Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Man U?

Caoimhin Kelleher
      7 (12.3%)
      Jarell Quansah
      7 (12.3%)
      Joe Gomez
      1 (1.8%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      12 (21.1%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (1.8%)
      Alexis Mac Allister
      19 (33.3%)
      Wataru Endo
      2 (3.5%)
      Dominik Szoboszlai
      2 (3.5%)
      Luis Diaz
      0 (0%)
      Darwin Núñez
      1 (1.8%)
      Mohamed Salah
      2 (3.5%)
      Harvey Elliott
      1 (1.8%)
      Cody Gakpo
      0 (0%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)
      Bobby Clark
      2 (3.5%)
      Conor Bradley
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Voting closed: Mar 21, 2024 06:08:24 pm

Manchester United 4-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 16156 times
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,216 posts | 240 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Re: Manchester United 4-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #828: Mar 18, 2024 12:46:37 am
      Their pace was always going to be a problem for us, missing Konate and Alisson didn’t help. We were completely goosed by the time ET came around, after Antony scored there only ever looked like there was gonna be 1 winner.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,216 posts | 240 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #829: Mar 18, 2024 12:49:00 am
      Knew that I'd see Mo get called out.

It can't be him all of the time.

And deservedly too, he doesn’t get a free pass just because it’s Mo. He was dreadful and looked like he was playing with his kids, nieces and nephews.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #830: Mar 18, 2024 12:53:53 am
      Keith, shut the F**k up mate. You were only doing half decent cause we let you and home turf doing its thing. Things are back how they should be.

Up the reds! Let's properly stuff them mancs now. Come on boys!

Ha ha is right Kate.

We were sh*te today and still nearly done em.

Feels mad being on the wrong end of one of these dramatic ones but for me, it was our own doing.

I got pissed and watched it in the pub so my thoughts might be different but we just didn't look sharp and crisp enough.

And why did we go so all out for that corner and leave just Robbo back?

I've got nothing else, I'm drunk, F**k the Mancs and their tragedy chanting. We go again
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      Reply #831: Mar 18, 2024 12:54:24 am

And deservedly too, he doesn’t get a free pass just because it’s Mo. He was dreadful and looked like he was playing with his kids, nieces and nephews.

A few were off the boil mate
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      Reply #832: Mar 18, 2024 12:58:21 am
      Got to enjoy the good wins ... because when killers like this come along ....

I thought united , as poor as they were, deserved to win. They accepted the gifts on offer and took their chances.

To be honest they didnt take all the gifts. They had some mega chances they should've scored from
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,216 posts | 240 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #833: Mar 18, 2024 01:01:04 am

They were, I’ll get round to them too. Don’t worry.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      Reply #834: Mar 18, 2024 01:04:32 am
      They were, I’ll get round to them too. Don’t worry.

I'm not worrying. Why would I be worried about what some random says on the Internet? Sarcy little beaut
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,216 posts | 240 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #835: Mar 18, 2024 01:05:32 am
      I'm not worrying. Why would I be worried about what some random says on the Internet? Sarcy little beaut

Don’t worry lad, I’m on it. Relax Mr I knew Mo would be called out. Of course you would because you know as much as the next man he played like crap.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      Reply #836: Mar 18, 2024 01:09:36 am
      Relax Mr I knew Mo would be called out.

Couldn't you have thought of something harder to say?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      Reply #837: Mar 18, 2024 01:14:40 am
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,216 posts | 240 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #838: Mar 18, 2024 01:47:56 am
      Couldn't you have thought of something harder to say?

Too late in the day for that.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #839: Mar 18, 2024 03:23:38 am
      To be honest they didnt take all the gifts. They had some mega chances they should've scored from

Yep. Should have won it at the end of the 90. Good job for us they didn't take all the gifts.

