Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 3rd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W3 D0 L0

Arne Slot - LFC Manager (Head Coach)

Read 5997 times
      red trooper, IrishRed_IO, Redangel, Diego LFC, Tayls and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Re: Arne Slot - LFC Manager (Head Coach)
      Reply #46: May 20, 2024 07:58:05 pm
      Excited to see what he can do!
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #47: May 20, 2024 07:58:23 pm
      Big welcome to Arne Slot as Liverpool manager. Hopefully today is the start of another exciting ride. As JĆ¼rgen said yesterday, lets get all in from day one and give the new boss the fortress at home and classic travelling red army on the road and welcome him to our club and city as we did JĆ¼rgen. As one, manager players and fans we can achieve so much more than if divided. Good luck Arne.

Im going to take a break from here. Refocus and find new perspective on all things including this great club of hours. And come back with a clean slate. All being good back here for the pre-match thread of the first game of the season. When the fixtures come out im expecting them to have put together a very tough start for Arne.

So all thats left is to say i hope all my fellow reds on here have a great summer, holidays, family time, weddings ... all the best to you all. See you in August and we go again.

Take care all.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,150 posts | 3385 
      Reply #48: May 20, 2024 08:00:51 pm
      Well it's easy to see why the yanks went for him, his name is an anagram of the nickname for Texas.

Arne Slot becomes Lone Star.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,119 posts | 2133 
      Reply #49: May 20, 2024 08:19:29 pm
      Welcome Arne. Is this the first time weā€™ve had a ā€œhead coachā€ as opposed to a manger?

See which media outlets are reporting him as Liverpool's new manager vs Liverpool's new head coach. It's almost a proxy in figuring out what accurate / decent journalism is.

So far The Telegraph, Daily Mail, ESPN and the scum are using manager...so quite accurate so far.
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 580 posts | 115 
      Reply #50: May 20, 2024 08:21:49 pm
      Interesting article in the Telegraph. Behind a paywall.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2024/05/20/arne-slot-liverpool-manager-contract-signed-key-players/

Arne Slotā€™s life in football in nine quotes

Relatively little is known about Feyenoord manager Arne Slot, the man who has succeeded JĆ¼rgen Klopp as manager of Liverpool.

Here are nine of the Dutchmanā€™s best quotes that provide an insight into what makes him tick.

1. On the expectations of his players
      ā€œI want as many good football players as possible in the team and I want to make them work as hard as possible. I believe that when we work to perfect our habits every day, we have more chance to cut out luck.ā€

2. On Messi, Guardiola and Klopp
      ā€œThere are two people who have really enriched football in recent decades, who have never disappointed me. Those are Lionel Messi and Pep Guardiola.

ā€œMessi has everything. Guardiolaā€™s teams always play good, dominant, well-thought-out football. Then of course you have JĆ¼rgen Klopp. Manchester City-Liverpool for me is the ultimate game.ā€

3. On his pressing philosophy
      ā€œWe always want to create a surplus around the ball, both offensively and defensively so that we can lock down the opponent and immediately move forward. We always have to press the ball aggressively when we are outnumbered. That is why our defenders must be as high as possible on the field, so that we can win the ball in the opponentā€™s half and immediately launch a counter-attack.ā€

Feyenoord press
      The aggressive press was the cornerstone of Feyenoord's succes under Slot CREDIT: MAURICE VAN STEEN/EPA-EFE/Shutterstock
      4. On his formation, system and flexibility
      ā€œThere are several teams playing with many systems. We have a team where you can see the changing system in the game. We play 4-3-3 and if the opponent is trying to pressure us in a certain way then we need to have an answer to that. These differences can be quite small to see.ā€

5. On losing to Manchester United (as AZ manager)
      ā€œThe first 50 minutes I think we played quite well. I had the feeling it was quite a close match and that both teams could score. When youā€™re 1-0 down and you have to win over here itā€™s going to be very difficult and then the situation of the second goal comes and afterwards it was over for us. United showed how good they were in that period.

ā€œWhen you want to have a result at Old Trafford you cannot have a situation like this [for the second goal]. Everyone saw it was a foul, we watched it back and it was a clear foul. When you concede a goal after a foul like this itā€™s almost impossible for us to win then over here.ā€

6. On his relationship with fans
      ā€œOur fans are so important, of course the players are important, but the fans can create this atmosphere between the players and the fans so we can score. We need them.ā€

Arne Slot
      Slot brought the Eredivisie title back to Rotterdam for only the second time this century CREDIT: OLAF KRAAK/ANP/AFP via Getty Images
      7. On Feyenoordā€™s rivalry with Roma:
      ā€œThe Dutch media asked me a lot of questions, ā€˜Do you think about revenge [for the Europa Conference League final defeat in 2021/22]ā€™ā€¦ and then the headline is: ā€˜He wants revenge.ā€™ But of course if youā€™ve lost a game, if itā€™s a final or another game, itā€™s quite normal for a professional sportsman that you want to win the next time.

ā€œI do not think that itā€™s an emotional overload that makes it difficult or these kinds of things to play against AS Roma. What makes it difficult is that they have a very good organisation and very, very good individual players.ā€

8. On Jose Mourinho criticising his sideā€™s progress
      ā€œIf he said this a few months ago then I completely agree with him. I watched the game back this morning from the Conference League final and that team played very good football always the way to the final and also during the final. And at the beginning of this season the team that is here now didnā€™t play that well.

ā€œBut Iā€™m hoping that maybe when he [Mourinho] sits here in a few hours he will change his opinion, because that is what I do. I think weā€™ve improved a lot through the season.ā€

9. On why Celtic are better than Rangers
      ā€œI think they [Celtic] are a great team who play good football.

ā€œYou should have and pay respect to teams that have been champions. Because I know how difficult it is to become a champion.

