Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 8th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W12 D4 L4

Pre-Match: West Ham v Liverpool Sat 27th April 12:30 Kick Off

Read 1147 times
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 966 posts | 184 
      Re: Pre-Match: West Ham v Liverpool Sat 27th April 12:30 Kick Off
      Reply #23: Apr 26, 2024 10:27:10 am
      At this point I'd take a draw and prefer to see a better performance with a much changed side.

Results now mean very little, 0% chance we drop out the CL. That isn't happening as much as people let the idea creep into their minds it's possible, it's not. Just like us winning the league isn't happening.
      redno7
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 159 posts | 14 
      Reply #24: Apr 26, 2024 10:29:58 am
      as it currently stands as of this exact minute we're 3 points off 77pts which is where Arsenal find themselves. With 12 points left to play for (15 for city) its mathematically possible we could still win the league. So, lets stop f*cking around and looking all sorry for our selves and take this to the f*cking last day - starting tomorrow at the Hammers!

Come on!

West Ham 1 - 4 Liverpool
      spurs 1 - 0 Arsenal
      Forrest 0 - 0 City

If this happens it's all back on again!
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,375 posts | 783 
      Reply #25: Apr 26, 2024 10:50:34 am
      as it currently stands as of this exact minute we're 3 points off 77pts which is where Arsenal find themselves. With 12 points left to play for (15 for city) its mathematically possible we could still win the league. So, lets stop f*cking around and looking all sorry for our selves and take this to the f*cking last day - starting tomorrow at the Hammers!

Come on!

West Ham 1 - 4 Liverpool
      spurs 1 - 0 Arsenal
      Forrest 0 - 0 City

The Spurs/Arsenal and the West Ham results are within the boundaries of reality....sadly the Forest/City result is pure Alice in Wonderland  Fantasy.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,307 posts | 2850 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #26: Apr 26, 2024 11:54:09 am
      The Spurs/Arsenal and the West Ham results are within the boundaries of reality....sadly the Forest/City result is pure Alice in Wonderland  Fantasy.

Forest v city will be 0-0.......at tip off.......from that point on 0-0 will be by far and away the most unlikely full time score

See us scoring 4.......not unless Rush, Fowler and Kenny are out of retirement
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,308 posts | 768 
      Reply #27: Apr 26, 2024 11:56:55 am
      Forest v city will be 0-0.......at tip off.......from that point on 0-0 will be by far and away the most unlikely full time score

See us scoring 4.......not unless Rush, Fowler and Kenny are out of retirement

Go along with the last sentence.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,317 posts | 1405 
      Reply #28: Apr 26, 2024 01:53:40 pm
      I've gone for 2-2 but we are well capable of giving WH a thump or three. Won't say it's pressure off so we can play with freedom. We should be in contention and pressure comes with it.

Been issues at both ends. But we have made good progress this season. Injuries and loss of form, bad refereeing has been the biggest disappointment. And arguable one or two average signings. Namely Nunez and Dom, but few weeks back it was Cody in the dock, so all it takes is a few good results and we're back in it...well normally but now the reality is we will likely finish 3rd.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,897 posts | 423 
      Reply #29: Apr 26, 2024 02:45:32 pm

Come on!

West Ham 1 - 4 Liverpool
      spurs 1 - 0 Arsenal
      Forrest 0 - 0 City

Darwin might casually slot one into the net, Lucho might slide one inside the post and past the goalie and 🐖 might fly.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,852 posts | 68 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #30: Apr 26, 2024 04:55:18 pm
      For me, this and the remaining games are about character and playing for the badge, I can't see any chance of the title now so the players have to show us their belief in the club ,the supporters and Klopp . Going for a win 2-0 and a solid performance from coach ,players and the bench !
      RedBelle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 818 posts | 135 
      Re: West Ham v Liverpool Sat 27th April 12:30 Kick Off
      Reply #31: Apr 26, 2024 08:54:30 pm
      It’s prob the game that Klopp sees as getting CL football guarenteed

So

Allison

TAA
      Quansah
      VVD
      Gomez

Endo
      Gary mac
      Gravenburch or Elliot

Diaz
      Gakpo
      Mo

So you don't think Danns might be a better option than one of those front 3? Not trying to be argumentative just asking!
      Not sure relying on Mo with Gakpo through the middle and Diaz who must be absolutely knackered is a good thing! Gakpo is a left winger? Think Danns might at least inject a bit of energy which we so badly need. I really believe we miss Bradley and his pace too.
      Harrisimo

• 8,317 posts | 1405 
      Reply #32: Apr 26, 2024 09:01:46 pm
      Did the Fulham game highlight Trent's true midfield position. Free kick right side edge of box. Angle favoured left footer so Elliott stepped up.

Free kick left side of the box, angle favouring right footer, so right footer Trent steps up and puts it away. Point being if Trent WAS playing left sided to central, box to box attacking midfield, chances are he'd get far more shooting opportunities as it would be coming on to his right foot a lot more. Could look like this:

Ali...Joe..Quansah..VVD. .Robbo...Mac...Endo...Tr ent...Mo...Cody...Diaz.

Don't think Klopp would play Trent that way but Arnie might look at it from a different angle.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,140 posts | 3465 
      Re: West Ham v Liverpool Sat 27th April 12:30 Kick Off
      Reply #33: Apr 26, 2024 09:07:53 pm
      So you don't think Danns might be a better option than one of those front 3? Not trying to be argumentative just asking!
      Not sure relying on Mo with Gakpo through the middle and Diaz who must be absolutely knackered is a good thing! Gakpo is a left winger? Think Danns might at least inject a bit of energy which we so badly need. I really believe we miss Bradley and his pace too.

