Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

The Run In

Read 13646 times
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,659 posts | 489 
      Re: The Run In
      Reply #138: Apr 08, 2024 11:42:01 am
      Tottenham and villa guarenteed cl football next season in 4th and 5th. They aint catching 3rd and united nowhere near in 6th.

Can see villa rolling over next week v arsenal and arsenal beating tottenham who will be already guarenteed CL next season.

If it was still top 4 ... it would be a right battle that could work for us maybe ... but not the case. United had their final league game today. Its all about the cup for them now.

Why do you think Arsenal will beat Spurs? I'm pretty sure its one of their main games of the season, plus they would hate to see Arsenal win the title. There is still the element of CL left. I can only see city winning their last games in a row not Arsenal. This is unchartered territory for them. There are still twist and turns left here. 

If Emirates' game was anything to go by, I dont see Arsenal winning against Spurs. Plus, Spurs style could very well work against Arsenal at home. And they dont really have cup distractions, so extra rest, as opposed to Arsenal having CL may be the varying factor here.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,003 posts | 223 
      Reply #139: Apr 08, 2024 11:48:39 am
      The result tilts the race in Arsenal/City's favour as despite being level with the leaders and a point ahead of City, we have the tougher run in (certainly compared with City). Players will need to start seriously upping their level if we are to win all the remaining games and we will need luck and a very significant impact from the returnees if we are to get it over the line.
      What comes 1st,  goals difference or head to head?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,036 posts | 2720 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #140: Apr 08, 2024 12:30:55 pm
      What comes 1st,  goals difference or head to head?

Always been goal difference.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,003 posts | 223 
      Reply #141: Apr 08, 2024 04:11:51 pm
      Then we need to start taking our chances as they have the head to head
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,174 posts | 524 
      Reply #142: Apr 08, 2024 04:23:41 pm
      Tottenham and villa guarenteed cl football next season in 4th and 5th. They aint catching 3rd and united nowhere near in 6th.

Can see villa rolling over next week v arsenal and arsenal beating tottenham who will be already guarenteed CL next season.

Don't think the Spuds will just roll over for Arsenal fella, it is one of their biggest games of the season.

If it was still top 4 ... it would be a right battle that could work for us maybe ... but not the case. United had their final league game today. Its all about the cup for them now.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,520 posts | 1509 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #143: Apr 08, 2024 10:40:40 pm
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,295 posts | 1403 
      Reply #144: Apr 08, 2024 10:46:17 pm
      Still be a few twists and turns. Issue for me is the way a lot of teams approach City games. They're beaten before the kick off half the time. Game after game, they all park the Ribble and invite City to do their worst.

Just then becomes a procession with City conceding the odd goal. Crystal Palace was typical. Got the goal on the break then fell back and then there was only one winner.

And it goes on season after season. If they put in the effort City would drop more points.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,333 posts | 775 
      Reply #145: Apr 08, 2024 11:03:39 pm
      It's Us or City...Arsenal I think get another 11 points...Us and City 19 a piece...so we win it with a point to spare. City by far the easier of the run in.
      Who knows what will happen?....No one.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,222 posts | 1222 
      Reply #146: Apr 08, 2024 11:26:11 pm
      West Ham and Villa away is tough. Spurs - potential banana skin, never know what you're going to get. Derby midweek, they'll fight tooth and nail. That said I think Arsenal will drop points. City have the easiest run in by far and unfortunately, given the way teams roll over against them at this stage of the season, we'll be lucky if they drop any points at all.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,036 posts | 2720 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #147: Apr 09, 2024 01:58:13 am

Looking at the run in if City beat Spurs it looks ominous for the rest.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,123 posts | 451 
      Reply #148: Apr 09, 2024 05:34:14 am
      I think if City win next week then for me one has to expect no drop points from then on in.  If they drop points then maybe maybe they drop again.   As I say it is just how I feel.  Arsenal can still see them dropping points as long as there lead is one result away of being overturned.  I really feel Arsenal are going to bottle it at one point or at least give chances to the others as long as it is tight.   We need to just win every game at the moment. 

