Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W12 D1 L3

The Run In

Read 15346 times
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,828 posts | 580 
      Re: The Run In
      Reply #161: Apr 13, 2024 12:26:36 pm
      One thing is sure: Klopp retiring was not a bad idea. He brought us very far but not into the promised land. Now we have a buzzing team with maybe one or two additional key signings coming in summer, so if we hit someone special maybe he can win 3-4 major titles (PL, CL) in the next 5 years. It is this ultimate success that Jürgen lacks.

Wow football fans don’t think winning everything is ultimate….
      Tadders

• 6,828 posts | 580 
      Reply #162: Apr 13, 2024 12:27:38 pm
      We will find out if this team has any bottle tomorrow. Anything other than a for once convincing 3 points and it could be curtains, this on paper is one of our easiest games left.
      Don77

• 6,616 posts | 1110 
      Reply #163: Apr 13, 2024 12:42:07 pm
      Not sure how true it is but my dad was saying our failure in the EL may mean only 4 CL places are available next season. This could be good for us as if its 5 then Villa and Spurs are basically assured of CL with united miles behind.

But if only 4, then they are neck and neck with something to fight for. Granted we have to play them both but so do arsenal. So hopefully villa can give arsenal a game on sunday.

The issue though is that arsenal look solid at the back. And they score goals. We cant stop giving gifts at both ends. City will just win out.

I believe 7 wins wins us the league. I just dont see the steel and backbone there though to dig in and do it.
      Don77

• 6,616 posts | 1110 
      Reply #164: Apr 13, 2024 12:45:58 pm
      We will find out if this team has any bottle tomorrow. Anything other than a for once convincing 3 points and it could be curtains, this on paper is one of our easiest games left.

They didnt have the bottle at united sadly.

Jürgen promising a reaction. My head tells me we will start sloppy again and be behind early.

The crowd needs to turn up tomorrow. Absolutely dire the past few games. Raise the roof from the start and keep it going.

As for the players, just show us how much the last week hurt and tear into them. No gifts and the back and be clinical in the final 3rd.

Go for it. Its do or die now. Draws just dont cut it.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,524 posts | 224 
      Reply #165: Apr 13, 2024 12:50:44 pm
      Not sure how true it is but my dad was saying our failure in the EL may mean only 4 CL places are available next season. This could be good for us as if its 5 then Villa and Spurs are basically assured of CL with united miles behind.

But if only 4, then they are neck and neck with something to fight for. Granted we have to play them both but so do arsenal. So hopefully villa can give arsenal a game on sunday.

The issue though is that arsenal look solid at the back. And they score goals. We cant stop giving gifts at both ends. City will just win out.

I believe 7 wins wins us the league. I just dont see the steel and backbone there though to dig in and do it.

I think some are a bit narrow minded on here, they say our attack can’t be that bad as we’ve scored this many goals etc

The reality is, and I may be wrong in seeing it this way. I see us as a better offensive team than city and Arsenal. Evidence is in how many chances we create and once we get momentum, we are relentless, you say that against city and arsenal surviving by hoping we don’t score when they played us recently.

That in turn leaves more chances for us to be hit in transition especially when teams have quick and good players against us. So I expect us to give up more chances. I can even accept that but what I will say that is with how much we create, with the risks we take in games so to speak, we should be scoring more and for me it’s our attack that has let us down more than anything this season

We should concede more chances against us but we should off set that by scoring more

Ultimately, look at some of the key games this season, United, city and Arsenal at home. 6 points, but we had our chances fluffed by Nunez and Diaz, simple as that.

We have a chance don, and it rests on two players, jota coming back and Salah finding a decent level of form. We can’t rely on Nunez and Diaz, impartial football fans can see they are among the worst finishers in the premier league but jota and salah could yet keep us in it

I even fancy us to batter Atalanta if those two can find their finishing boots. Bench Diaz, put Nunez on the left and let him create as people keep jacking off of that on here about him.

Keep the faith, jota and salah can salvage our season yet. We’ve seen them do it before and they can be relied upon again.

