Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

Pre-match Liverpool vs Sheff Utd EPL 4/4/24 Ko 7.30

Read 3376 times
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 6,549 posts | 1093 
      Pre-match Liverpool vs Sheff Utd EPL 4/4/24 Ko 7.30
      Apr 02, 2024 09:03:36 am
      I will get this one going.

Thursday see's us welcome Sheffield United to Anfield in our final match before the business end of the season and a tough run in begins on sunday.

Hot on the heels of a chaotic and tough game against brighton I am expecting this one to be much more straight forward. All that matters is collecting another 3 points and with Arsenal hosting Luton on wednesday its 99.9% certain we will be 2nd come ko time.

I am not expecting any of our injured party to return for this one. It is not worth risking Konate, nor do we need to. He can return sunday. Maybe Jones for the bench? Im not sure where he is currently but Ali and Jota no chance.

I really hope we dont make the same mistakes in selection as we did the last time we had United less than 3 days later. Our under 21s could beat these. Its time to rotate with a busy period ahead. I would line up like this:

Kelleher
      Gomez
      Quansah
      Virg
      Tsimikas

McConnell
      Grav
      Elliott

Salah
      Danns
      Gakpo

With plenty of ammo on the bench that should be more than enough to take 3 points off a beleaguered Sheffield United who are doomed.

Night game, full house at Anfield. It is going to be good.
      « Last Edit: Apr 02, 2024 10:29:16 am by JD »
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,033 posts | 534 
      Re: Pre-match Liverpool vs Sheff Utd EPL 4/4/24 Ko 7.30
      Reply #1: Apr 02, 2024 10:04:48 am
      I'd rotate somewhat, but not that much. I'd rest Endo cos he's on 8 yellows and we do not want him getting suspended ( he'll probably need one of his remaining 2 yellows against the Mancs), but start Mac.

Gakpo to start instead of Darwin (who comes on 2nd half for Diaz). Elliot to move to RW instead of Mo in 2nd half when Grav or Clark comes on for him.

They are genuinely sh*te and if we go after them from the off should win and boost our goal difference while we're at it.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,299 posts | 766 
      Reply #2: Apr 02, 2024 10:09:54 am
      Three points surely, anything less would be a near disaster. The blades will be fighting for every point, but the Reds will prove too strong. Predicting a 4  1 scoreline for the Reds.

Plenty of action for the Anfield crowd to enjoy !
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,657 posts | 6949 
      Reply #3: Apr 02, 2024 10:33:21 am
      Hopefully a better crowd in than were there for Brighton.

A few goals in the plus column could prove useful, but realistically all that matters is the points.

Don't think we should overly look at team rotation ahead of United as this time around they will have the same gap before the weekend's game.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,086 posts | 3444 
      Reply #4: Apr 02, 2024 10:45:46 am
      3 points is all that matters

Just keep getting them and the GD will be irrelevant

Kelleher

Bradley
      Konate
      VVD
      Kostas

Gary Mac
      Elliot
      McConnell

Mo
      Nunez
      Diaz

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,951 posts | 5010 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #5: Apr 02, 2024 10:50:34 am
      Another must win this, no f***in about get after them and don’t stop until we’re 8 nil up(@ht😁),
      Seriously though this is a opportunity to cut the goal difference, Blades know their on a hiding we just don’t know by how many, but three points is what we need and what we will get,
      Arse host Luton and wouldn’t be at all surprised if that ends in a draw, of course form tells us otherwise but Luton can be f***in awkward!!

We have nine finals left to be crowned Champions, Nine, so let’s just tick one of at a time, we’re the mentality monsters so let’s do this!!!

5-0 Champions Elect!!

YNWA
      Don77
      • Started Topic

• 6,549 posts | 1093 
      Reply #6: Apr 02, 2024 11:09:13 am
      Hopefully a better crowd in than were there for Brighton.

A few goals in the plus column could prove useful, but realistically all that matters is the points.

