Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 5th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

The Run In

Read 19986 times
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,665 posts | 491 
      Re: The Run In
      Reply #184: Apr 14, 2024 06:44:52 pm
      We could do with Arsenal and City slogging it out over two legs in a CL semi final. That’s the only way I see City losing a game - couple of injuries or fatigue from those CL games.

City probably goes ahead, Pep's got Ancelotti's number now, it was only sheer madness how they choked the semi final in 2022. I expect an easy win. Meanwhile Arteta on the other has only 1 win away from home in CL , that too against piss poor Sevilla, I'm not expecting much from them TBH, I think they go out, and start bottling up on their own in league like they always do.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,245 posts | 3496 
      Reply #185: Apr 14, 2024 06:45:22 pm
      Feeling incredibly flat. Not just the result but it was the manner of the performance plus the performance on Thursday. Literally fell off a cliff. Misplaced passes, players tackling eachother, running into eachother, miscommunications, heavy touches. They literally played like strangers today. The Arsenal result brings a glimmer of hope but it’s the hope that kills you and city won’t make the same mistake. Just a really poor performance and a damp squib of a result. Feels like we’re on the Jürgen Klopp farewell tour despite the gooner result
      There is time to turn this around

As quickly as the form dropping it can be rediscovered
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,418 posts | 1437 
      Reply #186: Apr 14, 2024 06:46:12 pm
      Fella, bollocks to straw clutching, this is still on.
      Despite all the the bed wetters  on here this ain't over.
      Upwards and onwards we go again.
      C'mon the Redmen we can still do this.

But what pisses me off is if teams put in more effort against City, they might have a chance. But they just back off..from the off. They're a great team but teams dropping deep every game makes it easier for them.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #187: Apr 14, 2024 06:49:42 pm
      So City will win it again.

YAWN.

Shame we bottled it this season, and Arsenal every season!
      DanMann

• 5,802 posts | 892 
      Reply #188: Apr 14, 2024 06:54:42 pm
      Nice of Arsenal and Liverpool to hand City the title. One horse race.

At least that takes the pressure off us in the league now so we can focus on scoring lots of goals against Atalanta  :roll:
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,064 posts | 547 
      Reply #189: Apr 14, 2024 06:56:48 pm
      Feeling incredibly flat. Not just the result but it was the manner of the performance plus the performance on Thursday. Literally fell off a cliff. Misplaced passes, players tackling eachother, running into eachother, miscommunications, heavy touches. They literally played like strangers today. The Arsenal result brings a glimmer of hope but it’s the hope that kills you and city won’t make the same mistake. Just a really poor performance and a damp squib of a result. Feels like we’re on the Jürgen Klopp farewell tour despite the gooner result

Players running into each other is something I've noticed all season. Think it's cos we have a lot of new players and they still aren't reading each other 100%. Number of times you see somebody getting the ball in a good position and then another of our players gets in his way. Seems to happen all the time in and around the box.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,251 posts | 1227 
      Reply #190: Apr 14, 2024 06:57:10 pm
      We need snookers at this stage. Arsenal result doesn't change an awful lot as City are still two points ahead with the easiest run in. Hopefully some of those teams at least consider putting in a performance against them.
      Scottbot

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #191: Apr 14, 2024 06:57:14 pm
      But what pisses me off is if teams put in more effort against City, they might have a chance. But they just back off..from the off. They're a great team but teams dropping deep every game makes it easier for them.

That’s nonsense dude. We give teams opportunities. It’s not about them making more effort vs LFC. Against city they don’t see the ball for 80 odd minutes. We’re too open, too easy to beat our press, too easy to get down our right wing and our lads are wasteful in front of goal. It all adds up. You can’t ship the first goal like we do and keep on getting away with it. It’s not sustainable.
      IrishRed86
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | 37 
      Reply #192: Apr 14, 2024 06:58:07 pm
      If we dropped points away to Fulham I wouldn’t have been too surprised but losing to Palace at home is criminal. You’ve got to win your home games in a title run in.

