Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

Pre-Match: Everton v Liverpool - Wed 24 Apr 2024 8pm

Read 1260 times
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,835 posts | 476 
      Re: Pre-Match: Everton v Liverpool - Wed 24 Apr 2024 8pm
      Reply #23: Apr 23, 2024 04:12:44 pm
      Horrible mood with hearing on Jota’s latest injury.

I hate Everton, I hate that there is always 3 teams worse then them when they are so close to going down.

Wednesday is their cup final, we have to be ready for a fight.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,400 posts | 6407 
      Reply #24: Apr 23, 2024 05:05:06 pm
      Anyone else getting to the point where they feel more comfortable with Quansah in the back as opposed to Konate? Maybe it was his too bad games in Europa but he just seems he's always an inch away from a bad mistake. Quansah seems to be a little less prone to flirting with disaster. Maybe it's just me.

Either way I'd play Quansah with Virgil, Trent and Andy pick themselves. Endo, Mac and Dom for midfield, Gakpo, Nunez and Salah up front.

Gomez to come on as a sub and score his first.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,036 posts | 200 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #25: Apr 23, 2024 05:15:51 pm
      Anyone else getting to the point where they feel more comfortable with Quansah in the back as opposed to Konate? Maybe it was his too bad games in Europa but he just seems he's always an inch away from a bad mistake. Quansah seems to be a little less prone to flirting with disaster. Maybe it's just me.

Either way I'd play Quansah with Virgil, Trent and Andy pick themselves. Endo, Mac and Dom for midfield, Gakpo, Nunez and Salah up front.

I'm a little torn between the 2.

I think both at their best, Ibou has the higher ceiling but in terms of consistency (exclude the howler at Utd) I think Quansah's proven to be better of the 2.

Maybe the lack of robustness creeps into the mindset of Ibou and it affects his play.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,304 posts | 4949 
      Reply #26: Apr 23, 2024 07:27:11 pm

That's how I'd start the game as well
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,966 posts | 5021 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #27: Apr 23, 2024 07:39:07 pm
      Blueshite are sh*te but they always get up a head of steam Vs us, they’ll feel their safe ish for now so let’s put them back a step and make them sh*t themselves with anxiety for the rest of the season, like Trent alluded to, it’s down to who wants it more,

Isn’t it a absolute Cnut we’ll be without Jota who was well on his way to full match fitness for the last five, but it is what it is and we just have to get on with it, Quansah to partner Virgil with Trent and Robbo in their familiar roles, Endo in as DM with Macca & Grav in the engine room, Gakpo left, Salah right, and young Danns thru the middle, Ginge won’t be expecting that, Captain Chaos on early second half to rough them up a bit at the back,

Maybe Jones & Harvey to create havoc last 20/25, I’d like to think our quality and better play will see us bag those pivotal three points??

C’Mon Redmen let’s drop these fuckers back into the sh*t !!

YNWA
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,844 posts | 6785 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #28: Apr 24, 2024 02:37:00 am
      Bitter cu*ts
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,214 posts | 1104 
      Reply #29: Apr 24, 2024 02:43:50 am
      2-0 win for the Redmen. My buddy says Beto definitely out and they may hold out DCL, if he's fit. 
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,933 posts | 283 
      Reply #30: Apr 24, 2024 06:44:36 am
      14-0 to be a 4 pointer would do.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,579 posts | 1805 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #31: Apr 24, 2024 07:40:19 am
      A win is all I ask for. But would be nice smash a few past that goalie.

Up the reds
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,036 posts | 200 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #32: Apr 24, 2024 08:36:14 am
      Important thing here is we play the game and not the occasion.

They’ll be up for it for sure, but so will we…we match that they have no chance.

Usually feel nervy on match day for away days at bogey sides but I feel much better coming off a few wins and we basically don’t need to travel
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,314 posts | 769 
      Reply #33: Apr 24, 2024 10:18:49 am
      Big game for both sides, for opposite reasons, a draw would suit them, whilst only a win for the Reds is acceptable.

It could well be a tight game, with Jota injured.

Could well of done with a super sub like Origi to f**K our opposition up !
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,597 posts | 1681 
      • YNWA
      Reply #34: Apr 24, 2024 10:25:43 am
      Anyone else getting to the point where they feel more comfortable with Quansah in the back as opposed to Konate?