Don't think we should overly look at team rotation ahead of United as this time around they will have the same gap before the weekend's game.

Im just purely looking at it as a chance to rotate mate. Obviously it would be different if it were arsenal at home.

We have the chance here to give a good chunk of our players a breather before the last 8 games. We dont need to be risking too many here. Use the squad and if nerded the big guns from the bench. But they should not be needed.

I dont expect my team to be the one named. Its purely what i would go for and i believe they would win by 2 or 3. Why risk konate bradley mac endo dom nunez diaz etc when we dont have to? Salah will always want to play ... id get him off after 60. Alot of games ahead ... much harder than this.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,299 posts | 766 
      Reply #7: Apr 02, 2024 11:21:21 am
      Some very interesting posts, rotation etc, another big game on Sunday. Take one game at a time, as for Sheffield Utd, just go out and tw*t them !
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,223 posts | 1222 
      Reply #8: Apr 02, 2024 11:24:04 am
      Focus on the task, play well, get the three points and the goal difference will take care of itself. I wouldn't overly rotate, maybe one or two fitness depending. Best time to rotate is once the game is secure.
      Don77
      • Started Topic

• 6,549 posts | 1093 
      Reply #9: Apr 02, 2024 11:34:42 am
      Focus on the task, play well, get the three points and the goal difference will take care of itself. I wouldn't overly rotate, maybe one or two fitness depending. Best time to rotate is once the game is secure.

Im looking at it mate as a chance to give plenty a breather. We dont need our first 11 or close to it to beat these. But we have plenty in the squad to keep sharp and giving them minutes is the way to do that.

Use the squad ... and if required we have power to bring on. But they should not really be needed. The big one is sunday and i want our best 11 out there, fresh and ready to go for 100 minutes.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 170 
      Reply #10: Apr 02, 2024 11:38:25 am
      This isn't the time to start bringing kids in.

Kelleher Bradley Konate Virgil Kostas Endo Szobo Mac Salah Nunez Diaz

Smash Sheffield and take the momentum into the Utd game.
      Don77
      • Started Topic

• 6,549 posts | 1093 
      Reply #11: Apr 02, 2024 11:41:58 am

McConnell and Danns more than capable. Do you think we need that team to beat these? Endo at risk of suspension. Konate wont be playing v united if you play him here. He needs to be managed. We have a squad. I think we should use it and this is the ideal game.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1030 
      Reply #12: Apr 02, 2024 11:49:22 am
      Strongest possible team I expect. Potentially Grav in for one of the other 3 but that’s the extent of it I imagine. Don’t think Klopp will be underestimating the opposition thankfully.

The recent international break was actually ok for us, obviously had a few playing but think we would have come back fresher with the games played in Europe, Salah rested, Japan’s second game cancelled… Also got a good few players returned or returning from injury. I don’t think now is the time for heavy rotation.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,086 posts | 3444 
      Reply #13: Apr 02, 2024 12:13:06 pm
      Never underestimate any team that’s fighting for their survival
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,335 posts | 779 
      Reply #14: Apr 02, 2024 12:37:37 pm

100%.......anyone thinking this game is already won are deluding themselves. Of course I expect us to win...but Sheffield U. will be fighting hard and anything less than total commitment might be a problem. Start a strong team and hopefully score a hat full by half time, break their will, then bring on some of the kids to see it out. Starting the other way round with McConnell & Danns invites SU to have a go.  Strong team and get it won early.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,396 posts | 2823 
      Reply #15: Apr 02, 2024 12:56:52 pm
      Think Gakpo gets a game here.

Kelleher; Bradley, Quansah, Van Dijk, Tsimikas; Endo, Mac, Elliott; Salah, Gakpo, Diaz.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,353 posts | 1634 
      Reply #16: Apr 02, 2024 01:32:14 pm
      Can’t make it up if true Taylor the ref aided by pawson and brooks fckin hell you just can’t make it up 🙈
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 170 
      Reply #17: Apr 02, 2024 02:04:51 pm
      McConnell and Danns more than capable. Do you think we need that team to beat these? Endo at risk of suspension. Konate wont be playing v united if you play him here. He needs to be managed. We have a squad. I think we should use it and this is the ideal game.