ā€œCeltic, the last 10 years, they were nine times champions [in Scotland], I think Iā€™ll offend Rangers fans, but Celtic are a much better team than Rangers if you look at the results.

ā€œIā€™m a Dutchman so of course I like to watch Rangers. They had Giovanni van Bronckhorst, I think at that time they were really good but in the last 10 years Celtic have performed much better.ā€
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #51: May 20, 2024 09:41:31 pm
      I just have a good feeling about this guy
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,552 posts | 1546 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #52: May 20, 2024 10:53:22 pm
      Total football.

@AnfieldEdition

🥇| Arne Slot has moved Liverpoolā€™s return to preseason a week earlier than originally planned, with the squad now set to return to the AXA Training Centre in the first week of July. [@_ChrisBascombe]
      « Last Edit: May 20, 2024 11:15:03 pm by Rush »
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,177 posts | 265 
      Reply #53: May 21, 2024 01:11:54 am
      Welcome to the greatest club Arne.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,528 posts | 3466 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #54: May 21, 2024 02:26:41 am
      Big welcome to Arne Slot as Liverpool manager. Hopefully today is the start of another exciting ride. As JĆ¼rgen said yesterday, lets get all in from day one and give the new boss the fortress at home and classic travelling red army on the road and welcome him to our club and city as we did JĆ¼rgen. As one, manager players and fans we can achieve so much more than if divided. Good luck Arne.

Im going to take a break from here. Refocus and find new perspective on all things including this great club of hours. And come back with a clean slate. All being good back here for the pre-match thread of the first game of the season. When the fixtures come out im expecting them to have put together a very tough start for Arne.

So all thats left is to say i hope all my fellow reds on here have a great summer, holidays, family time, weddings ... all the best to you all. See you in August and we go again.

Take care all.

Have a good summer. Take care of yourself mate.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,528 posts | 3466 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #55: May 21, 2024 02:27:23 am
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 842 posts | 142 
      Reply #56: May 21, 2024 05:38:42 am
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,945 posts | 452 
      Reply #57: May 21, 2024 09:39:35 am
      Total football.

@AnfieldEdition

🥇| Arne Slot has moved Liverpoolā€™s return to preseason a week earlier than originally planned, with the squad now set to return to the AXA Training Centre in the first week of July. [@_ChrisBascombe]

Making friends already  ;D
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 842 posts | 142 
      Reply #58: May 21, 2024 10:44:03 am
      A good little read for a cup of tea or coffee.....

https://archive.ph/v5Oqx
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,245 posts | 3496 
      Reply #59: May 21, 2024 10:46:02 am
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,984 posts | 5042 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #60: May 21, 2024 01:12:45 pm
      Impressive to say the least, I think we got another winner with us, just give the fella enough time to instill his methods, his philosophy and his traits, there is absolutely no doubt the players he has inherited are a step up in quality from what he is leaving behind,
      Weā€™ve seen enough footage to see his style, his system will suit us to a tee, so let him join all the dots and letā€™s see what he can produce ??

Welcome Arne to the greatest football club on the planet!!

YNWA
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #61: May 21, 2024 01:20:35 pm
      Some people and pundits are declaring how challenging its going to be to have to follow Klopp.  I see it the other way around -- Arne will be metaphorically standing on the shoulders of giants.  JĆ¼rgen helped to wake up the sleeping giant, and he helped to get the fans believing again.  We are a well run club from top to bottom, and we have a good group of players with a good average age in the squad.  Arne is not going to be hindered by having to follow JĆ¼rgen -- he will be empowered by the things JĆ¼rgen helped build over the last decade!! 

Welcome Arne!!!  I can't wait to see where we go from here!!!

:kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      Harrisimo

• 8,410 posts | 1432 
      Reply #62: May 21, 2024 02:13:09 pm
      "Arne....cum here..listen...'ave you done them chores yet.."

" What chores.."

"Cheers Arne...I'll 'ave a pint of guinness..."
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,147 posts | 224 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #63: May 21, 2024 02:13:59 pm

Took the words out of my mouth.

:lmao: :lmao:
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,264 posts | 2858 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #64: May 21, 2024 02:28:00 pm
      Does anyone know what (squad) number Slot had as a player?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,289 posts | 2766 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #65: May 21, 2024 02:32:52 pm
      Impressive to say the least, I think we got another winner with us, just give the fella enough time to instill his methods, his philosophy and his traits, there is absolutely no doubt the players he has inherited are a step up in quality from what he is leaving behind,
      Weā€™ve seen enough footage to see his style, his system will suit us to a tee, so let him join all the dots and letā€™s see what he can produce ??

Welcome Arne to the greatest football club on the planet!!

YNWA

Letā€™s not forget if what we read is true he was your third choice.   :f_whistle:
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,477 posts | 823 
      Reply #66: May 21, 2024 02:43:05 pm
      Letā€™s not forget if what we read is true he was your third choice.   :f_whistle:
      And you lot have the "Turd" choice :lmao:
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,716 posts | 7164 
      Reply #67: May 21, 2024 02:45:14 pm
      he will get his time to settle in and we dont boo our team too many times unlike others who boo and part the stadium halfway through a game.
      Doesnt matter what he has done in the past he is now in the big boys league . What players come in will be interesting and a clue to who is going. Felt our team was just short of a spark this season a case of so close etc. He is taking over a much better squad than JĆ¼rgen had and he must be grateful for that.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4596 
      Reply #68: May 21, 2024 04:05:34 pm
      Any hope of editing this? Zero effort for an OP of the new manager thread

Give it to Clintā€¦.

Welcome to the club Arneā€¦

Oh on the streets of Arne roadā€¦ Iā€™ll get my coatā€¦😂

Quick Reply