Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Sheff Utd?

Caoimhin Kelleher
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Luis Diaz
      0 (0%)
      Dominik Szoboszlai
      0 (0%)
      Darwin Núñez
      0 (0%)
      Alexis Mac Allister
      63 (95.5%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      0 (0%)
      Mohamed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Ryan Gravenberch
      0 (0%)
      Conor Bradley
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      1 (1.5%)
      Cody Gakpo
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (3%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Voting closed: Apr 08, 2024 09:28:15 pm

Liverpool 3-1 Sheffield United: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 5487 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,673 posts | 6967 
      Re: Liverpool 3-1 Sheffield United: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #345: Apr 05, 2024 12:22:24 am
      Maybe 18 months ago I think you would have said Salah, Alisson, van Dijk were absolutely integral to this Liverpool team.

But I have to say from what I've been watching over the last few months and certainly tonight, we have a great group of players without them.

You have to hand it to Klopp, no matter what happens in the next 2 months.  He is leaving Liverpool in much greater shape than say Fergie left United.

It has been a weird two years following the reds - but any ambitious manager would surely be chomping at the bit to come and get involved with this group.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,034 posts | 200 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #346: Apr 05, 2024 12:53:25 am
      How depressing for you, did we do anything good?

We are sh*t and top of the league.

Mmmh. Think you’ve given me an idea for a new chant.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,400 posts | 6407 
      Reply #347: Apr 05, 2024 01:15:40 am
      Scoreline flattered SU. Glad they are going down some of the anti football bullshit they were playing at.

Mac Allister what a player. Boys almost look too comfortable when they need a goal in the last 15 minutes but I’ll be damned if they don’t usually get one. I think playing twice a week will actually help keep us sharp as long as we can keep everyone reasonably healthy.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,131 posts | 83 
      Reply #348: Apr 05, 2024 02:26:36 am

They could have led us 0-2 early. And Macca‘s goal was - to quote Jürgen - a „wondergoal“ you will most often not get. And we talk about a home game against PL‘s bottlejobs. This makes you only happy if you solely look at the result and points taken. We now had 2 consecutive bad games (ManU, SU). It‘s worrying.
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 777 posts | 131 
      Reply #349: Apr 05, 2024 05:39:14 am
      Will you's all stop answering/quoting the bot, please. It will die out of it's not fed...
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,718 posts | 3941 
      Reply #350: Apr 05, 2024 07:12:35 am
      I will concede that Cody can be a bit hit and miss although I've never had a pop, other than to say he looked a bit tame when he first arrived. But he can play across the line. Play in the hole, so very versatile. Plus he's in and out so that has to be considered.

Strong on the ball and can get up a head of steam. Chance wise he gets in good positions.Yes sometimes makes a mess of it but instinct wise he's a quality finisher.

Expectations have to managed, so judge him on what he can do rather than expecting him to do it every time.

I think he’s quality - 14 goals this season, that’s a great return and I have feeling he’ll get a few more!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,451 posts | 2846 
      Reply #351: Apr 05, 2024 08:42:32 am
      Scoreline flattered SU. Glad they are going down some of the anti football bullshit they were playing at.

It really didn't. We didn't create much at all until we made subs. The first goal was a gift and Sheffield United had a 2-3 good chances to score in the first half.

Think that was the worst we've played at Anfield for a long time but luckily we came across a very poor team who couldn't take advantage.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,034 posts | 200 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #352: Apr 05, 2024 09:15:48 am
      Stats read 29 shots, 9 on target with 13 corners and a record amount of possession yet the eye test will tell you we were pretty ponderous throughout large parts of the game so I can understand how anyone who just looked at the stats and didn't watch the game or maybe only tuned into the last 15-20 mins would say otherwise.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,853 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #353: Apr 05, 2024 09:38:52 am
      It was always going to be a hard game against Sheffield tonight, staring at relegation they have absolutely nothing to lose where as we need the win . Thought Virgil had a good game and our South American trio running their socks off .Mac was immense ,great holding play ,fabulous shot and so confident ,his game has improved this season without a doubt. Cody did well coming on ,physical ,scoring and trying hard to quieten the doubters ,for me he succeeded. Bringing Mo off brought a few gasps I imagine but saving top players when you can is essential ,full marks Jürgen .We go 2 points clear and need a win against Man U ,should be a great game !
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,966 posts | 5021 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #354: Apr 05, 2024 09:41:54 am
      Some positives besides the plain 3 pts. to calm down the crybabies here:

-ManU lost - and in another disastrous way - has virtually no chance anymore to make a CL spot. That could benefit us, they may implode.
      -Jones is a real deal, came back after forever and looked as if he was never gone.
      -Robbo looked not bad either.
      -TAA and Jota should be close, so we will have them for ~6 games remaining, giving us some depth even City might be jealous of.

