Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Your brush with the Liverpool players??

Read 118246 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Re: Your brush with the Liverpool players??
      Reply #437: May 18, 2024 12:59:54 pm
      When did Rafa play for Liverpool?

Never played for us but I remember seeing the bloke in Istanbul carrying a big F**k off shiny thing.

Hope that helps.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,597 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #438: May 18, 2024 01:13:13 pm
      Met rushie and Fowler at a fan event in the record factory Glasgow.

Got a photo somewhere with myself and my brother.

Fowler asked me how comes he's still got hair and you haven't.  ;D ;D
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 580 posts | 115 
      Reply #439: May 18, 2024 05:32:56 pm

I think it was the 2l version. He certainly didn't hang about.  :D
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,258 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #440: May 18, 2024 07:22:24 pm
      I was fortunate enough to meet the original King, the Scottish one, in a professional manner, so no details, but jeeze he can't half talk, and feet like a hobbit.
      Even my bluenose mate was in awe.
      He is a lovely man, and a lovely family too.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #441: May 20, 2024 05:48:13 pm
      When did Rafa play for Liverpool?

Brilliantly done mate.

Dickhead
      redno7
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts | 18 
      Reply #442: May 21, 2024 09:41:03 am
      It was around 1998 and I was mates with a fella (lets called him Dave) who held the account for supplying the players with Nicholas Deakin shoes. So, he asked if we fancied all expenses paid trip to Anfield to watch us play Nottingham Forrest. This is how the day panned out...

Morning... a car was sent to pick us up. No kidding, some fancy people carrier thing with a driver!
      We arrived at Anfield, got dropped off near the VIP/Players entrance and there was quite a crowd. He held a badge up and some chaps came and parted the fans so we could walk straight through. Wow.
      Now Dave was going to a VIP sponsor box thingy but he'd got us tickets for the Main stand so that's where we sat.
      we dismantled Forrest 5-1 with Owen scoring 4 times!

so, after the match we met Dave and he asked if we fancied a quick pint before setting off, took us down a few corridors and into the Carlsberg Lounge which turned out to be where the players headed once they were washed and changed. Free Carlsberg on tap, food and best of all the players!

So for the next hour we stood with Owen, McManaman, Patrick Berger etc and more noticeably Jamie Redknapp stood with us (and his bint Louise Nurding or whatever she was called), turns out Jamie was Dave's best customer and a friend too.

We met some other players and a bloke from Brookside (Mick I think he played) oh and Craig Charles was in there too.

We got driven back home and that was that.
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 580 posts | 115 
      Reply #443: May 21, 2024 10:01:48 pm
      It was around 1998 and I was mates with a fella (lets called him Dave) who held the account for supplying the players with Nicholas Deakin shoes. So, he asked if we fancied all expenses paid trip to Anfield to watch us play Nottingham Forrest. This is how the day panned out...

Morning... a car was sent to pick us up. No kidding, some fancy people carrier thing with a driver!
      We arrived at Anfield, got dropped off near the VIP/Players entrance and there was quite a crowd. He held a badge up and some chaps came and parted the fans so we could walk straight through. Wow.
      Now Dave was going to a VIP sponsor box thingy but he'd got us tickets for the Main stand so that's where we sat.
      we dismantled Forrest 5-1 with Owen scoring 4 times!

so, after the match we met Dave and he asked if we fancied a quick pint before setting off, took us down a few corridors and into the Carlsberg Lounge which turned out to be where the players headed once they were washed and changed. Free Carlsberg on tap, food and best of all the players!

So for the next hour we stood with Owen, McManaman, Patrick Berger etc and more noticeably Jamie Redknapp stood with us (and his bint Louise Nurding or whatever she was called), turns out Jamie was Dave's best customer and a friend too.

We met some other players and a bloke from Brookside (Mick I think he played) oh and Craig Charles was in there too.

We got driven back home and that was that.

Thank god the people carrier thing had a driver.  :lmao:
      redno7
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts | 18 
      Reply #444: Yesterday at 08:59:07 am
      you know what I meant ball bag  :D

Quick Reply