No but I'm still putting out our strongest available team....absolute no error for margin. Get the game wrapped up as early as possible then when it's time, save the legs of the big boys.

Ibou can play Thursday, Sunday no problems. Done so many times in the past. Time to rotate is inbetween the Utd and Palace game.
      Don77
      • Started Topic

• 6,549 posts | 1093 
      Reply #18: Apr 02, 2024 03:09:00 pm
      100%.......anyone thinking this game is already won are deluding themselves. Of course I expect us to win...but Sheffield U. will be fighting hard and anything less than total commitment might be a problem. Start a strong team and hopefully score a hat full by half time, break their will, then bring on some of the kids to see it out. Starting the other way round with McConnell & Danns invites SU to have a go.  Strong team and get it won early.

I dont think putting some squad players in invites them to have a go. The team i named has kells, virg, tsimikas, gomez, elliott, salah, gakpo, grav in it ... are these not good footballers? Are they not capable of beating sheff united? Are Mcconnell and Danns not capable? Are they not committed?

I think its a good opportunity to give some good players a game on the eve of potentially a titanic struggle on sunday.

Thats not taking them lightly. Thats knowing our squad is miles better than theirs and we should be using it. But you see it the other way obviously. All good.
      Don77
      • Started Topic

• 6,549 posts | 1093 
      Reply #19: Apr 02, 2024 03:11:20 pm
      No but I'm still putting out our strongest available team....absolute no error for margin. Get the game wrapped up as early as possible then when it's time, save the legs of the big boys.

Ibou can play Thursday, Sunday no problems. Done so many times in the past. Time to rotate is inbetween the Utd and Palace game.

No way konate is playing thursday/sunday. He doesnt back up games. I think thats well established mate. He needs to be managed.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 170 
      Reply #20: Apr 02, 2024 03:37:53 pm
      No way konate is playing thursday/sunday. He doesnt back up games. I think thats well established mate. He needs to be managed.

Why not? He's been back since before the break. He played 105mins in the cup final 25.2, played 45mins 3 days after and another 90mins 3 days after that so if we need him to we can.

Whilst managing does help to lower the risk, it will never prevent injuries plus in the position we're in with what's at stake we simply can't afford to disrupt our team selections with multiple changes.

Let's say he doesn't play Sheffield and we end up drawing 1-1, then Konate picks up an injury the next day in training.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,335 posts | 779 
      Reply #21: Apr 02, 2024 03:52:19 pm
      I dont think putting some squad players in invites them to have a go. The team i named has kells, virg, tsimikas, gomez, elliott, salah, gakpo, grav in it ... are these not good footballers? Are they not capable of beating sheff united? Are Mcconnell and Danns not capable? Are they not committed?

I think its a good opportunity to give some good players a game on the eve of potentially a titanic struggle on sunday.

Thats not taking them lightly. Thats knowing our squad is miles better than theirs and we should be using it. But you see it the other way obviously. All good.
      They're all just throwaway opinions on a fan forum; nothing we say has any baring with what will or won't happen...There are two approaches to the Sheffield fixture; start strong get comfortably ahead, then change the personnel...the other way is to start with a slightly lighter team, made up of one or two kids and if it's still in the balance bring on the senior players. There is no right way and there is no wrong way...I have the opinion the former is potentially less tasking on the squad...you see it fractionally different....the forum would be odd (Redundant) if we all agreed on everything.
      Have a good day fella.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,223 posts | 1222 
      Reply #22: Apr 02, 2024 03:57:51 pm
      I personally think we pick as near our strongest team as poss with one or two carefully considered exceptions e.g. Kostas at LB given we are at home. Too much and we might lose rhythm which I think is important at this stage of the season. I also don't like the idea of going into any PL game thinking it's a given as that's a recipe for an upset/needless chasing of the game (which itself probably increases the risk of injury/disciplinary issues as well as collective well being of all reds). If we're 2-0 up with 60 mins played, make some changes then.
      Don77
      • Started Topic

