Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Man U?

Caoimhin Kelleher
      7 (12.3%)
      Jarell Quansah
      7 (12.3%)
      Joe Gomez
      1 (1.8%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      12 (21.1%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (1.8%)
      Alexis Mac Allister
      19 (33.3%)
      Wataru Endo
      2 (3.5%)
      Dominik Szoboszlai
      2 (3.5%)
      Luis Diaz
      0 (0%)
      Darwin Núñez
      1 (1.8%)
      Mohamed Salah
      2 (3.5%)
      Harvey Elliott
      1 (1.8%)
      Cody Gakpo
      0 (0%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)
      Bobby Clark
      2 (3.5%)
      Conor Bradley
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Voting closed: Mar 21, 2024 06:08:24 pm

Manchester United 4-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 15483 times
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,836 posts | 477 
      Re: Manchester United 4-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #736: Mar 17, 2024 06:49:48 pm
      But it should be easy like it should have been easy today but for attitudes

Agree
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #737: Mar 17, 2024 06:49:57 pm
      Been the same throughout the Klopp reign, can't cry about it now.

But Jürgen bemoans the amount of games. He had a luxury the other night ahead of a massive game ... and flogged them anyway. Bringing van dijk on at 11-1 up ffs.

Frustration boiling over now. As I said above, we don't help ourselves sometimes.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,527 posts | 224 
      Reply #738: Mar 17, 2024 06:50:40 pm
      Thought Gomez has it tough with 2 players on him constantly so is a bit harsh

We had that game easily

Diaz, love his work ethic but his end product just isn’t at the required level. Hopefully he improves, he really should have won us the last game against city and today. But you can see from his work ethic we need to just mould him into the guy

Gapko, dear me, not sure what to say really. I can’t see him getting a game when everyone is fit bar coming on the last 5 mins to run down time or when we are playing in the odd cup games. How many times did he dwell on the ball rather than making that killer ball?

Bruno should have been sent off clearly for a second yellow but really we deserved to lose that

Nunez should have been taken off not Diaz, it’s clear he was tired and was losing the ball constantly which cost us so much today
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,836 posts | 477 
      Reply #739: Mar 17, 2024 06:51:31 pm
      But Jürgen bemoans the amount of games. He had a luxury the other night ahead of a massive game ... and flogged them anyway. Bringing van dijk on at 11-1 up ffs.

Frustration boiling over now. As I said above, we don't help ourselves sometimes.

You have a point, but I just believe today are finishing was just god awful. I mean the five on two we had terrible. Look what they did on their odd Man Rush they scored the game winner.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,289 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #740: Mar 17, 2024 06:52:31 pm
      What did my head in was giving the balls away that lead to Two United goals
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,759 posts | 863 
      Reply #741: Mar 17, 2024 06:52:41 pm
      We were always going to end up losing a game at some point. Heavy heavy schedule, lots of those players haven't seen proper rest in a while and we're just starting to get some of our injured back in the team.

We never looked both in control and clinical at the same time during the game. It was one or the other, but never both at the same time and this cost us a total of 4 times during the game. Like I said, I'm not going to dwell on this for too long and I'll be hoping that this fuel enough for the upcoming game in the league against them.

I want to discuss two players, Gakpo and Diaz. These players are capable of having an exceptional run of form, where they perform brilliantly for 4 or 5 games (especially Diaz). However, in about 60% to 70% of their playing time, them receiving the ball often leads to a significant slowdown in the game, regardless of the situation. Whether it's a 2v1, a 4v1, or even a 1v1 against the keeper, when Luis or Cody receive the ball, they tend to slow down the play considerably. While I don't necessarily have an issue with this style of play, the problem arises when what they do with the ball afterward fails to justify this slowdown. While both players can score goals, it often feels like they waste opportunities for the team more frequently. This is a very frustrating watch that usually will get swept under the rug as long as the team is winning, but the truth is that its still frustrating and only a question of time before it cost us.

Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #742: Mar 17, 2024 06:52:56 pm
      As Huyton the team still in transition and some.players probably wouldn't be there without our injuries but have to.manage games better . Don't like comparing but City just kill that off with a 3rd possibly 4th . Got to learn and use our brains a little.more at both ends

Too many touches. Breaking at 2mph, jogging and slow bobbly passes. No decisiveness. Countless times 1v1 in the box, 4,5,6 touches later a bad pass or poor shot. No urgency. No killer instinct.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,527 posts | 224 
      Reply #743: Mar 17, 2024 06:53:59 pm
      Nunez has felt his hamstring
      Diaz his groin said klopp

Hopefully they both pull out and can rest for two weeks

Gapko his ankle
      rossyred
      • Started Topic

• 9,315 posts | 1672 
      Reply #744: Mar 17, 2024 06:54:02 pm
      You have a point, but I just believe today are finishing was just god awful. I mean the five on two we had terrible. Look what they did on their odd Man Rush they scored the game winner.

Not sure it was finishing can't remember many chances missed per se was more the final ball not to create the chance what was way off
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,836 posts | 477 
      Reply #745: Mar 17, 2024 06:54:27 pm
      With the two week break, we have, who’s coming back from injury that would be ready to play Brighton?
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,527 posts | 224 
      Reply #746: Mar 17, 2024 06:55:39 pm
      We were always going to end up losing a game at some point. Heavy heavy schedule, lots of those players haven't seen proper rest in a while and we're just starting to get some of our injured back in the team.