It will be hard at Old Trafford - and yes I think we will bottle it - it will be their CL final of the season to deny us #20 but this is where the team can prove doubters like me wrong. I hope they do.

Mate, do us all a favour and just F**k OFF, you are the epitome of the doubters Jürgen spoke about nigh on 9years ago, yet you’re still f***in here, every f***in week you come with complete f***in twaddle, and more often than not always always always have a negative spin added to you’re inane drivel, if you have nothing positive to say, or nothing of note to say, just don’t say anything, everyone is entitled to a opinion but historically you’re opinions mean absolute F**k all, meaningless bullshit is all we get from you, you can’t even give yourself a name ffs,

We all talk bollocks from time to time myself included but you for me are just here on a wind up, and you’re not the only one either, it seems to me on these boards not all of us give the same level of support that our manager and players deserve, I’m old school and nobody particularly special but my idea of support is less diluted than most, even if we’re sh*te, and we were last night, I’ll still give %100, even if I don’t particularly like what I’m seeing, I’m off on a rant again but I’m just sick of all the negativity and f***in bullshit being said about some of our players,

Jürgen doesn’t think their sh*te, or useless tw*ts, these comments and others made me come out of the forum last night, jeez, it was bad enough listening to that f***in bimbo Lucy Ward without have to read similar sh*te on here !!!

Like I said fella, just F**k OFF !!!

The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,034 posts | 200 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #355: Apr 05, 2024 09:47:11 am
      I have no idea what's going on here but amen.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 842 posts | 302 
      Reply #356: Apr 05, 2024 09:48:48 am
      Will you's all stop answering/quoting the bot, please. It will die out of it's not fed...

I find it quite amusing when people continue to moan. We are top of league, only 2 loses in the league (1 due to some very dodgy Ref/VAR decisions) and with 2.33 points per game. For those of us who remember the relatively barren years of 90s and 00s this is a time to celebrate and enjoy. And some people can still grumble and moan and post misery.

Hopefully in a couple of years every player will play a perfect game every week. We will be winning the quad every season, going unbeaten in every competition, then they will be happy.  ;D
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,530 posts | 1517 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #357: Apr 05, 2024 09:52:22 am
      The business end of the season, the finish line in sight, and all that. Yes, I want us to play good football and slam everyone, but 1-0 is as good as 10-0 - as long as we keep picking up 3 points.

I thought we looked a little nervous in the second half, and that's to be expected, but we got the job done.

Macca is world class.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,314 posts | 769 
      Reply #358: Apr 05, 2024 10:12:42 am
      Brilliant goal from Macca to finally break Sheffield Utd's stubborn resistance, another three points in our quest for thr title.

Once again Macca turns in another man of the match performance.

dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,121 posts | 3370 
      Reply #359: Apr 05, 2024 10:47:31 am
      Chalk another off as once again we win at Anfield and in the process score three goals. Oh and we've guaranteed ourselves another season in Europe next year as both West Ham and Newcastle joined the ever growing list of who clubs who can't catch us this season - beat United on Sunday and they join the list as well.

The game itself, complete and utter control for the first half and if the Blades played like that against Arsenal or City then I'd be screaming from the rooftops that they'be just rolled over and not even bothered trying to get a result. Second half was a slight improvement from them but not much. But while I hate shitbag teams using shitbag tactics, even when I understand why they're doing it, I was so disappointed in us.

At one-nil we didn't look like we were really going for the throat to get the second. I couldn't give two fucks about goal difference because if we win our remaining games 1-0 and Arsenal win theirs 10-0 then we still win the League so I didn't want us to score hundreds for the goal difference factor, I wanted us to kill the game off so we didn't get the nervy 10-15 minutes that we did get by gifting them an equaliser. But we didn't. We played it like a pre-season friendly. It was slow, easy, even passive at times.