• 6,549 posts | 1093 
      Reply #23: Apr 02, 2024 04:13:18 pm
      They're all just throwaway opinions on a fan forum; nothing we say has any baring with what will or won't happen...There are two approaches to the Sheffield fixture; start strong get comfortably ahead, then change the personnel...the other way is to start with a slightly lighter team, made up of one or two kids and if it's still in the balance bring on the senior players. There is no right way and there is no wrong way...I have the opinion the former is potentially less tasking on the squad...you see it fractionally different....the forum would be odd (Redundant) if we all agreed on everything.
      Have a good day fella.

Very much so.

Id like to see us flex our muscles and use the squad. We will still win comfortably in my view without risking many of our main players. I really do hope though that Ibou is saved for the weekend.

If the game was on wednesday i'd be more inclined to go more toward full strength. But i just dont think we need to in order to get 3 points here.
      rossyred

• 9,296 posts | 1666 
      Reply #24: Apr 02, 2024 05:53:31 pm
      9 games in 27 days and this is the easiest on paper simply have fo rotate at some point VVD will not play full game for me nor will at least two of the midfield and one forward
      Don77
      • Started Topic

• 6,549 posts | 1093 
      Reply #25: Apr 02, 2024 06:05:17 pm
      9 games in 27 days and this is the easiest on paper simply have fo rotate at some point VVD will not play full game for me nor will at least two of the midfield and one forward

Thats kind of the lines im going down mate. Alot of games ... 3 away in 6 days too upcoming.  If Jones is available id like to see him used from the bench with McConnell Harvey and Grav getting a start. Still a good midfield for me.

Virg i think will get a full game. But thats just my opinion obviously.

Obviously my front 3 was Salah danns and Gakpo which i feel is more than capable of doing the business here, whilst giving a break to Darwin and Luis who will be on the bench.

We have a really good squad. Ive no worries about Jürgen using it for this game.
      rossyred

• 9,296 posts | 1666 
      Reply #26: Apr 02, 2024 06:58:48 pm
      Thats kind of the lines im going down mate. Alot of games ... 3 away in 6 days too upcoming.  If Jones is available id like to see him used from the bench with McConnell Harvey and Grav getting a start. Still a good midfield for me.

Virg i think will get a full game. But thats just my opinion obviously.

Obviously my front 3 was Salah danns and Gakpo which i feel is more than capable of doing the business here, whilst giving a break to Darwin and Luis who will be on the bench.

We have a really good squad. Ive no worries about Jürgen using it for this game.

Why TAA,Jota and Ali are going to be so welcome back we are going to need everyone. Would imagine every player will not start at least one game just making sure the right games are selected to miss. Sunday is massive and Ibou needs to start we can't go with Quansah and Bradley for me . I think we win league with 6 points in next two games
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,951 posts | 5010 
      Reply #27: Apr 02, 2024 07:12:39 pm
      I’m in the “Let’s get it done quickly “ camp, then we can bring in one or two of the kids, we know how capable they are, only slight concern is Endo, we need him against them Scummers, I’d doubt he’d pick up another yellow in the first hour but we all know the ineptitude of the Referees these days,

I’m starting strong, the job is half done anyway, Blades players know their proper up against it, so attitudes will hardly be buoyant, so let’s carve them open at every opportunity, slice thru whatever feeble defence they have and put them to the Sword…..see what I did there…? 😜

Could have done with resting Endo altogether but we don’t have Bajcetic and Tyler Morton is ripping it up at Hull, either would have been ideal, I’m loathe to playing Macca as a Six, we lose too much up front, however Joe could well deputise against quite a weak attack and maybe young McConnell to take over after a hour,

Not sure on Robbo but Kostas needs minutes in his legs so I’d go with him if Robbo is still Crook, same with Konate, he needs playing time so he starts for me too, G’Berch another who I believe will get game time, probably off the bench though,…….

