Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Man U?

Caoimhin Kelleher
      2 (3%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      5 (7.6%)
      Jarell Quansah
      1 (1.5%)
      Conor Bradley
      2 (3%)
      Andy Robertson
      7 (10.6%)
      Alexis Mac Allister
      31 (47%)
      Wataru Endo
      0 (0%)
      Dominik Szoboszlai
      0 (0%)
      Luis Diaz
      11 (16.7%)
      Darwin NĂșñez
      0 (0%)
      Mohamed Salah
      1 (1.5%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Cody Gakpo
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      6 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Voting closed: Apr 11, 2024 05:26:34 pm

Manchester United 2-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 15056 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,265 posts | 3503 
      Re: Manchester United 2-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #690: Apr 07, 2024 07:44:10 pm
      Sorry H it's not about another day...it's about today...Winners find a way. Nothing wrong with how the side was balanced or anything else...It was all down to missing "easy" chances....again.

“Find a way” - interesting as we have found a way this season to get points from losing situations more than any other team in the league
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,265 posts | 1230 
      Reply #691: Apr 07, 2024 07:46:50 pm
      Gutted we didn't learn from the cup game but I think the pen to salvage a point is significant. Psychologically a defeat would have been much harder to come back from. As it is we are level on points with Arsenal so it's all to play for. But we desperately, desperately need to start finishing teams off when the chances present themselves. Maybe only Jota can change that.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,499 posts | 826 
      Reply #692: Apr 07, 2024 07:46:54 pm
      The forwards were always going to get the blame (again) today. They don't escape criticism from this fan base unless they've outscored the opposition as demonstrated by them picking up all the stick when we lost 4-3. FOUR THREE.

Defence always seem to get a free ride and I'm not too sure why.
      First United goal was an error you wouldn't normally see from a Liverpool player, but he's a young boy. The second was a sweet strike.
      The Forwards getting hammered today, not because they missed chances....but because they missed LOADS of EASY chances.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #693: Apr 07, 2024 07:50:56 pm
      True...They scored with their first shot. Can't go too hard on Quansah he's a boy in a Lions den....Soon as he turned back the whole thing was like slow motion...you could see what he was about to do.

Yeah ive no issue with Quansah. I like him. Young lad and things happen.

My issue is sadly with JĂŒrgen. Like everyone else i love him ... cant imagine life without him. But konate should have been out there today. Or Joey. This isnt fun and games. This is serious stuff now with a few games left and to play konate thursday and have him on the bench today with Gomez was a big mistake. And one i just dont understand.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,499 posts | 826 
      Reply #694: Apr 07, 2024 07:51:47 pm
      “Find a way” - interesting as we have found a way this season to get points from losing situations more than any other team in the league
      This is weird...The past is gone... those games are gone ...history. With the amount of chances...We Have to win that game Today. Do you think Man City say we've scored loads of goals ...let's have a day off?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,265 posts | 3503 
      Reply #695: Apr 07, 2024 07:56:27 pm
      This is weird...The past is gone... those games are gone ...history. With the amount of chances...We Have to win that game Today. Do you think Man City say we've scored loads of goals ...let's have a day off?

🤦‍♂

City have lost more than we have this season , dropped more points , scored less goals

Sometimes it just doesn’t happen ,  but it’s not time to throw in the towel - we didn’t lose and we move on
      Harrisimo

• 8,443 posts | 1441 
      Reply #696: Apr 07, 2024 08:03:33 pm
      🤦‍♂

City have lost more than we have this season , dropped more points , scored less goals

Sometimes it just doesn’t happen ,  but it’s not time to throw in the towel - we didn’t lose and we move on

And once we've done whinging, that's what we'll all do. Regardless of the title result,this season will have a special place as it's our last with his Lordship.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 392 
      Reply #697: Apr 07, 2024 08:03:54 pm
      Scottbot

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #698: Apr 07, 2024 08:03:59 pm
      It’s a struggle to have played this lot twice in the league this season, dominated both games but only come away with two points. I’m sure a lot of us had that sinking feeling at half time only being a goal up despite being so dominant.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,205 posts | 240 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #699: Apr 07, 2024 08:05:30 pm
      You can win 37 games straight in the league then lose the last and you'll still have a section of fans blurting out usual nonsence how the performance was sh*t and that XYZ aren't good enough to play for the club.

We've had a better season in the league so far than City, I wonder if their players receive the same amount of stick from their fans as a result.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,333 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #700: Apr 07, 2024 08:08:44 pm
      They'll win the FA cup and The Champions league.

I’ll take that if Arsenal win the league.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,363 posts | 290 
      Reply #701: Apr 07, 2024 08:13:31 pm
      I'm flat as a witches tit tonight.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,131 posts | 83 
      Reply #702: Apr 07, 2024 08:17:56 pm
      Just checked xG: ManU 0.81 Liv 4.43, i.e. the game should have ended 1-4 for us. No sorry, Klopp did everything right, even with his high line if he created such a gap. This is just football. But I hope we will still get a game where we spank our opponent to win 5-0 to close the gap to Arsenal in this category too. I know one cannot plan it, but just go pedal to the metal from now on, esp. prioritizing PL over EL.

p.s. Didnt see large chunks of the game but in the ones I did see Salah was poor, lots of bad passes. Overall evaluation of him? He seems not „our“ Salah recently.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,333 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #703: Apr 07, 2024 08:20:15 pm
      Just checked xG: ManU 0.81 Liv 4.43, i.e. the game should have ended 1-4 for us. No sorry, Klopp did everything right, even with his high line if he created such a gap. This is just football. But I hope we will still get a game where we spank our opponent to win 5-0 to close the gap to Arsenal in this category too. I know one cannot plan it, but just go pedal to the metal from now on, esp. prioritizing PL over EL.

p.s. Didnt see large chunks of the game but in the ones I did see Salah was poor, lots of bad passes. Overall evaluation of him? He seems not „our“ Salah recently.