Just no more of Diaz and Nunez starting, we can’t be playing with two dreadful finishers in the same team imo
      Harrisimo

• 8,363 posts | 1414 
      Reply #166: Apr 14, 2024 06:18:48 pm
      Arsenal 0 Villa 2. So only Mancheater City have gained...so far.
      Scottbot

• 9,623 posts | 2159 
      Reply #167: Apr 14, 2024 06:21:04 pm
      The Arsenal result makes it worse I think
      Harrisimo

• 8,363 posts | 1414 
      Reply #168: Apr 14, 2024 06:26:06 pm
      20th April...We're away to Fulham..Mancheater go away to Spurs....spot of straw clutching but we have to cling on.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,990 posts | 240 
      Reply #169: Apr 14, 2024 06:27:04 pm
      20th April...We're away to Fulham..Mancheater go away to Spurs....spot of straw clutching but we have to cling on.

City’s game is postponed due to FA cup. They play Brighton next on 26th.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,197 posts | 3477 
      Reply #170: Apr 14, 2024 06:27:59 pm

Far too many games yet and there will be more twists
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,524 posts | 224 
      Reply #171: Apr 14, 2024 06:29:35 pm
      F**k sake

If we didn’t bottle today, what a day it could have been
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,452 posts | 2846 
      Reply #172: Apr 14, 2024 06:29:59 pm
      Should be sitting top with the title back in our hands this evening.

Arsenal always had a result like this in them given the run they were on.

City’s to lose now.
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 114 
      Reply #173: Apr 14, 2024 06:30:14 pm
      Well well well!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #174: Apr 14, 2024 06:32:23 pm

City's game is rearranged for May, they're in the FA Cup semi next weekend
      Harrisimo

• 8,363 posts | 1414 
      Reply #175: Apr 14, 2024 06:32:31 pm

or..well....KTAF...was my favourite..
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,674 posts | 6968 
      Reply #176: Apr 14, 2024 06:32:49 pm
      City win with something like a 5 point gap.

We want to be careful of Villa and Spurs now as we've got to play the pair of them.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,662 posts | 490 
      Reply #177: Apr 14, 2024 06:34:56 pm
      Being optimistic here.

So, the whole run-in is now in Tottenham's hands, they play us at home, and others at their home. I expect them to take points from Arsenal, only depends on whether they can hold city or not. 

We need to win our away games, Klopp's got a great record vs both Moyes, and Emery. But its not too good vs Marco Silva, away.

Before anyone points me to title being fu**ed already, I'm just pointing some stuff to look out from here.
      Harrisimo

• 8,363 posts | 1414 
      Reply #178: Apr 14, 2024 06:35:44 pm
      City's game is rearranged for May, they're in the FA Cup semi next weekend

Drama over...or is it. We can't chuck the towel in, just have to hang in there.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,408 posts | 798 
      Reply #179: Apr 14, 2024 06:39:54 pm
      Xabi and Leverkusen have won the German League ( with 5 games to go!) So Bayern nothing left but the Champions league....they'll beat Arsenal.
      Another season with nothing for Box head Arteta.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,178 posts | 527 
      Reply #180: Apr 14, 2024 06:41:18 pm

Fella, bollocks to straw clutching, this is still on.
      Despite all the the bed wetters  on here this ain't over.
      Upwards and onwards we go again.
      C'mon the Redmen we can still do this.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,452 posts | 2846 
      Reply #181: Apr 14, 2024 06:41:33 pm
      Xabi and Leverkusen have won the German League ( with 5 games to go!) So Bayern nothing left but the Champions league....they'll beat Arsenal.
      Another season with nothing for Box head Arteta.

We could do with Arsenal and City slogging it out over two legs in a CL semi final. That’s the only way I see City losing a game - couple of injuries or fatigue from those CL games.
      Scottbot

• 9,623 posts | 2159 
      Reply #182: Apr 14, 2024 06:43:31 pm
      Feeling incredibly flat. Not just the result but it was the manner of the performance plus the performance on Thursday. Literally fell off a cliff. Misplaced passes, players tackling eachother, running into eachother, miscommunications, heavy touches. They literally played like strangers today. The Arsenal result brings a glimmer of hope but it’s the hope that kills you and city won’t make the same mistake. Just a really poor performance and a damp squib of a result. Feels like we’re on the Jürgen Klopp farewell tour despite the gooner result
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,197 posts | 3477 
      Reply #183: Apr 14, 2024 06:44:27 pm
      Fella, bollocks to straw clutching, this is still on.
      Despite all the the bed wetters  on here this ain't over.
      Upwards and onwards we go again.
      C'mon the Redmen we can still do this.

👏👏👏👏

Quick Reply