…………… Kelleher
      Bradley Konate Virgil Kostas
                  Gomez
      Szlobo              Macca
        Salah   Nunez   Diaz

Let’s get this done within 70, then use the five subs we have at our disposal, if there was ever a nailed on victory in the EPL, this is it, be nice if we can close that gd gap on the Goons, however, the 3 points are the Most important, and keep,the pressure on those pair of KUNTS behind us !!!

YNWA
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,251 posts | 924 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #28: Apr 02, 2024 07:53:13 pm
      Let’s get the first 20 minutes over without conceding a goal and give the a thrashing, hate their manager
      Harrisimo

• 8,296 posts | 1403 
      Reply #29: Apr 02, 2024 09:01:09 pm
      Might have to be patient, might not wrap it up in the first 20 or so. Boss won't approach the game thinking it will be a cake walk. He knows we can't get ahead of ourselves, every ball has to won, take nothing for granted.

But still might rest Endo and possibly Nunez or Diaz. The intensity will still be the same and SU will put up a fight. 3 pts is all that matters.

Kelleher, Bradley,Quansah,VVD, Gomez...Dom, Mac, Elliott..Mo..Gakpo..Diaz or Nunez.  3-0.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,033 posts | 534 
      Reply #30: Apr 02, 2024 09:33:16 pm
      Which of the subscription TV channels is this one on? Is it Prime? Sky? Or the other one (can't remember what it's called)?
      Don77
      • Started Topic

• 6,549 posts | 1093 
      Reply #31: Apr 02, 2024 09:39:29 pm
      Which of the subscription TV channels is this one on? Is it Prime? Sky? Or the other one (can't remember what it's called)?

Tnt sports mate i think
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,033 posts | 534 
      Reply #32: Apr 02, 2024 09:55:44 pm

Cheers Don. Thought it was the one I don't have! f***in ridiculous the way they've spread it round 3 companies.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,653 posts | 3921 
      Reply #33: Apr 02, 2024 10:08:43 pm
      I hope the players don’t think this will be a cruise. We should come out flying trying to as much damage as possible.
      Harrisimo

• 8,296 posts | 1403 
      Reply #34: Apr 02, 2024 10:31:11 pm
      I hope the players don’t think this will be a cruise. We should come out flying trying to as much damage as possible.

VVD's one step away from his rocking chair half the time.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,350 posts | 1533 
      Reply #35: Apr 02, 2024 11:38:36 pm

This for me. Rest a couple if we get 3 or 4 ahead 🤷‍♂️
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,350 posts | 1533 
      Reply #36: Apr 02, 2024 11:41:07 pm
      I’m in the “Let’s get it done quickly “ camp, then we can bring in one or two of the kids, we know how capable they are, only slight concern is Endo, we need him against them Scummers, I’d doubt he’d pick up another yellow in the first hour but we all know the ineptitude of the Referees these days,

I’m starting strong, the job is half done anyway, Blades players know their proper up against it, so attitudes will hardly be buoyant, so let’s carve them open at every opportunity, slice thru whatever feeble defence they have and put them to the Sword…..see what I did there…? 😜

Could have done with resting Endo altogether but we don’t have Bajcetic and Tyler Morton is ripping it up at Hull, either would have been ideal, I’m loathe to playing Macca as a Six, we lose too much up front, however Joe could well deputise against quite a weak attack and maybe young McConnell to take over after a hour,

Not sure on Robbo but Kostas needs minutes in his legs so I’d go with him if Robbo is still Crook, same with Konate, he needs playing time so he starts for me too, G’Berch another who I believe will get game time, probably off the bench though,…….

