Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 9th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P11 W6 D4 L1

Pre-match Liverpool V Brighton Sunday 31/3/24 KO 2pm

Read 1991 times
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,309 posts | 768 
      Re: Pre-match Liverpool V Brighton Sunday 31/3/24 KO 2pm
      Reply #23: Mar 31, 2024 10:25:23 am
      Must win game for the Reds, does not matter who scores, gone for a 3  1, home win in the Prediction league.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,382 posts | 783 
      Reply #24: Mar 31, 2024 10:31:52 am
      Happy Easter all....Xristos Anesti Xronia Pola...Confident of a win for Reds today.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,363 posts | 1538 
      Reply #25: Mar 31, 2024 11:20:12 am
      Glad to be back from the meaningless international friendlies. Still massively deflated following our second half F**k up versus the munts.
      Have to win today to keep in the hunt for the prem.
      Difficult game, and we haven’t a great history against these. If the attitude is right for 90 plus minutes we can do it.
      Just need to impose ourselves on them and be warey of the counter.
      We win, and that will put a lot of pressure on arse and citeh, as they will both have to go for a win. Neither of them will want to draw.
      I’ve gone for 3:1 and think it’s doable if we can get the crowd behind us big time.
      COME ON YOU MIGHTY RED MEN 🤛
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,303 posts | 1668 
      Reply #26: Mar 31, 2024 11:40:55 am
      Rumour Quansah starts again
      Harrisimo

• 8,317 posts | 1405 
      Reply #27: Mar 31, 2024 12:14:40 pm

If so it looks more and more than we can't rely on Konate. Can be great at times but his frame, body shape just make him look a bit injury prone. Not stuff that keeps him out for months, just constant muscle issues, pulls and strains. Hardly get 4/5 game runs and he's back on the treatment table.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,563 posts | 1497 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #28: Mar 31, 2024 12:16:38 pm
      Ffs just got myself all sorted on the sofa, drinks ready for a 12:30 kick off 🤦🏻‍♂️

We have that many these days I convince myself that’s when we kick off if we’re the first match of the day now…
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,961 posts | 5018 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #29: Mar 31, 2024 12:22:52 pm
      Don't be getting your hopes up for tomorrow Billy Boy, we ain't kicking that ball till Sunday afternoon  ;)

I was thinking ahead Cas as always 🤣🤣 ❤️

YNWA
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,961 posts | 5018 
      Reply #30: Mar 31, 2024 12:28:57 pm
      Another tricky game despite us having the crowd. Another team where we don't have the best record.
      We need to be firing on all cylinders every time between now and the end of the season and make sure we get 3 points.
      We are good enough to win (but then we were good enough to stuff ManUre and look how that turned out  :f_wah:)

Worst is - the very elderly Ma-in-Law is paying us a visit Sunday so it'll be sticking plaster on me gob and just updates on the phone. I mean who invites their mother for Sunday dinner when we have a 2pm K.O?  :mad: :f_steam:

Why not swap your gob to that of your Ma in laws, gaffa tape her to the chair, stick some headphones on her with head banging heavy rock tunes on a loop for a couple of hours, job done, simples, if yer man complains just say no Sex for until the season ends !!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

YNWA
      rossyred

• 9,303 posts | 1668 
      Reply #31: Mar 31, 2024 12:29:12 pm
      If so it looks more and more than we can't rely on Konate. Can be great at times but his frame, body shape just make him look a bit injury prone. Not stuff that keeps him out for months, just constant muscle issues, pulls and strains. Hardly get 4/5 game runs and he's back on the treatment table.

Cannot believe we let him go on int duty unless it's an illness. We Will.definately be getting another CB in the summer
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,202 posts | 1101 
      Reply #32: Mar 31, 2024 12:32:48 pm
      He is RISEN..... Let's also rise to the top. At sunrise service so I can watch live ;D

3-0 win

higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Reply #33: Mar 31, 2024 12:37:33 pm
      Another tricky game despite us having the crowd. Another team where we don't have the best record.
      We need to be firing on all cylinders every time between now and the end of the season and make sure we get 3 points.
      We are good enough to win (but then we were good enough to stuff ManUre and look how that turned out  :f_wah:)

Worst is - the very elderly Ma-in-Law is paying us a visit Sunday so it'll be sticking plaster on me gob and just updates on the phone. I mean who invites their mother for Sunday dinner when we have a 2pm K.O?  :mad: :f_steam:

My ma's having us all round for dinner today. Of course we're sitting down at 2pm, good timing.

