Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 8th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W12 D4 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Fulham?

Alisson Becker
      1 (1.9%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      2 (3.8%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      12 (23.1%)
      Andy Robertson
      3 (5.8%)
      Jarell Quansah
      0 (0%)
      Wataru Endo
      5 (9.6%)
      Ryan Gravenberch
      4 (7.7%)
      Harvey Elliott
      3 (5.8%)
      Luis Diaz
      0 (0%)
      Cody Gakpo
      20 (38.5%)
      Diogo Jota
      2 (3.8%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Darwin Núñez
      0 (0%)
      Alexis Mac Allister
      0 (0%)
      Dominik Szoboszlai
      0 (0%)
      Mohamed Salah
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Voting closed: Apr 25, 2024 06:27:40 pm

Fulham 1-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 2552 times
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,926 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Re: Fulham 1-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #322: Apr 21, 2024 06:31:26 pm
      Tough call between Elliot and Gakpo for MoTm but went for Gakpo

Good to see a few players stand up and be counted and shove a few words back down some throats

You saw a different game, very happy we won but by no means were Elliot or Gakpo shoving words down anyone's throat. Harvey was industrious as ever but was poor on the ball, Gakpo only is interested in cutting in and shooting, after his umpteenth shot he passed for the Jota goal.

Great result, not so great a performance.

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,563 posts | 1670 
      • YNWA
      Reply #323: Apr 21, 2024 06:35:04 pm
      Needed to win to stay in with any chance, and in fairness to the players, they got it done.
      Fulham were poor enough, and we controlled the game for the most part, but needed to get the goals, and did this time.
      Gave Cody MOTM, made good decisions, used it well, tried to take guys on and showed good energy.
      TAA bit of quality for the goal, some nice passing, but went missing in defense a few times.
      Endo did better 2nd half, Elliot did well, Jota bit rusty but took his goal well and nice convert from Grav.
      Subs wise, thought Nunez was awful, Mo looks shadow of himself, and Szobo and Mac both still look tired.
      Same starter or thereabouts for next one. Certainly don't think Nunez or Salah should be in first XI.

We're still hanging in with an outside chance.
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 563 posts | 114 
      Reply #324: Apr 21, 2024 06:35:43 pm
      Good 3 points but far too much sloppiness on show. I worry that some of our players do not have football brains.
      Millsy75
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 311 posts | 47 
      Reply #325: Apr 21, 2024 06:36:33 pm
      You saw a different game, very happy we won but by no means were Elliot or Gakpo shoving words down anyone's throat. Harvey was industrious as ever but was poor on the ball, Gakpo only is interested in cutting in and shooting, after his umpteenth shot he passed for the Jota goal.

trent all day,without the freekick,it becomes like all games gone by ,goals set you off in games
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,136 posts | 3464 
      Reply #326: Apr 21, 2024 06:37:34 pm

😂😂😂
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,563 posts | 1670 
      • YNWA
      Reply #327: Apr 21, 2024 06:40:56 pm

Dunno, thought Elliot, Gapko and Trent probably our main players today.   VVD and Ali solid as always.  Don't think looking at the subs cameos would inspire much confidence.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,412 posts | 2835 
      Reply #328: Apr 21, 2024 06:42:13 pm
      Three points and move on. Still in the race and that’s all that matters.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,317 posts | 1405 
      Reply #329: Apr 21, 2024 06:44:50 pm
      Good to see Trent back in the swing of things. Still a bit iffy with the 50/50 challengers but his all round play was top and what a strike.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,136 posts | 3464 
      Reply #330: Apr 21, 2024 06:45:17 pm
      Dunno, thought Elliot, Gapko and Trent probably our main players today.   VVD and Ali solid as always.  Don't think looking at the subs cameos would inspire much confidence.

We have played poorly for a couple of weeks and made a lot of changes , it was never going to be smooth but the players did well in that game and controlled it for the majority of the 90 mins

The players were written off before a ball was kicked - especially the midfield but they stood up and got stuck in for the team
      RedBelle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 818 posts | 135 
      Reply #331: Apr 21, 2024 06:47:08 pm
      Would leave front 3 same for the start on Wednesday.  Love Darwin but he really has got a finishing problem. Love Mo too but he just isn't the same player lately tho he can conjure up something from nothing!
      Macca in for me tho haven't a clue who you leave out!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,136 posts | 3464 
      Reply #332: Apr 21, 2024 06:51:09 pm
      Would leave front 3 same for the start on Wednesday.  Love Darwin but he really has got a finishing problem. Love Mo too but he just isn't the same player lately tho he can conjure up something from nothing!
      Macca in for me tho haven't a clue who you leave out!