…………… Kelleher
      Bradley Konate Virgil Kostas
                  Gomez
      Szlobo              Macca
        Salah   Nunez   Diaz

Let’s get this done within 70, then use the five subs we have at our disposal, if there was ever a nailed on victory in the EPL, this is it, be nice if we can close that gd gap on the Goons, however, the 3 points are the Most important, and keep,the pressure on those pair of KUNTS behind us !!!

YNWA

Nothing is nailed on in the prem billy, and thinking like that is the time it comes back and bites you in the arse 😱
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,951 posts | 5010 
      Reply #37: Apr 03, 2024 04:30:08 am

Nothing is nailed on in the prem billy, and thinking like that is the time it comes back and bites you in the arse 😱

Generally I’d agree mate, but Blades are sh*te, their at the arse end of the table for a reason, whilst we sit atop for totally contrasting reasons, I’d hazard a guess that if we were to put a sh*t load of kids out they’d give them problems, but we won’t be doing that….Why…cos we got a title to win and playing the side that’s propping up the entire EPL aren’t going to cause us too many problems…..hence me thinking this is a shoe in 3 points….and unless we get hit by a F***ing massive Meteorite nothing is gonna change….hope you got a hard hat to hand !! 😜

YNWA
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,619 posts | 3850 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #38: Apr 03, 2024 10:31:00 am
      I will get this one going.

Thursday see's us welcome Sheffield United to Anfield in our final match before the business end of the season and a tough run in begins on sunday.

Hot on the heels of a chaotic and tough game against brighton I am expecting this one to be much more straight forward. All that matters is collecting another 3 points and with Arsenal hosting Luton on wednesday its 99.9% certain we will be 2nd come ko time.

I am not expecting any of our injured party to return for this one. It is not worth risking Konate, nor do we need to. He can return sunday. Maybe Jones for the bench? Im not sure where he is currently but Ali and Jota no chance.

I really hope we dont make the same mistakes in selection as we did the last time we had United less than 3 days later. Our under 21s could beat these. Its time to rotate with a busy period ahead. I would line up like this:

Kelleher
      Gomez
      Quansah
      Virg
      Tsimikas

McConnell
      Grav
      Elliott

Salah
      Danns
      Gakpo

With plenty of ammo on the bench that should be more than enough to take 3 points off a beleaguered Sheffield United who are doomed.

Night game, full house at Anfield. It is going to be good.

I'd rather the team started strong and then made use of the 5 subs in the second half.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,335 posts | 779 
      Reply #39: Apr 03, 2024 10:38:17 am
      There's a big difference in probability and certainty and taking any game for granted is fraught with danger....as we have found to our cost in the past.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,350 posts | 1533 
      Reply #40: Apr 03, 2024 11:26:32 am
      There's a big difference in probability and certainty and taking any game for granted is fraught with danger....as we have found to our cost in the past.

This I’d agree with. Hope the players don’t turn up thinking it’s gonna be a stroll in the park.
      They gotta stay focussed and professional.
      Every game now is a must win.
      No complacency please.
      Don77
      • Started Topic

• 6,549 posts | 1093 
      Reply #41: Apr 03, 2024 11:28:30 am

I just see that theyve a GD of -50 and probably the poorest team ive ever seen in the premier league and people seem reluctant to make a few changes to manage the squad with regard to a much bigger game less than 3 days later. We dont need our first 11 to beat these in my opinion. Its the pefect opportunity to use the squad which is a really strong one.

Different opinions and different mindsets.
      Don77
      • Started Topic

• 6,549 posts | 1093 
      Reply #42: Apr 03, 2024 11:35:53 am
      I'd rather the team started strong and then made use of the 5 subs in the second half.

Did i not name a strong team capable of beating Sheffield United? That team is streets ahead of their team.

