Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W5 D2 L3

The Run In

Read 14940 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,961 posts | 5018 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: The Run In
      Reply #299: Apr 23, 2024 07:17:03 am
      Earlier in this campaign when we had most fit we went on a 15 match unbeaten run, we’re at the business end of this campaign now with most of our players fit, so there is no reason we can’t finish off in style by winning five on the bounce,
      It will matter not a joy if the cheats win all of theirs,
      We concentrate on us, and I think that’s exactly what we will do, five cup final matches and the last five with Jürgen as manager, so let’s go out with a f***in Bang and see where it takes us,

We can’t control what others do or don’t do all we have is ourselves and if there is any justification in this fu**ed up world it will remember the injustice of that VAR. decision at Spuds and that Karma will come out and do its thing, maybe another Var decision going our way for a change!!

For me though whatever happens this season is successful because no one expected us to be anywhere near a title challenge yet here we are with Five transitional games to go and we’re still in it !!!!!

YNWA
      redno7
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 159 posts | 14 
      Reply #300: Apr 23, 2024 09:06:36 am
      Can you believe arsenal played wolves with their best players missing and now Cole palmer is out for Chelsea tomorrow.

Stinks of Arab money. No coincidence Palmer was at City before Chelsea? Big brown envelope arrived through his letter box, stuffed with cash.
      Dirty cheating City at it again
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,395 posts | 788 
      Reply #301: Apr 23, 2024 11:12:20 am
      If Liverpool show even 50% of their capabilities against Everton, we should have way too much for them.
      They'll put up a dog fight alright, but hopefully we'll get a couple of first half goals to deflate them. They're literally dog muck...
      We've had the number on West Ham for a good few seasons now. Let's keep it going...
      You're showing your nerves lad. Don't blink...  ;D
      Sorry to bring the tone down..but the only thing that is "literally" dog muck....is dog muck...though it's fair to say Everton stink.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,527 posts | 1516 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #302: Apr 23, 2024 04:28:50 pm
      Jürgen Klopp:

"Unfortunately Diogo scored a goal and felt a bit and he will be out for two weeks."
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,308 posts | 2852 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #303: Apr 23, 2024 05:07:05 pm
      Jürgen Klopp:

"Unfortunately Diogo scored a goal and felt a bit and he will be out for two weeks."

Felt a bit what???

Sorry but I think a lot of these lads fairy out if they " feel " something, and maybe physios dont help either.

Just dont understand with 5 games to go how feeling something as opposed to knowing your hurt would allow yourself to sit out....he may well be unable to play but dont say felt something say exactly what it is
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,155 posts | 3467 
      Reply #304: Apr 23, 2024 05:19:53 pm
      Felt a bit what???

Sorry but I think a lot of these lads fairy out if they " feel " something, and maybe physios dont help either.

Just dont understand with 5 games to go how feeling something as opposed to knowing your hurt would allow yourself to sit out....he may well be unable to play but dont say felt something say exactly what it is

Goes back to something someone said a few years back

Modern players don’t seem to play through niggles , they only play when 100% fully fit
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,356 posts | 8616 
      Reply #305: Apr 23, 2024 05:21:54 pm
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 988 posts | 192 
      Reply #306: Apr 23, 2024 05:22:55 pm
      Felt a bit what???

I'm guessing his groin.

Back in the XI, scores. Team wins.

I'm thinking he went OTT on his celebrations and went in too hard last night.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,308 posts | 2852 
      Reply #307: Apr 23, 2024 05:34:34 pm
      Goes back to something someone said a few years back

Modern players don’t seem to play through niggles , they only play when 100% fully fit

I bet rhey all feel niggle free 100% for a last day of the season title game or a European cup final
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,961 posts | 5018 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #308: Apr 23, 2024 07:11:57 pm
      Felt a bit what???

C’Mon Brian, close them sarcastic eyeballs mate, no one knows how much that ‘Bit’ felt except Jota himself, maybe he felt it was more serious than just the ‘bit’ Jürgen described, i think players are duty bound to report niggles, strains, sprains etc so as NOT make it any worse than it is, and to treat it quickly and avoid something more sinister from developing,
      Yes it’s f***in annoying but ultimately the health of the players takes precedence over carrying a slight knock irrespective of how many games are left, it’s obviously serious enough to knock him out of action for two weeks, so I’d say it’s more than a ‘bit’  Wouldn't you ??