But once they got level, we stepped it up again. We weren't carving them open but there was a bit more energy to our play - subs helped in that regard as well. And then we get yet another screamer from Mac Allister. After two of the oddest goals you'll ever see in a football game, we got one of the best individual strikes you'll see. And that was topped off by a lovely team to kill the game.

And with just eight games to go, we're top.

Kelleher - massive save in the opening 30 seconds and he's made his fair share of them this season. Couple of crosses that he came and claimed as well, which always give everyone a huge amount of confidence that your keeper is a commanding b***ard. Couldn't fault him for the goal, just one of the freak ones. This was his ninth Premier League game of the season, eight wins and a draw with City. Some F***ing record that.

Bradley - another impressive display from him, even with an own goal to his name. He just doesn't stop running. Up and down the wing all game. And looks as good a defender as he does an attacker. This was his eighth Premier League game of the season, seven wins and a draw with City. Some F***ing record that.

Konate - good to see the big f**ker back. And as per usual he was a beast. Feared he was gonna be out again after that challenge in the second half but thankfully it looks alright. Him and Virg at the back for the last eight games and it makes me even more confident that we're getting our hands on another League Title.

Van Dijk - one of those performances where you think why the F**k do the opposition even bother turning up. One ball in the first half where he just looked like he was strolling and still beat Brereton to the ball by a good week or two. His form this season has been a huge reason why we are where we are.

Gomez - was allowed to play almost exclusively in midfield yesterday such was the lack of attacking intent from Sheff Utd. And Joey took full advantage of that. He was quality yesterday. Didn't grab the headlines but a couple of times where he was winning the ball back high up and getting us back on the front foot. Had his token shot as well that never really threatened the goal.

Szoboszlai - it was almost a Harvey Elliott performance from him, plenty of huff and puff but very little in terms of output. I suspect he does but it'd be interesting to see if he gets into our best XI when everybody is fit given the levels Mac and Endo have been hitting recently and the form Jones has showed on the left side of the three.

Mac Allister - back as the deepest of the three midfielder but still man of the match. Didn't hurt the Blades in the first half, like most of the team he was playing it too easy because they allowed us to. But second half, he stepped up his game and that in turn stepped up the team's game. Lovely strike for the goal, similar to Stevie's iconic Olympiakos one. Almost had another with the free kick. Didn't understand the commentators saying he doesn't do much out of possession when since Christmas he's been as good at breaking the play up as anybody in the League who isn't called Endo. He's very much an traditional central midfielder who can do every part of the game.

Gravenberch - first game back after a lengthy lay-off and it showed. And I've sang this lad's praises more than most this season but it's becoming difficult to do it any more. I feel he's in the same bracket as his Dutch mate Gakpo in that he knows he isn't going to start when everybody is fit so he's trying too hard to impress.

Salah - he started the game really brightly, couple of chances, good link up play and looked like he wanted to fill his boots. As the game wore on though, he became less and less involved. And in fact ended up playing more of the right back role while Bradley went on ahead of him. But his reaction to Mac's goal summed up Mo. He's not the me, me, me type player - he's team first. And with United up next, he's bound to score because he so often does against them.

Nunez - a freak goal to break the deadlock, it wasn't even great closing down really - it was just shockingly bad from their keeper. But similar to Mane scoring against City a couple of years ago, if Darwin isn't there to make that block then the keeper doesn't make that mistake so credit to our number 9. Could have had another couple if his heading was on point. And as always ran hard for the team. Also his reaction to Mac's goal just shows that this group of players are right up for this title charge.

Diaz - a typical performance from Lucho where he was always trying to make things happen. The fact he can cut inside or beat the full back on the outside for pace must make him a nightmare to play against. Didn't really make much happen last night but was trying all game. The combination play with Gakpo that almost led to him getting in was lovely.

Robertson - what a ball for Gakpo's goal. I mean that was Robbo of old. Out his feet, whipping it in and landing right on the forwards head. F***ing boss. I've said it plenty of times in recent weeks but having leaders like him back can only help us as we go for the League. Somebody who's been there and done it.

Elliott - happy birthday lad and what a way to celebrate it. As is so often the case nowadays, he's a difference maker from the bench. His energy just lifted the team, as did Robertson to be fair. Was mystified why Salah was coming off and not Szoboszlai as Elliott never really impresses as a right winger but that's why I'm fat b***ard managing the club from me couch and Jürgen Klopp is managing us from the dugout. If it wasn't for Mac, I reckon Harvey would be close to being man of the match.