Seems im in the minority which is fine 🙂 . I just hope we dont pick up any knocks.
      rossyred

• 9,296 posts | 1666 
      Reply #43: Apr 03, 2024 02:03:14 pm
      Endo a slight concern surely leave him out and save for Sunday. Jones as the 6 or Mac back in there possibly ?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,560 posts | 1793 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #44: Apr 03, 2024 02:40:08 pm
      Endo has a little bit of a knock, that's it.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #45: Apr 03, 2024 02:50:47 pm

So weak. I expect him to be made of steel? Nippon Steel.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,560 posts | 1793 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #46: Apr 03, 2024 05:27:35 pm
      So weak. I expect him to be made of steel? Nippon Steel.

L o l
      Harrisimo

• 8,296 posts | 1403 
      Reply #47: Apr 03, 2024 06:01:04 pm

Endo and Nunez are on 8 yellow cards. If they get another 2 before the 32 game reset, they will get a 2 match ban. It is reset when the team reaches 32 games, not the player.

If a player tots up 15 yellow in total, after the 32 game reset and before the end of the season, it's a 3 match ban.

Liverpool, City and Arsenal are the bottom 3 in the yellow card league table. 54,46,43 respectively.

https://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2024/01/02/premier-league-yellow-cards-can-players-still-get-banned/
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,340 posts | 6391 
      Reply #48: Apr 03, 2024 07:33:03 pm
      Win and win big and we really put the pressure on City and Arse.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,299 posts | 766 
      Reply #49: Apr 04, 2024 11:06:59 am
      Try not to concede an early goal, put pressure on the opposition and surely we should win comfortably to restore our advantage at the top of the table.
      Tadders

• 6,788 posts | 574 
      Reply #50: Apr 04, 2024 11:43:33 am
      What minute will sheff utd take the lead?
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 759 posts | 128 
      Reply #51: Apr 04, 2024 11:55:05 am
      Seeing as they are absolute dog poop. Probably the 2nd minute....
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 170 
      Reply #52: Apr 04, 2024 11:57:15 am

:lmao:
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,335 posts | 779 
      Reply #53: Apr 04, 2024 12:19:49 pm
      I'll smash the fuc*ing house to pieces if it's the last minute!
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 170 
      Reply #54: Apr 04, 2024 01:05:06 pm
      This game has the hallmarks of a flat atmosphere so want to hear a raucous Anfield faithful tonight.
      Don77
      • Started Topic

• 6,549 posts | 1093 
      Reply #55: Apr 04, 2024 01:27:37 pm
      This game has the hallmarks of a flat atmosphere so want to hear a raucous Anfield faithful tonight.

Shouldnt be. One of klopps last at anfield, chance to go top, under the lights ... should be bouncing tonight.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,299 posts | 766 
      Reply #56: Apr 04, 2024 01:31:55 pm
      Shouldnt be. One of klopps last at anfield, chance to go top, under the lights ... should be bouncing tonight.

Agree crowd should be really up for this tonight, with hopefully a few goals, going in the right direction !
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 170 
      Reply #57: Apr 04, 2024 02:02:09 pm

You'd like to think so but Brighton wasn't exactly memorable was it? Brighton to Sheffield Utd. Sunday afternoon to Thursday night. Not saying it will but there is a chance people will turn up in their numbers with a bit of a meh attitude.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,335 posts | 779 
      Reply #58: Apr 04, 2024 02:09:39 pm
      You'd like to think so but Brighton wasn't exactly memorable was it? Brighton to Sheffield Utd. Sunday afternoon to Thursday night. Not saying it will but there is a chance people will turn up in their numbers with a bit of a meh attitude.
      Has anyone ever told you Life is short....Cheer up Bud
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,086 posts | 3444 
      Reply #59: Apr 04, 2024 02:40:14 pm

Guess you have never been midweek then
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 170 
      Reply #60: Apr 04, 2024 03:15:42 pm
      Has anyone ever told you Life is short....Cheer up Bud

They do but I never listen, in one ear and out the other.

