Read 1349 times
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 1,680 posts | 1636 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Pre-match Liverpool V Wolves 19/5/24 4pm ko
      May 16, 2024 09:51:46 pm
      Well this is it then, the moment we've all been dreading since Jürgen announced he was leaving the club in January  :f_wah:

This is going to be extremely emotional on Sunday, in fact I can't imagine there will be a dry eye in the vicinity of Anfield.

The last day of the season is always a bit of an emotional time anyway especially at home, but this will be a whole new level of emotion.

But first we have a match to play, even though it might not mean anything to either team as such, it will still be nice to get to 82 points and to end the last day of Jürgen's reign with a sweet win.

The Kop will be in full voice and I can't wait to see those fist pumps for the very last time. I'm getting upset now thinking about it.

I'm so glad that Jürgen is a red...

The game is live on sky sports with a 4pm kick off - tissues at the ready  :'(

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Re: Pre-match Liverpool V Wolves 19/5/24 4pm ko
      Reply #1: May 16, 2024 09:56:38 pm
      I loved the early crazy version of Jürgen remember him losing his glasses or his pitch invasion in the Derby. Regardless of silverware he is indeed so much more than a football manager to the club and the City but more than all of that he is a very unique kind warm caring human being
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,113 posts | 2131 
      Reply #2: May 16, 2024 10:05:34 pm
      It will hit me like a tonne of bricks on Sunday. I can feel it. Worse than when he announced it. When he walks down that tunnel for the final time...

It came and went so quickly. I wish I could go back to October 2015 all over again and feel that giddiness, that excitement upon him being revealed as Liverpool manager. There were expectations but most of it hope. I don't think I could ever have envisaged what he would do here and for all of us. He made grown adults like me feel like children again. To some Liverpool kids he's all they've ever known.

From Sunday evening, all we will have left is memories. We've all had such fun together.

Thank you Jürgen, for everything.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #3: May 17, 2024 07:55:03 am
      The only thing to play for is 3 points that'll send Jürgen on his way with another win.

It's the end of an era, a wonderful time to be a Liverpool supporter, and I will be forever grateful to the man for everything he has done.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,284 posts | 2765 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4: May 17, 2024 08:32:42 am
      Well it’s arrived! Klopp's last game for Liverpool football club and the time for the fans to say goodbye to what I believe is in the top 3 Liverpool managers of all time.  For me ( from the heart )  he’s the best merely based on the fact he’s such a likeable character that not only shows his class on the touch lines but more importantly off the pitch.

I’ll be watching three matches at the same time on Sunday but Liverpool will be on the big screen and the other two on laptop & IPad such the significance  of this match. By all intents and purposes  I’m an outsider looking in but I can’t help but feel the score line won’t have much relevance as Sunday May 19th will rightly be about the great man himself. 

For those that remember this will be liking watching a famous movie called The Champ ( 1979 ) for the younger fan something thing like Schindler’s List ( 1993 ) or The Green Mile (1999 ) Hard as Liverpool fans are I don’t believe there will be a dry eye in the house,  the Adams apples will be plentiful for sure. I’m really going to miss him and I’m glad I’m not in your shoes come Sunday.

I presume there’s plenty going on behind the scenes before/during the match and most certainly after the match, I’ll be glued to the box as i personally think the best football anthem in the world YNWA will be sang at the highest level I’ve ever heard it in all my years watching football.

GOODBYE Jürgen KLOPP. You’ll be sadly missed.  :(

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #5: May 17, 2024 08:45:58 am
      Win big for Jürgen lads.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #6: May 17, 2024 09:25:45 am
      It'll be an occasion that's for sure.

The man is a legend and yet another one who came to us and just got it from the off.

Will he be missed? Without a shadow of a doubt.

Will we move on? Of course and while I wish Jürgen all the best once Sunday is over we look to the future.

Sad day and one we thought maybe was further away than it was but it is what it is
      redno7
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 169 posts | 18 
      Reply #7: May 17, 2024 09:36:40 am
      Last time I felt this emotional was the last day of the old standing Kop... Norwich beat us 1-0 with a Goss wonder goal! slightly tarnished but still emotional. Let's hope we don't let Wolves do that on Sunday.

4-1 to the Reds with Klopp running on in the 89th minute to score the 4th
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #8: May 17, 2024 10:00:52 am
      Tearing up already, just thinking about Sunday. Just want to say thanks Jürgen for the memories, for totally getting the essence of this club and this City and for making us believe again. I wish you and your family nothing but the best, enjoy your time with your family you’ve earned it!
      A win in his final match is the least the lads can do for him. 3-0
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,944 posts | 452 
      Reply #9: May 17, 2024 10:16:02 am
      F**k it both clubs playing for nothing. Let's have one last end to end tear up!!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,113 posts | 2131 
      Reply #10: May 17, 2024 11:01:14 am
      It'll be an occasion that's for sure.

