the match as they themselves will.

They will be full of confidence.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,005 posts | 196 
      Reply #49: Feb 27, 2024 04:30:54 pm
      I wonder if we go that leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetul beat stronger if we see Newcastle and Shitty crash out tonight...... :-\
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,005 posts | 196 
      Reply #50: Feb 27, 2024 10:27:17 pm
      Ryan Fraser injured on the weekend is out as is David Brooks who is cup tied. 2 players that have given us a torrid time in the past so I'm happy with that.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,314 posts | 769 
      Reply #51: Feb 27, 2024 11:19:59 pm
      I think the youngsters will really give it a go tomorrow night, they should be full of confidence, against a weakened Southampton side.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,372 posts | 1540 
      Reply #52: Feb 27, 2024 11:50:44 pm
      I would be happy with a draw if we play the youngest guns. We can't expect anything, just enjoy the match as they themselves will.

They will be full of confidence.

A draw 😳 thereā€™s no replays. Itā€™s extra time and pens. Has to be decided on the night.
      Why on earth would you be happy with a draw.
      As many senior players as possible. Get it won then put the kids on if need be.
      The 1/4 final draw takes place tomorrow about 7:00 pm before tomorrows games are played. Weā€™ll know before ko who we will possibly have 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,715 posts | 3723 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #53: Feb 28, 2024 01:36:31 am
      A draw 😳 thereā€™s no replays. Itā€™s extra time and pens. Has to be decided on the night.
      Why on earth would you be happy with a draw.
      As many senior players as possible. Get it won then put the kids on if need be.
      The 1/4 final draw takes place tomorrow about 7:00 pm before tomorrows games are played. Weā€™ll know before ko who we will possibly have 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø

Because maybe we are not fully fit.

We will have enough to beat them.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,209 posts | 1102 
      Reply #54: Feb 28, 2024 03:47:17 am
      I think the youngsters will really give it a go tomorrow night, they should be full of confidence, against a weakened Southampton side.
      They're in a dip of form atm. We get em 1-0
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,963 posts | 5019 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #55: Feb 28, 2024 07:29:26 am
      Jeez, weā€™re gonna miss this fella even more than we expect to, there isnā€™t a miniscule amount of negativity in his body or his mind, even when we are down to the bare bones he finds a way to be upbeat and positive, he oozes confidence, it pours out of his pores and that transmits to the players and anyone else who listens to him, or indeed works with him,

Answering a journalist who asked about who we will likely to be missing; ā€˜ We have to ignore that, we have to ignore they wonā€™t be there, we will have 11 players to choose and we will find a wayā€™ or words to that effect,

his positivity is endless, he spoke of how he hates hearing the crowd sighing in disappointment, how he as a player it affected him from his head to his toes, he has again called upon Anfield to create a atmosphere to help whoever takes the field tonight, i just hope itā€™s not full of the day trippers  who wouldnā€™t know the ā€œFields of Anfield Rdā€ if it bit them on the arse ?

Anyhoo, weā€™ll see wonā€™t we, but I think weā€™ll have a rampant Anfield, and Iā€™d love it if the League Cup was paraded around Anfield just minutes before KO, just to stir up the atmosphere further and allow the young lads playing to come out with a crescendo of noise !!!

Cā€™MON REDMEN!! And a few Kids 🤪🤪

YNWA

Harrisimo

• 8,355 posts | 1411 
      Reply #56: Feb 28, 2024 10:35:49 am
      They're doing well enough, 4th place, some 15 points ahead of Norwich in 7th. So play offs at least. Tough game, decent passing team. Will definitely give it a go.

We'll have to wing it, throw together a team, no big risks, trust the kids and get the crowd up for it and see where it takes us.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,372 posts | 1540 
      Reply #57: Feb 28, 2024 10:48:06 am
      So yes, the youngsters have done well, but we donā€™t want to over do this. Too many of them together could cause us problems. A nice mix of mainly seniors with one or two youngsters would be fine.
      We rely on to many of them we could go out tonight. That would also set back their confidence.
      We need to get it won first and foremost.
      Iā€™m worried now that we will start with too many kids and itā€™ll all go tuts up 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 772 posts | 131 
      Reply #58: Feb 28, 2024 12:12:01 pm
      Kelleher
      Bradley
      Quansah
      VVD
      Tsimikas
      McConnell
      Clark
      Koumas
      Elliott
      Gakpo
      Danns
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,005 posts | 196 
      Reply #59: Feb 28, 2024 12:14:37 pm
      Given our situation I probably would make Soton slight favourites to go through, completely fine with it so long as the kids give everything.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,314 posts | 769 
      Reply #60: Feb 28, 2024 01:51:42 pm
      F**K it gone for a 4  1 win for the young Reds, could well run riot against Southampton.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,357 posts | 290 
      Reply #61: Feb 28, 2024 02:04:11 pm
      I'm in two minds here, I'm usually dead against teams not taking the FA Cup seriously BUT we've just won a domestic cup under extremely difficult circumstances with a huge injury list, I'd be tempted to rest as many first teamers as possible. We have two other huge trophies I desperately want us to win for JĆ¼rgen.
      I'm not suggesting this as the blanket approach for the FA Cup, just this round or until this injury crisis eases a touch.
      Kelleher is hugely important to us at the moment without Ali, I'd give Adrian a game tonight....I'll still back our kids to win tonight.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,042 posts | 537 
      Reply #62: Feb 28, 2024 03:07:30 pm
      Rest as many as possible for this. Have to prioritise the league.
      Harrisimo

• 8,355 posts | 1411 
      Reply #63: Feb 28, 2024 03:46:54 pm
      Rest as many as possible for this. Have to prioritise the league.

Make it a cushy 2-0 win, give the fans a rest as well.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,577 posts | 1803 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #64: Feb 28, 2024 03:54:22 pm

I can't see many big guns starting at all.

Guys that played 130mins Sunday, bench at best.
      Guys that played 90mins Sunday, start maybe bench.

Anyone that played less than 70mins probably starting. Unless injured.

Guys like sobo, Salah and nunez, bench if we're lucky.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,577 posts | 1803 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #65: Feb 28, 2024 03:55:24 pm
      I'm in two minds here, I'm usually dead against teams not taking the FA Cup seriously BUT we've just won a domestic cup under extremely difficult circumstances with a huge injury list, I'd be tempted to rest as many first teamers as possible. We have two other huge trophies I desperately want us to win for JĆ¼rgen.
      I'm not suggesting this as the blanket approach for the FA Cup, just this round or until this injury crisis eases a touch.
      Kelleher is hugely important to us at the moment without Ali, I'd give Adrian a game tonight....I'll still back our kids to win tonight.

Not many first team guys left that are not injured. L o l
      RedBelle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 824 posts | 136 
      Reply #66: Feb 28, 2024 04:53:27 pm
      I get that we're wanting to keep as many as possible from getting injuries but I sincerely hope Kelleher starts tonight.
      Adrian seems a great bloke and he's obviously well though of off the field but I don't want to see him between the sticks! :o

red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,853 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #67: Feb 28, 2024 04:54:30 pm
      Feeling optimistic for this game after Sunday's attitude and performance from all our players ,2-0 result would do me , When does Bacjetic return from injury ? be great to relieve Endo or Mac for the last 20 minutes , bring the youngsters on and let them do the business !
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,005 posts | 196 
      Reply #68: Feb 28, 2024 04:58:07 pm

Quick Reply