Think Gary mac will come in for Grav , Jones for Elliot and Mo will come in
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 995 posts | 69 
      Reply #333: Apr 21, 2024 06:52:04 pm
      I thought Andy Robertson was different class today . Superb driving forward with confidence and that seemed to rub off on other players .
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,563 posts | 1670 
      • YNWA
      Reply #334: Apr 21, 2024 06:54:27 pm
      We have played poorly for a couple of weeks and made a lot of changes , it was never going to be smooth but the players did well in that game and controlled it for the majority of the 90 mins

The players were written off before a ball was kicked - especially the midfield but they stood up and got stuck in for the team

Yep, Jürgen took a chance, we've looked incredibly tired in recent games, and the players chosen repaid him.
      Can only imagine what it would have been like if we'd lost. But we got the 3 points.
      In fairness thought Fulham were probably the poorest side we've played in a while, but imho we passed it better and had better energy, and you need to convert chances no matter who you are playing, and we did that today.
      Harrisimo

• 8,317 posts | 1405 
      Reply #335: Apr 21, 2024 06:54:35 pm
      Much needed win and a great confidence booster for Gravenberch. Go to the derby with confidence renewed all round. Our press had more energy but just dropped off slightly in last 15 of first half but controlled the second half.
      Harrisimo

• 8,317 posts | 1405 
      Reply #336: Apr 21, 2024 06:56:45 pm
      I thought Andy Robertson was different class today . Superb driving forward with confidence and that seemed to rub off on other players .

Yeah, apart from playing the man on the cross that led to their goal he was in top gear.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,306 posts | 2847 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #337: Apr 21, 2024 07:03:27 pm
      I adore Jota

Delighted for Gravenberch

Delighted for Klopp

Were still on for ir.....im sure Arsenal will drop 2 or more points......city less likely but thete will always be twists so we need to keep at it, go again at Goodison Wednesday
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,136 posts | 3464 
      Reply #338: Apr 21, 2024 07:17:11 pm
      Like a ghost town when we win 😂
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,051 posts | 342 
      Reply #339: Apr 21, 2024 07:18:38 pm
      Wow how good did that feel af full time?
      Robbo and Cody tied for man of match for me, but Trent keeps us going forward and adds a dimension that’s been missing plus it was a great free kick. So good to have him back with Diogo and Ali. Endo I thiught played well barring a misplaced pass or two but all were guilty of that.
      If we can cut out the careless passages of play like the ten mins before half time and take better decisions in the opposition box we might just have a shout.

Well done travelling Kop - never stopped singing!

YNWA
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,375 posts | 783 
      Reply #340: Apr 21, 2024 07:19:54 pm
      Today was all about the 3 points....We were a bit aimless and lethargic going forward, hardly surprising for a team so out of sorts..but we persevered and did enough to get the all important win. Still not firing on all cylinders but we're joint top and that, and that alone is all that matters tonight. Onwards
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,359 posts | 6399 
      Reply #341: Apr 21, 2024 07:27:54 pm
      Just finished watching on delay, mostly glad for the 3 points, didn’t think we played particularly well but an away win especially after losing a lead is still a good win. Trent’s free kick was something else, my motm was Endo, thought he held things together well and played much better than his last outing. Did a lot of dirty week to keep things rolling.

Chelsea beat Arsenal, we beat Everton and City lose one of their games in hand and we will be right back to controlling our title destiny. Much stranger things have happened.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,037 posts | 537 
      Reply #342: Apr 21, 2024 07:54:20 pm
      Huge win, had to get it or season would have been over.

Performance was so-so but we deserved to win. Fulham offered very little threat it has to be said.

Gakpo MOTM for me. Think that is the 3rd game in a row he has been. We've not been great in those games but he's been good. Glad to see Grav get a confidence boosting goal with a great finish. Also great goal from Trent, although the 2 times he just let his man run behind him to the bye line off a throw in still did my head in. He was good going forward though.

Robbo was poor first half but good second. Thought Harvey was rubbish, every pass was backwards, it was like his contract forbids him to turn and play up the field. Even when he received it facing up the field he turned back practically every time.

Endo had a good second half. Virg n Ali good all game. Remainder just ok.

Wasn't too taxing a game and 4 or 5 guys got rested so hopefully we have enough in tank for the cloggers in blue. Win that and a 4 point lead over City will make those claims that the league is over look a bit premature.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,507 posts | 222 
      Reply #343: Apr 21, 2024 07:56:49 pm
      Positive is next game

We can bring in a lot of fresh players hopefully

Trent has to play for his passing ability

Hope the front 3 is jota, Salah and gapko

Gapko for me has played himself as a starter, he’s not been good but decent which is much better than Salah, Nunez and Diaz. I would also keep Salah in as class is permanent

Mac comes on fresh but not sure about szob, 3 games in a row I have seen where he has passed square to the other team….

Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,201 posts | 1100 
      Reply #344: Apr 21, 2024 08:01:04 pm
      Do not give a F what we look like, as long as we get 3 points. But people are acting like we looked terrible today. I didn't see that. We drove forward with purpose and had some nice link up play. I was more than happy to score 3 away from home, especially in a place that we haven't won at for sometime.

Gakpo getting some meh post on here. I don't get it, but that's just me. I thought he looked good with his link up play. Was very purposeful on D. Nice hold up play to earn free kicks. Good winning of a 50/50 ball abd getting it to Slota. He does seem to get the ball stuck in his feet while on the break, and caught between two minds from distance. But all in all he was solid. Like him on the wing much much more.

One or two more twist in this run for the top 3. Games coming quick and fast and we all look tired. 15 more points gives us a real shot at making this season amazing

Quick Reply