We need Anfield pumping tonight in what could look to be a game where it'd be easy for sections of the fanbase to remain silent, nothing really more to in than that. It's like every other word of mine is being twisted in sounding like Dr. Negative lately. Not the case. Maybe I should've said this is the type of game (in a universal sense) that has the hallmark......and that would've sounded a little less like me coming across like a bit of a wet wipe. My apologies.
      « Last Edit: Apr 04, 2024 03:21:27 pm by The-AllMightyReds »
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 170 
      Reply #61: Apr 04, 2024 03:17:40 pm
      Guess you have never been midweek then

For a league game, probably not actually. Plenty of times otherwise.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,710 posts | 3717 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #62: Apr 04, 2024 03:32:22 pm
      We need to score lots of goals for the goal difference.

Hopefully they do.

I would give Endo a rest and put in Gravenberch till the 65th minute and then put Jones or Elliott on.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,335 posts | 779 
      Reply #63: Apr 04, 2024 03:57:52 pm
      They do but I never listen, in one ear and out the other.

We need Anfield pumping tonight in what could look to be a game where it'd be easy for sections of the fanbase to remain silent, nothing really more to in than that. It's like every other word of mine is being twisted in sounding like Dr. Negative lately. Not the case. Maybe I should've said this is the type of game (in a universal sense) that has the hallmark......and that would've sounded a little less like me coming across like a bit of a wet wipe. My apologies.
      In fairness the fixture wouldn't normally be one that gets the heart thumping....but context is everything and we have to win, and win big.... a vociferous crowd always helps.
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #64: Apr 04, 2024 04:07:41 pm
       :kop5cf8koxp6:     Take our chances and put a big dent in the GD

Mon The Redmen  :kop5cf8koxp6:
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,560 posts | 1793 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #65: Apr 04, 2024 04:09:33 pm
      Endo and Nunez are on 8 yellow cards. If they get another 2 before the 32 game reset, they will get a 2 match ban. It is reset when the team reaches 32 games, not the player.

If a player tots up 15 yellow in total, after the 32 game reset and before the end of the season, it's a 3 match ban.

Liverpool, City and Arsenal are the bottom 3 in the yellow card league table. 54,46,43 respectively.

https://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2024/01/02/premier-league-yellow-cards-can-players-still-get-banned/

Oaft. Didn't know that
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,560 posts | 1793 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #66: Apr 04, 2024 04:14:02 pm
      Smash em.

Nice early goal from us and we're off .....
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 170 
      Reply #67: Apr 04, 2024 04:49:52 pm
      The leaked side has Ibou and Grav in for Quansah and Endo.

Sensible.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,545 posts | 1488 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #68: Apr 04, 2024 05:08:56 pm
      Odds on them scoring first? Can’t have an easy night now can we?
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 170 
      Reply #69: Apr 04, 2024 05:10:19 pm
      Odds on them scoring first? Can’t have an easy night now can we?

9/2.

Rhetorical or not you made me check it out ok!!
      Redangel

• 8,339 posts | 1011 
      Reply #70: Apr 04, 2024 05:46:20 pm
      Smash em.

Nice early goal from us and we're off .....

Nice early goal for us, rather than the opposition would be very welcome, ease the jitters! I know it’s Sheffield Utd, but there can be strange results c at the business end of the season. Maybe need to up our goal difference, could be important at the end of the season. Come on Redmen we can do this!
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 759 posts | 128 
      Reply #71: Apr 04, 2024 05:53:07 pm
      Since their 6-0 drubbing by Arsenal, Sheff Utd have scored more league goals than Arsenal....
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,883 posts | 421 
      Reply #72: Apr 04, 2024 06:14:08 pm
      F**k it just get the win lads !!
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,555 posts | 1669 
      • YNWA
      Reply #73: Apr 04, 2024 06:16:02 pm
      No harm making a few changes, we beat Brighton, but was a nervous watch at times. Would be great to see the front lads get a few before the Utd game, get some goals in their boots. But won't be thinking about goal difference,  burnt doing that v CP under BR.

Quick Reply