Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 5th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W9 D6 L6

The Run In

Read 14228 times
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,491 posts | 220 
      Re: The Run In
      Reply #345: Apr 25, 2024 08:03:03 am
      Close this thread pls
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,067 posts | 2110 
      Reply #346: Apr 25, 2024 08:13:29 am
      To be fair this was on its arse when we took United for granted and missed chance after chance after chance. In that game atrocious habits crept into our side and  have plagued us ever since.

It was dead in the water when we lost to Palace at home abd it was patently obvious this side wasnt capable of winning 6 games back to back.

I just wanted to beat Everton for beating Everton sake but at least what they did do last night was put us out of our misery.

Not forgetting City at home where we missed chance after chance to steal 3.

Serious questions needs to be asked of our forward line in the summer. I've already stated what I feel about Diaz - he's a load of w*nk. But boy, has Nunez joined him and bettered him in terms of dire, impotent displays. Salah? Is it time to sell on? It really shouldn't have been this way.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,088 posts | 3445 
      Reply #347: Apr 25, 2024 09:04:14 am
      Think there needs to be a huge dose of perspectives handed out

It’s very easy to overreact, demand the whole water is thrown out of the bath when there is a period of poor form

But let’s look back a little

This time last season we were 5/6th with 56 points , nowhere near any of the top teams at the time and battling for a European spot

During the summer the club lost 4 massive players - players that had been huge for the success of the club over the previous 6 years

At the start of the season after such a big uplift of players in a key area where did many of us expect to be ?

Battling for a top 4 spot and doing well in a cup

12 months later we

74 points , still have a chance no matter how slim it is , we have gone up against two teams that were building on a season before where they battled for the title and we have matched them most of the season

Come the crux we have lost our way a little , players that performed well early and mid season have dropped off and it’s going to be because of the increase in expectations from the start of the season a disappointing end to the season for some

But there is some to build from now

There isn’t going to be huge turnaround in players - a few will leave when their contract ends and the odd one will be sold but the players that have shown they are good enough to put us in this position will be there again next season for the new manager

And we a few additions and some fresh ideas we will go again and I fully expect another thread saying “title run”

We should be excited for the future , we have a great platform for a new young up and coming manager to bring his ideas

If there are players that don’t want to be a part of that then they can leave but I for one am looking forward to the future
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,065 posts | 2732 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #348: Apr 25, 2024 09:55:26 am
      10/10 for keeping your pecker up /#staypostive  head on Pj. You’ll be the first to say it isn’t over till it’s over and be right in saying so. Anything could happen, highly unlikely as I’m sure we both would agree but isn’t impossible.

Not sure I could be happy about the future though, more apprehensive if anything knowing Klopp ( quote ) won’t be replaced imho. You are now faced with the same problem United had when Fergie retired, granted probably a better side than what United had even though he won the league that year.

Like many no  one really heard of Slot which worrying, no doubt Liverpool have done their due diligence and you could argue he has similar trates to the way Klopp plays under his system. However, it’s one thing having a similar system and another to implement it. 

I personally think it’s worry times, just an opinion from an outsiders point of view.

__Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,884 posts | 421 
      Reply #349: Apr 25, 2024 09:59:44 am
      Not forgetting City at home where we missed chance after chance to steal 3.

Serious questions needs to be asked of our forward line in the summer. I've already stated what I feel about Diaz - he's a load of w*nk. But boy, has Nunez joined him and bettered him in terms of dire, impotent displays. Salah? Is it time to sell on? It really shouldn't have been this way.

I'd say there's only 3 or 4 players you could safely say will be here next season. Of course a lot more than that will stay but there are question marks hanging over them all.

The questions do they want to stay? Are they good enough to stay? Is it time to say goodbye and cash in?  Covers about 15/16 players in this squad I my opinion.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,088 posts | 3445 
      Reply #350: Apr 25, 2024 10:06:16 am
      10/10 for keeping your pecker up /#staypostive  head on Pj. You’ll be the first to say it isn’t over till it’s over and be right in saying so. Anything could happen, highly unlikely as I’m sure we both would agree but isn’t impossible.

Not sure I could be happy about the future though, more apprehensive if anything knowing Klopp ( quote ) won’t be replaced imho. You are now faced with the same problem United had when Fergie retired, granted probably a better side than what United had even though he won the league that year.

Like many no  one really heard of Slot which worrying, no doubt Liverpool have done their due diligence and you could argue he has similar trates to the way Klopp plays under his system. However, it’s one thing having a similar system and another to implement it. 

I personally think it’s worry times, just an opinion from an outsiders point of view.

