Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 13th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W7 D4 L5

The Run In

Read 15091 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,662 posts | 6960 
      Re: The Run In
      Reply #368: Apr 28, 2024 04:28:31 pm
      PL Form Last five games

Arsenal Won 4 out of 5
      City Won 4 out of 5
      LFC Won 1 out of 5.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,131 posts | 83 
      Reply #369: Apr 28, 2024 05:08:03 pm
      I would be Very curious to hear a real expert about how this collapse can be explained because frankly, I’ve never seen one like that.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,369 posts | 8620 
      Reply #370: Apr 28, 2024 05:09:27 pm
      I would be Very curious to hear a real expert about how this collapse can be explained because frankly, I’ve never seen one like that.

Newcastle 1996 - 12 point lead and blew it!!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,161 posts | 3469 
      Reply #371: Apr 28, 2024 05:10:43 pm

It’s called sport and players being humans and losing form
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,350 posts | 289 
      Reply #372: Apr 28, 2024 05:18:21 pm
      Back in the big time and something to really look forward to!

We need a renewed energy and new confidence, players and fans.
      We need a return to when we actually couldn't wait for these big European nights big clashes in the league as you knew we'd take the game to the opposition and probably take them to the cleaners.
      This season you are watching us knowing we'll control possession but likely to concede a soft goal or need about 15 chances to score 1.
      Confidence seems at rock bottom now. I also think we've missed Hendersons attitude around the club, OK he was no spring chicken but he didn't half put a shift in and would demand it from others.
      Paul Red
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 49 posts |
      Reply #373: Apr 28, 2024 06:03:01 pm
      PL Form Last five games

Arsenal Won 4 out of 5
      City Won 4 out of 5
      LFC Won 1 out of 5.

And City are winning again at Forest
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,398 posts | 790 
      Reply #374: Apr 28, 2024 06:26:45 pm
      It’s called sport and players being humans and losing form
      That non performance against Everton had nothing, nothing to do with form...it was an attitude problem.....and it's been there since at least Old Trafford.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,161 posts | 3469 
      Reply #375: Apr 28, 2024 06:32:46 pm
      PL Form Last five games

Arsenal Won 4 out of 5
      City Won 4 out of 5
      LFC Won 1 out of 5.

We have won 2 out of 5
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,565 posts | 1498 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #376: Apr 28, 2024 06:35:17 pm
      In the race for 3rd and 4th Villa are creeping up behind us a little too closely when you consider the games to be played... they play Brighton next who are in terrible form so that should be 3 points for them... and then they play us... and on current form I wouldn't expect a win for us...

We play Spurs between now and us playing them, which could go any way right now... but yeah, worst case scenario they could be 2 points behind us after we play them... so we better start getting our act together soon.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,161 posts | 3469 
      Reply #377: Apr 28, 2024 06:39:38 pm
      In the race for 3rd and 4th Villa are creeping up behind us a little too closely when you consider the games to be played... they play Brighton next who are in terrible form so that should be 3 points for them... and then they play us... and on current form I wouldn't expect a win for us...

We play Spurs between now and us playing them, which could go any way right now... but yeah, worst case scenario they could be 2 points behind us after we play them... so we better start getting our act together soon.

Villa have a European semi inbetween prem games and they just need to drop two points and 3rd is sorted

It will be a flat end to the season but I don’t expect us to lose all the last 3 remaining games
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,161 posts | 3469 
      Reply #378: Apr 28, 2024 07:07:41 pm
      That non performance against Everton had nothing, nothing to do with form...it was an attitude problem.....and it's been there since at least Old Trafford.
      A game where we dominated the stats but poor defending and the players being flat let us down
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,398 posts | 790 
      Reply #379: Apr 28, 2024 07:21:40 pm
      A game where we dominated the stats but poor defending and the players being flat let us down
      I honestly couldn't give a monkey's if we had 99% possession and 300 shots on target....If you think that that attitude in a derby when we were still in with a shout for the top prize was nothing but a "bit flat" then that's your prerogative....I obviously think it stank.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,662 posts | 6960 
      Reply #380: Apr 28, 2024 08:06:03 pm

Man Utd 2-2
      Palace 0-1
      Fulham 3-1
      Everton 0-2
      West Ham 2-2

Definitely 1.

10 points dropped.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,161 posts | 3469 
      Reply #381: Apr 28, 2024 08:18:13 pm
      Man Utd 2-2
      Palace 0-1
      Fulham 3-1
      Everton 0-2
      West Ham 2-2

Definitely 1.