Jones - good to see him back, it's another option for us and another body out of the treatment room. He seemed to give us a bit of composure when he came on. Was always happy to take the ball and get us going forward. Could have a huge role to play in the final push as he looks the most comfortable of our midfielders on the left side. And also seems willing to fill in at left back when whoever is playing there is going gung-ho down the flank.

Gakpo - belting finish and one he so desperately needed. It's no secret that he hasn't been having a great run of games of recently so that goal would of done him the world of good. And like everybody else, he'll have a role to play in these final eight games so if he can find his goalscoring touch all the better for us. I thought he general he did well, playing more as a ten than an out and out forward. Might be a possibility for him moving forward when the new manager arrives.

Overall, a very easy game that we still somehow have to make a little nervy for ourselves. But if truth be told even when they scored I always felt we'd win. The lack of umph to kill the game off in the first half was a little disappointing but if we can reserve energy at this stage of the season then I suppose we've gotta take that opportunity. We don't wanna burn ourselves out too early.

Those cu*ts on Sunday where we can put right the wrongs of the FA Cup tie. And give them another F***ing humiliating defeat. The other two will have played before us again so we'll know just how far clear of them we'll be with a win against United.

But regardless of what the other two do, our equation couldn't be simpler - win our games and we win the League. F**k worrying about the others and what could or couldn't happen. If we do our job then we win the League.

I've said it plenty of times this season, keep doing what we're doing and we'll have plenty to celebrate when the season is over.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,363 posts | 1414 
      Reply #360: Apr 05, 2024 11:35:56 am
      Don't think it was Gomez at his best. He misplaced one or two and made a clumsy naive challenge which was easily sidestepped and led to the cross and the OG by Bradley. He's been great all season so can't in all fairness knock him too much.

Think Robbo comes in V United.
      Don77

• 6,614 posts | 1109 
      Reply #361: Apr 05, 2024 11:44:31 am
      How depressing for you, did we do anything good?

We are sh*t and top of the league.

The fcuk are you on about.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,407 posts | 797 
      Reply #362: Apr 05, 2024 11:50:06 am
      There were a few on here earlier in the week advocating us putting a few kids in the line up due to Sheff U. being anchored to the bottom of the league. I didn't agree with that then, and I don't agree with it now as the game was never likely to be the mauling some had anticipated.
      Of course there's an argument that a team with a few more kids in it might have prompted SU to be a little more expansive, leaving us a bit more space to exploit.....anyway all under the bridge now as we found a way and that's all that matters.

That handball of Odegaard at Anfield....Still giving me nightmares how that was interpreted as accidental.
      Millsy75
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts | 49 
      Reply #363: Apr 05, 2024 11:54:44 am
      Chalk another off as once again we win at Anfield and in the process score three goals. Oh and we've guaranteed ourselves another season in Europe next year as both West Ham and Newcastle joined the ever growing list of who clubs who can't catch us this season - beat United on Sunday and they join the list as well.

The game itself, complete and utter control for the first half and if the Blades played like that against Arsenal or City then I'd be screaming from the rooftops that they'be just rolled over and not even bothered trying to get a result. Second half was a slight improvement from them but not much. But while I hate shitbag teams using shitbag tactics, even when I understand why they're doing it, I was so disappointed in us.

At one-nil we didn't look like we were really going for the throat to get the second. I couldn't give two fucks about goal difference because if we win our remaining games 1-0 and Arsenal win theirs 10-0 then we still win the League so I didn't want us to score hundreds for the goal difference factor, I wanted us to kill the game off so we didn't get the nervy 10-15 minutes that we did get by gifting them an equaliser. But we didn't. We played it like a pre-season friendly. It was slow, easy, even passive at times.

But once they got level, we stepped it up again. We weren't carving them open but there was a bit more energy to our play - subs helped in that regard as well. And then we get yet another screamer from Mac Allister. After two of the oddest goals you'll ever see in a football game, we got one of the best individual strikes you'll see. And that was topped off by a lovely team to kill the game.

And with just eight games to go, we're top.

