Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

The Run In

Read 17815 times
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Re: The Run In
      Reply #276: Apr 21, 2024 11:53:59 am
      Quick translation - throw the towel in.

And you know who’s the happiest user if we crash and burn? That Fibonacci person. I’m going to channel my sarcasm towards this person. I think if Jürgen dies, Fibonacci would celebrate till no end. 01123 whatever… worse than a blue sh*te and even Keith is class.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #277: Apr 21, 2024 12:07:27 pm
      Just win
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,465 posts | 822 
      Reply #278: Apr 21, 2024 12:09:22 pm
      And wolves chased and harassed them for 95 minutes. Arsenal controlled the game by passing to each other in tight spaces when under pressure.
      2-0 flattered Arsenal...Wolves down to the bare bones with injuries with no attacking players fit to play....I'm guessing they'll all be fit for when they play us though.
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 825 posts | 141 
      Reply #279: Apr 21, 2024 12:15:05 pm
      Big rumours Salah has been benched and today's line up is a bit random to say the least.
      We shall wait and see....
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,450 posts | 8656 
      Reply #280: Apr 21, 2024 12:54:17 pm
      Mate they will all be up for it.

Every Team gives 150% when they play us, for some reason!

They bend over backwards for City and Arsenal but they all want our scalp as their F***ing clowning glory of their sh*t seasons!!

But we shouldn't let them in reality. Play our game and we should snot them. Take our foot off the gas.................😱
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,450 posts | 8656 
      Reply #281: Apr 21, 2024 12:55:47 pm
      2-0 flattered Arsenal...Wolves down to the bare bones with injuries with no attacking players fit to play....I'm guessing they'll all be fit for when they play us though.

I'm not even worried about Wolves, only game is today, it's basically sh*t or bust now.
      « Last Edit: Apr 21, 2024 02:08:31 pm by HUYTON RED »
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,934 posts | 448 
      Reply #282: Apr 21, 2024 01:04:32 pm
      It's all gone to sh*t let's face it. The only positive is 2 weeks ago was stressing like F**k and now that the worst has happened its happened.

No more nerves for me and a calmer person to be around.

Title race from our perspective a very long shot that's barely worth worrying about and our top 4 place all but secured.

Out of Europe so the players will be booking their holidays a week earlier.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,465 posts | 822 
      Reply #283: Apr 21, 2024 01:12:39 pm
      Even over the past 3/4 weeks witnessing the most dispiriting of results imaginable...we have created many clear cut chances to score. There is one obvious answer; We have to score goals, not a goal, singular...but goals, plural, because as we have seen 1 goal isn't likely to be enough to guarantee 3 points. It's vital we keep up the pressure on our rivals and that's simply impossible without scoring goals . It's time we put this miserable few weeks into the "Best forgotten" cupboard and hope the team can give us something to improve our collective mood.
      DanMann

• 5,797 posts | 892 
      Reply #284: Apr 21, 2024 02:32:44 pm
      No pre match thread. Fair reflection on the mood. :laugh:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,450 posts | 8656 
      Reply #285: Apr 21, 2024 02:41:41 pm
      No pre match thread. Fair reflection on the mood. :laugh:

Don't be F***ing smug about it.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,357 posts | 290 
      Reply #286: Apr 21, 2024 03:26:26 pm
      I'm in two minds here, our season seems to have imploded within a few weeks probably since the Utd cup match certainly the league game against them which im obviously gutted about.
      It seems amazing that we can still go joint top today despite never really being on fire at any point this season.
      We've been blighted with injury this season so we've probably done well to be where we are.
      All we can do today is win, there's no point in worrying about the title as we need City to drop points now which I don't think is gonna happen tbh. We need to stop this slump and maintain our top four place, a win today and Wednesday will go a long way to that...just keep going .
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #287: Apr 21, 2024 03:57:55 pm
      While there is still hope we have to believe, what is the other choice? Roll over and die?

No thanks. We are still in this.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,356 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #288: Apr 21, 2024 07:06:59 pm
      Tuesday Arsenal v chelsea chance there for points being dropped

We can pounce then Wednesday

City out thursday at Brighton

We could potentially go into the weekend top and were up first then
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #289: Apr 21, 2024 07:23:29 pm
      Got the three points today thankfully. Least have put daylight between us and that CP result.
      Just don't see City slipping up. Chavs might be able to do something at Arse, maybe.

Just need to hope they both slip at some point. And that we don't at all.

Lloyd Christmas : I want to ask you a question, straight out, flat out, and I want you to give me the honest answer. What do you think the chances are of a guy like you and a girl like me ending up together?
      Mary Swanson : I'd say more like one out of a million.
      Lloyd Christmas : [long pause] So you're telling me there's a chance.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,226 posts | 1109 
      Reply #290: Apr 21, 2024 08:05:15 pm
      While there is still hope we have to believe, what is the other choice? Roll over and die?

No thanks. We are still in this.
      I wished you posted more and others posted a lot less.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,465 posts | 822 
      Reply #291: Apr 21, 2024 08:06:35 pm
      It'll take a monumental effort to win all the remaining games...but it's by no means impossible. Arsenal will drop points, against either Chelsea or Spurs...hopefully both. So for me it's us and City...We win all our games and City draw just one game and it could all come down to goal difference.
      That Crystal Palace result last week was a Fu*king disaster.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,245 posts | 1226 
      Reply #292: Apr 21, 2024 09:58:34 pm
      I just can't be arsed thinking about permutations at this stage. That way brought emotional turmoil and distress. Let's just play half decent and get some points on the board 🙂
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,131 posts | 83 
      Reply #293: Apr 22, 2024 12:43:49 am
      We can only hope. One piece of hope is that we are loaded again. And those players coming back do not disrupt the team flow anymore (which they did previously and therefore our dip vs. ManU, CP and Atalanta - at least that is my theory) since they got enough game time now. We have to treat every game as a CL-Final and take it step-by-step.
      Tadders

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #294: Apr 22, 2024 05:24:15 pm
      Can you believe arsenal played wolves with their best players missing and now Cole palmer is out for Chelsea tomorrow.
      Harrisimo

• 8,395 posts | 1423 
      Reply #295: Apr 22, 2024 08:32:23 pm
      Just stuck me Everton prediction up...0-3....'ave it baldy..
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,882 posts | 6816 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #296: Apr 22, 2024 11:48:28 pm
      Of course they go and win just before they play us! Just for some sort of confidence!

And of course West Ham get pummelled then have a nice little break whilst we get to meet them at 12:30.

Two c**t Clubs who will try to do everything they can to F**k us, but bend over backwards for the others in the race.

David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,326 posts | 773 
      Reply #297: Apr 23, 2024 12:05:26 am
      Concentrate on our own games, try to gain maximum points.
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 825 posts | 141 
      Reply #298: Apr 23, 2024 07:01:55 am
      Of course they go and win just before they play us! Just for some sort of confidence!

And of course West Ham get pummelled then have a nice little break whilst we get to meet them at 12:30.

Two c**t Clubs who will try to do everything they can to F**k us, but bend over backwards for the others in the race.
      If Liverpool show even 50% of their capabilities against Everton, we should have way too much for them.
      They'll put up a dog fight alright, but hopefully we'll get a couple of first half goals to deflate them. They're literally dog muck...
      We've had the number on West Ham for a good few seasons now. Let's keep it going...
      You're showing your nerves lad. Don't blink...  ;D

Quick Reply