We never looked both in control and clinical at the same time during the game. It was one or the other, but never both at the same time and this cost us a total of 4 times during the game. Like I said, I'm not going to dwell on this for too long and I'll be hoping that this fuel enough for the upcoming game in the league against them.

I want to discuss two players, Gakpo and Diaz. These players are capable of having an exceptional run of form, where they perform brilliantly for 4 or 5 games (especially Diaz). However, in about 60% to 70% of their playing time, them receiving the ball often leads to a significant slowdown in the game, regardless of the situation. Whether it's a 2v1, a 4v1, or even a 1v1 against the keeper, when Luis or Cody receive the ball, they tend to slow down the play considerably. While I don't necessarily have an issue with this style of play, the problem arises when what they do with the ball afterward fails to justify this slowdown. While both players can score goals, it often feels like they waste opportunities for the team more frequently. This is a very frustrating watch that usually will get swept under the rug as long as the team is winning, but the truth is that its still frustrating and only a question of time before it cost us.

I fear for gapkos future when the next manager is

It’s clear he won’t be seeing many minutes unless we have injuries

To me he feels like a level below what we need

I agree about Diaz too, but if he can improve his end product, he will be some player
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 392 
      Reply #747: Mar 17, 2024 06:55:52 pm
      Nunez has felt his hamstring
      Diaz his groin said klopp

Hopefully they both pull out and can rest for two weeks

Gapko his ankle

Are you serious?
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,289 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #748: Mar 17, 2024 06:56:11 pm
      The finishing was sh*t today how many of our goals were deflections
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,944 posts | 452 
      Reply #749: Mar 17, 2024 06:56:57 pm
      Before the game, if we had to lose one, it would have been this one. But still tough to take.

The attitude lost us that game in the 2nd half. The 5 on 2 ... like the 5 on 2 against arsenal ... blew it. We just gifted them the game. Got to stew on that for 2 f*cking weeks now.

How many injuries will we pick up between now and Brighton.

Need to F***ing practice those 5 on 2s because on neither occasion did we create a good enough chance out of it.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,475 posts | 823 
      Reply #750: Mar 17, 2024 06:57:12 pm
      Mo of 2 years ago would've scored 2/3 but now just doesn't take players on. Can cut in but his shots just lack venom. Obviously not fully up to speed. His experience will always get him goal but his sh*t or glory dashes are becoming a rarity.
      I'll cut him a bit of slack as he's not match sharp...but broadly speaking I'm in agreement. Everything was all undercooked from him today, he hit one shot which was basic catching practice for the keeper...even his passing was lethargic and predictable. You can't play at this level without some element of aggression, and today sadly he was too passive throughout.
      rossyred
      • Started Topic

• 9,315 posts | 1672 
      Reply #751: Mar 17, 2024 06:57:20 pm
      Too many touches. Breaking at 2mph, jogging and slow bobbly passes. No decisiveness. Countless times 1v1 in the box, 4,5,6 touches later a bad pass or poor shot. No urgency. No killer instinct.

We coasted a little and at 2-1 you can't.  All they played for second half was to be in the game last 5 nins or so then commit more forward and it went for them but to then do it again in ET with two poor mistakes is hard to take
      rossyred
      • Started Topic

• 9,315 posts | 1672 
      Reply #752: Mar 17, 2024 06:59:08 pm
      With the two week break, we have, who’s coming back from injury that would be ready to play Brighton?

Jones and Ibou. Hopefully Jota and Trent for Mancs not sure on Ali
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 580 posts | 115 
      Reply #753: Mar 17, 2024 07:00:25 pm
      I want the league.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,527 posts | 224 
      Reply #754: Mar 17, 2024 07:01:21 pm

Yup the boss said that then said it was crazy they now have to go to international duty

If we have anything about us, we keep them here
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,062 posts | 547 
      Reply #755: Mar 17, 2024 07:02:01 pm

Bringing Van Dijk on actually made sense cos he was rotating Quansah and keeping them both fresh. (And they were both good today.) It was having such a strong starting lineup  that Mo, Robbo n Bradley (and I think Endo) all had to play 90mins that was a bit surprising. Meant none of those 3 could play 90mins today.

[No it wasn't Endo, was Dom. Who also then couldn't play 90 today.]
      « Last Edit: Mar 17, 2024 07:07:39 pm by sore monad »
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,475 posts | 823 
      Reply #756: Mar 17, 2024 07:05:59 pm
      2-1 up on 87 minutes....you have to see the game out.....3-2 up on 118 minutes.....you can't get beat from there. Lose on pens...they're a lottery anyway...but you can't get beat when you're winning with 2 minutes left. Did the winning goal came from our corner?
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #757: Mar 17, 2024 07:06:50 pm
      Bringing Van Dijk on actually made sense cos he was rotating Quansah and keeping them both fresh. (And they were both good today.) It was having such a strong starting lineup  that Mo, Robbo n Bradley (and I think Endo) all had to play 90mins that was a bit surprising. Meant none of those 3 could play 90mins today.

Could have played tsimikas at centre back. Could have played tsimikas at left back. McConnell could have played instead of endo. Koumas, danns, Gordon. The options were there ... we just didn't use them.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 392 
      Reply #758: Mar 17, 2024 07:06:52 pm
      Yup the boss said that then said it was crazy they now have to go to international duty

If we have anything about us, we keep them here

Pull them all from international duty.

Quick Reply