Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

The Run In

Read 14899 times
      Rush and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,527 posts | 1516 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Re: The Run In
      Reply #23: Mar 31, 2024 06:43:15 pm
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,199 posts | 1642 
      Reply #24: Mar 31, 2024 06:56:26 pm
      Need to go and absolutely smash Sheffield United at Anfield and make that goal difference not as significantā€¦although arse will probably do same to Luton
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,203 posts | 1101 
      Reply #25: Mar 31, 2024 07:00:32 pm
      Just keep winning by 2 or 3 and keep City at bay on goal difference. Arse remind me of us a few years back. Hard to beat but I can see them with one or two silly draws in then.

Need both of them to keep progressing in the CL. The more games for them the better it is for us
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,144 posts | 3466 
      Reply #26: Mar 31, 2024 09:29:20 pm
      paulow63
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 678 posts | 89 
      Reply #27: Mar 31, 2024 11:12:51 pm
      Nine cup finals, one match at a time. Sheffield United next. Just concentrate on that one. Nothing more we can do.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,131 posts | 83 
      Reply #28: Apr 01, 2024 02:35:37 am
      I just pray internally Klopp prioritizes PL over Europa League and acts accordingly with player selection. Because PL = CL > EuropaLeague > FA-Cup > EFL-Cup.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,177 posts | 526 
      Reply #29: Apr 01, 2024 10:20:17 am
      I just pray internally Klopp prioritizes PL over Europa League and acts accordingly with player selection. Because PL = CL > EuropaLeague > FA-Cup > EFL-Cup.

Well if you win the Europa league, you qualify for the Champions league fella, double edged sword and all that.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,897 posts | 428 
      Reply #30: Apr 01, 2024 11:19:32 am
      I dont want to be a cocky tw*t or tempt fare here but we should be using Thursdays game as a chance to get that goal difference away from Man City to solidfy the 3 point advantage we have over them and  get it closer to Arsenal in the process.

A big win Thursday can help us so that we can perhaps drop points in the run in and still get home.

Having said that any win I will take when the final whistle is blown. That's the most important thing.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,897 posts | 428 
      Reply #31: Apr 01, 2024 11:22:15 am
      Well if you win the Europa league, you qualify for the Champions league fella, double edged sword and all that.

Tbf we've already achieved that in our league position and in this instance he is right. We have gone too strong in that competition at times and picked up key injuries in doing so.

I'm confident we can progress through Europe without chucking the kitchen sink at it.

Especially like a few weeks back when we were 5-1 ahead!!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,381 posts | 6403 
      Reply #32: Apr 01, 2024 02:26:21 pm

Imagine thinking you needed to pray that Klopp knows what he's doing.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,381 posts | 6403 
      Reply #33: Apr 01, 2024 02:27:17 pm
      I dont want to be a cocky tw*t or tempt fare here but we should be using Thursdays game as a chance to get that goal difference away from Man City to solidfy the 3 point advantage we have over them and  get it closer to Arsenal in the process.

A big win Thursday can help us so that we can perhaps drop points in the run in and still get home.

Having said that any win I will take when the final whistle is blown. That's the most important thing.

Do you mean get the goal difference away from Arsenal? We already own City by like 5 goals I think.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,144 posts | 3466 
      Reply #34: Apr 01, 2024 02:41:21 pm

3 points is all that matters - Iā€™ll take a 1 nil now
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,333 posts | 8607 
      Reply #35: Apr 01, 2024 04:38:36 pm

Don't be silly, we go to win every trophy possible.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,365 posts | 1538 
      Reply #36: Apr 01, 2024 08:53:20 pm
      we've just gotta go all out to win every game now. One at a time, everyone a cup final.  Mans and Spurs the big tests.

Villa still fighting with spurs for that fourth spot, so maybe they can do us a favour v city on Wednesday. A draw for them will do.
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #37: Apr 01, 2024 09:56:52 pm
      There will be at least two types of fans at this stage. Those who believe we can win it and those who refuse to believe we will win it until the outcome is out or maybe almost over the line.

Iā€™m just wondering which team is the their expected winner of the league, for those who refuse to believe that we can win it. Is it City? City are always and in all accounts better than us. And so we are expected to slip and they are expected to win out. Is that the thinking for these people right now in managing expectations to avoid disappointment?
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #38: Apr 01, 2024 10:00:38 pm
      Don't be silly, we go to win every trophy possible.

I hope we will lose to win. What kind of approach is this? :lmao: I believe we hated some managers before for their ā€œteam selectionā€ to ā€œmanage match fixtureā€. Was that Real Madrid?
      RedWilly

• 9,199 posts | 1642 
      Reply #39: Apr 01, 2024 10:02:59 pm
      Do you mean get the goal difference away from Arsenal? We already own City by like 5 goals I think.

I donā€™t think a 5 GD (or 6 behind Arsenal) is that significant.

Lose 2-0 (very possible), city win 3-0 (very possible) and that will be eliminated.

We need to smash the fodder like Sheffield United and give ourselves the best chance but I donā€™t think itā€™s a huge variable until thereā€™s about 5 games to go
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,828 posts | 6776 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #40: Apr 02, 2024 12:49:44 am
      What an ending to the Season we have in store.

Buckle up for the ride peeps, this sh*t gonna get crazy!

Just ask one thing lads,

STOP CONCEEDING sh*t GOALS INSIDE THE FIRST 5 MINUTES OF EVERY F***ing GAME.

We got 9 league games to go, not sure my heart can cope, so give our hearts a break lads and score first and second and third, then we can start to relax    and enjoy the games...a little.

PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,608 posts | 752 
      Reply #41: Apr 02, 2024 12:58:49 am
      Why do PUNDITS keep saying Liverpool have an easier run in?

They have Spurs, Man United, the Merseyside Derby and Aston Villa who are chasing Top 4.

Neither Arsenal or City have these hard of games.

City have the easiest run-in hands down.

Are these guys even looking at the Fixture list?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,828 posts | 6776 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #42: Apr 02, 2024 01:39:05 am

They  WE have Spurs, Man United, the Merseyside Derby and Aston Villa who are chasing Top 4.

Fixed that for ya mate.  ;)
      sarnobat
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Reply #43: Apr 02, 2024 10:11:52 pm

They have Spurs, Man United, the Merseyside Derby and Aston Villa who are chasing Top 4.

I too am bamboozled by this. We don't have an easy run in at all. Man City need to slip up Crystalbul style for us to be in control of this.
      sarnobat
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Reply #44: Apr 02, 2024 10:12:46 pm
      Nine cup finals, one match at a time. Sheffield United next. Just concentrate on that one. Nothing more we can do.

I'm trying but the media pumping us up is really setting me up for disappointment. I'm trying to avoid listening to podcasts at the moment.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,421 posts | 2836 
      Reply #45: Apr 02, 2024 10:17:45 pm

Our fixtures are pretty comparable with Arsenal. Both go to United, both have Spurs and Villa with one being away.

City's run in on paper certainly looks the easiest and I'd be very surprised if they drop any points.

I said we'd need 28 before Brighton and still going with that now. 8 wins and a draw will win it for us (can't see Arsenal winning every game).

Quick Reply