10 points dropped.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/formtabelle/wettbewerb/GB1/saison_id/2023

Not sure where they are going wrong

Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,660 posts | 489 
      Reply #382: Apr 28, 2024 09:08:50 pm

Everton game is officially matchweek 29 game, that was postponed, so you are checking last 5 matchweeks, which also includes Sheffield game.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,161 posts | 3469 
      Reply #383: Apr 28, 2024 09:10:48 pm
      Everton game is officially matchweek 29 game, that was postponed, so you are checking last 5 matchweeks, which also includes Sheffield game.

Thank you 👍

Noticed it on the bbc website table as well

Strange
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,835 posts | 6778 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #384: Apr 28, 2024 09:45:02 pm
      You go to sleep (AUS Time) and hope for some divine intervention over night.

Wake up, don't want to see the scores but you can't help yourself.

You see both fkn Teams won.

You realize no one can help us but ourselves. It really is us against the Universe!!

You shed a tear, jump in shower and head to work knowing, if we played either of those away, we would have struggled and most likely lost.

The hope that kills ya!

How did it go so wrong? I am absolutely destroyed inside. What a waste!!!
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,398 posts | 790 
      Reply #385: Apr 28, 2024 10:02:01 pm

You realize no one can help us but ourselves. It really is us against the Universe!!

You shed a tear, jump in shower and head to work knowing, if we played either of those away, we would have struggled and most likely lost.

The hope that kills ya!

it wasn't long ago we were ahead of the rest and it was ours to lose ....so that's what we did...remember all that talk 7 finals etc?
      What gets me is this was the year to do it....JK bowing out with the top prize would have been apt, and the reward he more than deserved. But also, City are not as cut throat as other years and Arsenal, though decent aren't as great as the press would have us believe. Next season I fully expect United, Chelsea and Spurs to start challenging again....Clubs of that size won't lie dormant for long. New boss next term, we'll do well to sustain a challenge, especially with a Champions league campaign.....Yes this was our year, both here and in Dublin. Sad end all round.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,150 posts | 2745 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #386: Apr 28, 2024 10:16:34 pm
      Next season I fully expect United, Chelsea and Spurs to start challenging again....Clubs of that size won't lie dormant for long.

I’ve yet to see anything to suggest that United will challenge for top 4 next year. It’s going to have to be some summer transfer window for me to think otherwise.

Chavs definitely have a better side on paper that what they’ve produced this year and impossible to be that  poor again.

Spurs? They will be  Spursy and maybe top 6.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,398 posts | 790 
      Reply #387: Apr 28, 2024 10:27:31 pm
      I’ve yet to see anything to suggest that United will challenge for top 4 next year. It’s going to have to be some summer transfer window for me to think otherwise.

Chavs definitely have a better side on paper that what they’ve produced this year and impossible to be that  poor again.

Spurs? They will be  Spursy and maybe top 6.
      Loads of the deadwood at United will be gone, along with Ten Haag. New ownership, new players...I'm not saying they'll defo make top 4 but they'll be a lot better than this season....There's a reason the top six are called the top six. My general point was 3 or 4 of the big clubs have been turgid this season and with 7 ( relatively easy fixtures) games left we should have at least gone the distance.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,308 posts | 2853 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #388: Apr 28, 2024 10:34:39 pm
      Loads of the deadwood at United will be gone, along with Ten Haag. New ownership, new players...I'm not saying they'll defo make top 4 but they'll be a lot better than this season....There's a reason the top six are called the top six. My general point was 3 or 4 of the big clubs have been turgid this season and with 7 ( relatively easy fixtures) games left we should have at least gone the distance.

Think its the fear every end of season, that by the start of the next season others will improve

We dont know how this will work out...we might hit the ground running, as much of a chance that well take months to settle down to the changes

Meanwhile Villa, utd, chelsea and spurs might all improve and add Newcastle to that....its exciting and scary in equal amounts
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,350 posts | 289 
      Reply #389: Apr 28, 2024 10:47:41 pm
      Think its the fear every end of season, that by the start of the next season others will improve

We dont know how this will work out...we might hit the ground running, as much of a chance that well take months to settle down to the changes

Meanwhile Villa, utd, chelsea and spurs might all improve and add Newcastle to that....its exciting and scary in equal amounts

We just have to concentrate on ourselves, take this season despite having to come from behind regularly and questionable defending at times if we could finish we'd probably already be champions...that's on us

You want a laugh for a Sunday night, I've put £2 on us to win the league 500/1 😆....gotta try
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,350 posts | 289 
      Reply #390: Apr 28, 2024 10:51:28 pm

The hope that kills ya!

We don't take enough of our chances infront of goal, its as simple as that for me thats what cost us the title.

Quick Reply