I'll have the game on my phone though, F**k it.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #34: Mar 31, 2024 12:41:47 pm
      The fun begins now. Looking back at the start of the season I couldn't imagine our side being in a title race but here we are and I am looking forward to it.

As for the side I think you go with your strongest to set the tone then work other players in during the midweek games.

It will be a difficult match but if we can get off on the front foot think the three points will be ours
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,331 posts | 8605 
      Reply #35: Mar 31, 2024 12:44:10 pm
      Just about to leave for the ground.

C'mon Redmen, 3pts today!!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,419 posts | 2836 
      Reply #36: Mar 31, 2024 12:46:36 pm
      Only got ourselves to blame for the Konate situation.

Should have never let him go on international duty.
      RedBelle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 818 posts | 135 
      Reply #37: Mar 31, 2024 12:48:45 pm

Why not swap your gob to that of your Ma in laws, gaffa tape her to the chair, stick some headphones on her with head banging heavy rock tunes on a loop for a couple of hours, job done, simples, if yer man complains just say no Sex for until the season ends !!! 🤣🤣🤣

YNWA

Yer know Billy I always thought you were sound... now it's confirmed  :lmao:
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,961 posts | 5018 
      Reply #38: Mar 31, 2024 12:50:47 pm
      Firstly let’s get that one off F**k up Vs the Munts out of our minds, today is completely different, this is our bread & butter, this is the main event, the one we all want to win,

City & Arse will cancel themselves out hopefully, leaving us with a two point advantage over Arse, and three over City, this is the first of a ten run winning streak, we have to, assuming City will do the same, but if we do we win the league simples, Arse still have to visit Spuds, potentially dropping two more points, both have major CL commitments to face whilst we are breezing thru the Europa, after today only Spuds at home, Villa & Blueshite away stand in our way, but with the momentum we will have, the motivation of Klopp’s last moments, add our Monster mentality and the sheer desire to win at all costs should see us crowned Champions,

The quad was always going to prove a bridge too far, something had to give, I think the Europa League has a inevibility about it imo, and the league is ours to F**k it up, and I don’t think we will, so our re-focus on the league title starts today……..

Kelleher
           Bradley  Quansah  Virgil  Gomez
                               Endo
                Szlobos              Macca
              Salah.       Nunez.        Diaz

C’MON REDMEN !!!   

YNWA
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,580 posts | 391 
      Reply #39: Mar 31, 2024 12:52:30 pm
      Don’t have an issue with Quansah…. But Konate going on international duty was a farce
      Don77

• 6,591 posts | 1100 
      Reply #40: Mar 31, 2024 12:56:19 pm
      Im not shy of calling the club out when they dont help themselves ... eg flogging the first team less than 3 days before united in a tie that was over.

But i think they had to send konate. I dont think you can refuse to send a player if called up.

Ibou has all the tools ... but hes unreliable. He missed north of 60 games in the 2 seasons before he signed. Hes not even made of glass. Unfortunate. But we knew what we were getting.
      rossyred

• 9,303 posts | 1668 
      Reply #41: Mar 31, 2024 12:56:31 pm
      Don’t have an issue with Quansah…. But Konate going on international duty was a farce

On the bench so can't be that bad . Maybe plays Thursday instead of VVD and rest him before Mancs
      Don77

• 6,591 posts | 1100 
      Reply #42: Mar 31, 2024 12:58:22 pm
      On the bench so can't be that bad . Maybe plays Thursday instead of VVD and rest him before Mancs

No way konate plays thursday. That rules him out of the united game. Gomez/quansah maybe and kostas left back if robbo not fit. But im sure virg will play every game. Hes the captain.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,563 posts | 1497 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #43: Mar 31, 2024 01:00:42 pm
      Liverpool XI vs Brighton:

Kelleher; Bradley, Quansah, Van Dijk, Gomez; Endo, Szoboszlai, Mac Allister; Salah, Nunez, Diaz.

Subs: Adrian, Konate, Gakpo, Elliott, Tsimikas, Gravenberch, Clark, McConnell, Danns
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,580 posts | 391 
      Reply #44: Mar 31, 2024 01:01:36 pm

Fair. People were saying he wasn’t in the squad earlier.

Quick Reply