Not for me. Think Konate is the better option currently, if fit.  Quick, physically strong, experienced, is prone to the odd lapse, but also is on the same side as TAA so is exposed more that VVD would be by Robbo.  Not saying Quansah is not a very good player, but would be Konate for me if fit and available.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,966 posts | 5021 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #35: Apr 24, 2024 10:45:40 am

No not really, Konate is carrying a knock so it’s wise to let him recover fully, Quansah has proven a able back up option and is clearly one for the future, possible Captain material too, he’s learning from the very best there is and the more he plays with Virgil the more he will learn, it’s good he’s making mistakes he’ll learn from, and he for me will become as good if not better than the man himself !!!

YNWA
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,327 posts | 2857 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #36: Apr 24, 2024 12:40:11 pm
      Mo will step up tonight
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,363 posts | 1414 
      Reply #37: Apr 24, 2024 01:48:26 pm
      And when the chances come, stick them away.No messing about with the tape measure, getting the theodolite out to check the horizontal axis...just boot it in FFS.

0-3
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,036 posts | 200 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #38: Apr 24, 2024 01:51:06 pm

Step up or step aside.
      Harrisimo

• 8,363 posts | 1414 
      Reply #39: Apr 24, 2024 02:12:10 pm
      Got a few decisions to make. Might give Arnie a bell.

Defence: Konate or Quansah. My pick..Konate.

Midfield: Elliott or Jones or Dom. My pick: Elliott..Endo..Mac.

Attack: Cody or Nunez..Cody for my pick: Mo..Cody..Diaz. Nunez & Danns in the wings.

Elliott stays in. Brings energy to the side and he played more central at times V Fulham and did well. Dom is a bit sort of neutral at the minute, doesn't shout out..'play me'. Jones is a worker, can't deny that but again his season has been stop start.

Cody has great upper body strength and is a cool finisher so he gets the nod over Nunez who is lacking a bit of composure lately.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,327 posts | 2857 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #40: Apr 24, 2024 04:08:24 pm
      Expect pure shithousery from these tonight, kick everything but the ball....we need to box clever, we are far superior ballers so need to keep focus and play our game, dont get dragged to their level.

If we do that only one outcome, if we get dragged down the sunday league stuff Id be worried well drop 2 points here

Edgy as fook with me younglad gone over in with there lot, albeit with his family. Hope he controls the emotions during the game, not easy
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,277 posts | 930 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #41: Apr 24, 2024 06:01:17 pm
      Correct mentality must be applied tonight no dicking about, they will be all out to F**k us up. Just get the job done and come away with 3 points
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,400 posts | 6407 
      Reply #42: Apr 24, 2024 06:24:53 pm
      Getting excited for this one. I think we will come out and house them from the off. Score a few goals, bag the 3 points and see what happens. If we can win tonight...few at the start of the season would have been be able to say they had us tied (I know...behind on GD) for the league lead at this stage in the season.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,538 posts | 1489 
      Reply #43: Apr 24, 2024 06:44:22 pm
      Expect pure shithousery from these tonight, kick everything but the ball....we need to box clever, we are far superior ballers so need to keep focus and play our game, dont get dragged to their level.

If we do that only one outcome, if we get dragged down the sunday league stuff Id be worried well drop 2 points here

Edgy as fook with me younglad gone over in with there lot, albeit with his family. Hope he controls the emotions during the game, not easy
      We all know this shower of sh*te are incapable
      Of playing  any kind of meaningful football
      That’s why the fuckers  have  dodged relegation for so long.
      As you say we know  exactly what they’ll be out to do to us tonight & they’d  love nothing more than to put a hole in our title hopes .
      As you say we’ve just got to play our own game against this lot & we will be sound.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,407 posts | 797 
      Reply #44: Apr 24, 2024 06:50:44 pm
      We all know this shower of sh*te are incapable
      Of playing  any kind of meaningful football
      That’s why the fuckers  have  dodged relegation for so long.
      As you say we know  exactly what they’ll be out to do to us tonight & they’d  love nothing more than to put a hole in our title hopes .
      As you say we’ve just got to play our own game against this lot & we will be sound.
      The Derby has always been a battlefield fixture....Everton are motivated by the need to survive more than a motivation to F us over...of course they'd like both.....We are streets ahead of them on any metric you like...comfy win 0-3
      Redangel

• 8,381 posts | 1021 
      Reply #45: Apr 24, 2024 06:57:28 pm
      The Derby has always been a battlefield fixture....Everton are motivated by the need to survive more than a motivation to F us over...of course they'd like both.....We are streets ahead of them on any metric you like...comfy win 0-3

I think most of them are motivated to F us over, because they are now convinced they’ll survive relegation! Whether they survive administration is another matter completely!

Quick Reply