As for us being sh*te and 'almost' doing them, well they are fu*king shi*e and they've took points off us at anfield and knocked us out the cup. Need to sort it out. Another performance like that in the league and that's gone too. Not interested in the europa league. Nobody is. The league is all that matters now.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,739 posts | 3948 
      Reply #840: Mar 18, 2024 07:12:55 am
      Yep that sleep hasn’t helped, absolute F***ing nightmare considering the way we lost.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,990 posts | 5048 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #841: Mar 18, 2024 07:57:21 am
      Basically down to nothing else to play for Kenny. You’ll see a different match when we play you again in the league.

You’re absolutely spot on with your comments though. Far too many games in our league. Your squad not big enough in depth to handle so many competitions in my opinion. There’s only city who have that quality in abundance sadly.  Think the Thursday game took more out of you than many thought. We all know the Europa Cup arguably the most strenuous comp to win due to where it sits in the calendar.

We need less games in the English game, something needs to give. Maybe have a choice of what cup competitions you can play in being an option?

I’d even go with reducing the teams in the Premier League. Playing 2/3 games a week  is always going to have long term effect on players. We’ve since only to recently the amount of kids you’ve had to play, it’s not down to training techniques like many think. Players are simply exhausted and will always create many muscle injuries because of it.

This….its just not us affected by having too many games, Klopp and tbf Pep have been saying this for years, like Keith mentioned the Thursday/ Sunday turnaround is too short especially travelling long distances,
      But of course UEFA and the rest of the corrupt powers at be won’t listen, their only interest is how much money they can cream off the top,

They don’t care about players welfare less so fans, they want to increase games not reduce, next season there’s another extension of clubs in the CL so more matches being squeezed in , the kunts will have games played Monday to Friday if they get their way,

Domestic Cup competitions are being squeezed out, you can’t play some of them if there’s Euro games played the same time, or televised, every club involved should take a stance, as in league & FA cup, just play the kids in early rounds, if they go out you could end up with a a Chesterfield V Burton Albion final, very alluring to sponsors that don’t you think??

F**k the FA, UEFA Premiership etc we want quality not quantity, Simples !!

YNWA
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,947 posts | 453 
      Reply #842: Mar 18, 2024 08:08:50 am
      We didn't have to play a strong side on Thursday or the Thursday before that.

If we are to go and win the big title this year Jürgen will have to rotate better in that competition.

It's a level below where we are used to and while it might give teams a chance to beat us I think we can still progress in it without going full strength in it at the expense of domestic trophies.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,265 posts | 3503 
      Reply #843: Mar 18, 2024 08:21:20 am
      All calmed down now ?

Throughout the history of the club we have lost games , small ones , big ones , even when we dominated through the 70’s and 80’s we lost in the cup at times

It happens and we were going to lose a game at some point

The players are human and will at times just not hit their level

The pile on after towards scapegoats is pathetic

It’s been happening since the advent of social media

It used to be crouch , then Kuyt then Lucas , then Jones and Gomez now it’s Gakpo and Diaz being the last scapegoats whenever we don’t win a game

We lost the game because we didn’t put away our chances , we lost because we made basic errors at the back and we just run out of energy

As an example - that was Mancs 12th since Jan - it was our 19th m

That was their final , they will get stuffed in the final , they can release a DVD for the day that they beat an under par Liverpool

We have bigger things to move onto now
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,336 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #844: Mar 18, 2024 08:35:33 am
      They already have. Small team of losers.

They can celebrate beating us by one goal in extra time in a match where Liverpool played very badly.

As an aside, still feel their 2nd goal should have been flagged. They only got the ball because we defended and cleared the ball away from an offside player. He interfered with play.

Dan beating you lot by one goal or four goals has the same feeling mate trust me. 😂
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,336 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #845: Mar 18, 2024 08:40:51 am
      Yep that sleep hasn’t helped, absolute F***ing nightmare considering the way we lost.

Top of the morning to you la. I slept like a baby mate, was you crying like a baby. 😂
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,522 posts | 2874 
      Reply #846: Mar 18, 2024 09:00:25 am
      They already have. Small team of losers.