United v Liverpool games are the biggest in our respective league, how can you not watch this from start to finish?
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 855 posts | 306 
      Reply #704: Apr 07, 2024 08:23:45 pm
      Disappointing result after dominating them for almost 90 mins. Got to move on and focus on the next game.

I thought all the players were good, obviously a lot of frustration due to missed chances but they kept working and deserved a  lot more than we got out of the game. sh*t happens, we need to be more clinical but I think we still have a very good chance of winning the league.
      We are in a much better position than I expected us to be in about 7 months ago.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,499 posts | 826 
      Reply #705: Apr 07, 2024 08:32:41 pm
      You can win 37 games straight in the league then lose the last and you'll still have a section of fans blurting out usual nonsence how the performance was sh*t and that XYZ aren't good enough to play for the club.

We've had a better season in the league so far than City, I wonder if their players receive the same amount of stick from their fans as a result.
      I haven't read anyone on here tonight saying the performance was Sh*t...All the forwards missed sitters (at this level)...That's where the frustration comes from...it's not nonsense ...It's anguish....Sadness actually.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,732 posts | 3742 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #706: Apr 07, 2024 08:42:26 pm
      We are still there guys, we have to believe and score lots of goals

Come on Reds.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,205 posts | 240 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #707: Apr 07, 2024 08:48:36 pm
      I haven't read anyone on here tonight saying the performance was Sh*t...All the forwards missed sitters (at this level)...That's where the frustration comes from...it's not nonsense ...It's anguish....Sadness actually.

This just isn't in response from tonight, it's an overview of the season so far.

But yes the forwards were painfully bad in the final third today, and other occasions too but it's the same forwards that are why we're deep into the season with everything still to play. The same forwards that have scored the goals which have this club sitting on more goals than anyone else in Europe.

Every game is scrutinized to the max given how tight this title race is, every little situation someone is guilty of not finishing off will have the broken wine bottle at their neck.

We just have to keep going and get behind all the lads....win as many games as we can and see how we finish, now isn't the time to slag off Diaz or Salah or Dom or Quansah or whoever.

The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,205 posts | 240 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #708: Apr 07, 2024 08:54:00 pm
      Let's not forget we've had to battle against the odds all season.

Refereeing decisions going against us consistently, big players going injured and being unavailable at crucial moments.......we came through it all so far.

This point would've been a fantastic one for us had the Diaz goal stood and VAR not given Jones/Jota reds for nothing....and we'd have been given a clear pen against Arsenal. This point could've been the 1 to help us go 5 points clear of Arsenal....instead we're having a very different conversation & it's because of results that have gone against us earlier in the season through no fault of our own.

Diaz shouldn't be getting ALL the stick he has this season, he has more goals than Doku or Grealish, more goals than Martinelli or Trossard and none of these guys other than Doku has more assists yet somehow he finds himself with fans on his back saying he should be sold......for who??? Only Son has a better output than him of all left wingers in the league.
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #709: Apr 07, 2024 09:03:08 pm
      Let's not forget we've had to battle against the odds all season.

Refereeing decisions going against us consistently, big players going injured and being unavailable at crucial moments.......we came through it all so far.

This point would've been a fantastic one for us had the Diaz goal stood and VAR not given Jones/Jota reds for nothing....and we'd have been given a clear pen against Arsenal. This point could've been the 1 to help us go 5 points clear of Arsenal....instead we're having a very different conversation & it's because of results that have gone against us earlier in the season through no fault of our own.

Diaz shouldn't be getting ALL the stick he has this season, he has more goals than Doku or Grealish, more goals than Martinelli or Trossard and none of these guys other than Doku has more assists yet somehow he finds himself with fans on his back saying he should be sold......for who??? Only Son has a better output than him of all left wingers in the league.

How many big games has Diaz won us ... been the match winner ... any game not just big games. Same with Nunez? How many big games has he delivered the big goal?

Yeah decisions have gone against us. But we threw 2 points away today, couldnt beat their battered injury ravaged team at home, couldnt beat luton town and chucked away 2 points at brighton after missing chances to win that game.

Too many draws again. We lost 2 titles due to too many draws. Weve lost less than the other 2 ... yet too many draws.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,133 posts | 127 
      Reply #710: Apr 07, 2024 09:03:24 pm
      The most dissapointing thing is that we had that many chances but did not even hit the target even from 6 yards out. WTF
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #711: Apr 07, 2024 09:05:06 pm
      The most dissapointing thing is that we had that many chances but did not even hit the target even from 6 yards out. WTF

Nunez couldnt hit the target from 1 yard at luton. Another 2 points thrown away.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,300 posts | 943 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #712: Apr 07, 2024 09:14:26 pm
      Nunez couldnt hit the target from 1 yard at luton. Another 2 points thrown away.

Salah wasn’t much better today

Quick Reply