Kelleher - massive save in the opening 30 seconds and he's made his fair share of them this season. Couple of crosses that he came and claimed as well, which always give everyone a huge amount of confidence that your keeper is a commanding b***ard. Couldn't fault him for the goal, just one of the freak ones. This was his ninth Premier League game of the season, eight wins and a draw with City. Some F***ing record that.

Bradley - another impressive display from him, even with an own goal to his name. He just doesn't stop running. Up and down the wing all game. And looks as good a defender as he does an attacker. This was his eighth Premier League game of the season, seven wins and a draw with City. Some F***ing record that.

Konate - good to see the big f**ker back. And as per usual he was a beast. Feared he was gonna be out again after that challenge in the second half but thankfully it looks alright. Him and Virg at the back for the last eight games and it makes me even more confident that we're getting our hands on another League Title.

Van Dijk - one of those performances where you think why the F**k do the opposition even bother turning up. One ball in the first half where he just looked like he was strolling and still beat Brereton to the ball by a good week or two. His form this season has been a huge reason why we are where we are.

Gomez - was allowed to play almost exclusively in midfield yesterday such was the lack of attacking intent from Sheff Utd. And Joey took full advantage of that. He was quality yesterday. Didn't grab the headlines but a couple of times where he was winning the ball back high up and getting us back on the front foot. Had his token shot as well that never really threatened the goal.

Szoboszlai - it was almost a Harvey Elliott performance from him, plenty of huff and puff but very little in terms of output. I suspect he does but it'd be interesting to see if he gets into our best XI when everybody is fit given the levels Mac and Endo have been hitting recently and the form Jones has showed on the left side of the three.

Mac Allister - back as the deepest of the three midfielder but still man of the match. Didn't hurt the Blades in the first half, like most of the team he was playing it too easy because they allowed us to. But second half, he stepped up his game and that in turn stepped up the team's game. Lovely strike for the goal, similar to Stevie's iconic Olympiakos one. Almost had another with the free kick. Didn't understand the commentators saying he doesn't do much out of possession when since Christmas he's been as good at breaking the play up as anybody in the League who isn't called Endo. He's very much an traditional central midfielder who can do every part of the game.

Gravenberch - first game back after a lengthy lay-off and it showed. And I've sang this lad's praises more than most this season but it's becoming difficult to do it any more. I feel he's in the same bracket as his Dutch mate Gakpo in that he knows he isn't going to start when everybody is fit so he's trying too hard to impress.

Salah - he started the game really brightly, couple of chances, good link up play and looked like he wanted to fill his boots. As the game wore on though, he became less and less involved. And in fact ended up playing more of the right back role while Bradley went on ahead of him. But his reaction to Mac's goal summed up Mo. He's not the me, me, me type player - he's team first. And with United up next, he's bound to score because he so often does against them.

Nunez - a freak goal to break the deadlock, it wasn't even great closing down really - it was just shockingly bad from their keeper. But similar to Mane scoring against City a couple of years ago, if Darwin isn't there to make that block then the keeper doesn't make that mistake so credit to our number 9. Could have had another couple if his heading was on point. And as always ran hard for the team. Also his reaction to Mac's goal just shows that this group of players are right up for this title charge.

Diaz - a typical performance from Lucho where he was always trying to make things happen. The fact he can cut inside or beat the full back on the outside for pace must make him a nightmare to play against. Didn't really make much happen last night but was trying all game. The combination play with Gakpo that almost led to him getting in was lovely.

Robertson - what a ball for Gakpo's goal. I mean that was Robbo of old. Out his feet, whipping it in and landing right on the forwards head. F***ing boss. I've said it plenty of times in recent weeks but having leaders like him back can only help us as we go for the League. Somebody who's been there and done it.

Elliott - happy birthday lad and what a way to celebrate it. As is so often the case nowadays, he's a difference maker from the bench. His energy just lifted the team, as did Robertson to be fair. Was mystified why Salah was coming off and not Szoboszlai as Elliott never really impresses as a right winger but that's why I'm fat b***ard managing the club from me couch and Jürgen Klopp is managing us from the dugout. If it wasn't for Mac, I reckon Harvey would be close to being man of the match.

Jones - good to see him back, it's another option for us and another body out of the treatment room. He seemed to give us a bit of composure when he came on. Was always happy to take the ball and get us going forward. Could have a huge role to play in the final push as he looks the most comfortable of our midfielders on the left side. And also seems willing to fill in at left back when whoever is playing there is going gung-ho down the flank.