Think we need to be a little careful not to go too overboard with Danns

He is a bright player but miles away from being proven to be a player to lead the line in this level of game yet

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,363 posts | 1538 
      Reply #34: Apr 26, 2024 11:44:51 pm
      Who ever starts, it’s gonna be a measure of their collective character.

I’m still going for a 0-2 win.

It ain’t over till the fat lady sings 😊

Come on red men, show us some pride 🤛
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,131 posts | 83 
      Reply #35: Apr 27, 2024 02:09:38 am
      No chance, we will lose. The news of the new coach will make the players even more flat and they know that City is gone and basically Arsenall too because of the GD. The fact alone that Edwards apparently and publicly pushed for Slot right now shows he has written off the season. You will see a similar game like vs. Everton, maybe 2-1 or 1-1. I‘d definitely like to see our youngsters, now is a golden opportunity to test & teach under serious conditions. So bring Danns and Musialkowski and who not.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,131 posts | 83 
      Reply #36: Apr 27, 2024 02:11:51 am
      Also in the special case of Salah, I would recommend to play him just for sole economic purposes because he might be gone after this season for much money to Saudi Arabia and if we dump him now that can cost us several million of dollars
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,459 posts | 3429 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #37: Apr 27, 2024 05:08:42 am
      West ham' s biggest threat apart from Bowen usually comes from set pieces so a bit of concentration will be required.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,961 posts | 5016 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #38: Apr 27, 2024 09:11:59 am

Think we need to be a little careful not to go too overboard with Danns

He is a bright player but miles away from being proven to be a player to lead the line in this level of game yet

Disagree Lall, if the lad is good enough and he is why not, Nunez, Mo have hardly come to the fore of late so give the lad a chance, could be the making of him,
      If Bajcetic is fit I’d play him too as DM and NOT Macca, he wasted in there, and if not Bajcetic, Endo, and if not Endo I’d even consider Joe or Trent but definitely and categorically NOT Macca, he’s the only proper creator we have so play him where he’s most effective,

There’s a few players who need to take a long hard look at themselves and ask if they are actually f***in good enough to wear our shirt, I’m sick to f***in death of feeble excuses and/or lacklustre performances, we’re Liverpool FC not f***in N-Everton, how f***in ironic is that, a side languishing in the bottom five Wanting to win more than f***in us supposedly in a title race, F**k off, NOT f***in GOOD ENOUGH !!

So I want a reaction today, it’s already probably too f***in late but I expect those players responsible to pull their heads from their arses and give us performance to talk about and not the excuses why they f***in didn’t, where the F**k is their fight, where’s their passion ??

It’s probably a given that we’ll finish 3rd, but it could have been so much more, we would have taken it at the start of this transitional season but yet it still feels slightly disappointing, as far as the last four games are concerned I expect to see changes cos it’s broke right now and we need a quick fix…..

I’d go thus…………….

………………..Alisson
       Gomez  Quansah Virgil Robbo
                     Bacjetic
           Trent.              Macca
         Salah   Danns    Gakpo

It won’t happen but we need to try something else, Jones, Nunez, Szlobo Not good enough, Mo is only in because he’s the best we have, and Jota the slotta is injured, considered Elliot but he’s better off the bench, G’Berch same, Diaz on later to run at tired defenders, that leaves two more subs, so depending on how we’re doing it’ll be either more experience or giving kids some game time ??

It’s yet another must win as was Everton, as was Palace let’s see how much passion and commitment is left in our squad before the flip flops come out !!

1-2 the NOT  So Mighty Redmen !!

YNWA
      Scottbot

• 9,620 posts | 2159 
      Reply #39: Apr 27, 2024 09:14:08 am
      I imagine the players are feeling as flat as the fans. Hate to say it but I think we will struggle again.

I’d bench the hapless Nunez and give Gakpo a start for sure. I think I’d pull Jones as well, he’s been poor since coming back from injury. Quansah over Konate too, Ibra looks a bag of nerves at the moment
      Redangel

• 8,361 posts | 1013 
      Reply #40: Apr 27, 2024 09:44:44 am
      I’m just hoping that now it looks like the new manager is sorted, and apparently the players are pleased, they will feel the pressure of who may come in lifted and actually win! 👍 Play like they did against Everton and he might change his mind about coming! 😱
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 840 posts | 302 
      Reply #41: Apr 27, 2024 10:41:52 am
      Does 4th place still go into a knockout tie to qualify for the Champions league proper under the new format?

Villa are 8 points behind us so we still need a few points to be secure in 3rd,  obviously we still need to play them.
      I want a strong team but we need to rest or drop some of the players who look exhausted/unmotivated.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 966 posts | 184 
      Reply #42: Apr 27, 2024 10:44:15 am
      Does 4th place still go into a knockout tie to qualify for the Champions league proper under the new format?

Villa are 8 points behind us so we still need a few points to be secure in 3rd,  obviously we still need to play them.
      I want a strong team but we need to rest or drop some of the players who look exhausted/unmotivated.

That’s been scrapped for a few years now, no?

Newcastle went straight into the groups.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,459 posts | 3429 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #43: Apr 27, 2024 10:58:45 am
      No mo or darwin from the start today apparently
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,363 posts | 1538 
      Reply #44: Apr 27, 2024 10:59:13 am

Come on!

West Ham 1 - 4 Liverpool
      spurs 1 - 0 Arsenal
      Forrest 0 - 0 City

Wouldn’t you just love it 😊
      Unlikely, but stranger things have happened 🤷‍♂️
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,363 posts | 1538 
      Reply #45: Apr 27, 2024 11:00:40 am
      That’s been scrapped for a few years now, no?

Newcastle went straight into the groups.

And straight out again 😂😂😂😂

Quick Reply