For me the situation is very different to when Taggert left and indeed when Wenger left

Both those guys ran the club - they were all the roles together , sporting director etc -

When they both left the structure went with them

When Klopp leaves the structure above is far better and not reliant on one single person
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,065 posts | 2732 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #351: Apr 25, 2024 10:14:39 am
      For me the situation is very different to when Taggert left and indeed when Wenger left

Both those guys ran the club - they were all the roles together , sporting director etc -

When they both left the structure went with them

When Klopp leaves the structure above is far better and not reliant on one single person

Yeah there’s no doubt you have stability off the pitch which is a testament to the owners/staff behind the scenes. Course it’s never down to one individual but for me the manager is arguably the biggest clog on the  wheel, if that isn’t right doesn’t matter how successful you’re off the pitch, it won’t work on it…
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,565 posts | 1799 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #352: Apr 25, 2024 10:23:36 am

Worse things going in personal life and the world in general to worry about.

Football managers and success comes and goes, we had shanks the best ever, then paisley the best ever, then Kenny the best ever, then good times with houlier and Rafa, then klopp another the best ever.

Life goes on. The club being stable is the main the thing.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,302 posts | 2846 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #353: Apr 26, 2024 03:02:29 pm
      Right

We beat eest ham, spurs beat Arsenal and Nico Williams sets up Taiwonyi and Divock for a 2 1 forest win

Arsenal 77 liverpool 77 city 76

We all win our next game

Arsenal 80 liverpool 80 city 79

We beat villa utd beat arsenal city beat fulham

Liverpool 83 city 82 arsenal 80

Spurs beat city

Last day of the season we all win

Liverpool 86
      City 85
      Arsenal 83

Ill bid you good afternoon
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,550 posts | 1494 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #354: Apr 26, 2024 03:06:27 pm
      Right

We beat eest ham, spurs beat Arsenal and Nico Williams sets up Taiwonyi and Divock for a 2 1 forest win

We all win our next game

Spurs beat city

Liverpool 86
      City 85
      Arsenal 83

If this happens I'll have ribs removed and blow myself live online.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,302 posts | 2846 
      Reply #355: Apr 26, 2024 03:11:35 pm
      If this happens I'll have ribs removed and blow myself live online.

Come on Arsenal!!!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,065 posts | 2732 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #356: Apr 26, 2024 03:57:34 pm
      Right

We all win our next game

Spurs beat city

Liverpool 86
      City 85
      Arsenal 83

You woke up yet Brian? 😂
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,301 posts | 767 
      Reply #357: Apr 26, 2024 04:10:53 pm

Put things into perspective football should never be, the be all and end all. I realise all supporters become carried away, which ever club they support. Although at the end of the day, it should be treated as an escape from the ever increasing crazy world we live in !
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 889 posts | 174 
      Reply #358: Apr 26, 2024 04:18:58 pm
      Right

We all win our next game

Spurs beat city

Liverpool 86
      City 85
      Arsenal 83

Are you a bit bored Brian lad?

Why bother wasting your time?
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,301 posts | 767 
      Reply #359: Apr 26, 2024 04:22:10 pm
      Are you a bit bored Brian lad?

Why bother wasting your time?

It's called Brian's fantasy league, me thinks.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,302 posts | 2846 
      Reply #360: Apr 26, 2024 04:27:25 pm
      Beats being a miserable c**t between now and August
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,065 posts | 2732 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #361: Apr 26, 2024 05:54:14 pm

Valid point 😂
      RedBelle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 815 posts | 134 
      Reply #362: Apr 26, 2024 08:38:57 pm

Awww Bwian you not going to watch the Euro's???  :lmao:
      Just think of the excitement watching pouty boy Rashford, Blockhead Donkey Maguire, 'someone has attacked my left eyebrow with a razor Foden, not to mention Prickford and his little hands.....
      On second thoughts... you keep coming up with your Fantasy Leagues cos there's no decent footy on until next season :lmao: :lmao:
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,351 posts | 782 
      Reply #363: Apr 26, 2024 11:41:56 pm
      Just looking at the table...we've just lost games to teams 14th and 16th. It almost makes you gag...What was that on Wednesday...Really ..What was that?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,658 posts | 6954 
      Reply #364: Apr 27, 2024 12:21:49 am
      Explains a lot about our recent malaise.  Liverpool talking to Arne Slot etc must have made it all very real for Klopp.

No wonder he's lost his mojo.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,088 posts | 3445 
      Reply #365: Apr 28, 2024 04:05:31 pm
      Believe that confirms we have CL football next season
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,656 posts | 3925 
      Reply #366: Apr 28, 2024 04:11:36 pm

Back in the big time and something to really look forward to!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,658 posts | 6954 
      Reply #367: Apr 28, 2024 04:26:27 pm

Not quite yet.  But it would take quite a swing in goal difference.

Quick Reply