Gakpo - belting finish and one he so desperately needed. It's no secret that he hasn't been having a great run of games of recently so that goal would of done him the world of good. And like everybody else, he'll have a role to play in these final eight games so if he can find his goalscoring touch all the better for us. I thought he general he did well, playing more as a ten than an out and out forward. Might be a possibility for him moving forward when the new manager arrives.

Overall, a very easy game that we still somehow have to make a little nervy for ourselves. But if truth be told even when they scored I always felt we'd win. The lack of umph to kill the game off in the first half was a little disappointing but if we can reserve energy at this stage of the season then I suppose we've gotta take that opportunity. We don't wanna burn ourselves out too early.

Those cu*ts on Sunday where we can put right the wrongs of the FA Cup tie. And give them another F***ing humiliating defeat. The other two will have played before us again so we'll know just how far clear of them we'll be with a win against United.

But regardless of what the other two do, our equation couldn't be simpler - win our games and we win the League. F**k worrying about the others and what could or couldn't happen. If we do our job then we win the League.

I've said it plenty of times this season, keep doing what we're doing and we'll have plenty to celebrate when the season is over.
      we watched it pal🤣🤣
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 842 posts | 302 
      Reply #364: Apr 05, 2024 12:47:39 pm

What am I on about? Your post was full of doom and gloom. Basically, "I've been to the game, we were crap, slow, lucky  to win but Elliot was ok and Robbo was good".

Maybe I'm jealous because me and many 1000s of other people don't get to Anfield but I find your attitude to be arrogant and entitled. The team is top of the league, unbeaten at home in a very long time and much more successful this season than anyone could reasonably have expected. But your attitude is constantly negative.
      I think you need to chill a bit and enjoy the ride.
      Don77

• 6,614 posts | 1109 
      Reply #365: Apr 05, 2024 12:56:45 pm
      What am I on about? Your post was full of doom and gloom. Basically, "I've been to the game, we were crap, slow, lucky  to win but Elliot was ok and Robbo was good".

Maybe I'm jealous because me and many 1000s of other people don't get to Anfield but I find your attitude to be arrogant and entitled. The team is top of the league, unbeaten at home in a very long time and much more successful this season than anyone could reasonably have expected. But your attitude is constantly negative.
      I think you need to chill a bit and enjoy the ride.

Go away lad. Youve not got a clue.

Doom and gloom. I stated it was a poor performance. Because it was. We were casual, complacent and lacked drive and intensity. If we play like that sunday, we are getting beat.

Negative, yeah whatever lad. I just call it as i see it and i doubt many with disagree with how i saw it last night.

Elliott did play well and Robbo the same when he came on. Again, i call it as i see it. And i think i was pretty accurate.

Arrogant 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. Funny. Don't judge me lad. You don't know me. Youre the negative one. Not me. Picking apart an honest assessment of a match and putting in a silly negative response. Grow up.

Oh and please highlight the part of my post that said we were s*it crap and lucky please. Thankyou.
      « Last Edit: Apr 05, 2024 01:18:01 pm by Don77 »
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,034 posts | 200 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #366: Apr 05, 2024 01:45:48 pm
      Lads lads lads.....come on now, no need for any of this bickering.

Back top of the league and with one of the biggest games in our season round the corner to look forward too, we should all be partying, plenty of alcohol and giving each other blowjobs.
      Don77

• 6,614 posts | 1109 
      Reply #367: Apr 05, 2024 02:04:05 pm
      Lads lads lads.....come on now, no need for any of this bickering.

Back top of the league and with one of the biggest games in our season round the corner to look forward too, we should all be partying, plenty of alcohol and giving each other blowjobs.

No bickering here. But im not having childish responses to an honest assessment of a match and being called arrogant and entitled over an honest assessment of a match ive just been to and watched. My dad who is 75 must be arrogant and entitled too because he saw it the same way.

Debate is fine. Tactics, subs, starting xi ... agree/disagree whatever. But this is a forum for grown ups.

Geez there were some knee jerk comments in that match thread last night. People getting called allsorts and some slagged off before they'd even come on as sub.

I never look forward to the everton/united games. Glad when theyre over. Need to put them in their place after the cup game. But we will have to play much better than last night and put in a more complete performance to take the 3 points. Thats not being negative. Thats being realistic.

Quick Reply