The man is a legend and yet another one who came to us and just got it from the off.

Will he be missed? Without a shadow of a doubt.

Will we move on? Of course and while I wish Jürgen all the best once Sunday is over we look to the future.

Sad day and one we thought maybe was further away than it was but it is what it is

So true Si. But if you'd told me back in October 2015 that we'd get nearly 9 years run with this guy I would have been over the moon. It has felt remarkably shorter than that though.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,143 posts | 224 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #11: May 17, 2024 11:10:41 am
      I promised myself I wouldn't get all emotional until after the final whistle on Sunday.......which is why I'm abstaining from watching his presser this morning.

Back on the game itself, our game is 1 of 4 that's been selected by Sky/TNT to be broadcasted on the final day.

Televised games:

Arsenal vs Everton - live on TNT Sports 1

Chelsea vs Bournemouth - live on Sky Sports Arena/Football

Liverpool vs Wolves - live on Sky Sports Premier League

Manchester City vs West Ham - live on Sky Sports Main Event

Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,475 posts | 823 
      Reply #12: May 17, 2024 11:37:29 am
      On this day......at this hour....The Spion Kop all flags and banners and with scarf's proudly held aloft, the whole stadium together in full voice with every man, woman and child, not just inside Anfield but across the whole wide world, unashamedly in tears, including I suspect the great man himself.
      We were blessed to have him....and he was blessed to have us.
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #13: May 17, 2024 11:57:58 am
      A total dead rubber of a game for Jurgens last. The result irrelevant. Just a day for Jürgen and the crowd to show him one final time how much we appreciate what he has done for our great club the past 9 years.

Emotions will be very much on show. But its not a day to be sad for me. Its a day to remember all the great times he has given us. He gave us something we had waited 30 years for, and may have to again. He gave us no6. He harnassed the power of anfield and made it a fortress again. He brought the team and supporters back together. He won it all. And he did it with humility and class.

Thanks boss. Enjoy your day on sunday. You deserve it and you will be missed. One of the greatest ever managers we have ever had. One of the best human beings to represent our city.

Hes one of us. He is with us and always will be. Thankyou Jürgen.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,759 posts | 863 
      Reply #14: May 17, 2024 12:15:43 pm
      This one is really going to be though to watch for me. Just thinking about it and the significance of that game and what comes after makes my eyes go a little watery.

I felt like sh*t for a good month after the announcement earlier in the season and barely managed to push that into in a corner of my head where I could sort of forget about it. It's been fully back for 3 weeks now and it's intensifying now that we're going into the last game.

Thank you Jürgen. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. For us, you're much more and will always be much more than just a manager.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #15: May 17, 2024 10:44:15 pm
      A total dead rubber of a game for Jurgens last. The result irrelevant. Just a day for Jürgen and the crowd to show him one final time how much we appreciate what he has done for our great club the past 9 years.

A real shame how it's all panned out but I'm also quite excited for our next journey ahead.

Without the presence of the 115 charges club it could have been an even more successful reign.

Ultimately I think that was part of what wore him down.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,517 posts | 3460 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #16: May 17, 2024 11:00:46 pm
      Apparently 13th different kick off time/day of the season
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #17: May 18, 2024 12:21:35 am
      Jürgen became woven into the fabric of this club from the moment he announced,
      “I am the normal one”
      He will never escape that, as so many before him have experienced. A small piece of him will remain. And a small piece of Liverpool FC will go with him.

Where ever life’s adventures take him, he will never be completely free from us, nor us from him !
      He will forever be a part of LFC.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1545 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #18: May 18, 2024 08:11:51 am
      Not interested in the result, just hoping there are about 9 years of injury time.   :(  :)
      Harrisimo

• 8,410 posts | 1431 
      Reply #19: May 18, 2024 11:14:08 am
      His last pick..tough day from an emotional standpoint. Had to come but still tough to take. I celebrate his time here and wish him happiness, health and long life.

Ali..Trent..Joe..VVD..Ro bbo..Elliott..Endo..Mac. .Mo..Gakpo..Diaz.

4-0.

..tears.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #20: May 18, 2024 02:31:03 pm
      Think we’ll get ahead in this, then Jurgens subs, trying to get everyone minutes second half, is likely give wolves some incentive.

But who actually cares today 🤛

Still gone for 4:1
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #21: May 18, 2024 04:30:56 pm
      Almost forgot about the game. There will a lot of pressure to start. Seeing city lose on goal difference would some sort of Karma. Rumour Thiago is fit.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #22: May 18, 2024 09:55:39 pm
      Almost forgot about the game. There will a lot of pressure to start. Seeing city lose on goal difference would some sort of Karma. Rumour Thiago is fit.
      Probably fit enough to walk from the gym to the treatment room 😱

Quick Reply