They can celebrate beating us by one goal in extra time in a match where Liverpool played very badly.

As an aside, still feel their 2nd goal should have been flagged. They only got the ball because we defended and cleared the ball away from an offside player. He interfered with play.

The 2nd goal is a real problem that the current offside rules don’t really sort out.

If VVD misses his clearance then it’s offside and the goal never happens. The only reason he makes the clearance though is because an offside player has made a dangerous run that he wants to stop.

Doesn’t make sense as he’s clearly interfering with play.

Not using it as an excuse and I’m sure we’ve also scored some goals that way but it’s an aspect of the offside rule that needs changing.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,854 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #847: Mar 18, 2024 09:33:26 am
      We looked a yard or two off the pace yesterday, probably because of the amount of games played ,training ,travelling that we have been doing this year .Roasted down the left side time after time by pace and riding our luck that Rashford couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo for most of the game . Fernandes was lucky to stay on the pitch and should have got the second yellow card ,however we did have the chances to put the game to bed and failed to take them. Whilst I understand that we could have played a sub-standard team against Sparta ,you have to think about the supporters paying to go watch their team , do they want to see an U21 side and pay full price ? I wouldn't ,But we move on to the next game and trust our lads to do the business as usual !
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,500 posts | 826 
      Reply #848: Mar 18, 2024 10:15:04 am
      All calmed down now ?

Throughout the history of the club we have lost games , small ones , big ones , even when we dominated through the 70’s and 80’s we lost in the cup at times

It happens and we were going to lose a game at some point

The players are human and will at times just not hit their level

The pile on after towards scapegoats is pathetic

It’s been happening since the advent of social media

It used to be crouch , then Kuyt then Lucas , then Jones and Gomez now it’s Gakpo and Diaz being the last scapegoats whenever we don’t win a game

We lost the game because we didn’t put away our chances , we lost because we made basic errors at the back and we just run out of energy

As an example - that was Mancs 12th since Jan - it was our 19th m

That was their final , they will get stuffed in the final , they can release a DVD for the day that they beat an under par Liverpool

We have bigger things to move onto now
      It's human nature to search for blame....How did that just happen?....Whose fault etc....Who cares they're just words on an internet site?
      As you rightly say: We lost the game because we didn't put away our chances, together with basic errors at the back. The energy narrative, well that wasn't obvious to me...if anything it was the other way round, Utd looked shattered. Of course goals give you energy and their equaliser in real time was the catalyst for their renewed effort. Both teams undeniably goosed after 120 minutes....there was nothing in it energy wise. The key pivot was the 5 on 2 attack....to not get a shot off was borderline criminal. Anyway it's done and we have no choice but to learn from it and move on.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #849: Mar 18, 2024 10:18:43 am
      It's human nature to search for blame....How did that just happen?....Whose fault etc....Who cares they're just words on an internet site?
      As you rightly say: We lost the game because we didn't put away our chances, together with basic errors at the back. The energy narrative, well that wasn't obvious to me...if anything it was the other way round, Utd looked shattered. Of course goals give you energy and their equaliser in real time was the catalyst for their renewed effort. Both teams undeniably goosed after 120 minutes....there was nothing in it energy wise. The key pivot was the 5 on 2 attack....to not get a shot off was borderline criminal. Anyway it's done and we have no choice but to learn from it and move on.

I don't agree. We had to take 3 of our top players off because they looked tired after playing 90 minutes plus less than 3 days before in a dead rubber match. It was ludicrous then ... its ludicrous now.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,265 posts | 3503 
      Reply #850: Mar 18, 2024 10:32:21 am

It’s not human nature to go straight after the scapegoats

Look at which player threads get activity when the result isn’t a positive one

It’s a modern phenomenon started on social media

We lost because we didn’t take chances and some players make mistakes

Quick Reply