YNWA
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,321 posts | 1408 
      Reply #309: Apr 23, 2024 07:47:02 pm
      Arsenal V Chelsea. City still the big danger and are favourites but still this is a big game. Palmer out. Think Arsenal will win it 2-0 something like that.

Might watch a bit in between the snooker..and the soaps..
      Tadders

• 6,796 posts | 575 
      Reply #310: Apr 23, 2024 09:46:17 pm
      Arsenal fans I know are shitting themselves about spurs away. A bit like us tomorrow.

If we get to spurs at home and we are still in it - who knows
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,144 posts | 2743 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #311: Apr 23, 2024 09:50:13 pm
      Arsenal fans I know are shitting themselves about spurs away. A bit like us tomorrow.

If we get to spurs at home and we are still in it - who knows

If they continue to play the way they’re playing tonite spurs will be a roll over. It’s a good as performance as I’ve seen them all year. I know it’s only chavs but you can only beat what’s put in front of you.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,356 posts | 8616 
      Reply #312: Apr 23, 2024 09:51:34 pm

Are we?

No fear going to Goodison tomorrow, they're F***ing crap, if we don't beat them blueshite tomorrow we don't deserve the league.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,005 posts | 224 
      Reply #313: Apr 23, 2024 09:52:55 pm
      13 goals to make up, oh boy
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,308 posts | 2852 
      Reply #314: Apr 23, 2024 09:56:57 pm
      Just win tomortow

We do that we then go and win at west ham and pressure then on arsenal to go to spurs
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,395 posts | 788 
      Reply #315: Apr 23, 2024 10:13:48 pm
      Just win tomortow

We do that we then go and win at west ham and pressure then on arsenal to go to spurs
      Agree. Everton will scrap as they always do, but we've got more than enough to batter them...West Ham...seem to be in free fall and not a happy camp...If we can keep a clean sheet we'll win that comfortably as well.
      Millsy75
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 313 posts | 48 
      Reply #316: Apr 23, 2024 10:23:42 pm
      If they continue to play the way they’re playing tonite spurs will be a roll over. It’s a good as performance as I’ve seen them all year. I know it’s only chavs but you can only beat what’s put in front of you.
      your kidding,chelsea were garbage,and like your lot are in a mess at the minute
      DanMann

• 5,781 posts | 891 
      Reply #317: Apr 23, 2024 10:31:39 pm
      Pretty clear that Arsenal are the best team this season and deserve to win the league. They say the table never lies but of course it does. If Arsenal don't win the league it will be most unfortunate for them.

City are of course still favourites because of their run in but neither team look like dropping points.

For us now it's about taking as many points as we can and see whether we take 2nd or 3rd. We would have to be extremely fortunate over the coming games to win the title and frankly we don't deserve it.

Out of the two I'd prefer City to win as I would be so annoyed to see Arsenal win and not us in the year when City slip up. Would be amazing to win the title this season but only the slimmest of hopes now.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,144 posts | 2743 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #318: Apr 23, 2024 10:47:54 pm
      your kidding,chelsea were garbage,

That’s basically what I said!
      Scottbot

• 9,620 posts | 2159 
      Reply #319: Apr 23, 2024 11:21:01 pm
      Just got to stay in the race and prey. Seems very unlikely but it’s important to stay on their heels.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,039 posts | 537 
      Reply #320: Apr 24, 2024 12:18:49 am
      Actually thought the Chavs might do us a favour tonight. You forget how sh*te they really are. F**k knows where they'd be without Palmer.

Arsenal were very good it must be said. Still don't think they are going to win it though.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,828 posts | 6776 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #321: Apr 24, 2024 01:05:42 am
      F**k me, people talking about City and us fighting it out. These Arsenal cu*ts won't given in and I don't think they are gonna bottle it like we all think and hope.

Make me sick if those cu*ts win.

Quick Reply