We are ahead of City and Level with Arsenal so need to really fight for every win.  Yes out of the three lately we aren't the most convincing, but we know we just need to win starting next week.  We need Jota back as soon as possible, we need to convert our chances, we have been poor of late.  We've been here before and as long as we are ahead of City am still confident we can string 7 wins in a row,  we have done it before with the team struggling more than we are now and we can do it for the last time under Jürgen.
      Harrisimo

• 8,295 posts | 1403 
      Reply #149: Apr 09, 2024 07:25:10 pm
      Running in s'not the problem..it's wot tu du when we get there...'wot's this net thing for'..
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,251 posts | 924 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #150: Apr 09, 2024 08:07:42 pm
      Then we need to start taking our chances as they have the head to head

If your talking about Arsenal the also have a far superior goal difference
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,520 posts | 1509 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #151: Apr 09, 2024 09:58:20 pm
      Arsenal 2 v 2 Bayern Munich..........Real Madrid 3 v 3 Man City

Two brilliant results for us. With both teams drawing, they definitely cannot afford to mess around when choosing which players get to play.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,582 posts | 738 
      Reply #152: Apr 10, 2024 03:54:06 pm
      I have a feeling we're going to lose this title on goal difference, and that Diaz goal will prove to be the biggest issue. I don't want to hear refs talk about 'Common Sense' ever.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #153: Apr 10, 2024 04:43:43 pm
      Arsenal 2 v 2 Bayern Munich..........Real Madrid 3 v 3 Man City

Two brilliant results for us. With both teams drawing, they definitely cannot afford to mess around when choosing which players get to play.

I agree, ideally both teams go through and then play each other in the semi and have a tough time getting there. Although they seem to be getting away with few injuries (particularly Arsenal) so far. We simply have to win out from here. Do that and we have a very good chance but it’s a huge ask given the fixtures we have to come. For this to happen we need:

1. Find some defensive consistency again. So many silly errors leading to goals. It has to stop.

2. Salah has to find a hot streak

3. Jota makes a good recovery and recaptures his earlier form.
      paulow63
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 673 posts | 87 
      Reply #154: Apr 10, 2024 09:47:33 pm
      We've had this sequence

DWWWWWLDWWDWDWWWDDWWWWLW WWWDWWD

We now need WWWWWWW
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #155: Apr 12, 2024 07:53:18 am
      We are some dropped against Palace away from the season being virtually over. The lads have to pick themselves up and find a performance this Sunday.

The only positive from last nights game was seeing Jota back on the pitch again and Trent on the bench. We need both players to come back and to come back strong.
      Harrisimo

• 8,295 posts | 1403 
      Reply #156: Apr 12, 2024 07:55:18 pm
      No margin for error now that's for sure but I can't see City beating Luton. Villa have a chance as well. City will obviously underestimate Luton and Pep will obviously be watching the golf.

Liverpool 2 C.Palace 0
      Arsenal 2 Villa 2
      City 0 Luton 1.

..yep.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,036 posts | 2720 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #157: Apr 12, 2024 08:41:15 pm
      No margin for error now that's for sure but I can't see City beating Luton. Villa have a chance as well. City will obviously underestimate Luton and Pep will obviously be watching the golf.

Liverpool 2 C.Palace 0
      Arsenal 2 Villa 2
      City 0 Luton 1.

..yep.

I take it this is with your 😎 on Harris  :lmao:
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,129 posts | 83 
      Reply #158: Apr 13, 2024 12:51:07 am
      One thing is sure: Klopp retiring was not a bad idea. He brought us very far but not into the promised land. Now we have a buzzing team with maybe one or two additional key signings coming in summer, so if we hit someone special maybe he can win 3-4 major titles (PL, CL) in the next 5 years. It is this ultimate success that Jürgen lacks.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,174 posts | 524 
      Reply #159: Apr 13, 2024 12:01:06 pm
      One thing is sure: Klopp retiring was not a bad idea. He brought us very far but not into the promised land. Now we have a buzzing team with maybe one or two additional key signings coming in summer, so if we hit someone special maybe he can win 3-4 major titles (PL, CL) in the next 5 years. It is this ultimate success that Jürgen lacks.

Do you really believe your last sentence fella,
      Beyond belief if you do.
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 561 posts | 110 
      Reply #160: Apr 13, 2024 12:25:53 pm
      All that matters is the game tomorrow and the reaction better be F***ing nuclear!

Quick Reply