I’d have hope if we were unlucky or a referring decision went again us but we are not playing well. Salah looks a busted flush since he returned from injury. Curtis Jones is while he’s an honest hard working lad just isn’t good enough to be in a Liverpool midfield. As for Nunez…Jesus Christ.
      Scottbot

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #193: Apr 14, 2024 07:00:53 pm
      There is time to turn this around

As quickly as the form dropping it can be rediscovered

You’re ain optimist dude. I’m struggling to see it at the moment. We’ve just strung together three of the worst games I’ve seen us play under Klopp discounting the season after we won the league. We need to win out, have Arsenal drop points and city lose a game. I can’t see it.
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #194: Apr 14, 2024 07:03:26 pm
      What’s our goal conversion rate? If you can’t score you cannot win, never mind dominate your opponent.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #195: Apr 14, 2024 07:06:56 pm
      We need snookers at this stage. Arsenal result doesn't change an awful lot as City are still two points ahead with the easiest run in. Hopefully some of those teams at least consider putting in a performance against them.

City will smash all of them they still look fresh as daisies
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,245 posts | 3496 
      Reply #196: Apr 14, 2024 07:08:47 pm
      You’re ain optimist dude. I’m struggling to see it at the moment. We’ve just strung together three of the worst games I’ve seen us play under Klopp discounting the season after we won the league. We need to win out, have Arsenal drop points and city lose a game. I can’t see it.

Can only be an optimist when history over the years shows the club can give us the belief we can overturn anything
      Harrisimo

• 8,418 posts | 1437 
      Reply #197: Apr 14, 2024 07:09:26 pm
      What’s our goal conversion rate? If you can’t score you cannot win, never mind dominate your opponent.

And conceded 12 since Sparta....less than one month ago..17th March...conceded 4 v United.
      Scottbot

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #198: Apr 14, 2024 07:16:26 pm
      Can only be an optimist when history over the years shows the club can give us the belief we can overturn anything

I would love to feel as optimistic bud, can’t help but feel completely flat though. I’m not sure your point holds in regards to the league. 1 title in 33 years doesn’t necessarily back it up. A famous comeback in Italy on Thursday would restore some faith though
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,246 posts | 1112 
      Reply #199: Apr 14, 2024 11:48:11 pm
      City fans could say the same thing. They're use to this pressure and have won out a few times to claim title races. We haven't been able to close that gap in these types of races.....

Again, I want you to be right, but I don't like how you call people names because they don't share your optimism. It's understandable to be down after this past week
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,892 posts | 6822 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #200: Apr 14, 2024 11:55:42 pm
      I went to sleep with no hope

I woke up and have that glimmer of hope in my Heart.

Thanku Villa.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,246 posts | 1112 
      Reply #201: Apr 15, 2024 12:35:04 am
      I went to sleep with no hope

I woke up and have that glimmer of hope in my Heart.

Thanku Villa.
      Arse will drop more points..... Need to hope City progress and keep playing tough games in the UCL and drop 0 sonewhere....

None of that means crap if we don't wake the fudge up
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,363 posts | 290 
      Reply #202: Apr 15, 2024 12:44:19 am

I've said this for years now, have a go at City you might lose 4-2 but you might win 2-1....sit back give them the ball they'll always score.
      Do you ever see a 0-0 City game?
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,363 posts | 290 
      Reply #203: Apr 15, 2024 12:47:19 am
      Another annoying thing we play Fulham before City play again in the league, we could've really ramped the pressure up...we'll just have to win now and hope for the best.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,246 posts | 1112 
      Reply #204: Apr 15, 2024 12:56:01 am
      I've said this for years now, have a go at City you might lose 4-2 but you might win 2-1....sit back give them the ball they'll always score.
      Do you ever see a 0-0 City game?
      Two weeks ago. Arsenal  :lmao:
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,363 posts | 290 
      Reply #205: Apr 15, 2024 04:28:25 am

:mad:oh yeah  :lmao:

I meant against lower clubs tbh not challengers, it was in response to teams sitting back from the off and not having a go at City.

I'd forgotten about that...oh come on I'm upset 😆
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #206: Apr 15, 2024 07:37:50 am
      City win with something like a 5 point gap.

We want to be careful of Villa and Spurs now as we've got to play the pair of them.

Yep

I said to my bother a couple weeks back that our run in isn't as easy as people think.

Heard some pundits compare the run ins as all being similar but for me ours was always the most challenging.

The Mancs, the derby and then Villa and Spurs as well were in there.

Quick Reply